Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play Ultima: From Akalabeth to Ascension! (Now on VII)

Elzair

Cipher
Alright, I will try to do another update this evening. Has it been 14 days? My, the time flies!

Elzair

Cipher
Ultima VII Part 8: Now, Show Me Your Honor

Ultima VII: The Black Gate

Part 8: Now, Show Me Your Honor

Alright, now that we have done everything in Minoc, let's get back on the trail of Elizabeth & Abraham!

You know, it's funny that they always seem to be in the area when a murder happens. I wonder if that is related?
facepalm.gif

Elynor said they were heading to the Fellowship shelter in Paws, so I head there.

uviic00099.png

u7MaleAvatar.png
Have you seen Elizabeth and Abraham recently

u7Feridwyn.png
I am so sorry! Thou hast just missed them! Elizabeth and Abraham were here delivering funds, but they have gone now to Jhelom. There is currently no Fellowship branch there, so they are taking the Triad of Inner Strength to lands west!

Damn! Just missed them! Alright, let's head for Jhelom. Why don't we try the Orb of the Moons?

uviic00101.png

Well, shit! I cast Help and use the Moongates.

uviic00102.png

Eventually, I arrive at my destination.

uviic00103.png

u7Ophelia.png
I bid thee welcome once again, Avatar.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Hellooooo Nurse!

u7Ophelia.png
My name is Ophelia, Avatar.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Call me Elzair. In fact, call me anytime. So what's a pretty face like yours doing in a dump like this?

u7Ophelia.png
I am a barmaid. I do most of the work at The Bunk and Stool here in Jhelom.

u7MaleAvatar.png
'Ya gettin' off work soon?

u7Ophelia.png
Ever since Sprellic, the owner, was challenged to those duels by the three students at the Library of Scars, he has been busy preparing himself. I have been running the place all by myself... although Daphne has been helping me, I suppose.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Who is Sprellic?

u7Ophelia.png
No one knows old Sprellic better than myself. Although he does not look it, he may well be the deadliest fighting master in all of Britannia.

u7MaleAvatar.png
So, he's a fighting master, eh?

u7Ophelia.png
After he defeats the fighters of the Library of Scars, he may open his own school teaching his own unique style of fighting.

u7MaleAvatar.png
He has plans for a school, too?!

opehlia It will be a great fighting school. Already, fighting men and women are coming to Jhelom to become Sprellic's students. They all long to know the secret that I can tell thee right now.

u7MaleAvatar.png
What is his secret.

u7Ophelia.png
*whispers* Sprellic is really the Avatar returned to us after all these years.

u7MaleAvatar.png
. . . Okay. Bye now.

u7Ophelia.png
Do come and visit us again, Avatar.

It seems there are lots of Avatars running around these days.

uviic00104.png

u7MaleAvatar.png
Bitch, who gives a fuck about you?! Is there anyone else of interest here?

uviic00105.png

u7MaleAvatar.png
Is that you, Dupre?

u7Dupre.png
Why, dost thou not recognize me? It is I, Lord British! *laughs* Dost thou not know thy friend Dupre when thou seest him, Avatar?

u7MaleAvatar.png
What are you doing here?

u7Dupre.png
I have not seen our old friends in some time. Currently I am conducting a study of all of the various drinking establishments of Britannia. At present I am about halfway through. But it is nothing that could keep me from adventuring with thee, Avatar.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Why are you in Jhelom?

u7Dupre.png
It is something like the old times of Britannia, during the days of thy last visit, only more bloodthirsty. The local sport in Jhelom is duelling

u7MaleAvatar.png
Are there any good duels happening?

u7Dupre.png
Right now the town is buzzing about three local fighters, all of whom have challenged another man to a duel. The challenged one's name is Sprellic.

u7MaleAvatar.png
I think I heard about that. Tell me about Sprellic.

u7Dupre.png
I doubt he has ever held a sword in his life. When I bet I usually bet on the underdog, but not even I am so foolhardy with my money as to bet on him. The man is no fighter, he is the innkeeper! I do not know why he would provoke someone into a duel. It is a puzzlement

u7MaleAvatar.png
Wanna join up?

u7Dupre.png
It would be both an honor and a pleasure to join thee on thine adventures once again.

And then there were seven. Let's go see this inkeeper.

uviic00106.png

u7MaleAvatar.png
Who are you?

u7Sprellic.png
My name is Sprellic.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Why have you challenged the Library of Scars to a duel?

u7Sprellic.png
My tale is a strange one. It may disturb and puzzle thee. Art thou certain thou wouldst like to hear it?

u7MaleAvatar.png
Yes.

u7Sprellic.png
It all started the previous evening. I had given Ophelia and Daphne the evening off. A stranger had come to mine inn... A very odd stranger.

u7Sprellic.png
He... he claimed he was the -Avatar-! ...And I believed him, which shows thee how gullible I am!

u7MaleAvatar.png
Tell me of this stranger.

u7Sprellic.png
His eccentricity seemed to be surpassed only by his wealth. He booked both rooms in the inn so that he could try each bed and decide for himself which one was the most comfortable. As for food, he was voracious.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Tell me more of his eccentricities.

u7Sprellic.png
I fear that this stranger was not who he claimed to be at all. I was a victim of a great and terrible deception that was perpetrated upon me.

u7MaleAvatar.png
How much food did he eat?

u7Sprellic.png
This stranger ordered one of every kind of food and drink on the menu. So if he ever wanted anything, it would be right there to eat. I was cooking for hours. But then it got worse. He went to bed.

u7MaleAvatar.png
What happened when he went to bed?

u7Sprellic.png
After he went to bed, he complained that he was too cold. I brought him more and more blankets, but it was not enough. Finally, he had every blanket in the inn. And he was still cold!

u7MaleAvatar.png
He was cold after that?!

u7Sprellic.png
In desperation I ran down the street. It was the middle of the night. All of the shops were closed. The only thing I could find was some sort of old tapestry hanging on a wall. So I took it down.

u7MaleAvatar.png
What happened after that?

u7Sprellic.png
The next thing I remember there was an angry woman chasing after me. For some reason she wanted to kill me! I managed to get away from her and get back to the inn and cover the stranger with the tapestry. Finally he fell asleep.

u7MaleAvatar.png
That's a lot of hassle just to fall asleep!

u7Sprellic.png
I also fell asleep, only I slept late. When I awoke the guest was gone. He had not paid his bill and had taken all the blankets, even the tapestry. Before I could go look for him I had a visitor.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Wow!

u7Sprellic.png
As I have said, I was rooked by a professional. A Master Criminal, no doubt -- and one who is still at large!

u7MaleAvatar.png
Who was the visitor?

u7Sprellic.png
It was the woman who had chased me the night before. Her name was Syria. She said I had stolen the honor flag from the wall of the Library of Scars. She also challenged me to a duel to the death unless I gave it back. And she is much bigger than I! When I tried to explain that I could not give it back, she hit me. It hurt. A lot!

u7MaleAvatar.png
This 'hit' was the challenge, right?

u7Sprellic.png
I will say this of the Lady Syria. She is quite beautiful when she is angry... At least, the visions of her that swam through mine head after she had hit me were quite beautiful. Tragically, I awoke.

u7MaleAvatar.png
So, she challenged you to a duel. What about the other two?

u7Sprellic.png
Later that day I ran into a man named Vokes. He is a fighter at the Library of Scars. He asked me to return the honor flag and when I tried to tell him I could not, he hit me. Then he challenged me to a duel to the death to be fought right after my duel with Syria.

u7Sprellic.png
After Vokes left, I encountered a man named Timmons. He asked me to return the honor flag to the Library of Scars. I told him I could not and he also challenged me to a duel to the death. I told him I was busy, but he scheduled the challenge for right after my duel with Vokes.

u7Sprellic.png
Timmons, Vokes and Syria are the three toughest fighters in Jhelom. I could not hope to survive against one of them, let alone all three. The mysterious guest and the honor flag are nowhere to be found. Even now my barmaids are taking bets on the manner of my demise!

u7MaleAvatar.png
Unbelievable!

u7Sprellic.png
Mine only hope for survival is to find a champion who could stand up to the fiercest fighters in Jhelom.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Who will be your champion?

uviic00107.png

u7MaleAvatar.png
*sigh* Sure.

u7Sprellic.png
Avatar, thou hast saved my life! I cannot thank thee enough!

So, while we could just fight the duels, let's see if there is another way to resolve this.

uviic00108.png

u7MaleAvatar.png
Who are you?

u7Kliften.png
I am Kliftin.

u7MaleAvatar.png
What do you do?

u7Kliften.png
In my day I was a pretty damned good soldier. Now I am the master of the Armoury here in Jhelom.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Have you heard about Sprellic?

u7Kliften.png
Sprellic, our rather mild-mannered innkeeper, stole the honor flag from the wall of the Library of Scars and refused to return it. Now he must fight three of our best local fighters in a duel to the death.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Sprellic took it down in the middle of the night as a blanket for a false Avatar who disappeared with it.

u7Kliften.png
It sounds to me like the work of Sullivan, the Trickster. He is a legendary thief and swindler who has never once been caught! Indeed, few even believe he actually exists. Thou shalt not be able to dissuade the duellists with a tale like that.

u7MaleAvatar.png
What would?

u7Kliften.png
The only thing that can dissuade them from wanting to kill poor Sprellic is to return the honor flag! It must have been taken away by Sullivan, but the duellists do not know that! If we had a duplicate of the honor flag we could give them that instead!

u7MaleAvatar.png
Where can we find a duplicate?

u7Kliften.png
In my day I was fairly handy at stitching wounds... Hmmm, perhaps I can make a duplicate of the honor flag. The deception only has to work long enough for them to formally call off the duel.

uviic00109.png

u7MaleAvatar.png
Yes.

u7Kliften.png
Then thou must be sure to come pick it up from me before thou dost go to the Duelling Area. It is the area outside my shop next to the Library of Scars. I had best get busy if I am to have it finished in time! Please return to my shop in a few hours.

Before we fight or chicken out like a pussy, let's pay a visit to the Library of Scars to size-up the competition.

uviic00113.png

He doesn't look too tough.

uviic00114.png

u7MaleAvatar.png
She looks more likely to suck my cock than kick my ass. Is there anyone good around here?

uviic00115.png

u7DeSnel.png
What dost thou need?

u7MaleAvatar.png
Who are you?

u7DeSnel.png
I am called Master De Snel.

u7MaleAvatar.png
What do you do?

u7DeSnel.png
I operate the famous fighting school here in Jhelom, the Library of Scars. I also train fighters personally from time to time, if they show potential.

u7MaleAvatar.png
What potential do you lood for?

u7DeSnel.png
I teach a fighting style of mine own invention. It enables one to gain complete mastery over his opponent. I could arrange a little demonstration for thee...

u7MaleAvatar.png
Tell me about the Library of Scars.

u7DeSnel.png
An elite school of fighters with a long, proud history. Many great fighters have trained within its walls. The group even has its own special weaponry.

u7MaleAvatar.png
What kind of weaponry?

uviic00116.png

u7DeSnel.png
Thou mayest recognize a weapon of the Library of Scars by its engraving. It is the sign of the snake. Striking quick, silent, deadly, as are we!

u7MaleAvatar.png
What about this dagger?

uviic00117.png

uviic00118.png

u7DeSnel.png
From where didst thou get that dagger?

uviic00119.png

u7DeSnel.png
That dagger was stolen from the Library of Scars weeks ago. I have no further knowledge of it. By the way, hast thou had a demonstration of my training technique?

u7MaleAvatar.png
No.

u7DeSnel.png
Then perhaps thou shouldst try one.

uviic00120.png

It look like this guy may have some knowledge of the murders . . .

uviic00121.png

. . . too bad he's dead!

uviic00122.png

I just found this magic gorget in a dresser. While we're waiting for Klifkin to finish the fake honor flag, let's go pound some brewskies!

uviic00123.png

u7Joseph.png
How may I assist thee?

u7MaleAvatar.png
Who are you?

u7Joseph.png
My name is Joseph.

u7MaleAvatar.png
What do you do?

u7Joseph.png
Presently, I am the mayor of Jhelom.

u7MaleAvatar.png
You are the mayor?!

u7Joseph.png
I may seem a bit young for the job, but in a town such as this I am called upon to help keep order as often as administrate. I use my sword and pen in equal measure.

u7MaleAvatar.png
What do you know about the Fellowship?

u7Joseph.png
That is what many of the duels are fought over! Some say The Fellowship is a load of rot, some say it is the only truth. Others say it is foolishness. Of course, as Mayor I remain neutral on such matters.

u7Joseph.png
Elizabeth and Abraham? *scratches head* Oh, yes! They were the Fellowship members who were just here! They were trying to start a branch in Jhelom.

uviic00124.png

:rage:

Anyway, let's get this Honor Flag business sorted out.

First, I will show the coward's way out.

uviic00125.png

I return to Klifkin and pick up the false flag.

uviic00126.png

u7MaleAvatar.png
I have a false flag.

uviic00127.png

u7Sprellic.png
How ingenious! Please! Deliver it to Syria as soon as thou art able! And I thank thee for thy trouble in helping me!

I do just that.

uviic00128.png

uviic00129.png

u7Syria.png
This matter is now settled. But tell that worm Sprellic from me that he had better keep his hands off of other people's property in the future.

Now, I will reload and show you the man's way out.

uviic00131.png

uviic00130.png

uviic00132.png

uviic00133.png

uviic00134.png

uviic00135.png

uviic00136.png

This is what happens if I leave De Snel alive and return after I have killed his warriors.

u7DeSnel.png
I have heard that thou didst kill several of our members while champion of a duel defending the thief of our honor flag.

uviic00137.png

uviic00138.png

No matter how the situation is resolved, Sprellic is grateful.

uviic00139.png

uviic00140.png

u7Sprellic.png
How can I ever thank thee? Thou art the most noble person I have
ever met! I shalt be forever in thy debt! I thank thee!

Awesome!

uviic00141.png

Before we return to the mainland, let's explore this cave.

uviic00143.png

uviic00144.png

uviic00145.png

uviic00146.png

uviic00142.png

Crap!

Oh well! Better luck next time!

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Poor d'Artagnan Sprellic. :roll:

Elzair said:
No matter how the situation is resolved, Sprellic is grateful.
So many C&C in this update!

Also, one of Ophelia's dialogue avatars is missing, the one labeled "opehlia" (sic), before the words "It will be a great fighting school".

Good man, Elzair.

I can see that this update was rushed, though I can imagine the work it takes to put them together. :salute:

Anyway, brilliant game. Not sure how anyone could read this LP and not want to play it.

Silellak

Cipher
uviic00127.png

Thou hast lost an eighth! :decline:

uviic00137.png

That's more like it. :incline:

uviic00142.png

Admit it, you were just lazy and didn't want to walk all the way back to Britain.

Hmmm, I never even went to Jhelom in the SNES version of the game. I wonder if the "flag" plot even exists?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
You forgot an exploit. If you take the challenge head - on , you could bet on Sprellic....technically betting on YOURSELF!

FREE BEERS TO THE VICTORS!

You mean the angle of the isometric view is what you can't get use to?

I never understood that. As long as you can understand what is going on in the game, and the game isn't going to arbitrarily change the angle throughout the game, how is it problem enough to prevent you from playing it?

You're right it is silly.

gromit

Arcane
It's not isometric; it's an axonometric military projection, then rotated 45 degrees counterclockwise. If that sounds god damned goofy, that's because it is, and it looks it, too. I sympathize with those people who can't play the Descent games - even in stills, U7 makes me (and all the NPCs) want to fall over.

The tragedy is that, in making and posting that shot, I only remind myself how pretty some of the design and pixel-work is.

Elzair

Cipher
Ultima VII Part 9: Sure I'll Join Your Cult

Ultima VII: The Black Gate

Part 9: Sure I'll Join Your Cult

Before we get started, let's explore Jhelom some more.

uviid0003.png

I find a ring of invisibility in a bag. Alright, I am done exploring. I then head back to Batlin to see if he knows where Elizabeth and Abraham are.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Are Elizabeth and Abraham around?

uviid0004.png

uviid0005.png

:rage:

Anyway, I tell him I delivered his package to Elynor.

u7Batlin.png
Congratulations, Avatar, and our thanks to thee for successfully delivering our package to Elynor of Minoc. Now we have another task at hound before thou canst join the Fellowship. Because thou didst deliver the package, thou hast proven thyself worthy of performing another mission.

u7MaleAvatar.png
What mission?

u7Batlin.png
Thou shalt visit the dungeon of Destard, which is in the mountains just west of Trinsic. Do not worry, it is completely deserted. There thou shalt find a chest of Fellowship funds which was hidden for safekeeping just a few days ago.

u7MaleAvatar.png
That seem odd.

u7Batlin.png
Thou wilt know the chest because it will contain not only gold but two Fellowship medallions. The site is also most likely marked with a Fellowship staff. Bring these funds back to us without losing a single coin and thou wilt have successfully completed thy mission. No need to bring the chest, just the gold. Now, thou must be on thy way!

uviid0006.png

First, I sell off all my spare serpent venom for some major bank!

uviid0008.png

Is this the cave?

uviid0009.png

Well, it is certainly not deserted!

uviid0011.png

Eeek! Phase spiders!

uviid0012.png

uviid0013.png

uviid0014.png

This room contains an ass-whupping. I'm not sure if it is even winnable in my current state.

uviid0015.png

I hightail it out of there and catch some Z's.

uviid0016.png

When in need, call for help!

uviid0017.png

You can even pet dogs in this game.

uviie0001.png

Let's try this cave now.

uviie0002.png

u7MaleAvatar.png
Who are you?

u7Lasher.png
My name is Lasher.

u7MaleAvatar.png
What do you do?

u7Lasher.png
Come now, Avatar! I do not live by the rules that govern the society of Mankind. There is what I am, which is a unicorn. Then there is my purpose, which is another thing altogether.

u7MaleAvatar.png
So, you're a unicorn, eh?

u7Lasher.png
Tell me, dost thou know what a unicorn is?

u7Lasher.png
No, thou merely thinks thou dost know what a unicorn is, but I shall tell thee the truth. A unicorn is one of a family of nature spirits that were once called upon to aid a very powerful wizard many, many years ago.

u7MaleAvatar.png
What wizard?

u7Lasher.png
I do not remember the wizard's name, for much time has passed since then, but suffice it to say that he was a royal bastard. Anyway, for one reason or another, the chieftain of our clan, who at that time was a horse's ass named Sharp-Hoof, decided that rather than heed this wizard's rightful and properly performed ritual of calling, he was going to take the herd and chase after this bevy of really fine fillies.

u7MaleAvatar.png
His name was Sharp-Hoof?!

u7Lasher.png
Where was I? Oh, yes, Sharp-Hoof! The next morning, after we had had our way with these fillies, this wizard called us again. This time Sharp-Hoof realized that we had best answer, and were we sorry that we did! The wizard was horribly angry! And, well, I will just say that our agreements with such people are very, very binding.

u7MaleAvatar.png
How binding?

u7Lasher.png
Not only were we bound in service to this wizard for a thousand years, but he also placed a dreadful curse upon us.

u7MaleAvatar.png
What curse?

u7Lasher.png
We nature spirits used to be renowned for our randiness, and this wizard had called upon us to assist him in the seduction of some maiden. When we stood him up... Well, let us just say that he was one magician who was having a problem convincing his magic wand to work. Anyway, in a pathetic attempt to bolster his diminished feelings of manhood, he ruined us with an awesomely powerful Curse of Chastity.

u7MaleAvatar.png
The Curse of Chastity?! That doesn't sound good.

u7Lasher.png
It was a terrible curse. First, it drove us to kill all of the female members of our clan. Then it afflicted us with the particular sensitivity for which we have become known.

u7MaleAvatar.png
What sensitivity?

u7Lasher.png
Oh, do not be coy with me, Avatar. Thou dost know very well the purpose of a unicorn. We are foolproof virgin detectors!

u7MaleAvatar.png
You're a virgin detector?!

u7Lasher.png
That is correct. So sensitive are members of my race to all forms of sexual energy that we can only tolerate physical contact with one who has not yet had any experience in that form of procreation - or recreation, if thou dost prefer.

u7MaleAvatar.png
How sensitive are you?

u7Lasher.png
Yes, I find it most unpleasant to actually come into physical contact with anyone who is not a virgin, and I will avoid doing so whenever possible.

u7MaleAvatar.png
You avoid ALL nonvirgins, right?

u7Lasher.png
Yes, well, I did not wish to get this personal with thee, but if thou does not mind, art thou a virgin?

u7MaleAvatar.png
Uh . . . no.

u7Lasher.png
*shakes head* Thou dost not have to brag in order to impress me, or fear any sort of verbal chastisements, honestly. By the way, I have an itch right betwixt my shoulder blades. Wouldst thou mind scratching it for me?

u7MaleAvatar.png
Sure . . . crap.

u7Lasher.png
Thank thee so much.

u7Iolo.png
There's no shame in it, milord, says Iolo, looking very serious.

u7Shamino.png
No, it is perfectly understandable. Thou hast been so busy lately, says Shamino. You sense he is struggling to maintain a straight face.

u7Dupre.png
Why dost thou not go and pet the nice horsey. We would do it, but I think he prefers thee. With that, you hear an explosion of snorts and giggles.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Cut it out! Can you help me with my affliction?

u7Lasher.png
Oh, I do not know. It has been so long since I was personally involved in such matters. Art thou seeking love or art thou seeking lust?

u7MaleAvatar.png
Lust.

u7Lasher.png
If quenching thy lust is thine only concern, then thou shouldst find satisfaction at the Baths, in Buccaneer's Den. But be sure to take a full purse.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Bye.

u7Lasher.png
Fare thee well, Avatar.

uviie0003.png

Since that cave turned out to be a dead-end, let's try this one.

uviie0004.png

HOLY SHIT!!

uviie0005.png

uviie0006.png

uviie0007.png

I find the chest Batlin was talking about, but there is no money!

uviie0008.png

Fortunately, there's some up here (plus all the swag the dragons drop).

uviie0009.png

uviie0010.png

Score!

uviie0011.png

Score again!

uviie0012.png

Third time's a charm!

uviie0013.png

Why would I need another spellbook?

uviie0015.png

This should come in handy. I head back to Batlin.

uviie0016.png

u7MaleAvatar.png
I am here about the Fellowship funds.

uviie0017.png

u7MaleAvatar.png
There were dragons!

u7Batlin.png
Monsters! There are monsters lurking in Dungeon Destard?! Well then, I do apologize for thine inconvenience.

u7MaleAvatar.png
So can I join now?

u7Batlin.png
Well, thou didst certainly attempt to complete the quest. I cannot understand why the chest in Destard was empty. But we shall forget it, shall we?

u7MaleAvatar.png
. . . sure.

u7Batlin.png
Now that thou hast worked a little for The Fellowship, and hast learned what we stand for, dost thou still wish to join.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Yes.

u7Batlin.png
Then thou art most welcome to The Fellowship. Thou wilt be officially inducted during our nightly meeting this evening. Please come, and thou shalt receive thy medallion then. Once again, we thank thee, Avatar.

uviie0020.png

I sell my gems to the jeweler.

uviie0021.png

uviie0018.png

Let's see: 65 * 30=. . .

uviie0019.png

Holy fucking shit am I loaded!!

uviie0022.png

I also get a bunch of gold coins out of the bars I found.

uviie0023.png

Damn!

uviie0025.png

I know I can find a ship for free, but ya gotta have a pimp-mobile. Before we sail the seven seas, let's get hazed!

u7Batlin.png
The Ceremony shall begin!

u7Batlin.png
My friends, I originally created The Fellowshi;p to help ready Britannia and it's people for the future.

uviie0028.png

u7Batlin.png
For as our past and present intertwine we shall send a message which shall be heard throughout Britannia. Soon all of its peoples will strive together for unity.

u7Batlin.png
When they hear that the Avatar has become a member of The Fellowship those who were at first distrustful of us will come to see the truth of what we stand for. Then we may bring about a day when all of Britannia is worthy of the ample rewards it shall receive.

u7Iolo.png
Art thou quite certain, Elzair, that thou dost wish to join with these people?

u7MaleAvatar.png
Yes.

u7Iolo.png
I am not certain if thou art brave or simply foolish.

Then the members give testimonials. I am not writing all that shit down.

u7Batlin.png
Now is the time to welcome the newest member of The Fellowship to sit at our table. *pours a goblet of wine*

Each member (including me) takes a sip of the wine.

u7Batlin.png
Now there remains but one more test of thy loyalty to The Fellowship. I presume thou hast read the Book of Fellowship by now.

uviie0029.png

u7Batlin.png
Nevermind. Here we go.

uviie0030.png

u7MaleAvatar.png

uviie0031.png

u7MaleAvatar.png
Six.

u7Batlin.png
Excellent, Avatar!

uviie0032.png

u7Batlin.png
May the news spread far and wide that our newest member is none other than the Avatar!

uviie0033.png

uviie0034.png

u7Batlin.png
Please -- wear thy medallion at all times for it shall be a symbol to all who see it that thou dost alk with the Fellowship. Ready it to thy neck immediately! Oh, and . . . welcome to The Fellowship, Avatar.

uviie0035.png

I hate it when people put things around my neck.

uviie0027.png

Alright, let's get to motoring!

uviie0036.png

Here is a sea monster.

uviie0037.png

This is Vesper, the last known location of Elizabeth and Abraham. Vesper was in Ultima IV, but it must have been abandoned. Now it's back.

uviie0039.png

u7MaleAvatar.png
What do you do?

yongi Why, I tend me bar. And lend me ear ta the customers, he adds, touching his right ear for emphasis.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Tell me about Vesper.

yongi Why, I wouldna wanna live anyplace else. 'Course, this town would be a better place if we could rid ourselves of those jackals, the gargoyles.

u7MaleAvatar.png
What is wrong with the gargoyles?

yongi Gargoyles! What about them? They be the vilest, evilest, cruelest, most despicable things ever ta crawl upon this great land. I kinna tell ye too well ta stay away from them. I kin only imagine whata fine town this'd be if there weren't na more gargoyles. 'Course, I know those dogs are probably sayin' the same about us. Everybody knows they're gonna come an' kill allus in our sleep one evenin'. Why, only the other day one attacked Blorn. G'won, ask him about it.

uviie0040.png

Diversity at it's finest!

uviie0043.png

I speak with the mayor to see where I can find Elizabeth and Abraham.

u7MaleAvatar.png
Mayor, have any Fellowhip members stopped by recently?

u7Auston.png
They were just here to see about starting a branch in Vesper. I imagine we will allow it. I believe the couple have gone to Moonglow. They said they were on their way there to conduct a training session for the branch leader there. But I do know that they were going to stop at the Britannian Mining Company branch on the way out of town. I do not know why.

uviie0048.png

u7MaleAvatar.png
Greetings, geezer. Do you have any advice for me?

uviie0049.png

u7MaleAvatar.png
Oookay . . . I'm heading to the mine now.

uviie0054.png

Here it is! I speak with the foreman.

uviie0055.png

Odd. Let's kill things.

uviie0057.png

Whohoo! I levelled-up! I know there are some side-quests here, but I am too lazy to cover them.

Next time we sail for the Isle of Fire!

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Andyman said:
We nature spirits used to be renowned for our randiness, and this wizard had called upon us to assist him in the seduction of some maiden. When we stood him up... Well, let us just say that he was one magician who was having a problem convincing his magic wand to work. Anyway, in a pathetic attempt to bolster his diminished feelings of manhood, he ruined us with an awesomely powerful Curse of Chastity. ... It was a terrible curse. First, it drove us to kill all of the female members of our clan. Then it afflicted us with the particular sensitivity for which we have become known. ... Thou dost know very well the purpose of a unicorn. We are foolproof virgin detectors!

:shock: :lol:

Elzair

Cipher
Alright, the next update is actually ready. It just needs to be on the next page.

Elzair

Cipher
Last one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom