Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's solo Baldur's Gate 2 on Insane (feat. The Codex)

Bigg Boss

Arcane
This massive awesome LP with numerous broken image links makes me leery of starting one with thousand of pics. They really want us paying for hosting don't they?

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
This massive awesome LP with numerous broken image links makes me leery of starting one with thousand of pics. They really want us paying for hosting don't they?

Hey, which ones are broken for you? Can you give me some examples?

BTW, for me all images are broken on Opera (which is basically the same as Chrome), but they work fine on Firefox.

Bigg Boss

Arcane

BTW, for me all images are broken on Opera (which is basically the same as Chrome), but they work fine on Firefox.

I use Chrome so that might be it. Pretty much any one I look at...in the first update for sure. Thanks for the response.

Also, who are you using for hosting now?

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
This year I changed hosting to a different one (https://www.lh.pl), because previous one (https://www.strefa.pl) completely crapped out on me.
No idea why image links stopped working with Chromium, they definitely worked fine immediately after the transit.
Ok, I figured it out. By default Chromium blocks http links on https sites, and RPG Codex now uses https, so all image links are deemed "unsafe".
Changing them to https does not help since my hosting does not have a valid https certificate (maybe I could get one, but... too lazy).
I have added rpgcodex to a whitelist in browser settings and now images show fine, but I can't really recommend this as a solution since that reduces security.

Papill0n

Educated
Yeah for real don’t feel like your time spent restoring broken links is wasted, people do read older lps and this entire lp in particular is something of a codexian treasure, it needs to be maintained for the sake of future generations.

Indeed. I can hardly imagine the time and effort it took. Quality content :salute:

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

I use Chrome so that might be it. Pretty much any one I look at...in the first update for sure. Thanks for the response.

!! I use Chrome too and just had a look and all mine are broken too, so I guess MicoSelva's thought about the security thing is probably right. I've read the entire LP before but am annoyed by this development anyway. :argh:

Andnjord

Arcane
Two years later and the images are still broken. Guess I won’t be able to read this a third time. For fuck sake, people go to court to have their names scrubbed off the internet but we can’t preserve the best LP ever written on the Codex. :negative:

Andnjord

Arcane

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Two years later and the images are still broken. Guess I won’t be able to read this a third time. For fuck sake, people go to court to have their names scrubbed off the internet but we can’t preserve the best LP ever written on the Codex. :negative:
Last I checked you could still read both BG1 and BG2 LP just fine on Firefox (since the issue is with chromium handling of non-https links). That's the best I can do at the moment, as I can't really afford a certificate subscription for my hosting.

Andnjord

Arcane
Last I checked you could still read both BG1 and BG2 LP just fine on Firefox (since the issue is with chromium handling of non-https links). That's the best I can do at the moment, as I can't really afford a certificate subscription for my hosting.
Got it, I’ll consent to using Firefox again just for you.

Andnjord

Arcane
Mein liebe, it works! Time to read it all over again a third time! :incline:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Hey, bros.
Not sure if anyone cares at this point, but I managed to switch hosting to one with an SSL certificate, which means images should be showing correctly regardless of your browser (no Firefox needed anymore), so the LP should be available to read for at least another year or so. Yay, progress!

Not all updates could be fixed, as I cannot change the three "Special #02: Mico Selva Dies in PoE" episodes because of ownership/editing authorization.

As always, let me know if you encounter any broken links or other issues.

Andnjord

Arcane
Not sure if anyone cares at this point
Brother Selva, there a few things that over the years have contributed to make this place special in my mind. Among others there are The Barbarian’s CYOA, Grimwulf’s LPs, “You can totally finish Fallout without combat” and its Rat Diplomac and yes, your monumental magnum opus of autistic single minded determination. :salute:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Aaaaand with some help from the admin team, image links in Special #02 have been fixed too.
Thanks to everyone involved.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom