Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's play: W40K: Rites of War (Ultimate Victory)

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I expected more raep. Especially since this was the hardest mission in the game?

Capitol sounds like it could be a really nice looking map though.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Jaedar said:
I expected more raep. Especially since this was the hardest mission in the game?

Nope. The hardest one is yet to come :M

Capitol sounds like it could be a really nice looking map though.

Prepare to be disappointed. The city is, I think, actually of lesser size than that hueg one in mission 8. Although it has more fortresses and spires and stuff.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Mission XIX - Brood City

row2719.jpg

*suspense*

row2720.jpg

Here's the map.

row2722.jpg

To the right of the city is this comm relay.

row2724.jpg

And here's the magnificent capital of Davinuus. It could have used a little more splendour or size, though. *shrug*

row2727.jpg

Some enemy dudes.

row2728.jpg

Our bros.

row2729.jpg

And an overview of the enemy turn.

row2733.jpg

Some clusterfuck. We do our stuff first, then the Tyranids attack (the enemy arrow going out of nowhere is a bunch of gargoyles).

row2737.jpg

The farseer first uses an eldritch storm to prevent the leman russ from counterattacking, then the assault terminators move in for the kill. Did I mention that assault terminators are absolute beasts? They have 6/5 more defence/attack than our striking scorpion exarch, not to mention the armour piercing. Only drawback is their low movement and mediocre initiative, but who the fuck needs that when you can instakill a fucking panzer battalion? Although still, the lack of exarch abilities and squad composure instead of single entity does make them a little more squishy, despite the higher defence.

row2744.jpg

Did I mention exarch abilities? Battle fortune saves the Dire Avenger one more time :salute:

row2745.jpg

Retribution!

row2748.jpg

Some more filthy enemies at the objective.

row2754.jpg

lol gargoyles.

row2755.jpg

row2771.jpg

row2772.jpg

The farseer casts eldritch storm again, so the terminators don't get shredded by the carnifex.

row2777.jpg

More enemies spotted at the comm station.

row2778.jpg

Mopping up.

row2785.jpg

Holy shit, that's a lot of 'em. Also, something new above the land raider:

row2786.jpg

A hive tyrant. Pretty much the meanest motherfucker the Tyranid can throw at us. Its hardened carapace grants it excellent defence, the venom cannon has a high range and does high damage, it's also fairly able in melee. Additionally, it retains all psyker powers of the Zoanthrope and Magus, but also gets 'Catalyst', which gives +3 defence and attack to a unit and all adjacent to it. Abilities are Heroic, Leader and Terrifying. A truly fearsome beast, it can pretty much raep (or at least match) everything we send against it in one vs one combat.

Trying to go through the mountain and moat to the city will most likely get us killed

row2784.jpg

So let's try going around, to the west. We'll have to take care of those blokes first.

row2789.jpg

Meanwhile, this squad (+offscreen swooping hawk) will capture the comm station, and then head north, attacking the capital from the east.

row2794.jpg

Lololo doom.

row2795.jpg

row2803.jpg

Those bubbles (?) are the Catalyst ability.

row2804.jpg

Venom warriors are serious against squishy Sororitas.

row2806.jpg

Meanwhile, battle fortune saves a Dire Avenger's life once again. Incredible.

row2816.jpg

Bye, venom warriors.

row2817.jpg

The last enemies that stop us from crossing the river and starting the siege.

row2823.jpg

Almost all of them are dispatched in a single turn (only the missile team manages to postpone its demise)

row2832.jpg

Bye, zoanthrope.

Hawk checks the station...

row2833.jpg

OH MY GOD, BUT WHAT ARTIFACT IS IT?! *drumroll*

row2834.jpg

(any kill result into a wound)
The conversion field is a pretty nifty device, especially against lethal stuff, such as Biovores or just about anything with the Venom Sacs upgrade.

row2835.jpg

The hawk goes ahead and spots sum silly tyranid

row2838.jpg

The crossing goes rather smoothly

row2839.jpg

And we can get another good view of the enemy's forces inside the city. This will require caution, as there's a shitload of them here.

row2840.jpg

Hey, carnifexes can cross rivers without movement penalties. Must be the 'walker' movement type. Whatev', I'm surprised the SoB squad wasn't turned into minced meat. The beast dies next turn.

row2843.jpg

Our western doodz form a steel wall and begin their advance.

row2844.jpg

Oh my, a wild autocannon appears.

row2845.jpg

And dies :thumbsup:

row2846.jpg

MOTHERFUCKER.

This is, actually, double the luck, as great harlequins *don't* get exarch superpowers, which means it's not battle fortune that just saved it. I would rage a lot if we lost two scouts in two consecutive missions.

row2848.jpg

Oh, hey, another autocannon.

row2851.jpg

The land raider is taken care of.

row2853.jpg

Here, I feared the terminators were done for, but, fortunately, they are tough bastards, and some sucky genestealers are not enough to bring them down just like that.

row2854.jpg

These tyranid are done for.

row2864.jpg

Some good ol' clusterfuck.

row2870.jpg

The scorpion was left at 5 hp after killing the venom warriors, so I preferred to restore it to full health, given the multitude of hostiles in the region.

row2871.jpg

Turned out it wasn't that necessary, but who knows how the AI would have reacted should matters be different.

row2874.jpg

row2884.jpg

The farseer casts an eldritch storm, so as to not get pulverised by the tyrant. Terminators and fire dragon move in to attack, but it survives with 2 hp. No matter.

row2889.jpg

No idea how a 4 hp leman russ managed to score 2 wounds on the dark reaper, but whatev.

row2890.jpg

WHAT THE FUCK THE FUCKING CARNIFEX WAS BEYOND ITS MOVEMENT RANGE FOR FUCK'S SAKE

1222402066138.png

This is a classic example of the game trolling me. The carnifex has a movement range of 3 hexes, and if you look at the previous screen, you can clearly see that there are at least 4 hexes between it and the Dark Reaper. But there is a road hidden beneath the city, giving everything a movement boost. Fuckshitbitch, I fucking hate losing great and rare units. We salute you, Dark Reaper Exarch, casualty number 12 :salute:

row2891.jpg

All enemies are taken down.

row2903.jpg

And the whirlwind suicides.

row2904.jpg

Let's see what the city has to offer.

row2905.jpg

row2906.jpg

What the messages don't say, is that we also freed a level 8 assault terminator squad.

row2907.jpg

Victoly!

row2908.jpg

Avatar ascending, huh? :smug: :smug: :smug:

row2909.jpg

And here's the new unit. Think of the wraithlord as, basically, a wraithguard exarch. A single entity warmachine with 2 range and distortion, able in both ranged and melee, better attack and defence than a wraithguard.

I suppose we don't need the second terminator squad we just got, so we can get another unit in its place. Shall I get a wraithlord? :M

Stay tuned, for in the next update, we shall awaken the Bloody-Handed God :M

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Mission XX - Avatar Ascending

row2910.jpg

row2911.jpg

The lovely barren map.

row2913.jpg

row2915.jpg

So many damn hive nodes I can't fit all locations' descriptions in one screen.

row2920.jpg

And in the centre is this temple.

row2921.jpg

Landing zone is, as always, hot.

row2922.jpg

First is just a simple lictor.

row2924.jpg

But then comes clusterfuck.

The lictors and gargoyles are done for.

row2937.jpg

Genestealers die in the next turn while trying to attack the farseer. Suckers.

row2944.jpg

The swooping hawk flies off after the fleeing land raider (the fucking thing refuses to die)

row2948.jpg

row2959.jpg

Lol biowhores.

row2960.jpg

Fuck.

FUCK

FUCK!!!! THERE'S A FUCKING WARRIOR SQUAD RIGHT NEXT TO THE HAWK

row2961.jpg

Good gravy, that was a really fucking close call. Battle Fortune, I salute you once again, this game would have been so much more racist without you :salute:

row2964.jpg

Whole damn fucking lot of warriors approaching from the north-east.

row2968.jpg

Bye hormagaunts.

row2969.jpg

row2978.jpg

The off-screen arrow is a bunch of lictors.

row2983.jpg

row2985.jpg

All bastards are eliminated.

row2997.jpg

There will be much rape to be had. Much, much rape.

row3000.jpg

row3002.jpg

row3003.jpg

Right, so I'll try to spread the combat over everything in sight, so as to not get focus fired by a mob of full-strength tyranid warriors: the fire dragons strike first, drawing the support fire of one of the venom warriors. The immolator attacks the zoanthrope, provoking more support fire. Finally, the dire avenger whacks down the zoanthrope.

row3006.jpg

This fire dragon suffers heavy wounds, so I bail him out with insane courage.

row3009.jpg

The death jester gets rather raepd and has to run. As you can see, the immolator is barely at half hp. I didn't expect the venom warriors to ravage it that much, they don't have anti-armour qualities, after all.

row3013.jpg

The fucking land raider still refuses to die, even after unleashing p. much everything we have against it. Whirlwind suicides during its next turn.

row3019.jpg

The leman russ suicides against the fire dragon. The 6 fucking tyranid warriors inflict 4 wounds upon the wraithlord.

row3024.jpg

And yeah... there goes the immolator.

row3025.jpg

:rage:

I really like the fucking immolator, fuck :x Salute to you, casualty number 13 :salute:

row3027.jpg

The terminators kill the tyranid warriors, wraithlord moves in their place and fires upon other warriors, also providing enough place for the SoB squad to attack. The warriors are finally taken down by a fire dragon.

row3035.jpg

And finally the fucking land raider dies

row3036.jpg

Meanwhile... I completely carelessly put the wraithlord behind the terminators, right into the range of venom warriors because I forgot how fucking fragile level 0 dudes are.

:rage: :rage: :rage:

A promising wraithlord has fallen in a disaster that would be easily avoided. He would have stomped many an enemy of the Eldar if we got him to proper levels. Salute, casualty number 14 :salute:

row3040.jpg

The wraithlord is avenged soon after. This detachment will head north and flank the hive pods, while the rest of our bros go through the mountains.

row3041.jpg

The tyranid pods are heavily guarded.

row3043.jpg

row3044.jpg

Nothing was found in this farmhouse.

row3046.jpg

Moppin' up

row3055.jpg

More tyranid warmachines.

row3059.jpg

The insolent leman russ is quickly taken care of.

row3063.jpg

Silly carnifex tries to charge, but gets surprised by invisible scorpion exarch. Fortunately, this time the ambush ends better than last time when it got our scorpion killed... :x

row3068.jpg

This concludes the carnifex.

row3069.jpg

Another look upon the objective.

row3070.jpg

oshi-

row3071.jpg

Fuck. FUCK. FUCKING FUCKITY FUCK

row3072.jpg

Fucking squad-based fucking terminators getting fucking exploded by everything, FFS :x

Good that we got another assault squad waiting in the barracks after last mission. :salute: casualty number 15.

row3073.jpg

We exact great vengeance upon the foul xenos (offscreen arrow are seraphim), killing almost all of them.

row3083.jpg

Oh great, a hive tyrant.

row3084.jpg

Land raider suicides.

row3088.jpg

The cavalry finally arrives to the northeast. A little too fucking late, but I actually wanted to wait for them at the mountain pass, however the tanks forced me to attack quickly.

row3094.jpg

We can start capturing the pods.

row3098.jpg

Then the farseer moves into the shrine:

row3102.jpg

Khaela Mensha Khaine has answered our prayers! But he still thinks we're faggots and his avatar will not be joining us during this mission after all.

row3105.jpg

We keep capturing the pods.

row3106.jpg

Die, venom warriors.

row3107.jpg

Strength 10 hit!!!11 That might have hurt a guardian squad or something, but not a friggin dire avenger.

row3108.jpg

lololo

row3109.jpg

WHAT IN THE SHIT.

Those warriors are actually pretty fucking deadly when they are well-entrenched and aided by Tyranid psyker powers.

row3113.jpg

Still, it has to give in to peer pressure.

row3115.jpg

The farseer casts a powerful shiteldritch storm upon the tyrant

row3122.jpg

But it still takes two turns of continuous attacks to bring it down.

row3123.jpg

row3124.jpg

And after capturing the last hive node, we are victorious!

row3125.jpg

row3126.jpg

row3127.jpg

Right, we got a generous boost to our population cap. We now miss a total of 5 squads... who shall we take? You can see the whole population of the barracks on two above screens. They are as follows: level 0 guardians, maxed missile team, maxed space marines, lvl 9 assault terminators, lvl 9 terminator devastators, level 6 scatter laser and vibro cannon, lvl 10 vypers, level 1 warwalker and a lvl 9 warlock master.

I suggest taking the assault termies to replace the fallen ones from the past mission. Rest is as you see fit, you can also recruit new units if you wish, but keep the wraithlord in mind...

row3128.jpg

And here's the artifact we found in the temple. The blood chalice I immediately give to the fire prism, as it's an excellent tool for fast-levelling, and the fire prism is still barely level 4 or so.

That is all. Stay tuned, for next time we'll be de-worming the swamps. Also, at the start of the next mission we'll be handed command of the Avatar :M

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Get the Vyper and another wraithlord and also the terminator assaulters. Remaining two slots... Space marines and the warlock I guess.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I am very butthurt about lack of feedback keeping this thread from reaching new pages

lightbane

Arcane
Darth Roxor said:
I am very butthurt about lack of feedback keeping this thread from reaching new pages

"What's wrong, monkeigh, is the game too hard for you perhaps?? "

Also, BUMP

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
I heard there was gonna be an update soon and this thread could use a new page. Looking forward to seeing avatar in action as well.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Mission XXI - Shadow of the Kraken

row3129.jpg

row3130.jpg

Here's the map. As you can see, navigating through its multitude of rivers and swamps will be a bitch.

row3132.jpg

Ick.

row3135.jpg

Most curious.

row3137.jpg

Here are our bros, among them the brosiest of them all.

row3138.jpg

The avatar. Pretty much the ultimate unit in the game, with the highest defence and melee attack. It can tackle hive tyrants head on, can survive massive assault from everything the enemy can throw at it. Counts as a Leader, Heroic and Terrifying. However, in each mission it counts as a mission-critical unit, so it's imperative to not let it rush headfirst into whole mobs of Tyranids because, as the unit's description says, 'even a lion can be brought down by jackals'.

row3139.jpg

We start by smacking hormagaunts around. It's important to remember to let the wraithlord finish off all enemies. Since almost everything we face now is level 10, it gets +100xp (+1 level) with each kill thanks to the chalice of khaine. Neat, no?

row3153.jpg

row3165.jpg

Lol gargoyles.

row3170.jpg

row3171.jpg

row3176.jpg

Right, so after attacking with the great harlequin, I noticed this mob here. Really close to the harlequin, too. Decided I'm not taking any chances, used insane courage and pulled it back.

row3181.jpg

Here you can see this mission's most annoying part. The gargoyles. Every turn, there comes a whole truckload of them

row3182.jpg

row3192.jpg

row3204.jpg

And they come one after the other. If you see a screenshot of a unit surrounded/attacked by gargoyles, chances are, it has been already attacked 4 times this turn.

row3205.jpg

row3206.jpg

Those bastards need dispersing.

row3213.jpg

row3223.jpg

The swooping hawk takes a heavy beating.

row3225.jpg

So does the seraphim...

row3226.jpg

row3231.jpg

row3237.jpg

row3239.jpg

And yeah, here's a good example that bad stuff can happen to the avatar, too. Bad stuff like genestealers. They are insanely powerful in this game.

row3242.jpg

row3244.jpg

Friggin gargoyles, should have focused fire them all to eliminate as many squads as possible, instead of targeting many to weaken more of them. They just keep running away very far to the north, rest and come back.

row3245.jpg

row3250.jpg

row3251.jpg

row3252.jpg

Uh...

row3253.jpg

ffffff...

row3254.jpg

FFFFFFFFFFFFFF...

row3255.jpg

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

row3256.jpg

There goes the vyper squad. It probably wouldn't have happened if the useless shits didn't suffer a morale failure. Casualty number 16 :salute:

Did I mention how much I hated gargoyles in this mission? Because now it's personal. PURGE THE ALIEN :x

row3257.jpg

The fire prism takes down one gargoyle without moving and can fire again thanks to the warmachine class's inherent 'overrun' ability.

row3264.jpg

Meanwhile, the wraithlord gets another level :M

row3267.jpg

row3268.jpg

Hmmm, I hoped the harlequin would have movement left to bail out. But it didn't and now is right next to genestealers.

... :salute:

row3271.jpg

But instead of the harlequin's death, we face the scatter laser's because it would appear the land raider's movement type ignores shallow water's movement penalty to some degree, so it managed to get close enough to fire upon it. The artillery's pathetic 6 points of defence couldn't withstand the twin lascannons. Farewell, casualty number 17 :salute:

row3279.jpg

The invisibility must have kicked in and saved the harlequin, I guess, as the genestealer went for the scorpion exarch (although in theory it also should be invisible...). Battle fortune once again saves the day :salute:

row3281.jpg

The genestealers are eliminated next turn.

row3282.jpg

Then gargoyles follow.

row3287.jpg

row3292.jpg

Lotsa. Including a hive tyrant, of course.

row3293.jpg

row3294.jpg

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

row3295.jpg

Okay, fortunately nothing else was in the area to attack the prism. Actually, I got a flashback at this moment, as I remembered that I lost a fire prism in the same place in the very same way as it could have happened now last time I played. Darth Roxor is not a learning animal.

row3303.jpg

row3305.jpg

The terminators are p. good at cleansing gargoyles.

row3312.jpg

row3316.jpg

P. cool thing about units with walker movement (wraithlord and avatar) is that they can cross rivers without needing to stop.

row3324.jpg

row3327.jpg

row3331.jpg

This concludes the artillery.

row3332.jpg

This was an incredibly stupid decision to put seraphim in the vicinity of Biowhores just to attack a fleeing land raider.

row3336.jpg

oshi-

row3337.jpg

Real fucking close one. Losing the seraphim would be an incredibly big blow to our war effort.

row3339.jpg

The seraphim are evac'd while everything else mops up.

row3343.jpg

row3354.jpg

Wraithguard :thumbsup:

row3356.jpg

row3357.jpg

Right, both fronts are pretty much clear at this point.

row3362.jpg

It takes the terminators 12 turns to get from the west to this east secret mound.

row3363.jpg

row3364.jpg

Fuck yes, this is an extremely useful thing to have. I wonder whether I should let terminators keep it or give it to the seraphim, although their imperial scanners make them great scouts.

row3365.jpg

Now the only thing that's left is securing those pods.

row3374.jpg

Bye bye, hive tyrant.

row3375.jpg

Victoly!

row3376.jpg

Welcome to hell. The next scenario is very much the hardest in the whole game.

row3379.jpg

As you can see in this here map, we start at the red dot, in a gigantic crater that fucks up movement in a most spectacular way. We have to attempt to get out (yellow arrows), breaking the tyranid swarm, advancing from all sides (blue arrows).

We head out to the barracks...

row3377.jpg

Curiously enough, we don't have to get any new units, despite the 2 casualties of the previous mission. Our army pop cap has also been decreased from 21 to 20. Faggots :rpgcodex:

row3378.jpg

The warlock master finally attains the rank of farseer.

Also, the wraithlord is now level 9. It got 900 xp in a single mission :thumbsup: Next unit that gets the chalice is the fire prism, as it's still level 5 or 6.

Stay tuned, for next mission will bring rape. In wagons. Ultimate doom expansion for Kwanzania, enrichment train departing, all aboard :M

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
That chalice sounds bloody overpowered. Looking forward to next update.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Huh? I really didn't update this in two weeks? Well, who would have thought, r00fles!

Mission XXII - Desolation

row3380.jpg

row3381.jpg

This nuked scenario is our today's map

Going clockwise from the top left corner:

row3383.jpg

row3385.jpg

row3387.jpg

This one looks p. cool.

row3390.jpg

row3394.jpg

row3396.jpg

row3397.jpg

And thanks to simultaneous defensive deep strikes, our forces are in the very centre of the crater.

row3399.jpg

As you can see, we are surrounded by all kinds of filth.

row3403.jpg

row3408.jpg

row3412.jpg

The hawk is heavily damaged.

row3413.jpg

row3417.jpg

row3421.jpg

Some venom warrior mop up

row3422.jpg

row3423.jpg

The amount of gargoyles here might not be as retardedly high as in the previous mission, but it's still annoying. Also, sending wraithguard after squishy targets and watching them almost instakill is p. hilarious :thumbsup:

row3433.jpg

Oh my.

row3435.jpg

row3438.jpg

More venom warriors meet their doom.

row3442.jpg

row3453.jpg

row3454.jpg

row3456.jpg

row3459.jpg

A quick offence in this map is pretty imperative, so that you eliminate those masses of warriors while their movement is heavily impaired in the hills. Otherwise, you get swarmed by overwhelming numbers of xenos keen on biting your arse off.

row3468.jpg

row3472.jpg

The fire prism gets the kill on the lictor, and regains all its hp thanks to the chalice of Khaine. Also, since it didn't move before the kill, it gets an additional action thanks to being a warmachine and fries the biowhores.

row3481.jpg

row3483.jpg

row3487.jpg

row3489.jpg

The seraphim fly off to the south to cover our rear from sneaky faggots trying to cap our dropships.

row3490.jpg

bernhardt.png
Men, just slaughter. Let none of them escape.

Thank you for your invaluable tactical insight, Commander Bernhardt.

row3498.jpg

row3504.jpg

Holy shit, that was close.

row3505.jpg

Wait, what, the carnifex attacks the seraphim, that's not supposed to be possible.

The beast has a Bio Plasma Attack upgrade, which means it can now use ranged attacks. Which doesn't really help it at all, since its ranged attack value is a total of 7, which wouldn't do shit even to artillery.

row3507.jpg

The farseer smites the gargoyles and the swooping hawk is free to rest.

row3508.jpg

Seraphim bring down the carnifex and move to new prey.

row3510.jpg

Moppin' up.

row3512.jpg

row3517.jpg

The fire dragon was down to 3 wounds after attacking the land raider, and given the regular and venom warriors next to it, I preferred to use the panic button, just in case.

row3519.jpg

And it might have been a good idea, as the warriors hit the dire avenger for 3 wounds, and the avenger has like 10 more defence than a dragon.

The leman russ exploded 10 of the terminators. Goddamn non-single entities.

row3521.jpg

However, Wraithguard don't get exploded too much. I is confuse

row3525.jpg

Terminators with the armour piercing Krak Grenades are really bitchin' now :M

row3529.jpg

row3530.jpg

row3540.jpg

Wham!

row3541.jpg

row3548.jpg

The farseer casts another eldritch storm, making the land raider effectively helpless.

row3554.jpg

Seraphim keep bugging a magus.

row3555.jpg

row3562.jpg

The magus managed to run away and rest, so, now joined by the swooping hawk, our aerial forces pester sum lictors.

row3564.jpg

row3566.jpg

row3567.jpg

The harlequin begins its tour of the countryside, first finding nothing in this town.

row3569.jpg

Then we smack this whirlwind and check the fortress.

row3571.jpg

Oh noes!1

row3574.jpg

Those fucking warriors sure are motherfuckers.

row3576.jpg

Regardless, we still kill the lictors.

row3577.jpg

Our bulk of troops begins its pilgrimage south.

row3578.jpg

The harlequin finds nothing in this village either.

row3581.jpg

Well, fuck. Good that the magus was dumb and decided to use some useless powers, instead of finishing off the near-dead hawk.

row3584.jpg

Taking those fuckers down will take some time...

row3586.jpg

At least the magus hit the dirt.

row3587.jpg

Last stand of the Tyranid forces.

row3590.jpg

row3597.jpg

The grunts are eliminated and the death jester checks the fragment of the spire.

row3602.jpg

row3606.jpg

Cool

row3604.jpg

Now, let's get rid of this monstrosity.

row3609.jpg

The Avatar rips the hive tyrant's guts out with the Wailing Doom.

row3611.jpg

Those shitheads finally die, too.

row3614.jpg

We liberate the last part of the exploded artifact

row3615.jpg

And win!

Interesting, I thought this mission would be a lot harder, or at least that's how I remembered it. I must be getting better at this, I guess :M

row3616.jpg

The briefing for this mission is p. cool. The Farseer is very enraged when he speaks the second paragraph.

'A great beast, a MONSTROUS! HIIIIVE tyrant, calling forth retribution fromtheverySTARS!!!'

Anyways, we don't even have to inspect the barracks, as we didn't get/lose any units, and our army pop cap didn't get increased either.

Stay tuned, for next mission we'll get our third farseer, proceed with utmost raep, and head for... THE GRAND FINALE! :M

(that is, the finale is after this mission, so the next update won't be the last one)

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom