Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Play Xenonauts - Moles Were Popped

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't fucking believe it. More luck than brains, as the popular Polish saying goes.

Holiday In Mongolia

Part 3
Xenoforo's pilot touches down in the very Southern corner of the map.
yv8oe9q.png

Just East we spot a wall and pipeline that run to the North, the other side of the wall held by a Mogolian soldier.
0qQqPit.jpg

Our immediate North is covered by a building - but with this level of light anything could be lurking inside.
GI6r83u.jpg

ERYFKRAD spots a vile creature moving in the night.
rHtH7Bk.png

We soon illuminate the problem to find our enemies - Androns.

While our starting position makes it impossible for us to get flanked, it does limit our opening moves and we're barely able to get up a perimeter.
denq9x5.jpg

Across the Great Wall, the soldier comes under heavy fire. Yeah... good luck with that bro :M
xPcU88u.png

More robots come at us from the North, but their aversion to sticky cover doesn't stop us from popping their moles.
I97rHAK.jpg

Unfortunately their sophistaced, strong armour does.

Kipeci darts around the corner to try and expand our lines into the workshop...
W88QrjJ.jpg

Oh fuck. Hot plasma rape incoming :salute:
H3R8afx.jpg

NTKBL0i.jpg

:smug: While this all looks fine and dandy, if Comte hadn't taken it down with her last TU's we had no firepower left and would have been at its mercy.

The flames left from the explosion light up another Andron Soldier. Whatever the risks we need to get our soldiers into better positions where they can shoot.
Pfmkms8.jpg

RIP. You managed to delay three or four aliens for two turns :salute:
mDf0VAz.jpg

Only Nevill had managed to put down any fire on the Androns above the coal train and they advance, a mix of cover and smoke causing it to miss its shot.
c5jIP3j.jpg

But that is only the beginning...
JlkiF53.jpg

...Kill or be killed :salute:

Part 4
4ZTpmYX.jpg

First blood goes to ERYFKRAD, hitting the closest Andron with a full blast from her Plasma Shotgun.

Fr9FVTK.jpg

Storyfag holds the line, trusting the stacked planks of wood to deflect any incoming plasma as he takes down one and wounds another.

hlkv9rL.jpg

The Scorpion takes the only clear shot she had - annihaliting one more alien.

ayRGOog.jpg

There's still a good number of Androns, Nevill weakening one enough for Ashery to finish it off with his Laser Sniper.

FsJoJRR.jpg

Comte pops yet another with an Electroshock. Why was I ever worried?

HnblEmX.jpg

Wolf armour holds up and Comte recieves minimal damage as one Andron stomps up and shoots her through the window. Its last act before she bursts it down with her own plasma weapon.

Lightbane holds his ground and the xenos cannot break through his guard.
3mwyDXG.jpg

His shield is fucked though. Good thing Nevill was equipped with a spare in her backpack.

Ashery makes the robot critically malfunction before Smashing Axe proves to be an excellent shot with pistol in addition to machine gun :salute:
kgpMbru.jpg

The rest of this half of the map is checked and cleared. There is another gap in the bisecting wall to the north of the map and the Plasma Charges in Nevill's backpack should make it possible to blow a third.
sUKi3fs.jpg

The guard we'd posted by the southern breach is attacked.
spxdgpY.jpg

Lightbane holds, distracting the Andron while Spekkio gets some shots off with her Laser Sniper.

We start splitting in two - a group to get through the top fence and others heading back to help Lightbane.
Srihi7j.jpg

0EYA0iO.jpg

Help is still a minimum of one turn away as we come under increasing pressure.

An alien tank is heard and spotted on the other side of the northern section.
fPoCAWU.png

The appearance of another Andron soldier and the damage sustained by Lightbane's new shield is too great for us to hold them at the gates.
uVlEys4.jpg

We have a mostly clear line of sight but absolutely no cover ourselves.
rrZulMJ.jpg

Bolts of plasma vaporise the air around Spekkio as she falls back, narrowly missing her bare hide.
S6rbwZf.jpg

We divert more and more Xenonauts to stem the flow of machinery flooding through.
GprEgu9.jpg

The Scorpion lets loose another rocket but there's still five who got through.
sEvl0lX.jpg

Comte starts our fightback, leaping over the link between the two carriages to down the nearest Andron with a single shot.
AxcUby9.jpg

But every other shot is shrugged off by the Androns...
fzVMQMH.jpg

...Nevill and ERYFKRAd were holding the north, but the alien tank made the first move.

1IuHQjq.jpg

Lightbane comes under more fire, cowering behind his shield as the xenos advance on him.

z05gJBC.jpg

Even more Androns advance systematically into the grinder, but it's the appearance of the Harridans that drive home the danger - we are going to be forced to divert all our firepower to taking down the Androns as they come into short range, leaving the Harridans free to snipe us from distance.

Part 5
Last turn the large drone made it personal for Nevill...
qPFhGXP.jpg

vtckZX0.jpg

..And is almost taken down along with the mechanical creation for it :M

Lightbane and Smashing Axe try and fail to gun down one Andron even when it's almost on top of our Xenonauts.
O7yUCfQ.jpg

Spekkio and Comte combine but also cannot kill their target.

Luckily for them Ulminati is on hand: two shots, two kills.
jVXHobH.jpg

The Plasma Cannon toting Andron has disappeared into the shadows - Storyfag has to waste his turn obscuring Lightbane so he has some chance of surviving.
B288xbK.jpg

2cmzlj2.jpg

Lightbane's shield melts beneath the onslaught of plasma, but he survives thanks to Storyfag's intervention.

fUWRffe.jpg

The Scorpion is made to dance as, for some unknown reason, the flanking Andron aims for her feet.

More plasma scorches the earth as she swings out of cover..
s9bXv9w.jpg

DwGX0mK.jpg

..And destroys her opposition after Kipeci's Laser Rifle proved too little.

ERYFKRAD was sent on a solo mission, scouting beyond the wall to find the full strength of the alien - 4 Andron Soldiers, 1 Andron Officer, 3 Harridan Soldiers, 1 Harridan Officer.
HvAofGw.jpg

ZZANx6w.jpg

We simply do not have enough firepower to stop them.

0KzavR6.jpg

Spekkio had dropped smoke to protect herself and The Scorpion as help arrives.

IwvPK4k.jpg

But it arrived too late.

RIP spekkio :salute:

pMRcK2K.jpg

Part 6
ERYFKRAD felt a ripple in the Force as spekkio died. Or maybe that was simply the xenos marksman hitting the car he was using for cover with a blast of plasma.
TC8dNfY.jpg

Smashing Axe covered Lightbane as he retreated.
Tfv87NN.jpg

Avoiding reaction fire from the Officer and amazingly scoring another kill with her Laser Pistol.

Comte moves into position to avenge spekkio.
CILqsoH.jpg

It may not bring her back - but sis' don't let sis' die cold and alone.

Storyfag supresses the Harridan besides the tank with a hit from his Laser Rifle.
4RfHWNJ.jpg

Ulminati finishes the job.

u6NMAmy.jpg

Nevill kills one more warrior and suppresses the Harridan behind the wall.

It isn't all one way - Ashery is hit.
KRiMNtO.jpg

JNlgHP1.jpg

But this is it. Ulminati locks, loads and destroys the Officer with a double-tap to the cranium.

The Harridan Officer had diverted to go duel ERYFKRAD, but she proves too manly.
nYcBe63.jpg

YpVhOyh.jpg

Suppression and a Plasma Cannon - it might not have enough TU's left to fire.

J13vkdG.jpg

Nevill's Scatter Laser takes down the final Andron. The other two Harridans had retreated beyond the wall.

M1xpQ6l.jpg

ERYFKRAD murders the helpless xenos.

qkMryie.jpg

Our Snipers set up with a clear line of fire.

Qo7PZTB.jpg

The remaining aliens try fighting back.

But victory is ours :salute:
yhQxJs1.jpg

bkdX2Jx.png

This terror mission will consist of two more parts. I'm going to try and avoid clones until our team has been well and truly buggered - and honestly I feel I've consistently had that little bit of luck throughout the entire save, I'm straddling the line between life and death yet keep drawing aces. I don't believe that is going to remain true for much longer.

MicoSelva - luck might count for two cases. I'm thinking we should capture an alien for the kitchens, they clearly bake potatoes just the perfect amount, not too crispy and not too raw :smug:

Last edited:
Marching Forward

Update 20: 1980/2/23 - 1980/3/1
Things are quieter in the following week, if such a word is applicable as multiple Massive UFO's are reported in multiple locations.
pTEf6Y7.jpg

Prosperland's interceptor squadron is almost torn apart as they fight a new UFO - dubbed now as a Strikecruiser.
66HnNdW.png

The Marauders of The Playground do not have the same issues, ripping apart a Carrier with no issue.
hQTMenq.png

After refueling and rearming they are back in the air, shooting down another Carrier over Africa as our sponsors assess our performance.
13E1CD1.jpg

Problem, convicts? You should have joined Cleve in his bunker while you still had the chance.
:troll:

Another Carrier is sent crashing to Earth by our amazing interceptors - we're building a third Marauder and just need a little bit more cash to finish it.
rNbkq2X.jpg

Comrade Elfberserker is equipped for her first mission.
HU0ibAc.png

Flying Spaghetti Monster is our first slanty-eyed recruit.
TlroGci.png

Aeschylus is entrusted with a suit of Mule Armour. This kit is worth twelve of your life, son, try not to bleed all over it :rpgcodex:
trfC0mM.jpg

We strike the Earth first in Africa, planning a double mission.
8XkvtQS.jpg

gHZ2jnr.jpg

A smokescreen is deployed because our fucking pilot dropped us in a position with zero cover.

lT5Q9xr.jpg

Nevill takes the virginity of her Plasma Caster, but she squirts wide of the target with most shots.

4aIzvx4.jpg

Most of our turn is used spreading out, but I don't feel we can leave the Shrike without completely exposing ourselves.

idBHG8o.jpg

Androns form up along the house to the North-West. Two bear the feared Plasma Cannon. Joy.

UGZNCLd.jpg

Nevill trusts in her teammates and nails the closest Cannon Andron.

CdL0IB2.jpg

The smokescreen is coming to bite us in the arse - an aimed shot from our sniper will not hit, we will need to advance into the jaws of death to get our shots off. Stiff upper lip, chaps :obviously:

b7MF9yr.jpg

Privates Aeschylus and Elfberserker combine to score a kill while Lightbane takes shots at the Andron just a few feet before him, his Laser Pistol not enough.

5ZQZovB.jpg

A Rocket from The Scorpion flies errant.

epS7PB7.jpg

Smashing Axe bravely advances, spotting another Andron and landing a good Electroshock.

yXCZt8F.jpg

Storyfag charges into cover, killing one alien but being unable to bring his Plasma Rifle to bear on higher priority targets.

We're quickly running out of options - Ulminati strides into the open, risking clear shots from the Alien Rifles.
WZw4Juf.jpg

He hits the Cannon robot, but it isn't enough.

GZmos4s.jpg

ERYFKRAD is thrown forward but her shotgun proves ineffective at this range.

Kashmir Slippers is the last man who can take down this monster...
GpGN49G.jpg

pz0zFyW.jpg

WHY WON'T YOU DIE!?
:x

qu8jstL.jpg

ERYFKRAD is hit by one bolt of plasma.

And here comes the pain...
OAgJejS.jpg

:rage:

5nm0oSM.jpg

RIP ERYFKRAD :salute:

LpAVLzO.jpg

CUvLzya.jpg

Kashmir Slippers scores a double after resisting the blast.

vrmZVqI.jpg

And Nevill blows a hole in the wall and Storyfag kills ERYFRAD's killer.

The damage is done, we've just lost our Xenonaut with the highest kill count, a veteran who has been with us from the start, and there is no body left to recover.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
My shieldmaiden is still going strong. Alien grenades, rockets ain't no thing to a good sturdy shield.

Oh, and, uh, my bad ERYFKRAD

My shieldmaiden is still going strong. Alien grenades, rockets ain't no thing to a good sturdy shield.

Oh, and, uh, my bad ERYFKRAD
You were a Heavy in your opening missions. The only reason you're not equipped in Power Armour is because I needed fresh meat on the line for the terror mission after Micoselva proved why the flesh is weak :M

You kicked ass with a Ballistic HMG, and then you kicked unprecedented levels of ass with a Laser Pistol. Shieldmaiden? I reckon I could let you duel wield Stun Batons and you'd still murder things.

RIP LP :salute:

Nevill killed you with a save-breaking bug, trying to reaction fire when she has no TU's - resulting in reaction fire that never ends. And as this was Ironman, there's only one save that loads to this exact point.
eD6rmez.png

Borked game to save her life I think :troll:
WtKrqip.jpg

Last edited:

Elfberserker

Liturgist
I-I am still alive!?

Anyway RIP ERYFKRAD, may you drink wine and score valkyries in Valhalla.

Finally good excuse to drink up that vodka.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
:dead:

This is why my "ironman" let's play had ironman turned off. Betas gonna beta. We actually had 2 game-breaking glitches in my let's play that I smoothed over by reloading latest save.

spekkio

Arcane
It's like LPs of Xenonauts are cursed, or something.

Similar bug happened to me too. Crashes once in a while as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom