Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's roam the Mean Streets ! - A Tex Murphy Cinematic Adventure

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Next page, incoming!

Too slow :oops:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
poster.jpg

ms-logo.png

We've got the cards, we've got the guns, we've got the girls, we've got the money !

Have we got the will, the means and the badassery to crack this conspiracy like a rotten egg ? - You bet your ass we do.

Code:
Chapter 9 :
___ _  _ ____    ___  _ ____    _  _ ____ _  _ ____ _  _ ____ 
 |  |__| |___    |__] | | __    |__| |  | |\ | |    |__| |  | 
 |  |  | |___    |__] | |__]    |  | |__| | \| |___ |  | |__|

We've also got sexy assistants and we will use them ! Let's check those names we found in the Law and Order HQ :

ms_6544_resize.png

Vanessa1.png
Sorry Tex, I can't seem to find anything on him.

Tex1.png
How about Melba Wiedbush and Stanford Demille ?

Vanessa.png
Sure thing, I'm sending you a fax.

ms_6558_resize.png
ms_6556_resize.png

So, we'll have to spend money for Bazil...

ms_6571_resize.png

Lee.png
For 200$ I can help you.

Tex1.png
Fine, tell me what you know.

Lee.png
Talk to sonny Fletcher, he should know Mallory's whereabouts.

Tex1.png
Thanks for nothing, Lee.

Let's head to Melba first.

ms_6589_resize.png

ms_6595_resize.png

Tex1.png
Whoa, look at the time! I have to go. :tips fedora:

Thankfully we didn't have to pay for that info. Next stop : Standford Demille :

ms_6599_resize.png

As soon as we land , a bunch of trigger-happy scumbags welcome us. We leave them scattered on the street.

ms_6626_resize.png

A welcoming committee means that Demille is somehow connected with all this. Let's see who he is...

ms_6628_resize.png
ms_6629_resize.png

Tex1.png
Goddamn lawyers.

Bah, another worthless drone. Our only lead left is Mallory and Sonny Fletcher supposedly knows him :

ms_6645_resize.png

ms_6662_resize.png

Sonny+Fletcher.png
No way - I've got nothing to say.

Tex1.png
Yeah, right. How much, you sleazy bastard ?

Sonny+Fletcher.png
Go to hell Murphy! Well... Maybe $700 will refresh my memory.

Tex1.png
FINE. Now talk.

ms_6671_resize.png

All this bribing is fucking up our retirement plan. From now on we're gonna stick to collar-grabbing. Let's meet this Mallory guy...

ms_6675_resize.png

Hey, look, it's our shiny aryan porcelain friends :

ms_6685_resize.png
ms_6690_resize.png

...now just plain pieces of porcelain.

ms_6692_resize.png

"I see dirty dishes in the sink and on the table. I open a closet door and find Mallory hiding out. The only way this guy could be useful to society is as a bad example."

Tex1.png
Well, well, look what I found in the closet. How are you doing, pal ?

ms_6703_resize.png

Tex1.png
Mallory, it's high time you came out of the closet. :smug:

Mallory.png
You're a fool to think they'll let you get away with this.

Tex1.png
You should be more concerned about your sorry ass. Start talking, the key word today is "Overlord".

Mallory.png
No way, I've got nothing to say !

ms_6709_resize.png

Mallory.png
I'm warning you, pal, I know martial arts !

bud.gif

brofist.png

Tex1.png
My Tex-Fu is better than your thug-fu !

Mallory.png
OK, OK , I'll talk !

Tex1.png
I'm all ears.

Mallory.png
Overlord is the master plan to set up the Law and Order Party as the legitimate ruling party of the world, but it won't be me in charge.

Tex1.png
Who is the man in charge then ?

Mallory.png
Robert Knott is the president of the Law and Order party. Some day he'll lead the world !

Tex1.png
Not likely. So, here comes the million dollar question, where is the Nexus mainframe ?

ms_6747_resize.png

It seems he needs some more softening up.

brofist.png
brofist.png

Mallory.png
Stop! I'll talk ! MTC has a secret laboratory located on Alcatraz (NC 4550). We are developing a Mind Control Device which will help us rule the world !

Tex1.png
And the mainframe is there ?

Mallory.png
Yes.

Tex1.png
You're a swell guy, Mallory. Now go back into the closet, shit is about to hit the fan.

At last we have the location!

ms_6770_resize.png

ms_6785_resize.png

Is that Alcatraz I see in the distance ?

clint.gif

Yep :smug:

ms_6791_resize.png

ms_6795_resize.png

Tex1.png
Hmm, this place seems desert-

SOCKO.jpg

"As I step out of my speeder, two Law & Order thugs jump out of the shadows. One of them slams the butt of his weapon against my head, and turns out my lights.

When the lights come back on, they're bright and unfocused, and my head feels like it was used as a football.

I try to make out the image standing in front of me, but it's impossible. All I can see is a silhouette. "Sit down over there.", I hear a voice say...

bigboss.png
Welcome, Mr. Murphy, you were expected.

Whoa, he sure looks like a dickhead.

Tex1.png
Thanks for the warm hospitality.

bigboss.png
I'm afraid I've been playing a game of chess with you. I knew someone would try to stop us from purifying this sick society, and I needed the passcards and passwords to make sure that didn't happen.

Tex1.png
And that's when the killings started.

bigboss.png
Yes, I ordered Knott and Slade to kill the scientists when their work on project OVERLORD was done, and gather up the passcards. They didn't have much luck finding them. I used you as a pawn to locate the cards for me, you did a great job.

Tex1.png
Stop it, you're making me blush.

bigboss.png
Now that I have them, nothing can stop Overlord from being implemented. We've planted microchips in key officials through business and government and they're under our control. They, in turn, will control the population. We'll rid society of all undesirables and purify the human race, and I'll control mankind's destiny.

Tex1.png
It seems you have it all figured out. Why don't you step closer and tell me all this to my face ?

bigboss.png
No, I don't think so. I find it's better to remain anonymous. Goodbye, Mr. Murphy, you're a worthy opponent, but I'm afraid this is checkmate.

Tex1.png
You're forgetting something !

bigboss.png
What's that ?

Tex1.png
...If you kill me right here I'll... bleed all over your shiny floor !

bigboss.png
Ha ha. No I won't kill you just yet... perhaps there could be a place for such a resourceful individual in my new Order... under MY control, of course. I'll store you in a safe place until I decide what to do with you.

ms_6809_resize.png

the-prisoner-o.gif

:rage:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
poster.jpg

ms-logo.png

Played for a fool, ambushed, imprisoned and let to rot in the bowels of the Alcatraz ruins. There's only one thing left to do...

escapealcatraz1.jpg

Code:
Chapter 9 :
____ ____ ____ ____ ___  ____    ____ ____ ____ _  _    ____ _    ____ ____ ___ ____ ____ ___  
|___ [__  |    |__| |__] |___    |___ |__/ |  | |\/|    |__| |    |    |__|  |  |__/ |__|   /  
|___ ___] |___ |  | |    |___    |    |  \ |__| |  |    |  | |___ |___ |  |  |  |  \ |  |  /__

ms_6813_resize.png

They've thrown us into the boiler room.

Tex1.png
Hah ! Those morons didn't take any of my items, I'll be out of here in a moment's notice.

That floor grate might be a way out. We still have that power grill in our pocket.

ms_6869_resize.png
ms_6872_resize.png

Fuck, too small. All that remains in to taste the hole :

ms_6876_resize.png

Tex1.png
Prison does strange things to you...

Ok, floor grate doesn't help, but that vent on the wall looks promising. We grab our trusty screwdriver and get to work.

ms_6892_resize.png

Dammit.

Hey, there's another vent above the door, I'm sure that's the one !

ms_6914_resize.png
ms_6916_resize.png

:rage:

Tex1.png
Now I see why they didn't take any of my stuff. Where's McGyver when you need him ?

Ok, vents might be a classic video game escape route, but this shit don't fly here. We should have a closer look at our surroundings.

ms_6815_resize.png

Hmm, fire suppression system for the Boiler, most likely. Let's have a look inside this big baby...

ms_6826_resize.png

FUUUUUUU+copy.png

Crispy but at least not virginous. OK, let's search some more. Underneath the boxes we find :

ms_6853_resize.png

Keys are always nice. We turn our attention to the table, there's a note there.

ms_6855_resize.png

Furnace Safety Instructions :

1) Use remote control panel to open furnace door when in operation.

2) Never leave furnace door open for extended periods, this constitutes a serious fire hazard.

Interesting. We move closer to right panel and inside a box there's an...

ms_6882_resize.png

We can use it to filter the furnace's fumes. Now let's see if we can open those furnace doors remotely :

ms_6899_resize.png

ms_6902_resize.png

The sprinklers turn on and...

ms_6904_resize.png

A maintenance bot enters the room ! Now is the time to get the hell out of here !!

ms_6906_resize.png

The bot closes the furnace door, and turns around. We must hurry, but goddamned walking speed is fixed in this game...

ms_6909_resize.png

Come on, come on ...

ms_6938_resize.png

:SLAM:

ms_6940_resize.png

Tex1.png
Crap ! I can't believe maitenance bots are faster than me !

Oh well, we can alwasy repeat the process. Now that we know what to do we should be able to make it in time:

:SLAM:

ms_6941_resize.png

:x

Ok Tex, focus. Bot... door... GO !

ms_6946_resize.png

YES ! this time we're ahead of the bot !

ms_6949_resize.png

Adios bitches !

ms_6950_resize.png

ms_6951_resize.png

ms_6953_resize.png

:what:

mad-at-theinternet.gif

I don't know if emulation speed is to blame, but this shit is frustrating. Anyway, after severe athletic training :

Tex1.png
FUCK YEAH, I'm out !

:bravo:

ms_6961_resize.png

Time to break this gang to pieces.

ms_6963_resize.png

ms_6976_resize.png

And after this amusing intermission we finally reach our destination.

ms_6984_resize.png

A self-destruct button, nice.

ms_6987_resize.png

Again it's a race against time. We must insert the passcards and enter the corresponding password.

ms_6990_resize.png

ms_6996_resize.png

At some point a face appears on the screen :

ms_7058_resize.png

Tex1.png
Gideon ! I should have known, you damn chess fetishist.

Gideon.png
Let's make a deal ! Name your price, and I'll give you ANYTHING !

Tex1.png
Shut up and give me some silence.

Gideon.png
STOP, MURPHY ! Don't be a fool. I'll make you my partner. PLEASE STOP !

The thing is that if you take too long listening to Gideon's whining, the security system turns on and the laser canons start shooting...

ms_7064_resize.png

ms_7065_resize.png

Well, we can't let the world fall into chaos, can we ?

No we can't. We enter all the passwords quickly and the destruct sequence starts !

ms_7078_resize.png

Tex1.png
Checkmate muthafuckaaa !

ms_7084_resize.png

ms_7093_resize.png

ms_7109_resize.png

:yeah:

ms_7114_resize.png

Tex is such a gentleman. We head over to Sylvia's appartment...

ms_7119_resize.png

WHOA, SHIT JUST GOT REAL

I knew I was in trouble
when she answered the door.

If looks could kill,
I'd be splattered all over the pavement.

Her voice was trembling.

Sylvia.png
How could you think for a moment that I'd murder my own father ?

Tex1.png
I'm sorry. It was the insurance that threw mw off.

Sylvia.png
Hmph.

Tex1.png
Is there anything I can do to make it up for you ?

ms_7136_resize.png

Jeremiah-Johnson-nod.gif

ms_7144_resize.png

ms_7149_resize.png

ms_7168_resize.png

ms_7170_resize.png

ms_7188_resize.png

adois.gif

Last edited:

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath

Good LP, ghostdog, though admittedly the later parts weren't as funny as the earlier ones. Oh well, still an enjoyable read.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Is it possible to reach the end game without all the passcards and passwords in the glorious tradition of old scholl adventure games of late game dead ends?

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Is it possible to reach the end game without all the passcards and passwords in the glorious tradition of old scholl adventure games of late game dead ends?
Yeah, I think it's quite possible, but I never got there. It's much easier to dead-end yourself by forgetting to write down something than to get stuck in endgame.

You really need to do some actual detective work in this game :

TEXnotes01.jpg

TEXnotes02.jpg

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath
Those notes are p. impressive. If you ever go back to bloodnet, I imagine you'll end up with pages like those.

KickAss

Augur
Nice!
Thanks ghostdog!

I would've done a web with lines that signify connections between people for my notes..

breech

Novice
I signed up after reading this thread to say - nice work ghostdog! Great way to spend a slow Sunday arvo. I'm off to find more..

:thinks to self: I hope this isnt a one-off thread..

padraigG81

Barely Literate
Also another signer-upper after reading this thread :P doing it along side my playthrough and ive found something you will all be kicking yourselves over! :what:
the GNOP password is obviously pong...and when put into a pc you can play pong for money!:fuuyeah:I know im late to the party but i bring gifts :kwafuckyeah:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I know I am very late to the party, but I just wanted to say THANKS (I know it's very uncodexian) for the manly tears of nostalgia this LP gave me. :salute:
It was one of the first games I got on the PC, so it holds a very special place in my heart. On top of that my english skill at the time was "beginner", so to solve the passwords riddle, I actually had to ask my english teacher to help me out. See kids: you can learn important things at school!
Later I bought the remake-ish "Tex Murphy: Overseer", but it couldn't live up to the original. Can't even remember bits about it aside from the last disc wrongly named, so I had to burn it myself to finish it. And got a refund.

Also... IIRC the Linsky girl said "lower Tex!" or something like that in the outro, which... I had no idea what she meant at the time. :oops:

:bro:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom