Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's solo Baldur's Gate on Insane (feat. The Codex)

Which BG2 LP style would You prefer?

• The Codex Solo / Core

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • The Codex + 1 helper / Hard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Codex + 2 helpers / Hard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Codex + 2 helpers / Insane

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • 6 new characters / Insane

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 21 65.6%

• Total voters

ironyuri

up29_Baldr011.jpg

Moar like elder scrolls, amirite?

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
taplonaplo said:
Lum the mad will make your stats useful again... eventually
True, and I will reach him in like only two years from now.

taplonaplo said:
So 2 updates are left i assume? Will you finish it before 2011?
Depending on how many times The Codex dies during upcoming fights, there are three or four updates left (this includes third and final bonus update). But expect them to arrive no sooner than next week, since I'm forced to go to work on Sunday, due to some kind of tax rate change, or some other government fuckery.

@ironyuri: missed the opportunity for that joke. Maybe there'll be another at some time.

ironyuri

MicoSelva said:
taplonaplo said:
Lum the mad will make your stats useful again... eventually
True, and I will reach him in like only two years from now.

taplonaplo said:
So 2 updates are left i assume? Will you finish it before 2011?
Depending on how many times The Codex dies during upcoming fights, there are three or four updates left (this includes third and final bonus update). But expect them to arrive no sooner than next week, since I'm forced to go to work on Sunday, due to some kind of tax rate change, or some other government fuckery.

@ironyuri: missed the opportunity for that joke. Maybe there'll be another at some time.

Will you be doing werewolf island?

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I might, if the noble audience wants me to.
Considering that the thread is read by five people tops, I will consider three votes as voice a majority. So, if two more people want The Codex to go to werewolf island, we shall. Let's say I'll consider votes cast until the end of the year.
Other locations may be suggested too, of course.

ironyuri

MicoSelva said:
I might, if the noble audience wants me to.
Considering that the thread is read by five people tops, I will consider three votes as voice a majority. So, if two more people want The Codex to go to werewolf island, we shall. Let's say I'll consider votes cast until the end of the year.
Other locations may be suggested too, of course.

Is there anywhere else you haven't been? I know you did Durlag's Tower (but didn't finish it?) much earlier.

Werewolf Island is the only other content I remember TotSC adding.

I may also have forgotten how it works, but what exactly will you be able to carry over into BG2:ToB?

Will all your gold carry over or just your items/stats etc?And since I don't think you can ditch your party in Irenicus' dungeon, maybe I'm wrong, will you be using the mod to skip the dungeon and ditch them as soon as you come out in Athkatla?

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
You're a great LPer. :salute:
And I'm fairly positive it's much more than five people. And I do vote for the Werewolf Island. So, uhm, +1.

I remember it took me relatively long in my playthrough to realize what's the deal with "Koveras". I'm slow like that -- just like The Codex.
Also, hoarding is good.

MS said:
I have twenty more characters willing to replace you. Including some hot babes.
:roll:

And that bit with a priest and a cat was ... disturbing.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Well I am reading this LP obviously. Never had the patience to explore BG1 so much myself so if you want you could do Werewolf Island.

taplonaplo

Scholar
I don't think werewolf island is particularly interesting, so i'm more than fine without it

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
ironyuri said:
Is there anywhere else you haven't been? I know you did Durlag's Tower (but didn't finish it?) much earlier.

Actually, I only explored plot locations, these containing statboost books, and all the ones needed to transit between them. There are many areas left.
Here's a link to the whole map.

ironyuri said:

There's also Ice Island (a dungeon with crapload of mages) and Ulgoth's Beard (village).
Should I consider Your question as a "yes" vote for werewolf island then? I'm not particularly fond of that location (although I do have some joke ideas for it...), and Your vote may tip the scales here, so...

ironyuri said:
I may also have forgotten how it works, but what exactly will you be able to carry over into BG2:ToB?

Will all your gold carry over or just your items/stats etc?And since I don't think you can ditch your party in Irenicus' dungeon, maybe I'm wrong, will you be using the mod to skip the dungeon and ditch them as soon as you come out in Athkatla?

Only stats/skill/spells/XP and a few items like Golden Pantaloons or Helm of Balduran (but they have to be found again in BG2 - you start stripped of equipment). No gold.
That's why I didn't explore whole Durlag's Tower - loot doesn't carry over, and I was already at XP cap.

You can ditch the party in Irenicus dugeon - no problem there.

Crooked Bee said:
I'm fairly positive it's much more than five people.

I was only joking. People don't get my sense of humour, I should probably buy a new one.
There's an average of ~240 views of this thread per day, so I consider the readers number to be at about 50. Most of them are probably lurkers, though.

Crooked Bee said:
I remember it took me relatively long in my playthrough to realize what's the deal with "Koveras". I'm slow like that -- just like The Codex.

I haven't noticed it at all the first time I played this game. Tethtoril speaks of the backwards thing when busting You out of jail, if You ask him about Koveras.

Crooked Bee said:
Never had the patience to explore BG1 so much myself so if you want you could do Werewolf Island.

Well, I don't, so I will count this as "no vote".

---

There's a chance I will be screenshotting for update #31 tomorrow, so the voting for or against werewolf island might end earlier than expected (in about 12 hours). Right now, I'm seeing two votes for, two undecided, and one against (so, five people in total - lol).

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Against. Just move on to BG2 already. You're at the xp-cap, doing the optional content would amount to flagellantism.

Then again, doing this LP already labels you as a masochist, so what do I know. :M

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
desocupado said:
If you don't want to, then no need to do the werewolves island.

Yeah, this. If you do want, however, then you're welcome to. :P (I know you don't.)

MS said:
There's an average of ~240 views of this thread per day, so I consider the readers number to be at about 50. Most of them are probably lurkers, though.

Goddamn lurkers.

ironyuri

MicoSelva said:
ironyuri said:

Actually, I only explored plot locations, these containing statboost books, and all the ones needed to transit between them. There are many areas left.
Here's a link to the whole map.

ironyuri said:

There's also Ice Island (a dungeon with crapload of mages) and Ulgoth's Beard (village).
Should I consider Your question as a "yes" vote for werewolf island then? I'm not particularly fond of that location (although I do have some joke ideas for it...), and Your vote may tip the scales here, so...

ironyuri said:

Only stats/skill/spells/XP and a few items like Golden Pantaloons or Helm of Balduran (but they have to be found again in BG2 - you start stripped of equipment). No gold.
That's why I didn't explore whole Durlag's Tower - loot doesn't carry over, and I was already at XP cap.

You can ditch the party in Irenicus dugeon - no problem there.

Crooked Bee said:
I'm fairly positive it's much more than five people.

I was only joking. People don't get my sense of humour, I should probably buy a new one.

Crooked Bee said:

I haven't noticed it at all the first time I played this game. Tethtoril speaks of the backwards thing when busting You out of jail, if You ask him about Koveras.

Crooked Bee said:
Never had the patience to explore BG1 so much myself so if you want you could do Werewolf Island.

Well, I don't, so I will count this as "no vote".

---

There's a chance I will be screenshotting for update #31 tomorrow, so the voting for or against werewolf island might end earlier than expected (in about 12 hours). Right now, I'm seeing two votes for, two undecided, and one against (so, five people in total - lol).

Been a while since I played BG so I hadn't realised what you'd skipped. I guess you skipped Firewine bridge and most of the eastern side of the map in the end.

Well, if you're not keen to do areas added by TotSC then I'm not going to complain.

I have never carried a party over, unfortunately, just started a new game in BG2 so I wasn't sure what carried over.

If you're not going to get a stat boost or something permnanent out of more content, then I for one don't mind, though I've been enjoying the LP so more of it is certainly not a bad thing.

So take my vote as a provisional yes for any added shit. Werewolf island was an area I never finsihed, same with Durlag's tower. I was bored of BG after Cloakwood and just wanted to finish it so I barely even explored Baldur's Gate. The fact I managed to finish the game was a wonder at the time.

taplonaplo

Scholar
Just coz you hit the cap doesn't mean any XP you get is wasted. You still accumulate it, so BG2 will begin with multiple level ups i imagine.

ironyuri

taplonaplo said:
Just coz you hit the cap doesn't mean any XP you get is wasted. You still accumulate it, so BG2 will begin with multiple level ups i imagine.

I thought BG2 capped imported character XP at 80,000 or some such? Or is that just for new characters?

taplonaplo

Scholar
Imported chars only lose equipment. New characters start out with 89k xp as per vanilla BG1 XP cap.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Never imported a tutu character, so I don't know how this works, but my imported chars from BG1 started with 161 000 XP (TotSC cap).

taplonaplo

Scholar
You can check it out with Shadow Keeper how much XP you actually got, there is no way your XP isn't beyond 161k, it's just a .2da file preventing you from using up any more. It's possible Tutu does something with your char when you finish the game for that purpose, truth to be told i only remember bringing my char from BGT, which obviously didn't get a reset.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
You are right, ShadowKeeper says 412499 XP. If importing from tutu works like importing from BG2, there's a chance we will keep this and get multiple levelups at start of SoA/ToB.

Orgasm

Barely Literate
I'd like to see the demon from tosc and the demon knight from durlags tower solo'ed. :M

Hieromancer

Educated
Orgasm said:
I'd like to see the demon from tosc and the demon knight from durlags tower solo'ed. :M

Ugh, the demon is a complete pain in the ass to solo. I definitely wouldn't recommend it. Also, to open it up you have to do all or most of the other TotSC stuff, which is largely boring. Taking on the demon and the host of crap in Durlag's Tower would be an exercise in tedium and completely cheap tactics (with emphasis on completely cheap tactics in regards to the demon).

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
I declare the voting closed. Thanks to everyone for participating.
Will try to update today, but no promises.

edit: Final Results:

2 votes for Werewolf Island (ironyuri and DramaticPopocorn), 3 against (taplonaplo, azira, bandaid) and 3 undecided or conditional ones (Crooked Bee, Malakal, desocupado). That means no werewolves.

Also, one vote for Durlag's Tower and Ulgoth's Beard demon (Orgasm) and one against (hieromancer), so we're not doing that too.

another edit: No update today, sorry. Try tomorrow afternoon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom