Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's rule DUNE

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Wanting quality and only finding lack of it.

Also pulling my hair out because people are praising this shit. Fuck that. I'm going back to SA.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Truth is that just posting a big batch of continuous images doesn't make a LP.

meetdug

Novice
Sceptic said:
I believe our majestic horse is referring to rule #3 of LPs: a series of screenshots does not a good LP make.
i'm posting gameplay , i don't want to read some in-between faggy comments of the guy who made lp , i'm taking in account that you all have brains and can figure out by yourself what's in the picture.
you want the game or my commenting ? if you want the latter go read some faggy teen magazine.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Sceptic said:
I believe our majestic horse is referring to rule #3 of LPs: a series of screenshots does not a good LP make.

And I feel inclined to agree.

meetdug

Novice
update1-36.jpg

As pictured above.

And falls on her ass, which prompts Squall to do the right thing; asking if she's alright.

taken from horses LP , that's good ? that's insult to intelligence , commenting on every picture like for a 3 yr old

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
meetdug said:
Sceptic said:
i'm posting gameplay , i don't want to read some in-between faggy comments of the guy who made lp , i'm taking in account that you all have brains and can figure out by yourself what's in the picture.
Oh, that's cool. I'm taking in account that you have the brainpower to understand everything that's wrong with this pile of excrements you've let loose.

edit: The whole "character stands around forever and just waits for disaster" is very dear to me. Don't take that away from me.

Cassidy

Arcane
I never expected that the LP of a completely not polemic game would spawn far more drama than Alpha Protocol LP.

But yes, at least write an overview of the gameplay and of the strategies and tactics you used along the way.

meetdug

Novice
Andyman Messiah said:
meetdug said:
Sceptic said:
Oh, that's cool. I'm taking in account that you have the brainpower to understand everything that's wrong with this pile of excrements you've let loose.

you didn't give a ONE SINGLE argument why this is "pile of excrements"

now don't go double standard on me , either you give arguments or fuck off , i'm not here to play hide and seek. Figuring on your own what you see and figuring out what is in someones else head are 2 different things so fuck off smartass ,

arguments or gtfo

Tails

Arbiter
meetdug said:
taken from horses LP , that's good ? that's insult to intelligence , commenting on every picture like for a 3 yr old
With comments LP are just more enjoyable, no matter if they got lulz in every sentence or are just plain serious. Without comments this LP feels just weird, in such way I can play game on my own if you know what I mean. Also what Cassidy said, you could at least write what will be your next big move or strategy.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Do your thing, cumrag. I really don't have the time to lecture someone who doesn't want to be lectured in the first place. There's arguments all over the place anyway. Get your head out and open your eyes.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
A big load of images doesn't work. It gets tiresome for the viewer/reader. You need to have variety in your presentation. People want to hear how you experience the game and would also like you to comment on things you find strange/funny.

How the hell could you leave that uncommented ? :
winuae2010080912370193.jpg

The easy thing is to just post a series of pictures.

meetdug

Novice
Andyman Messiah said:
Do your thing, cumrag. I really don't have the time to lecture someone who doesn't want to be lectured in the first place. There's arguments all over the place anyway. Get your head out and open your eyes.

'lecture' is a big word for someone who cannot even spew out one single significant argument , but can spew verbal diarrhea.
Yes other gave arguments , but you were just a douche from the start ,

you got butthurt because this 'pile of excrements ' got praise which your 'supa dupa LPs with comments' got shit probably :smug: , see how you are easy to decipher.
Seem that your LPs have some personal value for you , that's why you reacted like this on this 'shit' and told everyone to 'fuck off'.

Horsie didn't get codexian loving ? boo hoo cry me a river , i'm not posting LPs to be praised or enlarge my ego like you ,

I'm posting this LP because i like this game.

meetdug

Novice
ghostdog said:
A big load of images doesn't work. It gets tiresome for the viewer/reader. You need to have variety in your presentation. People want to hear how you experience the game and would also like you to comment on things you find strange/funny.

How the hell could you leave that uncommented ? :
winuae2010080912370193.jpg

The easy thing is to just post a series of pictures.

actualy i did comment on that by saying as paul "Yes I know that father , but what do you want ? "

which was not in the game , i made it up

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Alright, fuck it. I got beers.

You seem to understand the basics of transcribing text. It's just too fucking bad you only use it for 5% of all text. The rest is just PICTURESPICTURESPICTURES. This shit slows things down, isn't very exciting to look at and annoys the shit out of me!

Aside from the small info blurb on the first post, we don't know shit about this fucking game! You're expecting us to know how everything works. Big fucking problem, friend. I don't care that I know how to play this. I've beaten it a number of times, but I care that there might be someone that don't, and they go in here and see this fucking mess. Looks intriguing but the guy never explains anything. Fuck that! Why are we doing this? What the fuck is all this weird sci-fi nonsense? Explain that shit. Provide trivia. Have you read the books? Post hentai of Baron Harkonnen. Whatever! Make your LP interesting.

If you're lping an old, fairly obscure game it's pretty much your job to advertise it to a new generation. That came out more serious than LP should be quite frankly, but you're doing a shitty job nonetheless and I'm going to be drunk in an hour so I don't care.

It also helps if you put some kinda fucking context in there for us. I cannot believe anyone would want a fucking visual fucking walkthrough without the actual fucking walking fucking through part. And when the time come to kick Harkonnen ass (which is about fucking now since you went fucking Barry Allen on the game), fill us in on what you're doing to kick their asses.

There you go. I'm so fucking friendly. Fuck this shit.

Drakron

Arcane
I dislike riffing even more that commentary.

A LP does not require either, its just Let's Play ... I understand the use of commentary in guides as they point out strategy but riffing requires being able to do comedy ... Unskippable is a fine of example how it can go terrible wrong.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Unskippable, of course, is brought to us by The Escapist so I completely understand. I have never seen an episode but I have a lively imagination.

meetdug

Novice
Now that's better horsie :smug:

I won't fucking stand if i'm a cumrug without proper argumentation

but i can be a lowlife dipshit if you say it nicely like you did :smug:

I'll take that into consideration for the future

And when the time come to kick Harkonnen ass (which is about fucking now since you went fucking Barry Allen on the game), fill us in on what you're doing to kick their asses

gonna take some time for that , also i got hammered at one point because i went the wrong way and it slowed my progress

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I agree with horsie myself. I wish this game was lp'd by a prestigious member of our magazine.

Can we clone you ghostdog?

SoupNazi

One thing I'd just like to mention is that you don't add space before a comma, please "take that into consideration for the future".

Also this LP is banal, shit, boring.

MetalCraze

Arcane
meetdug said:
Sceptic said:
i'm posting gameplay , i don't want to read some in-between faggy comments of the guy who made lp , i'm taking in account that you all have brains and can figure out by yourself what's in the picture..

You completely miss the whole point of LP.
Going through series of screenshots gets boring after 2 minutes. Especially when someone already played and completed the game. A good LP'er always adds a new perspective to what's going on in the game - that's what makes LPs good.

Failout 3 is a terrible and boring shit but look how DriacKin's LP made looking at screenshots radiating retardation fun. That and Locue's FF7 LP are one of the prime examples of solid LPs here. Mass Effect LP with renegade Shepard watching paragon Shepard going through the same railroad was also great but I forgot the author (and I don't think it was ever finished).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom