Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play Ultima: From Akalabeth to Ascension! (Now on VII)

Divinity: Original Sin
Did you played this second part in exult?

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
He didn't otherwise the paperdolls would show the equipment equipped on the characters body instead.

Elzair

Cipher
Ultima VII Part 3: The Play's the Thing

Ultima VII: The Black Gate

Part 3: The Play's the Thing

Since I am busy, this will be a short update.

When we last left off, I had just stepped outside the walls of Trinsic.

uviib00262.png

I head north to Paws and Britain.

map.jpg

Here is a version of the cloth map that came with Ultima VII.

uviib00263.png

I now come across a Passion Play. I speak to some of the performers.

uviib00267.png

u7MaleAvatar.png
Who are you?

u7Paul.png
I am Paul. My colleagues' names are Meryl and Dustin.

u7MaleAvatar.png
What are you doing?

u7Paul.png
We perform a Passion Play about The Fellowship. It costs only 2 gold per person to see. If thou dost want us to perform it, please say so.

u7MaleAvatar.png
What is a Passion Play?

u7Paul.png
A Passion Play is a morality tale performed on stage.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Are you performing now?

u7Paul.png
Wouldst thou like to see our Passion Play?

u7MaleAvatar.png
Yes.

uviib00271.png
uviib00273.png
uviib00274.png
uviib00275.png
uviib00276.png
uviib00277.png
uviib00278.png
uviib00279.png
uviib00280.png
uviib00281.png
uviib00283.png
uviib00285.png
uviib00286.png
uviib00287.png
uviib00288.png
uviib00290.png
uviib00291.png
uviib00292.png
uviib00293.png
uviib00294.png
uviib00295.png
uviib00296.png
uviib00297.png
uviib00298.png
uviib00299.png
uviib00300.png
uviib00301.png
uviib00303.png
uviib00304.png
uviib00306.png
uviib00307.png
uviib00308.png
uviib00309.png
uviib00311.png
uviib00313.png
uviib00314.png
uviib00315.png
uviib00316.png
uviib00317.png

Yeeeeaaaaahhhh . . . . . . maybe the Fellowship is a little bit evil.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Oh come on, they're not evil. Just batshit insane. And with a good marketing campaign.

[Above view based on current state of playthrough. Opinion subject to change.]

Elzair

Cipher
Ultima VII Part 4: I've Got Some Good Shit

Ultima VII: The Black Gate

Part 4: I've Got Some Good Shit

uviib00318.png

We now arrive in Paws, meth lab capital of Britannia. Since Britannia is modernizing, every halfway-intelligent yokel has fled his little hovel and headed for the big city. All remaining residents can just grub in the dirt and shoot up. Ultima can sometimes surprise you with its realistic depictions.

uviib00319.png

This is the Salty Dog, the local inn/tavern. Let's talk to the residents.

uviib00320.png

u7MaleAvatar.png
I am the Avatar.

u7Morfin.png
Thou art a vile fool, desperate for others to like thee. I would pity thee, were it not that I loathe thee even more!

Oh no he didn't! If he was not necessary for the next subplot I would fuck his shit up!

u7MaleAvatar.png
I demand an apology!

u7Morfin.png
I do apologize for my rudeness earlier, Avatar. I have since realized that thou art an honest person. Please forgive mine insults. He bows, dripping insincerity.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Who are you?

u7Morfin.png
My name is Morfin.

u7MaleAvatar.png
What do you do?

u7Morfin.png
I am a merchant who operates one of the most thriving businesses in Paws, which includes the slaughterhouse.

u7MaleAvatar.png
You're a merchant?

u7Morfin.png
Oh, I sell a little of this and that, here and there. Wherever there is a demand, I try to supply it.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Demand for what?

u7Morfin.png
There is quite a demand for the venom of the silver serpent in certain areas, for instance.

u7MaleAvatar.png
How do you supply it?

u7Morfin.png
I keep a small stock of silver serpent venom from time to time which I sell to the apothecary in Britannia for a modest profit. The government is trying to control sales of it until they can determine how dangerous the effects are.

u7MaleAvatar.png
What are the effects?

u7Morfin.png
They are widely known. Silver serpent venom is a reagent that, when ingested in small doses, temporarily enhances one's physical strength, stamina and quickness along with bringing a feeling of euphoria.After the effectswear off, the subject feels quite drained. This tends to make them want to take it again.Prolonged use in such a fashion will bring about a condition that deteriorates the skin, eventually causing it to rot away.Finally, too great a dose, or too great an accumulation of doses, is fatal, as the venom is a deadly poison.It may very well have some healing properties when used in other ways we have yet to discover, but any user of the venom should not do so without caution.

Okay . . .

u7MaleAvatar.png
This place seems to poor to afford much illegal drugs.

u7Morfin.png
I do suppose my ventures are profitable enough for me to afford to move to Britain, but things are so much less expensive here. Of course, the theft has me a bit wary.If thou dost wish to know more about the people here, speak to the couple who run the Fellowship shelter, Feridwyn and Brita.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Theft?

u7Morfin.png
Thou art a stranger in Paws. Beware the thief who roams this town! The culprit has stolen a quantity of my valuable silver serpent venom!

u7MaleAvatar.png
How much venom was stolen?

u7Morfin.png
A terrible crime, causing me no small amount of monetary distress. It has caused the surrounding community to worry about their possessions as well. I would be thine humble servant shouldst thou help investigate the matter. Wilt thou?

u7MaleAvatar.png
Yes.

u7Morfin.png
Then I shall cooperate fully, Avatar.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Bye.

u7Morfin.png
Good day to thee.

uviib00325.png

u7MaleAvatar.png
Who are you?

u7Thurston.png
I am Thurston.

u7MaleAvatar.png
What do you do?

u7Thurston.png
I operate the mill here in Paws.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Tell me about the mill.

u7Thurston.png
The local economy depends upon the mill for flour. So I ensure that the mill runs. Sometimes, I feel that keeping the wheels turning is the only reason to live.

u7MaleAvatar.png
That is your only reason to live?

u7Thurston.png
I have no wife or family. I have thought about joining The Fellowship, but I refuse. I have nothing but my work, and a drink at the Salty Dog now and then.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Why don't you join?

uviib00326.png

Foreshadowing!

u7MaleAvatar.png
Well, at least you have the Salty Dog!

u7Thurston.png
In truth, I go there more to be near Polly, the innkeeper, than for the wine. But she is always busy tending bar and has no time for me, I am sure.

Here is the first opportunity for the Avatar to play matchmaker!

u7MaleAvatar.png
Bye.

u7Thurston.png
Good day to thee, Avatar.

uviib00327.png

u7MaleAvatar.png
Who are you?

u7Polly.png
I am Polly. It is a pleasure to meet thee.

u7MaleAvatar.png
What do you do?

u7Polly.png
The owner and proprietor of the Salty Dog, the finest eating and drinking establishment in all of Paws, at thy service.

uviib00328.png

u7Polly.png
Thurston really said that about me! I have always liked him, but in truth I have always thought I was not good enough for him!

u7MaleAvatar.png
I am tired, so I would like a room.

u7Polly.png
For but 5 gold thou canst let one of our lovely rooms. Dost thou wish to stay here for the night?

u7MaleAvatar.png
yes.

u7Polly.png
Here is thy key for this inn. 'Twill only work once.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Well, see you later!

u7Polly.png
Good day to thee, Avatar.

uviib00330.png

I rest until morning.

uviib00331.png

What a beautiful day! Let's head over to the mill and tell Thurston what a
lummox he is.

uviib00332.png

It is ridiculous that she believes I am too good for her! Suddenly he forgets his work and starts hurrying around in excitement. For years I have loved this woman from afar. I will begin courting her immediately!

Now that that is out of the way, let's speak to the other residents in town.

uviib00335.png

u7MaleAvatar.png
Who are you?

u7Komor.png
My name is Komor.

u7MaleAvatar.png
What do you do?

u7Komor.png
I am a dancer, Avatar. He cannot keep a straight face and almost falls off his crutches.

u7Fenn.png
Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! 'Tis a ripe one, Komor!

u7MaleAvatar.png
Have you always been a beggar?

u7Komor.png
I was not always a beggar. Like Fenn and Merrick, I used to be a farmer, too. But times got worse, and times are always bad in Paws.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Who is Fenn?

u7Komor.png
Fenn and me are chums and will be to the day we die. We share in each other's vast expanses of wealth.

u7Fenn.png
Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! With thy wit thou shouldst be on stage!

u7MaleAvatar.png
You are chums?

u7Komor.png
Fenn and me have been friends since we were little tiny babes. I would bet thee that thou didst not think we would end up like this. Eh, Fenn?

u7Fenn.png
Not in me wildest dreams, Komor.

u7MaleAvatar.png
What wealth?

u7Komor.png
Yea verily, Fenn and I share all that we own. Which, in its totality, is the clothes on our backs and the snot in our throats!

u7MaleAvatar.png
By the way, who is Merrick?

u7Komor.png
A royal rotten egg, he is. Merrick turned his back on us and now spends each night in a warm, cozy bed. Which is more than either one of us have had for some time.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Where does he sleep?

u7Komor.png
Merrick sleeps in the shelter run by The Fellowship. They feed him,\ too. He had to join before they would help him.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Where is this shelter?

u7Komor.png
The shelter? 'Tis the large building filled with fawning hypocrites. Thou shouldst have little trouble finding it!

u7MaleAvatar.png
Why didn't you two join?

u7Komor.png
We could have joined, but they are a foul lot. Anybody acting so bloody nice must be up to no good. There are some compromises we will not make, even to survive.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Do you want some money?

u7Komor.png
Wilt thou give me a bit of money?

u7MaleAvatar.png
Yes.

u7Komor.png
How much?

u7MaleAvatar.png
5 gold.

u7Komor.png
Thank thee, Avatar.

uviib00338.png

I notice Morfin has hidden a key under a bucket of blood in his slaughterhouse. This will come in handy later.

Let's make our way to this 'shelter'?

uviib00340.png

uviib00342.png

u7Feridwyn.png
I had gotten word that thou wert coming to our town. I have been expecting thee. I must admit, though, that I find it difficult to believe that thou art truly the Avatar.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Who are you?

u7Feridwyn.png
My name is Feridwyn.

u7MaleAvatar.png
What do you do?

u7Feridwyn.png
I run the Fellowship shelter with my wife Brita and my son Garritt here in Paws.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Tell me about the shelter.

u7Feridwyn.png
This is the only place in all of Britannia designed for the aid and care of the poor. It is hard work, but then one strives to be worthy of that which we wish to receive.

u7MaleAvatar.png
How is Brita?

u7Feridwyn.png
A wonderful woman. Thou shouldst meet her.

u7Brita.png
Mine husband is such a flatterer. The truth is that our work for The Fellowship has brought us closer together.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Tell me of Garritt?

u7Feridwyn.png
Thankfully, we have been able to raise our son properly by emphasizing the teachings of The Fellowship. Garritt shall not be trapped in the poverty of his surroundings. He shall be intellectually, spiritually, and morally superior. He's talented, too!

u7MaleAvatar.png
He is talented?

u7Feridwyn.png
He plays the whistle panpipes extremely well for a lad his age! Brita and I are very proud. He could probably attend The Music Hall in Britain when he is older!

u7MaleAvatar.png
Tell me about Paws.

u7Feridwyn.png
As this is a small town with few privileges and little privacy, our family has come to know everyone in Paws quite well. Is there someone thou dost wish to hear about? I am well acquainted with these people.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Who are the merchants?

u7Feridwyn.png
They would be Morfin, Andrew, Thurston, and Beverlea.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Tell me about Morfin.

u7Feridwyn.png
Morfin is a clever and industrious member of The Fellowship. He runs the local slaughterhouse and is also a snake venom merchant.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Tell me about Andrew.

u7Feridwyn.png
Andrew is such a happy young man. He doth not notice the myriad of personal problems that he is afflicted with.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Tell me about Beverlea.

u7Feridwyn.png
She is a nearly blind elderly woman who runs the antique shoppe on the east side of the river.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Tell me about Thurston.

u7Feridwyn.png
Thurston owns the mill. He could do better if he ran his business with more of an eye toward profit.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Who are the farmers?

u7Feridwyn.png
That would be Camille and her son Tobias.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Tell me about Camille.

u7Feridwyn.png
She's a sad woman -- a widow -- who is living in the past. 'Tis a pity, really. Fortunately her husband left her the farm which does happen to turn a profit.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Tell me about Tobias.

u7Feridwyn.png
A local rascal. I normally would not allow Garritt to associate with such a troublemaker, but The Fellowship has taught me to be a tolerant parent. Besides, associating with my son might do the lad some good. Who knows?

u7MaleAvatar.png
Who are the beggars?

u7Feridwyn.png
Oh. Them. Komor and Fenn. Feridwyn rolls his eyes.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Tell me about Fenn.

u7Feridwyn.png
Fenn is a beggar who refuses all aid from The Fellowship. A pathetic case. Not even his former friend Merrick can reach him any more.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Tell me about Komor.

u7Feridwyn.png
Komor is the most hateful man I have ever met. He is a bundle of bitterness. In all the time I have known him, Komor has never spoken a word to me that was not at best a thinly veiled insult.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Who are the shelter residents?

u7Feridwyn.png
Our residents include Alina and her child, and Merrick.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Tell me about Alina.

u7Feridwyn.png
Her husband is currently in Britain somewhere. I do not know the details. She has a small child.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Tell me about Merrick.

u7Feridwyn.png
A splendid example of The Fellowship turning someone's life around. Presently he resides in our shelter.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Bye.

u7Feridwyn.png
Mayest thou walk with the Fellowship.

uviib00344.png

u7MaleAvatar.png
Who are you?

u7Alina.png
I am Alina.

u7MaleAvatar.png
What do you do?

u7Alina.png
I have none, Avatar, save for being the mother of my child. I am waiting for mine husband, Weston, to return from Britain.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Why has he not returned?

u7Alina.png
Mine husband is imprisoned in Britain for stealing fruit from the Royal Orchards.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Did he do it?

u7Alina.png
Mine husband is no thief, Avatar. He went there to buy fruit for the child and me so that we would have enough to eat. He has been wrongfully accused, I am certain of it!

u7MaleAvatar.png
You are starving?

u7Alina.png
We are very poor. My baby and I are presently living in the Fellowship shelter because we have nowhere else to go.

u7MaleAvatar.png
What is wrong with the shelter?

u7Alina.png
We are fortunate that we are able to live by The Fellowship's good graces, but I do not know how long we will be allowed to stay.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Why not?

u7Alina.png
They tell me the shelter is only for members of The Fellowship. Unless I join soon, I shall be asked to leave. And I have nowhere else to go.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Why don't you join them?

u7Alina.png
I cannot join The Fellowship without feeling that I am betraying mine husband. How could I become one of those who have falsely accused him? Yet, if I do not, they will not allow my child and me to live here.She sobs and covers her face with her hands. It is so unfair. I must choose between starvation and betrayal. If only Weston were here. I do not know what to do!

u7MaleAvatar.png
They accused your husband?!

u7Alina.png
They say if I join they will attempt to free mine husband. But it was they who unjustly accused him. I cannot trust them, but I fear I may have no choice.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Goodbye. I will see what I can do.

uviib00345.png

u7MaleAvatar.png
I am the Avatar.

u7Merrick.png
Thou art a most pathetic little worm. Really, all this Avatar nonsense is nothing more than a sad plea for attention.

:rage:

Fuck these Fellowship bastards, seriously!

u7MaleAvatar.png
I demand an apology!

u7Merrick.png
I do most humbly apologize to thee, Avatar. As I am certain thou art aware, there have been many who have claimed to be the one and only true Avatar ever since thou hast last visited us.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Good; now, who are you?

u7Merrick.png
I am Merrick.

u7MaleAvatar.png
What do you do?

u7Merrick.png
I used to be a farmer here in Paws. Now I suppose I work for the Fellowship. I live in their shelter.

u7MaleAvatar.png
What happened?

u7Merrick.png
I was a farmer; of course, that was before the seven year drought. Komor, Fenn and myself were reduced to paupers.

u7MaleAvatar.png
You were a pauper?

u7Merrick.png
For years Komor, Fenn and I lived off of the rubbish of others, sleeping by the side of the road. Then I found The Fellowship and my life was changed for the better. I have tried to share my newfound fortune with my friends but I fear they hate me for being more resourceful than they.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Do you know anything about the thief?

u7Merrick.png
I have heard that some of Morfin's venom hath been stolen.

uviib00346.png

u7MaleAvatar.png
What brat?

u7Merrick.png
I believe his name is Tobias.

I head north.

uviib00347.png

u7MaleAvatar.png
Who are you?

u7Garritt.png
I am Garritt, the son of Feridwyn and Brita.

u7MaleAvatar.png
What does your father do?

u7Garritt.png
My father works for The Fellowship helping the poor people in Paws. He tries to recruit them, but most refuse.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Why do they refuse?

u7Garritt.png
My father says that the poor people reject The Fellowship because the Triad of Inner Strength requires strength of character.

u7MaleAvatar.png
They do not have enough character?

u7Garritt.png
My father says the poor are weak of character and that is why they are poor. They do not have to be. They are just too lazy to work. Dost thou agree?

u7MaleAvatar.png
No.

u7Garritt.png
Then thou must be a person of weak character, also.

:rage:
Why does every Fellowship member insult me?!

u7MaleAvatar.png
What do you do?

u7Garritt.png
I am too young to learn a trade of mine own yet, but I do assist my parents in running the shelter. I hope to be a counselor in The Fellowship one day. Or a professional whistle panpipes player.

u7MaleAvatar.png
You play the panpipes?

u7Garritt.png
I have been playing panpipes since I was little. I'm pretty good now, if I say so myself! I keep the whistle by my bed and practice every night before going to sleep!

u7MaleAvatar.png
What do you think of Paws?

u7Garritt.png
Actually, I do not like this town very much. The people here are all poor and the only one mine own age is Tobias. And, there is a thief here.

u7MaleAvatar.png
There is a thief?

u7Garritt.png
There is a thief in this town! Our merchant Morfin had some valuable silver serpent venom stolen from him. The culprit is still free. So be wary!

u7MaleAvatar.png
Bye.

u7Garritt.png
Good bye, then!

I now come across the only farm left in Paws.

uviib00348.png

u7Camille.png
My dreams have become reality. Thou art the Avatar, art thou not? I recognized thee, immediately!

It is nice to finally get some adulation around here!

u7MaleAvatar.png
What is your name?

u7Camille.png
My name is Camille, Avatar. It is an honor to meet thee.

u7MaleAvatar.png
What do you do?

u7Camille.png
I run a small farm here in Paws with my son, Tobias. I am a widow.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Tell me about Tobias.

u7Camille.png
He is basically a good boy. He works hard and misses his father.

u7MaleAvatar.png
What do you grow?

u7Camille.png
I grow a few crops. Especially carrots and wheat.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Tell me about Paws.

u7Camille.png
Life is hard here in Paws. It is a town of poor people with all the ills that poverty brings. At least The Fellowship brings us some relief.

u7MaleAvatar.png
What do you think of the Fellowship?

u7Camille.png
I am not sure whether I trust The Fellowship. It has undoubtedly done some good things in this world so it cannot be all bad. Or, at least, the people in it cannot be all bad.

Now, let's speak to the boy.

uviib00349.png

u7Tobias.png
Just what I need. Another Avatar, he mumbles under his breath.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Who are you?

u7Tobias.png
I am Tobias. I suppose I am to believe thou art someone important.

u7MaleAvatar.png
What do you do?

u7Tobias.png
I am too young to have a job. I just help my mother on the farm.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Tell me of your mother.

u7Tobias.png
Her name is Camille. She speaks of thee. Or rather she speaks of the Avatar, is what I meant to say. Some people in town think she is mad because she still believes in the Eight Virtues.

u7MaleAvatar.png
She believes in the Eight Virtues?

u7Tobias.png
My mother once took me to the Shrine of Sacrifice when I was younger. That was soon after my father died so I do not remember it very well. I do not think it is there anymore, for she never talks about going back.I think that perhaps she does not want to mention it because there are so many in town who belong to The Fellowship. And because it makes her sad.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Do you know of the Avatar?

u7Tobias.png
Art thou truly the Avatar?

u7MaleAvatar.png
Yes.

u7Tobias.png
*frowns* Thou art no Avatar!

u7MaleAvatar.png
What do you think of the Fellowship?

u7Tobias.png
I hate The Fellowship! The only other person in town mine own age is
that cretin Garritt, and it is all he ever talks about! He is always trying to convince my mother to join. *clenches fists* Please do not mention them again.

u7MaleAvatar.png
They want your mother to join?

u7Tobias.png
Those bloody Fellowship people know that everyone is never more than a meal away from being penniless. They say that they want us to join immediately because the shelter is intended to help only Fellowship members. If we ever need to live there they may have to turn us away in favor of other Fellowship members.

Alright, before I head into Britain, I head back to the Salty Dog to rest.
On my way there, I am stopped by Feridwyn.

uviib00350.png

u7Feridwyn.png
Garritt, my son, told me that Tobias was in possession of some silver snake venom. I went to investigate and found Tobias with it!

u7Brita.png
That is correct! I am a witness that what Feridwyn has said is the truth!

u7Feridwyn.png
I have often said that Tobias was no good. Now here is proof. He is the thief that has been praying upon one of our honest merchants! And to think I let him come into contact with my son! I hope he shall be dealt with in a manner appropriate to one who is leading youth astray from the way of The Fellowship. I suggest that thou go and speak with his mother at once! Camille should keep a tighter rein on her offspring!

I head back to the farm to investigate.

uviib00352.png

u7Camille.png
I truly believe it was planted there! Please -- I beg thee! Please clear my son's name. He has done no wrong! I know my son Tobias has suffered for not having a father. I have tried my best on mine own to raise him well, but this farm requires so much work that I fear I do not have enough time to devote to him. But I know in mine heart that my son is not a thief. Might I suggest that thou speak with Morfin again. He may have recognized signs of usage of this foul substance in other members of the village.

I do just that, but first I speak to Tobias again.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Were you falsely accused?

u7Tobias.png
That is right! Garritt did it. I just know it. He was in my room the other day when I came in from the fields. He said he was looking for a ball, but I do not believe him. Thou canst believe me or not, I do not care. But if thou art truly the Avatar, thou wilt know I am telling the truth.

Now I head to Morfin.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Do you think Tobias is the culprit?

u7Morfin.png
I am not so sure Tobias was the one who stole the venom. I have not seen any of the signs of venom use in Tobias and I am quite familiar with its symptoms. But, now that I think about it, I have noticed that Garritt has appeared very tired lately. He seems hyperactive one moment and unhealthy the next.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Does Garritt appear to have been using Serpent Venom?

u7Morfin.png
Perhaps thou shouldst make a search of Garritt's belongings!

uviib00353.png

u7Morfin.png
Here it is!

I take the key and head back to the shelter.

uviib00354.png

I know this is Garritt's chest because a panpipe is next to it. I unlock the chest with the key Morfin gave me.

uviib00356.png

I find a vial of serpent venom inside the chest. Then I go tell on him.

uviib00358.png

I then go see what Garritt has to say for himself.

u7MaleAvatar.png
I found the venom in your chest.

u7Garritt.png
Thou hast found me out! Yes, it was I who planted the venom on Tobias. He did deserve it! I beg thee, please do not tell my parents!

u7MaleAvatar.png
You planted the venom in Tobias' room?

u7Garritt.png
I stole the venom from Morfin so I could put the blame on Tobias.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Why did you take the venom?

u7Garritt.png
I do not know why Morfin has it or what he does with it. I only knew that it was valuable and that it would cause everyone worry if it were stolen. Garritt does not meet your eyes. You instinctively know he is not telling the truth and may very well be using the venom.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Are you using the venom?

u7Garritt.png
Garritt shuffles his feet and frowns. Well... I tried it just once. I am sorry. I will never use it again.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Why did you want everyone to worry?

u7Garritt.png
I thought that if Tobias were accused of stealing something that everyone would notice, his mother would join The Fellowship and force him to join, too. It would improve their lives and force them to see the truth about themselves.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Do your parents know?

u7Garritt.png
Wilt thou tell my parents?

u7MaleAvatar.png
Yes.

u7Garritt.png
Thou art weak of character! Or otherwise thou wouldst understand what I tried to do!

Now that I have cleared Tobias I deliver the good news to Camille.

uviib00359.png

u7Camille.png
I want to thank thee for finding the thief in our town and clearing my son's name. It does mine heart good to see that the Avatar has returned to us once again and that thou dost care enough about the people of Britannia to help solve our local troubles here in Paws. Again Avatar, I thank thee.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Bye.

u7Camille.png
Pleasant journeys, Avatar!

I now tell Tobias.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Tobias, I found Serpent Venom in Garritt's chest. It looks like you have been cleared.

u7Tobias.png
Thank thee, Avatar, for not believing I was the guilty one. I am not sure if thou art truly the real Avatar but thou dost certainly have the way of the Avatar about thee.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Goodbye.

u7Tobias.png
Goodbye, Avatar. Good luck to thee.

It is amazing what a difference I can make in a day.

uviib00360.png

Hooray for me! I will enter Britain next time.

Elzair

Cipher
I know it has been a week since my last update. I will try to have one up today at some point. Meanwhile, could you guys bump this? Furthermore, what do you guys think about the dialogue? Am I posting too much, too little or just enough?

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Ultima 7 is extremely text-heavy, lots of dialog is unavoidable. Must confess I'm not reading it all, but it'll probably be more interesting for someone who hasn't played the game a zillion times.

Just do what you feel like. The Ultima LP has been excellent so far.

Silellak

Cipher
uviib00303.png

Oh poor, naive Iolo. If only you knew what direction the Ultima series (and the game industry in general) was heading...

Looks like the Paws subquest in the PC version is almost as good as the SNES version:

U7_SNES_3_44.JPG

U7_SNES_3_73.JPG

I mean, I got a healing bracelet! What the fuck did you get? The praise of some stupid peasant whore? Nice work, hero.

I love how the SNES and PC versions of Paws have absolutely nothing in common. I'm not even sure why Paws exists in the SNES version, to be honest.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
:thumbsup: on the LP.

I too have played this game a lot, so I don't read through all the dialogue, but I can't speak for everybody. It sure doesn't bother me. I'd say, do what you like best.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Hrm, maybe it's just me, But I really feel like taking the musket and shooting anyone that insulted you in-game.

I know I did that for all Fellowship gatherings. Everyone gathered nightly and I butchered them, town to town.

Elzair

Cipher
Yeah, I know I have been kind of slow updating it. It is just that, when I feel in the Ultima mood, I want to play the game. I have actually followed Elizabeth & Abraham all the way to Vesper, joined the Fellowship, recruited all the good party members except Tseremad, and finished 2 of the three tests on the Isle of Fire.

Silellak

Cipher
Elzair said:
Yeah, I know I have been kind of slow updating it. It is just that, when I feel in the Ultima mood, I want to play the game. I have actually followed Elizabeth & Abraham all the way to Vesper, joined the Fellowship, recruited all the good party members except Tseremad, and finished 2 of the three tests on the Isle of Fire.
The Avatar joins the Fellowship?!? Dude, spoilers.

Must be a strange experience to LP games you actually enjoy. I should give it a try sometime.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Silellak said:
Must be a strange experience to LP games you actually enjoy. I should give it a try sometime.
I thought you'd already done that with Ultima 7.

trollface1.jpg

Hey you haven't forgotten about this one I hope?

Keep it up, this may be the only hope for those of the newer generations in being exposed to such worldbuilding craftsmanship :salute:

And if you are not playing it all in advance maybe open it up a bit for suggestions and input from those watching the thread, will make it more interesting

Otherwise, don't worry, just keep up with it

Tribun

Novice
This is not directly related to the let's play, but Ultima-related and important.

The Codex of Editable Wisdom is moving.

In recent weeks, Wikia became more and more disgusting in their policy of getting more and more dictatorship-like. The final straw for many was a new forced skin that pratically turns it into Facebook-lite and makes working with it next to impossible.

Many wikias are taking their leave (like Wow and Halo) and the Codex has decided to call it quits as well, and re-locate under the wing of Aiera.

Out new home is at : http://codex.ultimaaiera.com/wiki/Main_Page. Please spread the news, now that we have complete control over our contant.

Using the oppotunity, we are also re-naming ourselves into "The Codex of Ultima Wisdom" (note the pun).

Codexprime.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom