- Cpl Tytus. Rifleman. 0 Missions 0 Kills | 7th September - did not survive the impact as Charlie-1 plummeted to the ground in flames
- Cpl MotherMachinae. Heavy. 0 Missions 0 Kills | 7th September - his burnt corpse was discovered among the wreckage of Charlie-1
- Cpl Brazilian Slaughter. Rifleman. 2 Missions 0 Kills | 20th September - missed his shot, the Caesun Guard didn't
- Cap Eklektyk. Heavy. 9 Missions 5 Kills | 8th October - shot in the face by a Caesun Guard, a gentle reminder that there is no such thing as a easy mission
- Comd Sranchammer. Rifleman. 19 Missions 13 Kills | 26th November - killed in the assault on the command room of the Andron.Small Alien Base by a Andron Soldier
- Commissar Draco. Hunter Pilot. 4 Missions 8 Kills | 12th January - reaction fire from a Caesun Soldier meant for Ashery missed only to hit his V8 engine with explosive results
- Col Azira. Recce. 20 Missions 2 Kills | 12th February - looked radiant as the proud mother of a Reaper for the few moments before Ulminati broke his heart
- Col Tzaero. Rocketeer. 31 Missions 13 Kills | 12th February - transcended his mortal body to become one with the plasma cloud of his beloved rockets
- Comd MRSA. Assault. 16 Missions 8 Kills | 12th February - gunned down by a Sebillian Warrior as our depleted team took the command room of the Sebillian.Medium Alien Base
[/spoiler]You have played X-COM, right?
I'm not on about
Enforcer Interceptorthe recent abomination from 2K Games with their squad limit of five and difficulty line; I'm on about the alien-grenade-in-sub-multikill of Terror from the Deep and the Chrysalid Butterfly Effect of UFO Defense. And let's be honest here - if you've not played X-COM, you've strayed too far from General Discussion, friend.
Xenonauts is a spiritual sequel to those timeless games which are so very suited to LPs. There are differences, but anyone familiar with X-COM will be able jump right in no bother. This LP will be Ironman on Veteran difficulty, and will become a blind LP a few updates in.
In the best interests of
acquiringprotecting the world's supply of oil our asylum is based in the Middle East, specifically the island of Crete. First thing I do is requisition 5 more Scientists so we can fully staff our single Laboratory before ordering the construction of more Living Quarters, another Workshop, a Medical Centre and another Radar Array to enhance our detected.
We currently have 2 Condors - slow fighters equipped with a Cannon Hardpoint and two Light Missile Hardpoints, which we will need to supplement ASAP. Our dropship, the Chinook, has room for 8 soldiers.
The glorious soldiers of mankind under their alias. Stats are self explanatory, basic kit is unlimited, and as ever in these LPs - I will need volunteers to defend humanity against the invaders, catch plasma with your faces and take friendly fire up your arses. First come first server, and once we get the first 8 we begin.
The current roles below are available, and I shall avoid parting you with your Veras and your Saschas for the most part - exceptions being when you're the most qualified soldier to handle our big guns.
Recce: Equipped with a Pistol and Shield, you are the most valuable member of the team, scouting ahead to detect the enemy.
Rifleman: Equipped with a Rifle, you form the backbone of the fire-team.
Assault: Equipped with a Shotgun, you are king of breaching and close-quarters combat.
Sniper: Equipped with a Precision Rifle, you will be relied on for making that single shot count.
HMG: Equipped with a Machine Gun, you bring the dakka.
Rocketeer: Equipped with a Rocket Launcher, you blow shit up.
Pilot: You operate our aircraft against the alien fleet.
Tanker: You crew any of the fighting vehicles we build.