Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's Succeed at Ruling the Waves 2: Electric Boogaloo

Chaosdwarft

Learned
Patron
Meh, with all the update RTW2 had since we started the AAR, I feel like we should end it here and start a new one.

It was really cool.

Yes I second that motion. And if it doesn't happen we can always start some random thread to blame our respective top national politicians.

JBeil

Novice
Any movement on a new game? I've just binged both the threads you chaps put together and I've massively enjoyed both!

Dayyālu

Arcane
Any movement on a new game? I've just binged both the threads you chaps put together and I've massively enjoyed both!

If you are in, I could start a new thread.... but I suggest to wait until the 1.19 patch, it should be out soonish.

For reasons.

1200px-Hiddensee_P-20_missile.jpg

Dayyālu

Arcane
Wait, are they going all modern era on us now?

50-ies era missile tech was planned since the beginning (and the German projects are WW2). They didn't implement them until now, but it's another way to completely blow up the game balance (akin to the fooockin' ATGMs in post WW2 tank gaming).

Late-game tech, tho.

ValeVelKal

Arcane
ON a totally different topic - anyone would be interested by a RimWorld succession game (or a call of war succession game, for a total schizophrenic experience for the other players)

ValeVelKal

Arcane

Dayyālu

Arcane

As much as I love RTW, I don't know how adding more to the lategame can turn out well. I'd have instead more time to play with 19th century tech, because the air spam in the late 40ies-50ies was already unbearable if you played with realistic air research.

Everyone that suffered the endgame Mediterranean Circus Air Madness will know what I am talking about. Ironclads, casemated ships and armoured ships-of-the-line despite being low tech seems more.... apt to the RTW engine.

Luka-boy

Arcane

As much as I love RTW, I don't know how adding more to the lategame can turn out well. I'd have instead more time to play with 19th century tech, because the air spam in the late 40ies-50ies was already unbearable if you played with realistic air research.

Everyone that suffered the endgame Mediterranean Circus Air Madness will know what I am talking about. Ironclads, casemated ships and armoured ships-of-the-line despite being low tech seems more.... apt to the RTW engine.
Still...
* 1890 start date.
:thumbsup:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom