Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's slaughter all Codexians in Close Combat Cross of Iron!

What should I do?

• Start over again with Codexers as the Nazis

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Nah, let's continue and stay Soviet

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Daymn, and Order of the Red Banner in the first battle.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
Infantryman said:
Because our roster is full, and I want this new 85mm gun, the Penal Rifle Squad is sent back to prison. Fens, Trash and others will be however added to the reserve list so that they may yet see some more action.
back to siberia... the railroadtracks won't repair themselves after all... luckily there is no soap to pick up

Infantryman

Scholar
Thank you for your comments! They all are really appreciated.

I believe option 2 has won. Let us proceed a little bit. No normal update today though.

It's two days later and Cleve prepares to attack our positions again. Scouts report that he has brought with him a massive army, perhaps even stronger than the last time. Neanderthal seems to be extremely determined to attain the glory of being the conqueror of Moscow, and posses vast resources to exact his will.

Our company is now rested and ready for battle. We have approximately 90 requisition points right now. The available reinforcements are rather weak, no decent AT gun is within our reach at the moment. Therefore, an important choice has to be made. Should we:

1) Conserve our resources. Let's save points for something really decent, like T-34 or KV-1 tanks rather than buy a bunch of useless equipment incapable of penetrating enemy armor.

2) Buy whatever is available. The possible consequences of loosing this battle might be disastrous. Even some pile of junk might slow the Germans a bit, and that's what we should be doing.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I say the middle road is the best approach. Naturally, reinforce the current forces, maybe add another big AT gun to support Lyric Suite's roughnecks. How much would this leave for worst case reserves?

Oesophagus

Arcane
2) Buy whatever is available. The possible consequences of loosing this battle might be disastrous. Even some pile of junk might slow the Germans a bit, and that's what we should be doing.

Can't lose Moscow, bro

Though I would prefer the oprion of "send out women strapped with homemade explosices as booby traps", but I guess the russians didn't figure that one out.

Orgasm

Barely Literate
1) Conserve our resources

AT guns are visible from across the map and are free rides for mortars! NO MORE FREE RIDES!

Infantryman

Scholar
Oesophagus said:
Though I would prefer the oprion of "send out women strapped with homemade explosices as booby traps", but I guess the russians didn't figure that one out.

Russians did the other thing during the battle of Moscow. They sent dogs fitted with explosives. They were taught that they will always find food inside a tank, so they were seeking them on their own. But they had also a wooden stick attached to the bomb. So while they got close to the tank, stick broke and the bomb exploded. But it did not turn out to be very effective. After a few incidents, Germans became weary of dogs, shooting them on sight. And dogs, even when starving, are easily scared off by gunshots.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
plus they were trained to do that with russian tanks so instead of running to the german lines and crawling under german tanks, they turned around and came back to look for food under soviet ones

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom