Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's see Codex reach the stars! [Finished]

Morkar Left

Carry on! Looks like a freak version of a paradox game. I wonder if combat is equally detailed like the rest of the game.

Destroid

Arcane
It might be a while before we see it, but from what I have read the combat is quite complex. The 5 second time advance button is for combat.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Year 2010

Current status of Codexia:

61kRq.jpg

U52GS.jpg

So we lost 2007-until now because of a BSOD and Notepad++ which I'll disregard now and stick with Chrome.

Some research and ground units happen but nothing major.

Year 2011
1st January 2011

HURRAH!

Amber and Amethyst, our first two Omega class GEV's (GEological survey Vessel) are ready! Captain Sophia Ross (Survey 10%) commands Amber while Amethyst is led by Commander Rachel Weston (Survey 10%). The first starship captains of Codexia are both... FEMALE?!?!

<insert tranny poster here>

Omega class GEV said:
Omega class Geological Survey Vessel 4700 tons 208 Crew 630 BP TCS 94 TH 200 EM 0
2127 km/s Armour 1-24 Shields 0-0 Sensors 5/5/0/5 Damage Control 1 PPV 0
Maintenance Capacity 84 MSP

Nuclear Pulse Engine E0.8 Commercial (2) Power 100 Fuel Use 8% Armour 0 Exp 1%
Fuel Capacity 50,000 Litres Range 239.3 billion km (1302 days at full power)

Thermal Sensor TH1-5 (1) Sensitivity 5 Detect Signature 1000: 5m km
EM Detection Sensor EM1-5 (1) Sensitivity 5 Detect Strength 1000: 5m km
Geological Survey Sensors (5) 5 Survey Points

This ship is classed as a commercial vessel for maintenance purposes

They also have TH and EM sensors, just so they can keep an extra eye out while surveying - they will be our first eyes and ears in the outer system.

Allrighty, how do we operate them? That's simple, just follow this illustrated guide!

First, press F12 to bring up Fleet Orders / Task Groups window:

QiKjm.jpg

Then we'll create a new Task Group (TG from now on):

xFu2w.jpg

and rename it to something fitting, like "GeoSurvey". Then we assign Amber and Amethyst into this TG from the default Shipyard TG they were sent in.

PaOMj.jpg

We want both ships in a single TG for now. Then we give the TG it's special and conditional orders:

liJ1G.jpg

Default orders are what the TG will do if the player does not give the TG any orders. Conditional orders are what the TG will execute only after the condition is met - then they will override default and manual orders.

• Survey Next Five System Bodies - this sends the TG to do Geological Surveys but in a "smart" manner, where it calculates the shortest route between five objects and thus speeds up the process and saves fuel. Unfortunately, it does not communicate with any other Survey-TG in-system.
  • Refuel in Current System - after the TG finds that there are no more bodies to survey, it will refuel in-system and as the only refueling station is on Earth, this essentially sends the TG back home so I don't have to hunt around for it.
  • Current Speed not Max - Accelerate! - this ensures that the TG moves at maximum velocity at all times, as sometimes the TG can get "stuck" with a lower velocity for some reason.
  • Fuel less than 50% - Refuel! - this ensures that the TG does not get stranded anywhere. Fifty percent is quite cautious but since we don't have any other ships yet, it's better to be cautious, especially when they decide to go comet-hunting.

The most important principle of efficient fleet management is to use the default and conditional orders effectively. Otherwise you'll be drowned in micro when the number of fleets and TGs grow.

Finally, we go to the Task Group Orders tab to give the TG a single manual order to do first:

lCBEe.jpg

There is no point in having two GEVs or GSVs in a TG together. This order automatically splits up the TG while ensuring that both the parent TG and child TG have the exact same conditional and default orders, so we don't have to input them twice. If we ever need to get the ships together again, we can just order the parent TG to hunt down and absord the child TGs. Not that useful with only two ships - but you think of having a six ships in a TG, or four-hundred Fast Attack Crafts and the importance of such a feature becomes clear!

Allrighty, that's enough lessons. Let's watch!

eL1cO.jpg

5 seconds later:

A0ju1.jpg

5 minutes later:

pviOT.jpg

2 minutes later:

XuAZ0.jpg

Oh, a word about the ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival), it's days:hours:minutes. The little m behind distance means "millions of kilometres". Velocity is obvious.

Let's jump a little more - 8 hours later:

Gx8tr.jpg

Well, Luna is getting surveyed and the journey to Mercury is well under way! Okay, that's probably not that exciting so let's jump a month ahead and see what pops up.

1st February 2011

Slightly disappointing that neither Mercury nor Luna had no TN-minerals for us. Venus and Mars, however, did:

bs5y5.jpg

Mars is pretty poor, whereas Venus has massive deposits of three minerals - that are not very important. Still, we're not going to lack either Boronide, Vendarite or Uridium!

We're going to assign both the status of "colony" now, so that we can send a proper geological team on-site and appoint a Governor for both.

F9 brings up the system summary:

saIB5.jpg

The capital M infront of a body means that it has been surveyed and it contains TN-minerals. Capital S means that it has been surveyed and found... lacking. Again, they can still be colonized - which is why I would have preferred Mars to be empty instead of Mercury since there's no point in trying to terraform Mercury. Oh well. I click "Add Colony" on both Venus and Mars:

tW0Ie.jpg

TA-DAA! That "A0 required" means that it has no Governor and it requires one of at least rank zero. Which is suitable for an empty piece of rock - which is why they only have title "Human" above them, meaning that Humans have claimed both. Next task, governors! F4 gets us to leadership:

frKzC.jpg

I assigned Amber Forster to Venus to gain experience for her. We're not going to do anything important with Venus for a while and Ms.Forster is our only A1-level administrator. Mars is a different, however, so I sent Samantha Thomson there - as she has bonuses (bonii?) to both Mining and Terraforming, both activities that will commence on Mars shortly.

Finally we got to assigning the Geological Survey teams. Using them is very, very important as they can find new veins and/or improve the accessibility of existing ones. So here we go,

TEAM VENUS:
UlHHc.jpg

TEAM MARS:
AWdpb.jpg

Fingers crossed that they will be very successful - mineral starvation is not a pretty sight.

1st April 2011

News from Venus:

ZUfj1.jpg

This is disappointing news. Not only is Gallicite a secondary TN-mineral, the accessibility is pathetic 0.1 AND the team is finished as well. Shit. Hopefully Mars will get better results.

Meanwhile, Asteroid #58 has been found to have some minerals, so it's claimed and a geo-team put on it. Hopefully the boys and girls will have fun spending couple of months in space suits. Furthermore, there are two comets and 367 asteroids, plus few dozen moons yet to survey...

1st July 2011

Four more asteroids are found to have TN-minerals. Geo-teams and governors dispatched.

1st September 2011

Just so I can explain another screen, here's TG GeoSurvey II history/command tab:

gG30V.jpg

Senior officer is the most senior one present in the TG, whose skills are used by the TG fully.
Senior officer in system is the oldest brass in system, whose skills are not really utilized much, AFAIK.
Task Force commander is stuck at Earth, commanding Fleet HQ, as we haven't created a real TF to command this TG. His skills are applied as 50% to a TG, unless he has a flag-ship amongst the TG/TF in which case it gets fully applied.

And as you can see from the history view, it has been a busy little geosurvey!

1st December 2011

More asteroids with minerals found! I've renamed them all and assigned governors. Time to design and start building mining ships - except I haven't researched the damn module yet! I had overlooked this but no worries, Ewan Richards gets his orders and 8 labs full of assistants! Results better come quickly!

Year 2012

1st August 2012

Damn, Earth has exhausted her supply of Tritanium:

8qztk.jpg

Luckily the projected requirements do not exhaust our stockpile but I'll have to be careful with it. Getting more Tritanium will be the #1 task for our Asteroid Miner Fleet when we get it built.

1st November 2012

Some recent survey results:

jkYLo.jpg

Our Tritanium worries are over as soon as I can plop a Mass Driver and a few dozen Automated Mines on Io. Titania is pretty rich too and most importantly, Saturnus has plenty of Sorium in gaseous shape. I'll have to design a fuel harvester and send her to Saturnus.

Year 2013

ITZ DIDN'T COME! Woop woop woo-

Okay... moving on:

1st January 2013

uScTM.jpg

FOR FUCK'S SAKE AND WOO-HOO! Mixing news. More stuff at asteroids and Mars is good news but getting my best Construction & Production scientist killed in an "accident" sucks donkey balls. Oh well, at least Kian Godfrey's team didn't call it a day yet - they should find more.

1st August 2013

Ewan, my boy, came through and his prototype works well so off to mass production. Time to design our first Asteroid Miner!

Gamma class AM said:
Gamma class Asteroid Miner 31,300 tons 637 Crew 883.5 BP TCS 626 TH 400 EM 0
638 km/s Armour 1-88 Shields 0-0 Sensors 1/1/0/0 Damage Control Rating 1 PPV 0
Maint Capacity 18 MSP Max Repair 120 MSP
Asteroid Miner: 5 module(s) producing 50 tons per mineral per annum

Nuclear Pulse Engine E0.8 Commercial (4) Power 100 Fuel Use 8% Signature 100 Armour 0 Exp 1%
Fuel Capacity 150,000 Litres Range 107.7 billion km (1953 days at full power)

This design is classed as a Commercial Vessel for maintenance purposes

Slow as fuck, big and ugly - but serves its purpose. Five mining modules ensures steady mining process and it has enough fuel so it can stay out for a long, long, long time. Vancouver Shipyards, our only commercial SY, is the only one big enough to build these monsters, as it can handle hulls up to 34,000 tons. Retooling should be done by 24th November 2014. Damn unions!

Year 2014

1st August 2014

Our first, Trans-Newtonian era ground division is finished:

4g7g0.jpg

Yeehaw!

1st December 2014

Re-tooling is done and production is started on our first two Asteroid Miners, Frunze and Murmansk:

ETodM.jpg

Almost two years! Oh well, big ships take time.

And that's it for this update! We've covered quite a few years and Codexian stellar empire is slowly but surely, taking its first steps beyond its cradle.

Destroid

Arcane
Azira said:
Frunze and Murmansk? I hope you're not thinking up these names for yourself.. :M

You can select themes for the names of personnel and ships (independently), of course you can always rename anything to whatever you like.

EDIT: How do you assign people to the Task Force Commander and Staff Officers?

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Leadership menu, select "Naval officers" and then from under "Potential Assignments" switch it to "Staff officers". You also need to select a rank that has people in it. Fleet HQ commander is automatically TF commander for every TG unless you create new ones.

Destroid

Arcane
Man... it's a lot of work getting a set of missile systems and accompanying sensors and fire controls up and running.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Well, these are the pictures I had:

ghG0M.jpg

Survey team getting some results

kTG8N.jpg

Mineral situation at the first asteroid we're mining.

SB1eY.jpg

And mineral situation at Earth - we've run out of three TN-minerals now.

Destroid

Arcane
I've hammered out 15 years or so of play - not a single crash yet. Have you checked the forums for possible causes?

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
No, I should do that. And it's weird that there's no CTD or freeze/up or anything - just straight to BSOD. And I've never had them on this laptop before.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I've had such on my previous computer. It was due to an overheating graphics card. Seems a tad unlikely with the game in question, but not impossible.

Highly annoying if you haven't saved your game for a while, and suddenly the computer reboots out of the blue. :x

I fixed the problem temporarily by cleaning the inside of the cabinet carefully, t'was quite dusty. My permanent fix was buying a new computer. :smug:

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Resources seem to be running out quite fast.

Also thats a lot of time spent while only having one planet to order around. How many planets are there usually later? Dozens, hundreds?

Destroid

Arcane
I believe default generation makes 1000 systems, but most of the planets are worthless as the TN minerals are fairly uncommon. You can still colonise them of course, and you will get extra money from taxing civilian trade between them, but I've yet to see a need in my game as I've had a strong positive wealth income from the very start.

Ashery

Prophet
From what I've been reading, wealth actually becomes one of the bottlenecks later on. Early on, especially with conventional starts, you're just unable to spend it quickly enough.

Elim

Augur
Project: Eternity
Thanks for doing this LP GarfunkeL. Learned a lot and did start playing it myself. When is the next Update coming? :oops:

Btw there is a new Patch out, but it is advised to start a new Game.

Destroid

Arcane
Combat is pretty funny... I encountered some aliens one system over. So far my experience of combat has been: Hit turn button, all my shit is dead. Protip - turn your active sensors on if you don't want nasty surprises. In fact, practical sensor and fire control design is probably the trickiest part of ship design, as far as I can tell. People have also posted a lot of ships designs on the forums which can point you in the right direction.

You might also consider turning maintenance off, it's a giant micro involved pain in the ass.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Year 2020

1st January 2020

Don't make the mistake of assigning ships under construction to any other TG than the Shipyard one - as otherwise the other TG is held up at the shipyard until the new ships are finished. Meaning that our infrastructure hauling operation just went on hold for two years.

1st March 2020

Geo-survey team found additional stuff at "Mine me #16" (yeah, fucking stupid names I gave them) - shitload of Duranium, which will be very useful. So I abandoned the "colony" that didn't really exist anyway, in the hopes that civilian industry would claim the place - asteroids with rich deposits are better left for the civilians to mine while you use your government asteroid miners for ones with poor deposits.

1st April 2020

Yeah! Civilian mining complex was established on "Mine me #16". I immediately purchase their output.

1st May 2020

The civilian shipyard AESA came on-line.

1st June 2020

The military shipyard Gotaverken came on-line. It'll specialize on small FACs, just like Wärtsilä is specializing on large FACs.

Additional Duranium was found on "Mine me #14" but the amounts are so tiny that I won't turn it over to the civilians.

1st October 2020

Our first Civilian liner was just launched! Henry Marine commissioned their very first ship - a colony one, naturally.

1st December 2020

Assault Transport TG #1 is now strong enough to carry a whole division at one go, if necessary.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Their mining complexes grow quickly and are very effective miners and you can buy their output for peanuts. Unless you want to dedicate significant amount of your production to automated mines and/or asteroid miners, it's a better way to go.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Year 2021

1st January

Two more freighters rolled and joined Cargo TG #1, as did AM Riga and AM Rostov which will rendezvous with Mining TG #1. Lieutenant Tyler Jennings commands Riga and Captain Andreas von Zimmern captains Rostov. Godspeed! Vancouver Shipyards starts building the next two asteroid miners.

8th January

Mining TG #1, now reinforced by Riga and Rostov, returned back to "Mine me #1" successfully.

11th January

Thanks to Henry Marine, the very first colonists to Mars are arriving! It'll take over a dozen days to unload them, though. Cargo TG #1 is finally back on job - hauling infrastructure to Mars.

18th January

Historic day! The last remnants of conventional industry on Earth have been converted into TN industry. Earth now boasts the following facilities:

oc2hg.jpg

Next process is to convert all mines into automated versions to free up more population - though there is no urgency on that so it can proceed on a very low level.

23rd January

Mars is now officially a human colony! Mankind has, permanently, placed its foot outside its original home.

28th January

Dammit, even with 10 freighters, Cargo TG #1 can only carry 0.4 Terraforming installations at one go. Thus Marrick & Towne get an order for two more freighters and also get to add an extra slipway. We really need to start building Titans for this sort of hauling but Vancouver won't be large enough until August and AESA will require even longer.

Titan class Freighter said:
Titan class Freighter 54,000 tons 321 Crew 535.2 BP TCS 1080 TH 800 EM 0
740 km/s Armour 1-127 Shields 0-0 Sensors 5/6/0/0 Damage Control Rating 1 PPV 0
Maint Capacity 6 MSP Max Repair 25 MSP
Cargo 40000 Cargo Handling Multiplier 20

Nuclear Pulse Engine E0.8 Commercial (8) Power 100 Fuel Use 8% Signature 100 Armour 0 Exp 1%
Fuel Capacity 150,000 Litres Range 62.4 billion km (976 days at full power)

Thermal Sensor TH1-5 (1) Sensitivity 5 Detect Sig Strength 1000: 5m km
EM Detection Sensor EM1-6 (70%) (1) Sensitivity 6 Detect Sig Strength 1000: 6m km

This design is classed as a Commercial Vessel for maintenance purposes

Half the speed of a Corelian cargo ship but with enormously more cargo room.

13th February

Karsten Weinstein's team found some additional Urinium on "Mine me #11" but again, in such a minuscule amounts that I won't relinquish the rock to the civilians. His team moves to "Mine me #9".

28th February

The first terraforming installation is ready at Mars! I start with adding Carbon Dioxide, CO2, up to 0.227 atmospheres - this should help with the temperature. After that, we'll start mixing Oxygen, O2, into it. The speed of operations is dismally slow but it'll pick up once all 40 installations are at Mars and have the 10 millions workers they need. Also, UAC expanded their mining operation on that asteroid.

13th April

Brigadier Dieter Leitz got killed in an accident and work finished on a slipway at Gotaverken SY, though they'll build more - as a dedicated light FAC shipyard, they must have the ability to churn out at least half-a-dozen simultaneously.

Also, funny picture:

2v2tF.jpg

Gotta <3 Mass Drivers!

11th June

UAC again expanded their mining facilities - now having four complexes on the same rock.

16th June

Freighters Alvear and Anatuya are finished and send to join Cargo TG #1 on its mission. Two more are ordered.

18th June

Alvear and Anatuya reached Cargo TG #1 successfully.

19th August

Expansion of Vancouver Shipyards is finished - they are now capable of building ships up to 54,000 tons. I order two Titans to be built. Or I would but Vancouver SY has to re-tool for them first - task which should be finished by 26th January 2022.

10th October

UAC expands again! Weyland-Yutani is really lagging behind.

15th October

Speak of the devil! Weyland-Yutani just expanded too, though with only 2 complexes, they are still playing second fiddle to UAC's five.

30th October

Two new Corellians rolls out of the shipyards: FT Anegada, commanded by Lieutenant Mark Hicks and FT Andacollo, commanded by Lieutenant Nanna Parmander. I order two more to be built.

20th November

Henry Marine, the first civilian space liner, launched their first cargo ship.

20th December

Gotaverken gets an additional slipway but keeps expanding - they have 3 so far and my aim is 10. Joe Johnston's geo team found little Corbomite on "Mine me #2" and concluded their survey - thus I transferred them to Himalia, one of the moons orbiting Jupiter.

30th December

Here's a picture of current situation around Earth:

eCBPC.jpg

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Year 2022

22nd January

UAC expanded again - they are now providing Codexia with 720 tons of both Boronide and Sorium each year. The former isn't that important but the latter is critical as its the fuel for our engines.

27th January

I probably forgot to mention but I set up a contract for Henry Marine to ship automated mines from Earth to Mars while our Cargo TG #1 is busy with the terraforming installations.

Vancouver SY is finally ready to build the first two Titans! Except they are still busy putting the finishing touches on the two Asteroid Miners!

27th February

AESA SY grew but needs to grow more, much more.

7th March

Two ships roll out: AM Dushanbe commanded by Lieutenant Sigvard Löfgren and AM Khorog led by Lieutenant Alexander Sandvik. They are off to join Mining TG #1 strip-mining asteroids.

16th March

FT Antofalla, commanded by Lieutenant Noak Naess and FT Anelo, captained by Lieutenant Tyler Jennings, are off to join Cargo TG #1.

8th April

UAC expands again. Should I be worried?

18th April

Wärtsilä SY finished work on a new slipway.

22nd April

All 40 Terraforming installations are on Mars and working furiously - employing 10 million workers. Of course, there's currently only 1.2 million inhabitants on Mars, all thanks to Henry Marine's single colony ship, out of which a mere 790,000 work with the terraformers. Which means Mars has a shortage of 9.21 million workers.

In any case, Cargo TG #1 will now switch over to ferrying infrastructure, in the nick of time as the current infrastructure on Mars is only capable of supporting 1.41 million people.

12th May

Research has finally finished with all First Generation weaponry and sensor tech. So it's time to design our first fleet!

My initial plan is to design a light missile-based task force, centred on a heavier command ship with a boat bay for FACs. Missile cruisers will provide most of the fire power, while frigates will provide point defence. Let's see:

Zeta class Command Ship said:
Zeta class Command Ship 15,750 tons 1402 Crew 1887.8 BP TCS 315 TH 600 EM 0
2539 km/s Armour 1-55 Shields 0-0 Sensors 5/6/0/0 Damage Control Rating 41 PPV 65
Annual Failure Rate: 64% IFR: 0.9% Maint Capacity 3322 MSP Max Repair 195 MSP Est Time: 6.8 Years
Flag Bridge Hangar Deck Capacity 1000 tons Magazine 460

Nuclear Pulse Engine E7 Military (20) Power 40 Fuel Use 70% Signature 30 Armour 0 Exp 5%
Fuel Capacity 100,000 Litres Range 16.3 billion km (74 days at full power)

10cm C1 Infrared Laser (2) Range 20,000km TS: 2539 km/s Power 3-1 RM 1 ROF 15 3 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Quad Gauss Cannon R1-100 Turret (1x4) Range 10,000km TS: 3000 km/s Power 0-0 RM 1 ROF 5 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
CIWS-80 (2x2) Range 1000 km TS: 8000 km/s ROF 5 Base 50% To Hit
Fire Control S01 10-2000 H70 (1) Max Range: 20,000 km TS: 2000 km/s 50 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Pebble Bed Reactor PO3 RS50 (2) Total Power Output 6 Armour 0 Exp 5%

Size 1 Missile Launcher (AMM) (2) Missile Size 1 Rate of Fire 30
Size 4 Missile Launcher (ASM) (2) Missile Size 4 Rate of Fire 120
Missile Fire Control FC5-R1 (70%) PD (2) Range 5.4m km Resolution 1
Missile Fire Control FC18-R100 (70%) AS (1) Range 18.0m km Resolution 100

Active Search Sensor MR1-R1 (70%) (1) GPS 30 Range 1.8m km Resolution 1
EM Detection Sensor EM1-6 (70%) (1) Sensitivity 6 Detect Sig Strength 1000: 6m km

This design is classed as a Military Vessel for maintenance purposes

It isn't as fast as I hoped and became quite massive. Two Anti-Ship missile launchers as primary offensive power, supported by two IR lasers and a quad gauss turret for short-range work if it comes down to that. Two anti-missile missile launchers and two CIWS-systems for defence. It's definitely going to be the largest ship in our budding fleet. Qeshm SY laid down the first two hulls - "Alexander" and "Howard Anderson".

Venator class Missile Cruiser said:
Venator class Missile Cruiser 18,550 tons 1601 Crew 2132.5 BP TCS 371 TH 900 EM 0
3234 km/s Armour 4-62 Shields 0-0 Sensors 5/6/0/0 Damage Control Rating 40 PPV 24
Annual Failure Rate: 68% IFR: 1% Maint Capacity 2874 MSP Max Repair 38 MSP Est Time: 14.33 Years
Magazine 1224

Nuclear Pulse Engine E7 Military (30) Power 40 Fuel Use 70% Signature 30 Armour 0 Exp 5%
Fuel Capacity 150,000 Litres Range 20.8 billion km (74 days at full power)

CIWS-80 (1x2) Range 1000 km TS: 8000 km/s ROF 5 Base 50% To Hit
Size 4 Missile Launcher (ASM) (6) Missile Size 4 Rate of Fire 120
Missile Fire Control FC18-R100 (70%) AS (2) Range 18.0m km Resolution 100
Harpoon ASM Size 4 Anti-ship Missile (306) Speed: 14,000 km/s End: 7.6m Range: 6.4m km WH: 3 Size: 4 TH: 102 / 61 / 30

Missile to hit chances are vs targets moving at 3000 km/s, 5000 km/s and 10,000 km/s

Scratch that, this became bigger and heavier but still fast enough as its going over 3k km/sec. Unfortunately its too large for Boeles SY at the moment, so hulls won't be laid down until late in 2023 after the expansion to Boeles has finished. Six launchers slaved to two fire controls so it can shoot at two targets simultaneously and carries 306 Harpoon anti-ship missiles - with a 120 rate of fire per launcher (1 missile every 2 minutes), the cruiser won't run dry even in a long battle. Only defence is a single CIWS so these guys will definitely rely on smaller ships for close-in protection, such as...

Vibre class missile frigate said:
Vibre class Missile Frigate 6,650 tons 593 Crew 862 BP TCS 133 TH 300 EM 0
3007 km/s Armour 2-31 Shields 0-0 Sensors 5/6/0/0 Damage Control Rating 11 PPV 8
Annual Failure Rate: 32% IFR: 0.4% Maint Capacity 891 MSP Max Repair 38 MSP Est Time: 11.58 Years
Magazine 308

Nuclear Pulse Engine E7 Military (10) Power 40 Fuel Use 70% Signature 30 Armour 0 Exp 5%
Fuel Capacity 100,000 Litres Range 38.7 billion km (148 days at full power)

CIWS-80 (1x2) Range 1000 km TS: 8000 km/s ROF 5 Base 50% To Hit
Size 4 Missile Launcher (ASM) (1) Missile Size 4 Rate of Fire 120
Size 1 Missile Launcher (AMM) (4) Missile Size 1 Rate of Fire 30
Missile Fire Control FC5-R1 (70%) PD (4) Range 5.4m km Resolution 1
Missile Fire Control FC18-R100 (70%) AS (1) Range 18.0m km Resolution 100
Dart PD-AMM Size 1 Anti-missile Missile (228) Speed: 12,000 km/s End: 3.6m Range: 2.6m km WH: 1 Size: 1 TH: 76 / 45 / 22
Harpoon ASM Size 4 Anti-ship Missile (20) Speed: 14,000 km/s End: 7.6m Range: 6.4m km WH: 3 Size: 4 TH: 102 / 61 / 30

Missile to hit chances are vs targets moving at 3000 km/s, 5000 km/s and 10,000 km/s

Less heavily armoured and much smaller, though slightly slower, these guys can augment the fire power of the cruisers with their single Harpoon launcher but their main purpose is to cover the other ships of the task force with their four Dart AMM launchers. As soon as Aker Finnyards SY has finished the extra slipway they are building, they will put down four hulls.

Finally, we get the fast attack craft that the command ship will carry, or actually a fast scout craft:

Spiral class fast scout craft said:
Spiral class Fast Scout Craft 850 tons 92 Crew 105.8 BP TCS 17 TH 60 EM 0
4705 km/s Armour 1-7 Shields 0-0 Sensors 5/6/0/0 Damage Control Rating 0 PPV 3
Annual Failure Rate: 11% IFR: 0.2% Maint Capacity 39 MSP Max Repair 38 MSP Est Time: 3.72 Years

GB Nuclear Pulse Engine E70 (1) Power 80 Fuel Use 700% Signature 60 Armour 0 Exp 15%
Fuel Capacity 5,000 Litres Range 1.5 billion km (3 days at full power)

10cm Railgun V1/C1 (1x4) Range 10,000km TS: 4705 km/s Power 3-1 RM 1 ROF 15 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Fire Control S01 10-2000 H70 (1) Max Range: 20,000 km TS: 2000 km/s 50 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

The railgun is purely for self-defence and is probably useless but the purpose of this craft is to sneak closer to any possible targets and confirm then without endangering the actual fleet.

****End of design portion****

7th August

Weyland-Yutani expands and some no-name ground pounder captain got killed.

22nd August

Aker Finnyards SY finished its fourth slipway - thus it laid down hulls for four Vibre class FFG: Broadsword, Claymore, Cutlass and Falchion.

27th August

Weyland-Yutani expanded again. Gotaverken SY finished another slipway but keeps building more. Naomi Hicks geo-survey team finished "Mine Me #21" and was moved to Belinda, a satellite moon of Uranus.

17th September

Our two Titan freighters are ready! Both are assigned to Cargo TG #2 - I don't want to mix smaller and faster Corellians with the big and slow Titans. FT Akmolinsk is commanded by Lieutenant Matsuzawa Morinaga and FT Kushka is captained by Lieutenant Madeleine Fitzgerald. Funnily enough, Cargo TG #2 with two ships has more carrying capacity than Cargo TG #1 with its fourteen ships - so the Titans will handle infrastructure from now on while the Corellians will first fetch minerals from "Mine Me #1" - as the Asteroid Miners just leave the stuff floating around the asteroid - and then help out moving automated mines.

20th September

Cargo TG #1 arrived at the asteroid, only to inform me that it is unable to load any minerals. I check what's the problem and of course, I had forgotten to unload infrastructure from the damn ships. Oh well, time for new orders: "Mars - unload infrastructure" & "Mine Me #1 - load minerals" & "Earth - unload minerals", now that should work.

28th December

Weyland-Yutani expands, once again. They have almost reached UAC now - five vs seven.

And that finishes 2022. Stay tuned for 2023, coming in a day or two!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom