Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's solo Baldur's Gate 2 on Insane (feat. The Codex)

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Answer me this. Why do you always capitalize "You"

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's my way of expressing respect for the person I'm writing to.

edit: @Moray

I might have confused Gesen's bow with Tansheron's. I'm almost sure that one of them gets its arrows replaced when using external arrows. I guess, we'll see.

Moray

Scholar
MicoSelva said:
I might have confused Gesen's bow with Tansheron's. I'm almost sure that one of them gets its arrows replaced when using external arrows. I guess, we'll see.

Both do, actually. Tansheron's is the +3 bow, its infinite arrows have the same animation as arrows of cold; Gesen's is the +4, that fires those absurdly slow, ugly "lightning" arrow animations. Not lightning as per, say, the lightning bolt spell; this is unique to the bow. However, there's no benefit to replacing Tansheron's ammo since it only fires standard 1-6+3 arrows, unlike the benefit of gaining 1-8 electrical damage to whatever finite replacement ammo you add to Gesen's.

I have played Baldur's Gate 2 way too much.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
I read your BG1 solo play through.

:salute:

Have fun with the Beholders and Mind Flayers in this game. :twisted:

Johannes

Arcane
What's the big problem with carrying ammo though? You can fit 60 (iirc) arrows just in the ammo-only slots, that should last for enough that you don't really need to visit shops just for arrows. Or install a mod to allow the limitless stacks, and buy a ridiculous amount of the good shit.

And shooting good arrows (which you can easily afford) is more effective than just using the plain arrows from the endless supply bows.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
That's 40 per quiver slot and The Codex is too hardcore for a limitless ammo stacks mod.
With my playstyle, I will need every other backpack slot available. Trust me, I've been there before.

korenzel

Educated
What level is the Codex now ? I remember the starting xp for new characters is around 100k and yours has nearly 400k. What does it add up to, F9/M9/T11 ?

By the way, how does the xp cap work with ToB installed, is the BG2 cap still there until you enter the expansion ? I hope it's not, as F/M/T don't get very high level by the end of the game given the increasing xp costs for levels past 10, maybe 11/11/14 or something.

I predict a switch somewhere in the future to dual wielding, katanas and possibly hammers to make up for the lost number of attacks due to low fighter level and two proficiency points max in weapons.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Update #1A: The Great Goblin Massacre, part I

Note: this update turned out huge (over 250 screenshots) and had to be divided into two parts. Not wanting to delay it further, I decided to post the first part before finishing the second, which will appear as soon possible.

Last time on Let's solo Baldur's Gate 2, we survived a prolonged cutscene and some inane Imoen dialogue. After that, our hero leveled up and realized, he has been deprived of all his possessions.

codex_10.jpg
:rage:

And now, it's time to move on.

codex_10.jpg
My Spider's Bane. My boots of evasion. My bow of marksmanship! My helm and cloak of Balduran! My fucking robe of fucking neutral archmagi! That wizard is going to pay for everything he took, tenfold.

Pay for everything he took? Your virginity too?

codex_10.jpg
He did not take- Wait. Did he?

You tell me.

codex_10.jpg
Well, he did look a bit gay. And I'm a very handsome idividual, too... He's a fucking dead man! I wish I could kill him more than once!

Be careful what You wish for.

bg2_up01_043.jpg

Before we go, here's the second - and final - change made with ShadowKeeper. I switched the 'good' bhaalspawn power Slow Poison to the 'evil' Horror. Hope everybody can live with that.

bg2_up01_044.jpg

Our current spell list looks like this.

codex_10.jpg
Can we fucking move on already? I'm bored.

Right, let's go.

bg2_up01_045.jpg

There are two people locked in cages here.

codex_10.jpg
They look kind of familiar too.

bg2_up01_046.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Geez, not this guy.

bg2_up01_047.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Hell, I don't remember Minsc being so talkative before.

bg2_up01_048.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Hurts to break it to you, big guy, but The Codex works alone.

bg2_up01_049.jpg

codex_10.jpg
What the fuck? I thought that line before would end the conversation.

bg2_up01_050.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Right...

bg2_up01_051.jpg

codex_10.jpg
What!? That's some fucking bullshit, man! Minsc has what, 18/93 Strength? Mine is 19 and I sure as hell wasn't able to bend the bars of my cage! And his looks more durable too!

Yeah, it's called gameplay and story segregation, just roll with it.

codex_10.jpg
No, it's called bullshit! And I'm not going to roll with or in it!

bg2_up01_052.jpg

codex_10.jpg
This is one of the rare times when the in-game script offers me a line I would've said anyway.

bg2_up01_053.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Yes, fuck you, go away and stop talking already!

bg2_up01_054.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Oh great, it's Jaheira. If even Minsc would not shut up for ten minutes, I predict spending at least half an hour locked in this dialogue.

bg2_up01_055.jpg

codex_10.jpg
We have not traveled together for any time, you delusional bitch!

bg2_up01_056.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Ok, I'm done. Not listening. Just call me when she finishes.

bg2_up01_057.jpg

codex_18.jpg
Oh yeah, tell me where Khalid is. I am very interested in that.

bg2_up01_058.jpg

codex_10.jpg
If this bar-bending thing shows up here as well, consider me out of this game.

bg2_up01_060.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Finally, some real choice. Fare well, Jaheira. Or I should probably say, rot well.

bg2_up01_061.jpg

We enter the nearest door, finding a few containers and a golem.

bg2_up01_062.jpg

The cache behind the painting is trapped. The trap is not very dangerous and is here to teach newcomers to the game to use their detect traps skills. A nice touch. If BG2 was made today, there would surely be a huge popup saying "REMEMBER TO CHECK THE SURROUNDINGS FOR TRAPS, MORAN!' upon entering the room.

codex_10.jpg
If it's trapped, there must be something interesting behind it!

bg2_up01_063.jpg

Besides being trapped, the cache is also locked. What's more interesting is the ridiculous amount of experience gained for disarming the trap.

codex_10.jpg
1750? That's... insane.

Yeah, That's actually more XP than we gained in the first two updates of the first LP. The few mods I installed did not give me the option to reduce these amounts and I was too lazy to look for a specific one. Besides, it will be fun to see how high a level The Codex can reach within the original game design parameters (except, of course, removing the XP cap).

bg2_up01_064.jpg

Lockpicking also grants a lot of experience. I wonder how much it would hurt them to base the rewards on the lock difficulty. Lazy design at its best.

bg2_up01_065.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Oh wow, what a hefty loot.

The bad news is, there should be Golden Pantaloons here. And there are not. That means we'll have to cheat to see the ultimate BG2 easter egg. Oh well.

codex_10.jpg
What do you mean?

Oh, You'll see. :smug:

bg2_up01_066.jpg

The unguarded and unlocked chest contains four types of armour, a helmet and a shield.

codex_10.jpg
Very convenient.

bg2_up01_067.jpg

On the table, there are weapons of various kinds, including the very rare katana.

codex_10.jpg
I can only imagine the joy felt at this point by someone who invested points in katana proficiency.

bg2_up01_068.jpg

Our first magical weapon.

codex_10.jpg
Awesome. Except it sucks.

bg2_up01_069.jpg

I'm a junk-collector type player, so as long as there's inventory space, I'll take everything not nailed down. This is how The Codex' inventory looks after looting the first room.

codex_10.jpg
I'm carrying three armours and a halberd in my backpack. Not to mention other stuff. Talk about realism.

We also found the key to Jaheira's cage.

codex_10.jpg
Good. :smug:

bg2_up01_070.jpg

One of the installed tweaks switches the inability to use spells / thieving skills in heavier armor to negative modifiers, dependant on armour type.

bg2_up01_071.jpg

The Fully Equipped Codex' combat stats are as seen above. Two attacks at 8 THAC0.

bg2_up01_072.jpg

We also get the two-handed weapon style bonuses.

bg2_up01_075.jpg

The golem does not provide a worthy conversation.

codex_10.jpg
And I still prefer talking to him than to Jaheira, for example.

bg2_up01_076.jpg

Moving beyond the door guarded by Jailkeep Golem, we meet our first opponent - a Smoke Mephit.

codex_10.jpg
A smoke what-the-fuck?

Mephit. They're kind of flying magical imps, often serving wizards and other mages.

codex_10.jpg
I see. I'm sure they'll prove to be interesting enemies, and not annoying at all.

bg2_up01_077.jpg

Before we can do anything, mephit turns invisible.

codex_10.jpg
I understand that my prediction might not have been completely accurate.

bg2_up01_078.jpg

Soon, it appears and shoots The Codex with 'Sooty Ball', which makes our hero temporary blind.

codex_10.jpg
Oh, the little rascal!

Luckily, status effects caused by mephits' abilities don't last long. If they did, that would move the flying farts from 'irritating' to 'dangerous' category, and we wouldn't want that at the beginning of the game, would we?

bg2_up01_080.jpg

codex_10.jpg
DIE, MOTHERFLYING FILTH!

'Motherflying'? Ok, nevermind.

bg2_up01_081.jpg

codex_10.jpg
'The mechanism that operates this does not have a conventional lock, and may be warded against simple spells.' Uh huh. So, what does this mean?

You can't lockpick this. We probably need a specific key, or maybe find some other way to open the door.

codex_10.jpg
A specific key? For a door that doesn't have 'a conventional lock'?

It may be some kind of ward stone too.

codex_10.jpg
But it can also be a specific key?

Yes.

codex_10.jpg
For a door that does not have conventional lock?

Yes... Your point?

codex_10.jpg
Oh, no, nothing. No point at all. Fucking railroading.

bg2_up01_082.jpg

We move the only other available way, finding some dead bodies on the way.

codex_10.jpg
Well, this is kind of new. Usually there are corpses lying everywhere only after I move through an area.

bg2_up01_083.jpg

codex_10.jpg
In what way exactly does this machine look dangerous? Or ok, whatever. My keen intelligence tells me the control device, that will allow me to turn it off, is at the end of the cable extending from the machine.

bg2_up01_084.jpg

Oh, look another mephit.

codex_10.jpg
How swell! I see great potential in them.

You do?

codex_10.jpg
Great potential to be this game's fucking gibberlings!

bg2_up01_085.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Ow! You've just doubled the pain you shall feel till the end of your life! Which is imminent!

bg2_up01_086.jpg

codex_10.jpg
I'll say that's one damn useful switch!

bg2_up01_087.jpg

codex_10.jpg
2000 XP for flicking a switch? I bet all the sirines from the previous game must feel pretty fucking cheap now.

bg2_up01_088.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Down you go!

bg2_up01_089.jpg

Yet another mephit has to be defeated before we move on.

bg2_up01_090.jpg

Lightning Mephits do not induce status effects, so they're not as much a hassle to deal with as some other types.

bg2_up01_091.jpg

We soon enter a strange looking room, or rather an adapted natural cave.

codex_10.jpg
Looks rather nice too.

bg2_up01_092.jpg

A few steps in, we are greeted by Aataqah.

codex_10.jpg
Dude, where are your legs?

He's a genius.

codex_10.jpg
Yeah, I'm a genius too. 19 intelligence, if you forgot. And my legs are just fine.

Not that kind of genius. I mean a jinn, djinn, genie, or whatever You call it.

codex_10.jpg
Oh, that kind.

bg2_up01_093.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Somehow, I predict another long conversation.

bg2_up01_094.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Cool, a riddle!

bg2_up01_095.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Um, wait, not so fast...

bg2_up01_096.jpg

codex_02.jpg
I'm confused and stopped listening in the middle. If I push the button, something awesome will happen, right?

bg2_up01_097.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Well, not that I really expected three hot chicks to appear, but an ogre mage is kind of a letdown.

bg2_up01_099.jpg

Not a real challenge for our hero.

codex_10.jpg
Not much can be a challenge for me, considering I defeated Sarevok, and alone too.

Alone, not counting fifty summoned dogs, gnolls and hobgoblins.

codex_10.jpg
Details.

bg2_up01_100.jpg

codex_10.jpg
If this advice is all you can offer, I hope this Rielev guy is otherwise easily missable and meeting him will really make one hell of a difference.

bg2_up01_101.jpg

The corridor to the west is kind of long, so we decide to check out the shorter, northern one first.

bg2_up01_102.jpg

We encounter goblins!

codex_10.jpg
Goblins.

Yes.

codex_10.jpg
Just goblins. Not even hob-goblins?

Right.

codex_10.jpg
Let's just stop here for a second. I'm trying to understand this. Hobgoblins were not a challenge for me, even at level one. And they are stronger than regular goblins. I'm what, level eight, nine now?

All true.

codex_10.jpg
Why the fuck is this game throwing goblins at me, then?

So you can feel all strong and awesome killing them?

codex_10.jpg
Oh. I guess that makes sense.

bg2_up01_103.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Mwahahaha! Slaughter!

Yeah, I think you would feel right at home exploding darkspawn in Dragon Age 2.

bg2_up01_104.jpg

Loot dropped by these goblins is semi-random. Sometimes that means it doesn't make sense at all. This one here had five magical slingshot bullets.

codex_10.jpg
Maybe he thought they were gemstones?

bg2_up01_105.jpg

codex_10.jpg
And for a moment there, I thought getting two possible routes really means getting two possible routes. How naive of me.

bg2_up01_106.jpg

Back to the longer corridor, we meet some more goblins.

bg2_up01_107.jpg

A lot more goblins actually.

codex_10.jpg
Still about one hundred too few to become a threat... I know! No way they are servants of that wizard guy. Must be an infestation, like a kind of bigger rats. Later he might even thank me for killing them.

bg2_up01_108.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Mwahahahaha! Slaughter!

bg2_up01_109.jpg

codex_10.jpg
MwaHahAHAHa! Slaughter!

bg2_up01_110.jpg

Some of the goblins drop bows and arrows.

codex_10.jpg
It's a long bow, which I'm now not proficient in, but still better than nothing.

bg2_up01_111.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Now I feel relatively well prepared for upcoming threats.

bg2_up01_112.jpg

Due to lack of proficiency, we only get 2 attacks at THAC0 = 10. It should be sufficient to fight goblins and mephits.

bg2_up01_113.jpg

Moving through the next door, into a room filled with strange containers, The Codex gets ambushed by a Steam Mephit.

codex_10.jpg
That's a new type what do they-

bg2_up01_114.jpg

They stun.

bg2_up01_115.jpg

Our hero recovers not a second too soon, having his HP almost depleted.

codex_10.jpg
Fuck, being killed by a mephit would be really embarassing.

bg2_up01_116.jpg

Indeed.

Death count: 1

codex_10.jpg
The little fucker is going to pay for that!

My fault, actually. I clicked on the healing potion, but forgot to first switch bow to sword, and the mephit got +4 to hit.

codex_10.jpg
I would tell you not to ever do that again, but you being you, I know many stupid mistakes like that await me in the future.

bg2_up01_117.jpg

Using our meta-gaming knowledge, we hide in shadows before entering the room.

bg2_up01_118.jpg

Two-handed sword is unsuitable for backstabbing, but that's not the point here. We get the first strike and force the mephit to fight in melee. Being lucky, we also get a critical hit.

bg2_up01_119.jpg

It still manages to stun The Codex. We should probably work on our saving throws.

bg2_up01_120.jpg

codex_10.jpg
DIE, FUCKER!

As said before, mephits' status effects don't last long. Our hero soon recovers and kills the annoying enemy.

bg2_up01_121.jpg

In a nearby crate, we find a short bow.

codex_10.jpg
Oh, yes!

bg2_up01_122.jpg

Three attacks at THAC0 = 8. Much better.

bg2_up01_123.jpg

We also decide to rest before moving on.

codex_10.jpg
Wait, have I just rested here for two days, while generally trying to run away from this place as fast as possible?

Yup.

codex_10.jpg
How does that make... Oh, fuck. It doesn't make any sense!

Resting will probably be The Codex' main mean od healing in this game, especially after Spellhold.

codex_10.jpg
Why? What is Spellhold?

All in due time.

bg2_up01_124.jpg

There's another mephit in the back of the room. An ice one this time. It doesn't cause any status effects, but has some kind of low-damage auto-hitting attack.

codex_10.jpg
Annoying little prick!

bg2_up01_125.jpg

codex_10.jpg
EAT STEEL!

bg2_up01_127.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Good thing You remember where all these traps are while I have the skill to detect and disarm them.

bg2_up01_129.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Oh, look, there's a magic stick inside.

bg2_up01_130.jpg

A standard quarterstaff +1. Move along, nothing to see.

bg2_up01_131.jpg

We find some dead creatures inside the tubes here.

codex_10.jpg
Well, I wouldn't decorate my lair like this, but you can't argue with personal taste.

bg2_up01_132.jpg

Others seem to still be alive.

codex_10.jpg
Well, good for them. Let's go.

bg2_up01_133.jpg

We find another mephit behind the next door.

codex_10.jpg
Oh, joy.

bg2_up01_134.jpg

codex_10.jpg
'Mineral mephit'? Is it some kind of joke?

bg2_up01_135.jpg

codex_10.jpg
At least this one here did not cause any problems.

bg2_up01_136.jpg

Potentially, there's a lot of stuff to find here.

codex_10.jpg
Like hell. A lot of barely protected containers equals shit loot. If it was one heavily guarded chest, then we would be talking.

bg2_up01_137.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Told you.

bg2_up01_138.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Ok, I stand corrected. At least a little.

bg2_up01_140.jpg
No, You were actually right. That's a complete junk in this game's scale.

codex_10.jpg
Oh? I might like it here after all. In time.

bg2_up01_139.jpg

codex_10.jpg
What are these?

Oh, these are the new standard healing potions. They heal 27 HP, or so.

codex_10.jpg
That's quite the jump from the previous ones, which heal what, 9?

Something like that, yeah.

bg2_up01_141.jpg

We enter another fascinating conversation with a golem.

codex_10.jpg
Whoever programmed these, did one lousy job.

bg2_up01_142.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Do we really have to go through all these lines?

Yes.

bg2_up01_143.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Why do I want this stone anyway?

It will open the 'fuck your lockpicking' doors.

codex_10.jpg
Oh yeah, these.

bg2_up01_144.jpg

codex_10.jpg
That's the second hint to find this Rielev. I hope he really is that important.

bg2_up01_145.jpg

Another room, and another two golems.

codex_10.jpg
Can we skip talking to them?

bg2_up01_146.jpg

They have nothing to say anyway.

codex_10.jpg
Whew, what a relief.

We will destroy them instead.

codex_10.jpg
What, why?

bg2_up01_147.jpg

Just trust me.

codex_10.jpg
No fucking way! They're going to kill me!

bg2_up01_148.jpg

Well, that did not go 100% according to plan.

Death count: 2

codex_10.jpg
Fuck you!

Yeah, sorry, I overstimated Your combat prowess.

codex_10.jpg
My combat prowess is just fine. It's just you are a fucking moron!

bg2_up01_149.jpg

codex_10.jpg
If I'm to fight golems, I want at least Mirror Image to protect me.

bg2_up01_150.jpg

codex_10.jpg
One down!

bg2_up01_151.jpg

codex_10.jpg
And the second one!

bg2_up01_152.jpg

Moving on, into another group of goblins.

codex_10.jpg
This cracks me up every time.

bg2_up01_153.jpg

codex_10.jpg
I'm beginning to think that a simple 'thank you' won't suffice. The owner here will owe me quite a sum for cleaning the place of these green pests. They are much worse than rats after all.

Not as bad as molerats, though.

codex_10.jpg
True.

bg2_up01_154.jpg

In the next room, we finally find the famous Rielev.

codex_10.jpg
And another instance of the in-game dialogue perfectly fitting what I wanted to say. Gotta cherish these rare moments.

bg2_up01_155.jpg

codex_10.jpg
He also owes me a hefty amount for degoblinization, not even mentioning my lost equipment.

And virginity.

codex_10.jpg
Stop that!

bg2_up01_156.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Yeah, I seek power too, and tend to find it, so no biggie. Tell me the relevant stuff!

bg2_up01_157.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Ok, this doesn't lead anywhere. Good fucking bye!

bg2_up01_158.jpg

We find the golem stone on the table.

codex_10.jpg
I feel cheated. This Rielev guy was one fucking overrated conversation partner.

bg2_up01_159.jpg

Some more healing potions.

bg2_up01_160.jpg

And some more goblins...

bg2_up01_161.jpg

codex_10.jpg
And the bill keeps rising...

bg2_up01_162.jpg

Back to the golem.

codex_10.jpg
I swear, it's the last time I do a fetch quest for a mindless automaton... Oh, wait, I forgot you will be the player till the very end.

bg2_up01_163.jpg

We got 3000 XP for carrying the stone from one room to another. No comment on that. Also, the golem has opened previously closed doors for us.

codex_10.jpg
I have a feeling, I should save my game before venturing forth.

bg2_up01_164.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Yeah, somehow I expected to see something like this and not a bunch of naked dancing nymphs.

bg2_up01_165.jpg

Otyugh proves to be immune to our +0 piercing damage.

codex_10.jpg
I am NOT going anywhere near this thing, forget it!

bg2_up01_166.jpg

We give the beast Magic Missile treatment, but that's not sufficient to kill it.

bg2_up01_167.jpg

Two more Magic Missiles fail because of the armor The Codex is wearing.

codex_10.jpg
Ok, fuck this. Give me my sword.

bg2_up01_168.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Die, abomination!

bg2_up01_169.jpg

It dropped a key of some kind.

codex_10.jpg
Where exactly did the otyuck keep... Wait. No. I am not picking it up.

Of course You are.

bg2_up01_170.jpg

It's the first one of the series of wand keys we will find here. Their main purpose is to clutter up the inventory.

bg2_up01_171.jpg

codex_10.jpg
I get the feeling, the owner here is at least slightly paranoid.

bg2_up01_172.jpg

Some moderately interesting loot.

bg2_up01_173.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Oh, look, a Helm of It Sucks To Be a Human.

I swear, someday I will replace You with Lady Gaga.

bg2_up01_175.jpg

We also find an Oil of Speed and some last-season healing potions.

bg2_up01_176.jpg

This is as good moment as any to show one exploit we will not be using in this game. We found a scroll of Flame Arrow, which is a Level 3 spell The Codex already knows.

bg2_up01_177.jpg

We have the ability to remove it from the spellbook.

bg2_up01_178.jpg

And learn the spell again, using the scroll.

bg2_up01_179.jpg

With 19 Intelligence, the chance of failure is rather insignificant.

bg2_up01_180.jpg

Voila, free 3000 XP. Ok, not completely free, since we could sell the scroll for some minor gold, so rather: very cheap 3000 XP.

We will not be doing this again.

----------
To be continued.

Last edited:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Oh man. BG 2 starter area is really still painful looking after years of not playing it. Keep it up, man.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Sorry, I was playing with my brand new plasma tv in the last couple of days, and kind of neglected the LP.
The 1b update is mostly done, but still needs some work. I will try to post it today (which ends in 11 hours) - with the emphasis on 'try'.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Duude cut some out screenshots if updates take you so long. Just remember to screen all deaths!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom