Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Read Let's Read: The City

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Ke'eng Rat rippertear!

That was pretty cool. Maybe a bit trying too hard on all the sad drama, but mostly pretty cool, nice visuals. Thanks for posting.

Destroid

Arcane
Brother None said:
Ke'eng Rat rippertear!

That was pretty cool. Maybe a bit trying too hard on all the sad drama, but mostly pretty cool, nice visuals. Thanks for posting.

If you have been reading the other comics I've been posting you will have noticed that I enjoy comics more for their visual aspects than believable characters and intricate stories. I feel the medium is more forgiving of simple stories than books or tv/film, and where it really shines is when the art takes a leading role. Of course, there are exceptions like the Watchmen which had pretty average art but was an excellent read.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Destroid said:
Brother None said:
Ke'eng Rat rippertear!

If you have been reading the other comics I've been posting you will have noticed that I enjoy comics more for their visual aspects than believable characters and intricate stories. I feel the medium is more forgiving of simple stories than books or tv/film, and where it really shines is when the art takes a leading role. Of course, there are exceptions like the Watchmen which had pretty average art but was an excellent read.
Watchmen? Average art? Bro, the comic experimented on panel layouts and framing to a significant degree, and Dave Gibbons' art combined with John Higgins' colouring is beautifully built on classical comic book visuals, along with expanding the methods in which comic art can be used to tell a story.

Destroid

Arcane
Vaarna_Aarne said:
Destroid said:
Brother None said:
Ke'eng Rat rippertear!

Watchmen? Average art? Bro, the comic experimented on panel layouts and framing to a significant degree, and Dave Gibbons' art combined with John Higgins' colouring is beautifully built on classical comic book visuals, along with expanding the methods in which comic art can be used to tell a story.

I have no experience with classic comic book visuals and relatively little experience with western comic tradition (and nothing older than Watchmen), can't say I noticed that stuff. The art did grow on me over time, but I found it quite repellent initially.

Canus

Savant
It's been years since I've seen anything drawn in this sorta style. Reminds me of some of the old Chaos illustrations from Warhammer.

Canus

Savant
Ah I apparently can't read.
Any other comics like this one that you could recommend?

Destroid

Arcane
A lot of the people here compared it to Blame!, which is quite similar in a lot of ways (and very good). Ian Miller has illustrated another graphic novel, The Luck in the Head written by M. John Harrison but I haven't tracked it down yet.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Been a while since I read this. Last saw it when it was first posted. Fuck me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom