Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's talk about Lacrymas' homebrew fantasy setting where paladins are eunuchs

Discussion in 'The Gazebo' started by Larianshill, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Meredoth Arcane

Meredoth
    Another suggestion. Mages tends to transform zealot inquisitors into fuck dolls for many years which traumatizes then so much that even after they reincarnate in other worlds, they keep their mage hate. hu3hu3hu3hu3

• Funny Funny x 3
    ^ Top  
  2. SoupNazi rial billionaire Patron

SoupNazi
    Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands
    I have a suggestion for Meredoth - how about you get off your ass and organize that S&W game you promised us?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Reinhardt Arcane

Reinhardt
    See? Mages are fags.

^ Top  
  4. Ol' Willy Arcane Zionist Agent

Ol' Willy
    This thread is still alive

:abyssgazer:

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Yes, because the setting is alive in our hearts still.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Meredoth Arcane

Meredoth
    I din't promised, just said that if there is nobody to DM, I maybe can try. And was not S&W, was AS&SH(astonishing swordsman and sorcerers of hyperborea). Only you seems interested in playing and I din't tough that the game was that rule heavy. BTW, teh game is very Conanesque and much less magical than D&D.

You can see Greater Daemons with 8 hit dices and lv 8 and at this level, PC's are expected to own strongholds, become the Barbarian chieftain, owning a Assassin's guild and so on. Getting a level requires spending gold and weeks in game time to get a single level. Casters also require more XP to level up compared to non casters and casters can't cause massive meteor rains multiple times per day. Freezing a enemy heart(circle 6) or summoning Ice Daemons(which is very risky) is the maximum that a cryomancer can attain in game. The lv cap is 12.

Also has a lot of cool classes, Cataphract all about mounted combat, Berserker, Barbarian, Runegreaver, Shaman, Illusionist, Necromancer, Cryomancer and so on. Many classes are a bit different than traditional 2E D&D. The game also has a unique calendar And a amazing arstyle

Arstyle (open)
    [​IMG]

Source of image https://www.hyperborea.tv/

Yep. Most memorable setting of the Codex. Eunuch Paladins will be memorable as "roll for Anal circumference" from FATAL.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
    • /facepalm/ /facepalm/ x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Who the hell else even knew you were interested, nigga.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Cael Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

Cael
    Tauting a Conan setting game and not alerting the resident barbarian is a crime that can only be settled via getting Crom'd.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Rage Rage x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Larianshill Scholar

Larianshill
    I'm not interested in playing, but I will observe, should this actually happen.

^ Top  
  10. SoupNazi rial billionaire Patron

SoupNazi
    Blah blah blah. You're just talk but no action. Everyone else who wanted to get a TTRPG going on the 'Dex has managed, including me who has no clout AND I ran a completely obscure ruleset AND an extremely unusual setting.

You've exerted zero effort in trying to run it or even trying to get someone else to run it, therefor you are a fluke and your words no longer have any honor.

• Deus Vult Deus Vult x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Meredoth Arcane

Meredoth

LOL.

I'm a dyehard magefag who always plays as a magic user and work out every single day(except in weekends), and am quite strong. I can "cock" my 175 lbf crossbow using my bare hands only, can accurately fire multiple shots of a .30-06 rifle in rapid succession, have no problem dealing with the recoil of a shotgun either. Can lift 100 kg in bench press and 500kg(about 1100 lb) in leg press 45º. My job is very nerdy too(I'm a developer).

Here is a video as proof of my Strength. Before Reinhardt mentions the "black guys", as he is the greatest african lover on Codex, I live in a white minority country. So most people in my gym are not white.
    gym (open)

You are right. I should have putted more effort. Sadly I'm not a good DM. I had only two DM experiences in my life.

1 - My old 3E high school group. Nobody wanted to DM, so we had a DM "rotation".
    2 - A single S&W game after the first DM DMed the group and everyone leaved after a first session.

I've used mostly pre made maps from the Ship of Horrors, but honestly, I'm struggling with the most basics aspects in DM. Any tutorial on how to make maps and so on? I really wanna to play or DM it. And if anyone joins, be adviced. I'm not a good DM. Lastly, I"m not promising anything but I will put more effort into it.

^ Top  
  12. Larianshill Scholar

Larianshill
    ...but Victor, I posted this image 8 months ago. Why did you feel the need you must reply to it so defensively, to the point of posting a video of yourself in the gym?

^ Top  
  13. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    "Putting muscles on a magefag does not give him strength"
    -Conanfucius.

^ Top  
  14. NJClaw OoOoOoOoOoh Patron

NJClaw
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I'm Ridin' with Biden I'm Ridin' with Biden
    I'd love to play more on the Codex, but I can't because every time I say something people start making these sounds:

The reason completely eludes me.

• nice nice x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Meredoth Arcane

Meredoth
    I din't saw your post earlier. Only read the first dozens of pages recently(yesterday while doing aerobic exercises - bike at the gym to be honest) The notion that people who like to play as magic users in RPG's are weaklings IRL is very wrong.

The question is what is strength? Thulsa Doom knows the answer.

Which programs do you use to make maps and basic stuff like that? I'm not a good DM. If I ever make a AS&SH game, I plan to start with the party as slaves in a gladiatorial Arena, something more simple to just start.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    You drive a bugati or something? That could be it.

Nix, all his talk got him was a weight off his head.

^ Top  
  17. SoupNazi rial billionaire Patron

SoupNazi
    Meredoth You don't need programs and fancy shit to run a game of TTRPGs, Victor. Especially if it's a oneshot then all you need is Discord and you can share your screen for maps and pictures of NPCs and whatnot. If you'd want to take it further afterwards then there's always Roll20 which is free or a plethora of other tabletop simulators that are usually paid software and work great. Plus there are hexcrawl generators, dungeon designers etc. but none of that is really necessary to run a game if you really want to run a game. All you need is players, a rulebook and you own will and imagination.

Fancy maps and graphics and whatnot are not a sign of a good DM, imgination and willingness to let players play and adjudicate are. You don't even need to prep for it there are plenty of existing adventures you can run out of the book.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  18. Meredoth Arcane

Meredoth
    LOL. A question. Do you hate "martial" casters too? Night King/White Walkers in Game of thrones are the most iconic example, they are quite powerful cryomancers and necromancers but they use mostly magical ice created weapons to fight, I honestly enjoyed a lot Dark Souls 3 Convergence mod as a Cryomancer. Leviathan Axe is my favorite weapon in that mod and one of the my favorite weapons. Loved the moveset, weapon art and everything. When I played Morrowind, I attempted to enchant a axe to be similar to it. I believe that is a GoW weapon(not sure)

Thanks a lot. I will learn more about rolld20. TBH I was trying to get some people from Cheb Gonaz discord. But I will prepare more.

Would be interesting to see Larinshill there. He hates 2E. Lets see how he reacts to a retroclone very similar to 2E.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
    ^ Top  
  19. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    If it's a caster it earns my unending wrath, boundless contempt and general scorn.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Demo.Graph Savant

Demo.Graph
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Nuke it from orbit Nuke it from orbit x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Meredoth Arcane

Meredoth
    Funny but casters are masters of the strongest forces of unverse(weave/magic), capable of shaping reality.

Even in low magical settings like Game of Thrones, Night King can bring deadly Blizzards by his mere presence alone, raise hordes of undead enemies and reanimate dragons, craft magical ice weapons by manipulating the water in the molecular structure to create extremely strong ice, capable of cutting any armor. And in physical strength alone, he can throw a ice Javelin at 200m+, while even the strongest humans IRL can't even throw a spear at 100m.

And in high magical settings, we have Karsus, Elminster, Vecna...

^ Top  
  22. Reinhardt Arcane

Reinhardt
    :retarded:At least read the books, nigga, mentioning SLAY KWEEN shit in civilizedbarbarous discussion is just...

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Tl;dr casters got to cheat to win.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Eldagusto Novice

Eldagusto
    What's this setting used for? Homebrew games? Writing? How did this Thread even get Started?!

^ Top  
  25. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    It's split from off hand statements from some other thread.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.