Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play Together: Jagged Alliance 2 1.13

Zdzisiu

Arcane
On the wave of recent turn-based tactical Codex members including LP's, I decided to LP this famous and Codex approved game.

JA2_With_HAM_32010-01-2415-37-51-23.jpg

Few facts about this LP:
1. It is my first LP ever, so any suggestion are more than welcome.
2. We will Ironman this shit so it may (and probably will) end prematurely.
3. We will play version 1.13 with HAM 3.5 because this is the one I have installed right now.
4.Game settings will be: Expert, tons of guns, realistic, ironman, new inventory system.
5.We will play a mix between Polish and English language version because that is what happened after installing 1.13 on Polish version of the game.

And for more immersion! I will let you create all 6 IMP guys from start.

You need to post:
- A name for you merc, and a nickname (may be the same)

- Chose your apperance as on this screenshot:
JA2_With_HAM_32010-01-2415-39-16-56.jpg

-Chose one of those character traits
JA2_With_HAM_32010-01-2415-39-22-81.jpg

-Chose one of those disabilities: (If you will chose one it will give you some skills bonus AFAIK)
JA2_With_HAM_32010-01-2415-39-27-15.jpg

-Chose one, two or none of those skills (If you chose one, it will have double strenght)
JA2_With_HAM_32010-01-2415-39-32-79.jpg

-Put your skill point between those attributes: (You can increase your Level, max is 6)
(For non Polish speaking people the attributes are as follow:
Health, Dexterity, Agility, Strenght, Wisdom, Leadership, Marksmanship, Explosives, Medic skill, Mechanical skill)
JA2_With_HAM_32010-01-2415-39-41-01.jpg

- And finally, you chose your gender and portrait from those:

JA2_With_HAM_PORTK8.jpg
JA2_With_HAM_PORTK7.jpg
JA2_With_HAM_PORTK6.jpg
JA2_With_HAM_PORTK5.jpg
JA2_With_HAM_PORTK4.jpg
JA2_With_HAM_PORTK3.jpg
JA2_With_HAM_PORTK2.jpg
JA2_With_HAM_PORTK1.jpg

JA2_With_HAM_PORT8.jpg
JA2_With_HAM_PORT7.jpg
JA2_With_HAM_PORT6.jpg
JA2_With_HAM_PORT5.jpg
JA2_With_HAM_3PORT1.jpg
JA2_With_HAM_3PORT4.jpg
JA2_With_HAM_3PORT3.jpg
JA2_With_HAM_3PORT2.jpg

I would like to have a balanced team, with somebody as a medic, other for repair, some sniper maybe etc.

So, who want to die a violent dead trying to liberate some shithole country? :twisted:

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
You are so fucking dead... an so am I.

WhiskeyWolf

-Chose your apperance as on this screenshot: black hair, the rest in dark-green, normal body.

-Chose one of those character traits: Arrogant

-Chose one of those disabilities: (If you will chose one it will give you some skills bonus AFAIK): Nervous

-Chose one, two or none of those skills (If you chose one, it will have double strenght): Teaching

-Put your skill point between those attributes: (You can increase your Level, max is 6):
Medic skill-max
Mechanical skill-min
Explosives-min
You divide the rest, I'm to lazy and don't have JA2 installed.

JA2_With_HAM_PORT8.jpg

JoKa

Cipher
Walter Sobchak

-Chose your apperance as on this screenshot: brown hair, white(?) skin, olive/brown shirt&pants big body.

-Chose one of those character traits: Asshole

-Chose one of those disabilities: Psychotic

-Chose one, two or none of those skills (If you chose one, it will have double strenght):
Auto Weapons, Hand to hand combat

-Put your skill point between those attributes: (You can increase your Level, max is 6):
Medic skill-min
Mechanical skill-max
Explosives-min
Strength-max
Masksmanship-min
starting level: 3
divide the rest as you see fit ;)

- And finally, you chose your gender and portrait from those: the second one from the left (lower row ;) )

Looks like we need some shooty...

Name: Overweight Manatee

Appearance: Black hair, Dark skin, Large body, Dark green or blue shirt/pants.

Character traits: Aggressive

Disabilities: Psychotic

Specialties: Night Ops, Sniper

Stats: Explosives at 0, medical and mechanical at 35. Leadership to 35. Max health/agility/Wisdom. Dexterity and strength both to 65. Split the rest between marksmanship and level.

Make me the black fellow, 5th from the left bottom row.

Character should be a beast during the night. Normally wouldn't min-max like this but I want to survive for at least a few fights. Hire scope for a day so that I can have my way with her and steal her equipment :lol:

Big Nose George

Educated
Orgasm, female.

JA2_With_HAM_PORTK7.jpg

Normal body.
Loner.
Nonswimmer.
Camouflage.
Max Marksmanship.
Rest up to you.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Here is a little teaser update:

As we have our 6 brave heroes, we managed to send them via helicopter as a medical aid. You can see them jumping in a hurry out of that helicopter because pilot was not happy to find 6 armed people instead of crates full of morphine.

JA2_With_HAM_32010-01-2422-01-34-17.jpg

And let's see what they took with them on this dangerous journey.

Whiskey:
JA2_With_HAM_32010-01-2422-02-40-98.jpg

Walter:
JA2_With_HAM_32010-01-2422-02-49-60.jpg

Manatee:
JA2_With_HAM_32010-01-2422-02-22-26.jpg

Orgasm:
JA2_With_HAM_32010-01-2422-02-44-84.jpg

Taplo: (Sorry, max 8 char nicks, and you have to be a female because there are not enough voices for males :D)
JA2_With_HAM_32010-01-2422-02-29-26.jpg

Reject:
JA2_With_HAM_32010-01-2422-02-33-62.jpg

Fairly typical starting gear, except Walter who have a shitty pistol. And some of you have scopes and other attachements you can't use right now.

For more fun we are going with "drop all" turned off :twisted: But will probably fight at night at the start to have any chance to live until Drassen. And Drassen counter-attack is off, definitly.

Proper update with blood and tears tommorow.

zool

Arcane
Just seeing the starting screen was enough to make me reinstall the game..

Big Nose George

Educated
How is 75 Marksmanship == Max
That Taplo bitch has 85
:(

And why did you make some mercs level 3. I dont remember what levels even do in the game...

Pliskin

Arbiter
I hope you've done a few more modifications to the .ini:

SLOW_PROGRESS_FOR_ENEMY_ITEMS_CHOICE = TRUE (slows down weapon progression for the AI, so you don't all have uber-assault rifles by the second battle)

Suppression is turned OFF by default. This turns it on:

SUPPRESSION_EFFECTIVENESS = 100

SUPPRESSION_TOLERANCE_MAX = 18
SUPPRESSION_TOLERANCE_MIN = 4

COWER_EFFECT_ON_SUPPRESSION = 150

INCREASE_AI_WILLINGNESS_TO_SUPPRESS = TRUE

Tracers are set at an unrealistic global weapon bonus (it's per magazine equiped), this makes them work more like in real life (i.e; a set bonus per tracer round)

REALISTIC_TRACERS = 1
NUM_BULLETS_PER_TRACER = 4
CTH_BUMP_PER_TRACER = 10

I also tend to increase the amount of enemy troops in the Queen's pool, just because they die too quick for my tastes, and by the end-game it's a bit of a cake-walk.

; Amount of troops avaliable to the queen at game start
NOVICE_QUEENS_POOL_OF_TROOPS = 300
EXPERIENCED_QUEENS_POOL_OF_TROOPS = 600
EXPERT_QUEENS_POOL_OF_TROOPS = 1000
INSANE_QUEENS_POOL_OF_TROOPS = 8000

; Initial group sizes for pre-placed garrisons when starting a new game
NOVICE_INITIAL_GARRISON_PERCENTAGES = 70
EXPERIENCED_INITIAL_GARRISON_PERCENTAGES = 100
EXPERT_INITIAL_GARRISON_PERCENTAGES = 150
INSANE_INITIAL_GARRISON_PERCENTAGES = 200

; Percent of troops converted to extra elites in enemy groups
EXPERIENCED_ELITE_BONUS = 10
EXPERT_ELITE_BONUS = 25
INSANE_ELITE_BONUS = 50

; Minimum enemy group size
NOVICE_MIN_ENEMY_GROUP_SIZE = 5
EXPERIENCED_MIN_ENEMY_GROUP_SIZE = 6
EXPERT_MIN_ENEMY_GROUP_SIZE = 7
INSANE_MIN_ENEMY_GROUP_SIZE = 10

QUEEN_POOL_INCREMENT_PER_DIFFICULTY_LEVEL = 100

I won't bother with mobile militia settings, since nobody seems to use it.

I rcommend you get some mercs with Teaching skills, ASAP. Oh, and Grizzly. Give him a crowbar, and he can open just about anything. Not to mention having a STR of 98 (so he can haul all yr gear), being a Hvy Weapons (grenade launchers / mortars), and Hand-to-Hand (snatch items off of the enemy), and a high WIS (learns quick). He rocks.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Good fun, I'll be waiting to see you all die horribly.

TIP: You can turn the off the appearance of the frame rate in FRAPS if you want. Just disable the Overlay Corner.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Go with Pliskin's suggestions. I used to fool around with the .ini but he seems to know what he's doing.

Also, use this if you want to rename mercs you hire. For example, you can hire Ivan, save the game, load your save with this puppy and rename him in that save to Trash. Only if you want, that is.

Big Nose George said:
How is 75 Marksmanship == Max
That Taplo bitch has 85
:(

And why did you make some mercs level 3. I dont remember what levels even do in the game...

Level is kind of an overall bonus to everything. Higher chance to hit, higher chance to interrupt during their turn, higher chance to succeed in just about any skill check. Pretty sure it also effects things like how stealthy you are, how well you can hear, how well you can see. Basically tons of shit. Its only in newer versions of the 1.13 mod that you can edit it. It costs more stat points for each level you take though, so its a tradeoff.

Don't worry about marksmanship too much, it goes up fast anyway (assuming we live through a few battles, that is). Wisdom is that stat you want, improves learning of everything.

spekkio

Arcane
Weird. Pictures don't show up on Firefox 2.0.0.20.
Under old IE 6.0 they work fine...

Also: great job, keep it up!

The_scorpion

Liturgist
awesome :)

do you plan to use any custom content like maps or such?

btw if IMP's die, you can create new ones. So in case iron man mode means death to them all, new canonfodder may be mobilised *salute*

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom