Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's succeed at RimWorld!

ValeVelKal

Arcane
The new pawn should either have your name (but I suspect the other survivor will kill him for that) or be called Storyfag

ValeVelKal

Arcane
We will need some fresh blood for the next succession... and for the next pawns given how fast they are burned through :)

asfasdf

robot
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I built some sarcophagus and got some nice eulogies.

Andnjord
w9fdj5h.png

Demo.Graph
E02gTbr.png

ItsChon
DTpYf5i.png

Johannes
ssIgXoX.png

tindrli
oFMOQAC.png

vazha
PCkx7kz.png

On a side note, AdvancedHero offered himself for the next succession.

Last edited:

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
:lol: I absolutely LOVE tindrli's sarcophagus description! Who's feeling loss, and who's the tyrant I wonder?

Also, while I appreciate the sentiment, I cannot take any credit for this wonderful LP. I've bowed out of actually taking the reign, due to too busy a schedule between work and family crises.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Nice. Just to update my list (I edited the opening message with everything that happened in the last month) :

Andnjord SmartCheetah : You are supposed to be the two next ones in the playing list, for when asfasdf, if he survives. Still in ?

Can't do right now, sir :( And won't be able to for a while, unfortunately. Got a lot of projects going around, lot of things to do. I'll probably pass totally because it could possibly take me so much time I won't be able to play any games till summer.

asfasdf

robot
Patron
These are the events that transpired on summer.

Following suggestions, I released Azira and, yeah, he joined again.
oOMPq77.png

Ok, instead of arresting the visitors, let us trade with them. I bought some medicine in exchange for an ugly sculpture.
SrdTCbd.png

Life is hard in primordia, and mechanoids are here once again
JVK9OUt.png

I accounted 2 lancers and 3 pikemen, will try something with emp near the turrets.
F3nwBgl.png

Here you can see me (former man in black) launching grenades at the turrets entry point.
GpF5G8B.png

The silly plan worked and, despite a taking few shots on the back from the turrets, we defeated the robots.
9EQieeH.png

We arrested a couple of savages who were strolling around, our future colonists.
XGiO6J7.png

It is suddenly very hot
Kbu3gRI.png

Heatstrokes are a common thing now. For now I am stationing people with heatstrokes in the fridge.
7tOmTSh.png

The scanner is bearing fruits, we got some deep plasteel here.
aeZOyOm.png

Someone up there likes us, and sent some potatoes.
6FcG6Bv.png

An opportunity comes up, but I am not sure I can craft spines that fast.
qjygZAD.png

Let us attack a base. A shuttle arrived and we need to send 6 warriors for a showdown.
khqabP4.png

I brought everybody but Azira. The enemy position seems weak, so let's see what we can do.
ntX7w8X.png

The enemies are quickly dispatched, with the doctor taking some minor wounds.
ePcfstd.png

As a reward, comtesse reaps some honor. Local loot is garbage so I quickly go back, will tend my wounds back in base.
EAI0FMT.png

Steel (or lack thereof) is becoming a major issue. I started some deep steel grabbing operation
jRhSxNh.png

And the robots are back.
Vr8SXSG.png

On the bright side, it seems to be only two of them. On a less bright side, they dropped inside the base, so no cheesing them in the killbox.
PiaMFUx.png

Luckly no centipedes. So I will merely rush them and pray.
2xIoZ4g.png

They focus on the animals for some silly reason, this skirmish costs a horse one leg, and some damage to my solar panels.
uh3jyoh.png

SmartCheetah will get a bionic eye.
bQhZbnC.png

And the doctor goes in a daze in the middle of surgery, while the patient is sedated. Not very professional. Oh well.
odQGy2d.png

Fortunately Azira manages to finish it without incidents.
S0lUSsQ.png

We now have the flu.
BsxRBuA.png

Now some imperials want to slack around the base. I will try it for another colonist.
4E4Va0k.png

And we recruited one of the prisoners. He will be now Storyfag if I get this right.
cCY6iEJ.png

New guy is a cook mostly, and that is what he will be doing.
fyDVOYt.png

And so ends summer. The battle against the flu is proving harder than fighting the bugs, and I had to provide SmartCheetah with some glitterworld meds (his immunity was lagging behind). The first half of my term is done.
glvA4Nw.png

Johannes

Arcane
Who are the new prisoners, where'd you got em from? The friendly tribe passer-bys? And how are their stats

Also don't tell me you didn't hunt those thrumbos seen on the pics

asfasdf

robot
Patron
The prisoners are from Bico people, a local tribe. For some reason they didn't turn hostile when I arrested them, some bug?

I am more interested in the other prisoner, particularly in the Animals skill:

FCfHBHL.png

He is Neurotic though, which is always a pain.

Thrumbos came when I was still recovering from the slaughter, so no thrumbo hunting.

asfasdf

robot
Patron
All right, since it is weekend I played one more week. These are truly interesting times.

The flu is becoming a serious issue, I suppose SmartCheetah can be saved, but I am not sure.
rIgI07n.png

Well, he seems to have developed immunity, so there is that.
4YGX47o.png

One of the imperials is now on go frenzy, which means she can walk twice as fast. And now she can be twice as useless.
hVxOVMQ.png

And a new challenge arises, we have to kill no less than 36 angry cougars. The way combat is built in this game a pack like this is more dangerous than a bunch of armed thugs or mechanoids. The question, naturally, is whether the sentry guns can kill these fast enough. I don't think there is any fun in avoiding quests like this, so let's try to kill the things. I will go for the psychic powers reward.
Tc6tmPI.png

I added another turret before the onslaught, let's hope that is enough.
isFVgXT.png

This time a group of allies joined the fight, I will use them as cannon fodder.
tS7fEOw.png

xZbl26S.png

The critters are here. I placed people in shooting positions mostly, let's see.
31eGDn4.png

My valiant allies are breaking down before the battle even begins, ugh.
U0gZy3a.png

Things start silly, some Bico People visitors are the first target of the cougars, I guess they won't stand a chance.
1gGgdWp.png

Life is never easy and one of the visitors managed to open a door, and now I have a bunch of animals inside the base.
qphWADA.png

The battle turns out to be quite bloody.
wswkFND.png

It goes in the usual way: everybody is down again.
m9Lp7d0.png

One of the imperials died, so this quest is blown.
MDHkrt5.png

Ok, I scrambled the last standing colonist on a desperate rescure mission. It was a close call but none of the colonists is at risk of dying of blood loss. Now I need to deal with infections and our other bane, malnutrition. The mercs are all dead though. SmartCheetah is working around the clock to save everybody.
kiC3eZS.png

Since we are a magnet for trouble, things get heated up again: a raid has arrived.
WKdXXuK.png

I send ValeVelKal to rebuild the southern door, the only hope here is that the raiders choose to attack via the defenses area. If they decide to sap the walls, well, this might be my last entry.
88MAai6.png

The raid isn't that large, so let's see.
3UgX917.png

And ValeVelKal botches it, oh well.
gkvC126.png

All right, I confess I didn't even see the raiders beginning their assault, I was looking after my binging patients. The door was rebuilt by AgentFrancis, so they decided to go via guns. Fatal mistake. They were quickly dispatched and now we have more bodies piling up on the base.
E7vOh1C.png

Comtesse is on a murdering rage. She is going to jail I am afraid
1JvRYbt.png

There is this prison contract quest, but it needs constant caring of blood rotting prisoners. I will pass on this one
hAZFBok.png

The unburied 'colonists' are making everybody nervous. So, I will start cremating everybody right away.
GQETmn3.png

I managed to find a few roaming cougars and put an end to the menace. At least we got some rewards. Also Azira is throwing a tantrum.
7bHNtkr.png

And so goes another week of bloody affairs, I might even make it to the end of winter.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
damn, it seems I got of lucky regarding the number of raids I got

Don't forget that Comtesse, with her title, has access to a bombardement and imperial reinforcements. Though Comtesse would have to pay some honor to use them, as I already used them last year.

asfasdf

robot
Patron
Another week goes by, winter is coming.

I made a gunlink for our shooters. Too bad everybody sucks at shooting here
jnf8TLk.png

And our nemesis is back. Insects now dig up from our pacific drilling operation into their homes. Maybe this time I will have better luck
5JhqNM3.png

Well, it is just 5 of them this time, not the dozens we faced last time.
5Oh3XDf.png

Ok, that was... anticlimatic. The bugs are gone, back to digging
fk8kJF8.png

And, out of nowhere, the mechanoids deployed a weather controller thing. Foggy rain isn't that bad, some people will complain of being wet but eh, at least no fires. I will send an expedition later, maybe.
XUfRzN1.png

Meanwhile, I have been asked to take care of a couple dogs. I am surely not wasting medicine on those, although they just need to survive for a day. I will risk it, maybe they won't die for a day on just basic tending.
aVrIu23.png

I got a bunch of tribals to aid me with the raid.
EQHdgDq.png

I tended the dogs without meds, let's see if they survive
vcZfYf0.png

And here they are. Sappers are bad news, they will be trying to dig through walls.
d22UiO9.png

While most of them go through to the turrets, some go west to try and break the walls.
TZAlRNN.png

Ok, after most of them died the rest fled. Now for the next raids.
pjGodJ5.png

For the next attack, they split in two groups. This one is on the west, the other one is on the southeast corner
i18aLOx.png

I sent the tribals to hold one group
549A961.png

I am trying to attack the other group but some soldiers went around the long way north. On the other front, the tribals seem to be losing.
u3E6B2t.png

The tribals are overwhelmed, and now I got people banging my south walls
wtDNQxa.png

They broke down a west wall
J0jj8W0.png

It seems the east group decided to kidnap the tribals and beat it. Well, good riddance.
kL8DNsc.png

And a few comtesse sword blows convinced the rest to flee. The second wave is defeated
CnGhQiZ.png

The third wave arrives, I will try to lure them into the guns. On a side note, I half expect we get quests to rescue the kidnapped tribals later. Fat chance.
ZNxtwik.png

I used one of the psychic insanity lances, they will fight each other I guess
eYNRDsN.png

Let's see if they chase me to the guns
zR5k4Kp.png

It works, and now we have a battle with turrets
aDo2o2M.png

They are a bit persistent, and the battle cost me a few of the smaller turrets. It seems the quest is over, I just hope the damn dogs are still alive.
bYM5zxa.png

Ok, dogs loaded into the shuttle then sent away, we now reap the rewards
b8YrFKw.png

I got this... thing. Really. Sometimes I wonder about people who make these games.
GrH2Fyw.png

I got some prisoners from the raid. I was thinking of getting another miner, or we can just harvest their organs.
P0GkSuc.png

Ok, I had enough of this rain, time to attack the mechs.
hYocYny.png

I will take everybody but Azira, who can't fight. I am taking EMP grenades also. Let us hope nobody attacks the base meanwhile.
0acMMLg.png

As the caravan leaves, we recruit another prisoner. So RK47 joins us.
jVHtrrb.png

So, almost a full day of travel.
5s9LAga.png

We arrived at the site. Battling these centipedes will be hell, I will probably try to sneak around.
t4Abmtd.png

This might work, I will chop the big thing and beat it.
Ryni1zU.png

It is done, now it is time to run.
Hl0Nnpn.png

Ok, that was silly, let us get back to base
UGJwwLb.png

And winter is upon us.

Last edited:

asfasdf

robot
Patron
Winter has come and gone. These are the consequences:

We are back in the base, and a quest appears. We need to craft 10x shield belts of decent quality. Let me see if I can craft them fast enough. It should cost around 200 plasteel and 500 steel.
ZQXMsCW.png

And another quest is available, this time we have to assault a pirate base, with no less than 9 soldiers. I will summon the shuttle immediatelly.
2tSv0jC.png

The strict requirements mean we are bringing everybody. The pirates are mostly waiting in a central construction, I will try to snipe them and lure them into attacking us.
5JFm08T.png

The plan is simple, attract them to this enclosed space here, then chop them.
a8rZqy8.png

These trees provide terrible cover, and the battle is embittered.
31qidtF.png

A few chops later and they decide to flee
FjhAilI.png

And we reap some honor
1smjXmc.png

And now Comtesse earned the title of Praetor. I need a throne room with more columns or something first though.
6W2l4vt.png

The battle cost AgentFrancis several fingers on his right hand, I will try to make a bionic arm for him
umn5LU1.png

And the spoiled lass is making nonsensical demands already.
Nix8xo9.png

My shield belt production is moving at fast pace, I will probably make them fast enough.
TnwN8rh.png

And everything is ready for the bestowing ceremony. Comtesse will now be a praetor
aRBTJOk.png

Ok, I crafted enough belts. Now it is time to send a caravan, and claim our rewards.
DdrYyxu.png

I will send just a couple colonists, and some animals to carry the burden.
mRoEWI3.png

I changed my mind and sent a doctor also. In other news, I made a monument to please our nobility.
5Zo2B9M.png

The caravan arrived, and another quest is done. I got some plasteel and a monosword as a reward.
wWnn6QR.png

Some mechs landed nearby (again).
5F01xVh.png

The situation isn't good, they have a dynamo, which will effectively shut down all of our electronics in a couple days. They also have a centipede, and these things are nearly unkillable. The mech beacon will bring reinforcement, which makes the whole thing unpredictable.
7b64qDO.png

Meanwhile, the caravan is attacked by tribals. Time to shoot some savages.
xnGTQ9Z.png

They charge bravely...
1TkH0Uy.png

... and are easily dispatched.
ws6L1RI.png

Back in the base, I ordered a mortal shelling of the cluster. My plan is to provoke them, then have the turrets pound the things.
pTnLMmY.png

It seems my mortar operators are terrible at aiming, so I will just snipe them instead.
pTnLMmY.png

My sniper sucks also, but at least the cluster is awaken. Let us see.
T17bFlz.png

The beacon summons another centipede, ugh. My plan didn't work very well, either, they aren't charging.
RCbCGCo.png

After a bit more shelling, they decided to attack, the end is nigh.
BGd22IK.png

We are now struggling against centipedes on the choke point of the defenses.
kvtEbKG.png

The first centipede is gone, but the other is charging my animals, I think.
V6r7vr0.png

It changed its mind, and decided to be pierced by turrets.
EF076nf.png

Victory comes, but it is not over yet. I need to kill the dynamo thing now.
XqAXurH.png

Turrets mean I will try to snipe the thing.
vcVjshj.png

With the sniper hitting every tree and rock and wall under the sun, this will take a while.
hBjUeB0.png

This was getting silly, so I rushed somebody with a charge rifle.
2jrLqpy.png

The caravan has returned, and one turret still stands. I will try to snipe it again
q8hNjnk.png

I got tired of it, and just sent some melee to finish the turret. The menace is gone
DYm2YY8.png

The installation of the bionic arm on AgentFrancis was a disaster, the arm is lost in the process
u4otEUU.png

And another raid is upon us.
GiImCCm.png

These raids are getting larger, let's see.
(I botched this screenshot)

One of them starts beating my doors, so I will finish him first.
ocV0Cf4.png

The remaining raiders go through the defenses.
6WCyQe7.png

The battle is brutal, but we win.
hUgzbVP.png

Another recruit joins, another miner.
sS2jE4h.png

I will now harvest a heart from my prisoners.
TkjYJOB.png

Well, it turns out heart harvesting has some large mood penalties, -16 in total. Also, 'innocent' prisoner? Really?
mbfXwo9.png

I installed the heart in Comtesse, no more prosthetic hearts.
tgRSPz6.png

And it is done. AdvancedHero step in.

Last edited:

asfasdf

robot
Patron
This was fun. The situation is pretty comfortable at the base right now I would say. The deep mining yielded a lot of steel, and there are enough potatoes/rice/meat for another year probably. The raids are getting larger, so more fun should come. I managed to tame a lot of animals again, so whoever is playing now can have all the joys of micromanaging them.

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Thanks asfasdf ! That was cool ; nice to see I am not the WORST player :p.

So AdvancedHero now.

I would like to point out that with RK47 and Storyfag added to the pawns, we are running out of names, AND we don't have anyone to play after AdvancedHero either.

Casual Hero

Augur
ahem
Let's get started, hm?
Ah... how many days has it been since I passed up the last apple tree? 2... no, 3 days. I thought I was going to die alone in the middle of nowhere, but miraculously I seem to have stumbled upon some kind of settlement by the Bangaltas Bay. Turrets line the shabby walls of this encampment, so I had to be cautious, but I managed to slip in somehow without being detected on the west side of the wall.
I kept hidden, and began to observe the goings on of this strange small colony, and in retrospect, I am glad I stayed hidden; things don't seem to be going too well. I sit here now, at the end of the day with my journal, and write- hopefully this record will be of some use to me in the future. Until things settle down, I will try to avoid interacting with this colony.
The first morning got off to an interesting start...
A person who I came to know as AgentFrancis seemed to be very irritated, and was running around the entire compound spouting off insults at people. The reason? Hmm, something about organ-harvesting and "morals".
LWBNfNH.png

Things began to snowball from here; you could feel the tension in the air.
akjA2kF.png

And then without warning, some kind of fight erupted from the kitchen:
PYSTxH8.png

Yikes.

Storyfag was carried off to the hospital, and was tended to by Vale. Things seemed to settle down after the fight.

Well, I say that things settled down, but that would be a bit misleading. The ground had begun to shake, and before anyone could do much of anything to prepare, a swarm of Megaspiders tunneled out of the ground and began to charge right for the colony.
ulqUFGh.png

Things were looking a little grim:
FWanZ4A.png

Storyfag and AgentFrancis were quickly rushed to the hospital, while the Megaspiders ran around the outside of the base killing every animal they came across.
ajTjRnO.png

The colonists gathered in the north side of the camp, hoping to draw the creatures into the range of the turrets... but this didn't lead to much. After an hour of wandering the walls of the base, the spiders went back to the tunnels they came from and started to build hives.

Everyone was visibly shaken up by all of this, but ValeVelKal seemed especially on edge. Well, sure enough, SmartCheetah (equally bothered by all of this) threw an insult at Val- and it was not taken lightly. Suddenly overcome by some kind of craze of anger, Val charged down the hall after SmartCheetah, whipped their rifle out violently. SmartCheetah seemed to panic, and ran into what looked like the colony tomb.
This may have been a poor choice:
wRymM9P.png

This mad chase scene continued through the halls, eventually leading Val to Comtesse's room, where they were sleeping. Val would have none of this, and while SmartCheetah ran out of the room, Val began to smash their rifle into Comtesse as they slept.

A short chase, and then a high-pitched scream.

Oh no...
1Fz32oD.png

i0TGaZH.png

A sudden wave of guilt seemed to hit Val, but this was apparently replaced with a rush for more blood, as Val began chasing RK down the hall.

It was blood for blood, and something had to be done. The commotion seemed to have woken the rest of the colonists, and someone came running down the hall to help RK47:
zeuukoU.png

Apparently SmartCheetah decided to finish what he started, and knocked Val to the ground. They moved Val to the hosptial, and things seemed to mellow out a little- enough for everyone to feel the despair in the air.

Comtesse has been killed, a hive of Megaspiders sits outside the walls, and half of the colonists are in some kind of daze.

Maybe the new sun in the morning will brighten up the atmosphere? Until then, things aren't looking too good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom