Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lichdom: Battlemage, PC-exclusive "first person spellcaster" - Released

Leimreу

Novice
I'm pretty sure this game will be inferior to Oblivion + Midas Magic or Skyrim + Mighty Magic + Midas Magic mods. The gameplay looks pretty much the same as unmodded Skyrim mage gameplay, which is just bland. The fact that the player needs to backpedal instead of casting defensive spells already makes it shit, in my opinion.

Delterius

Arcane
Lichdom also brings a vast, loot-based approach to spell casting. Players get to craft their own spells, rather than finding books or trainers that teach spells others have constructed. By manipulating a diverse set of properties, players can decide how they want their spells to behave and interact with other spells. Players choose between ultimate diversity in spell selection, or powerful, but complex, synergies to create new, dynamic effects with a smaller selection of spells.

So far, this might be the game's saving throw. Provided a high enough roll, we might be looking at a first person game that focuses on spellcreation and exploration. An illiterate graphic whore's Morrowind, one might say.

That might be excessive hope, however.

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
Wow, I almost fell asleep just by reading about this shit...

How is this even an ARPG? Looks more like a 'fantasy shooter'.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Truly a Classic cRPG.

Yeah, I'm ignoring the new forum names and continuing to treat this one as "PC RPGs" and the other one as "Console RPGs". If Jaesun wants to move it though, I won't complain.

Delterius

Arcane
Truly a Classic cRPG.

Yeah, I'm ignoring the new forum names and continuing to treat this one as "PC RPGs" and the other one as "Console RPGs". If Jaesun wants to move it though, I won't complain.
Well, if one goes by the meaning of the word Classic, then the forum as a whole ignores it. Otherwise, we'd have respective Computer and Classic RPG forums.

vorvek

Augur
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Finally, the first RPG with AMD Trueaudio. Every RPG after this one that doesn't feature that will feel so bleak. I hope it spawns at least three sequels, each with even better sound systems.

Name

Cipher
I always thought when going up against a wizard in combat, you don't just charge and hope to hack and slash as much as possible...
How about grapple? From behind?
Or snipe him with bows and crossbows?
Well he could have protection from these effective methods... then why fight a wizard at all? They are gods. Avoid at all cost.

Don Peste

Arcane
Boring, repetitive, uninspired and coward, good at 75% off (With co-op & Steam cards).

DramaticPopcorn

why the fuck is that in crpg forum jesus christ

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I was kinda hoping to see some discussion about mechanics of being/becoming a lich in D&D games, then I saw this :<

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
why the fuck is that in crpg forum jesus christ

Yeah, looks like the official site is referring to this game as an "action adventure" now. Best move this thread to General Gaming.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom