Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Play Xenonauts - Moles Were Popped

Tytus

Arcane
Ulminati Undead Phoenix

Because of you faggots now I can't resist buying the game and I can even resist waiting for the full release and will probably have to buy the game now when it's in the beta. Good going guys, hyping me so much for this game. Fuck you both.

I'm always happy to relieve a Pole of his ill gotten potatoes :smug:

Updated our living soldiers with their stats, faces, and combat experience.

Hitting Our Stride

Update 3: 1979/9/20 - 1979/9/24
Three days have passed since our last encounter with the extraterrestrials. Cpl Brazilian Slaughter has been replaced with Pvt Sranchammer, who's been bugging me about why there's a massive hole in the centre of his overalls.

zvJV6Sx.jpg

The UFO crashes, sustaining severe damage, and we drop down at night in the South-West corner of the map.

S9ikRg3.jpg

Yt8B5bQ.jpg

After many turns of cautious movement, every single one of them filled with the familiar sound of a plasma weapon discharging, we finally pin discover just who the alien was shooting at. What a fucking terrible shot. Predicting where it is - Tzaero gets an itchy trigger finger.

UNootU8.jpg

p1D5o3T.jpg

Great shooting bro.

3F0guJI.jpg

We find the Sebillian, but it finally takes down the local before dropping to our overwhelming firepower. Ulminati registering the killing blow. This is the only alien outside the UFO, so we move to breach.

u68Kou7.jpg

The alien kindly answers us when we knock on the door of the UFO :smug:

VxfNtKX.jpg

lHOY4rW.png

We detect another UFO, but it outruns our Condors down the east coast of Africa.

ExEV2xA.jpg

UFO-08 is not so priviledged. Condors circle overhead while we choose to wait for dawn rather than go for a night assault on a undamaged UFO.

OWY2UOh.jpg

It seems the UFO crashed down in a military base. How conveniant. Profreshinal comes under heavy fire by 3 Caesuns from above as he scouts north of our ship.

9aCaRRD.jpg

sjgScs6.jpg

Fearlessly Profreshinal holds his ground, buying time for our Xenonauts to get into position to assist.

Ieae6ok.jpg

Ashery, Ulminati and Eklektyk get into position to unleash a torrent of fire upon the Caesuns as Azira and ERYFKRAD move to flank through the garage. Sranchammer lays down a smoke grenade to give our sniper nest a little extra protection.

http://i.imgur.com/meXTQSY.jpg/img]

Ashery is showered in glass as superheated plasma from all three Caesuns smash into the corrugated iron wall, forcing our Xenonauts to drop and pray. The smoke definitely saved them here.

http://i.imgur.com/pdgLlen.jpg

Rattled, our return fire is almost completely ineffective...

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/dBpxd7G.jpg

7aRpGmi.jpg

Tzaero saves the day :salute:

eeCgvJ6.jpg

Azira blocks a shot with his shield.

xQ4aPCj.jpg

Ashery takes down one Caesun...

f6G0t08.jpg

...And Sranchammer nails the other.

alDddoM.jpg

From our previous experiences with these Small Scout UFOs, we know them to have four or five crew. All three Guards survived the crash, the most we've seen, so we can deduce that there will be two or less red shirts.

w4Yc6pX.jpg

No blood stains or spare weaponry in this UFO. This must mean they all survived the crash. They didn't survive us though.

gKrPE9Q.png

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I imagine you'll need lots of recruits at this rate. Signing in.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sign me up for the death barrel too. Maybe I will live to become a legend.

More probably, I will just die randomly, but anything is possible, right? Right?

Interceptors & Armour

Update 4: 1979/9/24 - 1979/10/6
Our Xenonauts don't get much of a rest. UFO-09 is identified travelling North-East over the Sahara. A pair of Condors are sent to intercept.

QTch33B.jpg

Visual reports from the Condors show that this is a new type of craft. Cunningly, we have designed this the Scout.

4OQIfHX.png

It proves a much toughter nut to crack...

jG1DrBc.png

Condor-2 gets into a great position and lands both Sidewinder missiles, but the UFO doesn't drop. Condor-2 moves into cannon range and completely exhausts its supply of shells. Condor-1 finally forces it to Earth at the cost of a few hits.

YJj2ioy.jpg

Our new Interceptor, the Foxtrot, is completed. Its Avalanche missiles have a much higher yield than the Sidewinders, and the Foxtrot's superior manouverability makes up for the slower speed of the torpedo.

UIb8Avp.jpg

We set out at first light.

i84HtZG.png

ERYFKRAD discovers a Sebillian to the north of our landing site.

PPCcuJy.jpg

A 2nd Sebillian is found on the other side of the rock formation. Tzaero's rocket flies awry, but our sniping core do not have the same problems.

7iesnwK.jpg

What horrors could lurk within this alien vessel? We shall see.

v7app0K.jpg

Time to blow the bloody doors off :troll:

Z7a4peI.jpg

Rest in pieces, alien scum :smug:

e4rJGdi.png

Some new faces greet our soldiers as they return to The Playground.

ussTPw7.jpg

tFVOGAK.jpg

Sql7BhV.jpg

Another UFO is discovered, but it escapes. Meanwhile our research team has been hard at work completing a prototype of the Jackal. I've given our Engineers orders to produce 8 sets.

aBZDIy4.png

The month ends with us recieving a flurry of reports from Siberia. We assured our comrades in the team that we would start work on a detection and interception base in the Motherland as soon as we recieve funding.

H8sRXSM.jpg

With our troops sufficiently armoured, the next task our scientists have set their minds towards is identifying the power source for all alien technology. They've claimed the potential for Elerium Alenium greatly surpasses that of regular explosives.

58b8zYB.png

After a quiet week three UFOs appear on radar.

7NZ7QBA.jpg

tbiADKD.png

PHY8d4v.png

Charlie-1 is prepped and the Xenonauts are told to expect three seperate missions across Northern Africa before they return to base.

fWjlmJr.jpg

Caesuns were discovered first crash site.

srRo1v4.jpg

9snNBSU.jpg

Comte stuns the alien by flashing it before Profreshinal gets up close and personal...

dJaHj1k.jpg

...before missing twice at point blank range :x

EartxdP.jpg

His shield and Comte's flashbang saves his life. The rookie then shows him how to do it.

TJBkF5W.jpg

The clearing of the UFO is routine.

LiL5FVm.jpg

qP3GNLb.png

Next mission, Sebillian's are found almost as soon as we leave the chopper.

Ie25O3n.jpg

A local soldier bravely fights to the death :salute:

pHawVv3.jpg

His sacrifice gives us the initiative in the ensuing firefight.

clgDd3h.jpg

Lg1T1p7.jpg

The crew of this alien vessel seems to have shrugged off the crash without any losses.

CXMKZjl.jpg

onuWn7v.jpg

Eklektyk aims for the Snakeman furthest away, going for the double kill.

D7LtDkP.jpg

:rage:

6L04cII.jpg

RIP Eklek--

eboA26T.jpg

:fuuyeah:

t1Caj2s.jpg

The men in the squad flinched at what Comte did in retaliation...

OdGMYAu.jpg

...and ERYKFRAD cleaned house. There is no rest for the wicked though, as our 'nauts make their way to the 3rd crash site.

jYHyuhh.jpg

Nevill scores the kill before...

HyAQs1B.jpg

XIBac25.jpg

ERYFKRAD graciously accepts this offering, bludgeoning the blind Caesun to death. It's a good thing they don't have acid blood.

0z6vLg6.jpg

qDtY7YH.jpg

A good shot from this Caesun wounds Nevill, but before she can retaliate a local soldier takes down the alien.

rfW8lyo.jpg

Map scoured and UFO secured, we prepare to breach. This time taking a more cautious position.

EGhzrRT.jpg

:decline: of ERYFKRAD. I don't know how the Caesun survived a blast from this range. Ulminati is the only one left who can kill it this turn...

Otmk9S3.jpg

...and he misses.

pfquUQf.jpg

Jackal armour saves his life.

x33Xkgr.jpg

VC4gdVV.png

Smug sod.

Last edited:
A Gentle Reminder

Update 5: 1979/10/6 - 1979/10/8
While our command of the air has vastly improved, we are not always successful.

udF5CCl.jpg

But the days where our Condors would be shot down are long gone.

VIayIUC.png

Charlie-1 makes it to the crash site during the hours of darkness.

SOa2FBd.jpg

8hxX1uJ.jpg

We discover two Caesuns to the North, one in a building and one outside. We move into position to gun them down, Eklektyk taking point under the cover of smoke.

4BmXzNu.jpg

Man down! Nevill rushes in with a medpack but its already too late. There's no pulse.

RIP eklektyk :salute:

YKzWbzR.jpg

We can't even kill this Caesun and we're in a terrible position

TC6KKGf.jpg

Ulminati is hit by a flurry of shots from the north!

emgc5pj.jpg

Our Xenonauts fight back. Profreshinal avenges Eklektkyk and Tzaero fires a wild shot at where he belives the other alien is.

Mp4mov2.jpg

Hungry for blood, the alien moves through the smoke to shoot at Comte, but our girl puts one right between its eyes.

e6hg0YC.jpg

ERYFKRAD takes down both non-combatants, but the damage has already been done.

9j3tJfV.png

:salute:

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Medpacks? Why we are issued medpacks when we can carry one more explosive instead?

Also, why am I still alive? This is not a true successor to XCOM! :rpgcodex:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
"Charlie-1" is an unworthy name for the noble chariot that ferries us to the jaws of the Abyss. :rpgcodex:

In fact, since aircraft are automatically recovered when destroyed and don't die, they are not truly codexian vessels. I hereby propose a list of names for the aircraft for Undead Phoenix to use:

"The Litany of Fury"
"The Righteous Endeavor"
"Inquisitor Eisenhorn's Revenge"
"Dirge of Glory"
"The Hammer of Faith"
"Flame of Terra"
"Malevolent"
"Codex Ascendant"
"Legatum Anargo"
"Emperor's Mercy"
"Final Judgement"
"Pax Humania"

profreshinal

Arcane
Saved by my fellow frenchie. And a woman to!

Bonjour Lt Comte. omelette du fromage! Voulez-vous coucher avec moi ce soir?

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
"Charlie-1" is an unworthy name for the noble chariot that ferries us to the jaws of the Abyss. :rpgcodex:

In fact, since aircraft are automatically recovered when destroyed and don't die, they are not truly codexian vessels. I hereby propose a list of names for the aircraft for Undead Phoenix to use:

"The Litany of Fury"
"The Righteous Endeavor"
"Inquisitor Eisenhorn's Revenge"
"Dirge of Glory"
"The Hammer of Faith"
"Flame of Terra"
"Malevolent"
"Codex Ascendant"
"Legatum Anargo"
"Emperor's Mercy"
"Final Judgement"
"Pax Humania"
I thought 'Xenforo' would be an obvious choice for a name of a vessel carrying so many codexians.

well i hoped for at least few shots in friendly backs .... oh well :salute:
Your spirit has already possessed another member of our team :M

Winter Is Coming

Update 6: 1979/10/8 - 1979/11/1
Eklektyk's corpse is dropped off at base and Comte loots is given his Machine Gun. No time to grieve, our Xenonauts are already out on another mission.

ioch88f.png

21wIMg8.jpg

The aliens in this small UFO fall beneath our fists. Storyfag gained the honour of being our first Xenonaut to shoot his bro in the back.

l9Wv3OZ.png

The boys get some new toys.

H6jrr9u.png

The command centre at Prosperland is constructed and will become a fully fledged Interceptor base in 10 days.

AXOIWWD.jpg

Our ranks of hot females swell (not the only thing :smug:) as MicoSelva signs her life away.

rlAotNA.png

We keep shooting down and raiding the Scout and Small Scout UFOs.

8CXAIgN.jpg

vIVxX0e.png

Prosperland gives proper Soviet welcome to Condor-1 and Condor-2. Construction of Foxtrots is resumed.

nRIq9qP.jpg

They work very well in pairs.

JgQJr3l.png

SIczFmN.jpg

Fucking Storyfag. Eryfkrad recieves his first war wound, but otherwise the mission goes smoothly.

xYFbTHw.png

But there's no rest for the wicked, Charlie-1 is diverted to another crash site.

vZf1IjI.jpg

zHBN7z7.png

And another.

e3DNnqC.jpg

R6oBLcg.png

Escalation is expected, but our toughest challenge yet comes from a Sebillian Scout. All 10 aliens survived the crash.

nxYQp4B.jpg

gAai6ep.jpg

Storyfag eats hot plasma like a man.

SBrC5oz.jpg

Nevill exposes her arse to execute a Sebillian that would have been free to mow down Comte. Fortune favours the brave :salute:

29HGaBm.jpg

Tzaero breaches.

e3YHbC3.jpg

Hz8rePY.jpg

A Sebillian perishes in the flames as a vicious firefight breaks out. We get the better of the exchanges but begin to run out of ammunition.

TChsu9r.jpg

Eventually there's only a single alien remaining.

hCGPbqk.jpg

B8Eat8y.png

Our guys are starting to handle themselves like true veterans.

w2uUcNW.jpg

6Fj5psl.png

Production commences immediately, but we still have a few more missions before we will be able to upgrade.

42ZGmPa.jpg

VDI4Djs.png

1BmNT4q.jpg

Yx48yDc.png

And with that October comes to an end. A good month for the Xenonauts.

m7ZEFXL.jpg

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
He's only facing scouts. Half the enemies are noncombatants and the remainder is armed with pistols. Things only get tasteful once he hits late November. :smug:

Nevill

Arcane
What does that medal with a red cross on the second-to-last screenshot mean?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Order of Gallantry (5 kills), Order of Merit (cross with x on top, 10 kills) or Order of Terra (medal with globe, 20 kills). Each give a stacking +1 bravery.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Maybe if I were a chick IRL I would get promoted so fast too. From private to captain after six missions, despite scoring zero kills. Damn. Seems like Xenonauts commanders really crave female company.

spekkio

Arcane
Maybe if I were a chick IRL I would get promoted so fast too. From private to captain after six missions, despite scoring zero kills. Damn. Seems like Xenonauts commanders really crave female company.
:butthurt:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom