Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Squeenix Lightning has returned! Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Returns - Out for PC now

Discussion in 'jRPG Weeaboo Discussion' started by Crooked Bee, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Crooked Bee (no longer) a wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Supposedly in 60 FPS, too.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/345350/

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. abnaxus Arcane Patron

abnaxus
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  3. Malpercio Arcane

Malpercio
    Fuck Lighting

^ Top  
  4. abnaxus Arcane Patron

abnaxus
    I totally would.

• Brofist Brofist x 9
    ^ Top  
  5. abnaxus Arcane Patron

abnaxus
    lel there's no why to control the camera with the mouse, you need to use IJKL

:hahyou:

keep trolling, Squeenix

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  6. MotherMachinae Arcane

MotherMachinae
    I heard there is time limit but still might check (unless it weight more than 5GB) and see if combat is not automatic like most TPP combat games in this decade.

[​IMG]

^ Top  
  7. taxalot I'm a spicy fellow. Patron

taxalot
    Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
    What is this ? 2010 ?

^ Top  
  8. vonAchdorf Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

vonAchdorf
    Steam says it's 22GB.

^ Top  
  9. MotherMachinae Arcane

MotherMachinae
    I put these GB out of my head. Had decent internet connection but with all these games in Steam Library (people call it backlog, silly I know) it's hard to focus on the one game.
    But not gonna lie - I want some combat TPP with no relying on rolling. Everytime I get disappointed - Severance: Blade of darkness is reinstalled on my HDD.

^ Top  
  10. Hobo Elf Arcane

Hobo Elf
    faggot

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. abnaxus Arcane Patron

abnaxus
    Better not play with womyn then.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Malpercio Arcane

Malpercio
    I still can't tell what is going on with that costume.

^ Top  
  13. Crooked Bee (no longer) a wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    So I tested it and the game does require internet connection and Steam Cloud to launch. You can't launch it in offline mode. There is no information yet on whether this is a DRM-like measure by Square Enix (in which case it has failed as DRM, since the game has been cracked anyway) or something they will address in a patch.

We all knew Square Enix would mess up the port in some way.

22 GB is the required disk space; the actual download is around 14GB.

^ Top  
  14. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    Tried it. Yep after garbage XIII-2 they even more fucked up story.

If there would be award for shitty story it FFXIII-2 and FFXIII-3 would get that award. At least FFXIII with their shitlong corridors had some story behind it that didn't felt like 5 year old wrote that (aside from 13 day mash up which was completely needles and confused simple story)

^ Top  
  15. Morality Games Arcane Patron

Morality Games
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Trailer isn't nearly as outrageous as I would have expected.

^ Top  
  16. Utgard-Loki Arcane

Utgard-Loki
    someone remind me why they pushed this nothing of a character so hard. did someone at square accidentally order too many lightning action figures they needed to get rid off?

^ Top  
  17. Morality Games Arcane Patron

Morality Games
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    What do you mean? She's a female variation on their company mascot, Cloud.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  18. abnaxus Arcane Patron

abnaxus
    With Cloud and Yuna summoner outfit you just wreck everything.

^ Top  
  19. Crooked Bee (no longer) a wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Those were pay-to-win DLCs originally, so no surprise there. You aren't really supposed to use them on your first playthrough.

^ Top  
  20. Monkeyfinger Augur

Monkeyfinger
    japanese liked her

^ Top  
  21. Cyberarmy Love fool Patron

Cyberarmy
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    First game probably was the most boring game I played ever and one of the rarest cases because I quited the game half way and never touched it again.
    But I'd like to give this one a chance till I read this...

Bloody hell...
    Does it have to be connected all the time or only when it launches? I don't really like torrenting stuff (becuase I live in a cave...) but it seems like they've forced my hand.

^ Top  
  22. Gerrard Arcane

Gerrard
    Source: your ass.

^ Top  
  23. HotSnack Cipher

HotSnack
    Show Spoiler

http://www.p4rgaming.com/motomu-tor...-to-dress-up-as-lightning-for-the-third-time/

Motomu Toriyama Frustrated by Girlfriend Refusing to Dress Up as Lightning for the Third Time
    BY JACK · FEBRUARY 11, 2014

In celebration of the Western release of Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, director Motomu Toriyama once again made a request to his girlfriend to dress up as Lightning to which she declined once again.[​IMG]Even before the initial announcement of Lightning Returns, Toriyama was enamored with the idea of having Lightning become the new face of Final Fantasy. His request has repeatedly been denied, but his love for the character still remains. This is quite evident through the many complaints his girlfriend has made over the years. Toriyama himself seems to be unaffected by these complaints even going as far as repeating them in various interviews.

“Lightning is truly beautiful, not to say my girlfriend is not,” said Toriyama during a press conference aboutFinal Fantasy XIII-2 in 2010. Many in the press were surprised to hear that Toriyama managed to get a girlfriend especially after the fiasco in 2008 when Toriyama was arrested for soliciting prostitutes. He still maintains that he was not paying them for sex but just wanted them to dress up as Lightning.

“But my girlfriend does not like Lightning,” continued Toriyama, “She keeps asking me when I am going to give up on Lightning and make a real video game. Little does she know I am making a real video game called Final Fantasy XIII-2. I just do not understand why she has to call me such mean names because of my request for her to dress up as Lightning. I only asked her twice and I think that there are many men out there who ask their girlfriends to dress up as her. This is not a weird request.”

[​IMG]Members of the press in Japan today were surprised to hear that Toriyama has managed to maintain this same girlfriend even after hearing all of the complaints she made about him in the years before. Toriyama revealed his growing impatience with his girlfriend when talking about the Western review scores forLightning Returns.

“Seven out of ten is a wonderful score for this game because seven is Lightning’s favorite number,” explained Toriyama today, “I am glad that so many people in the United States and beyond can appreciate what Lightning has done for the video game world. If only my girlfriend understood. She locked me out of our apartment the other day when I asked her to dress up as Lightning to celebrate the release of Lightning Returns in the west. I thought the third time would work and it has been over three years since the last time I asked.”

“But to be honest, I am this close to breaking up with her,” said a frustrated Toriyama, “There is blame on both sides however. She refuses to dress up as Lightning, I accidentally called her Lightning a few times. We both have made mistakes. The most important thing is that my work does not suffer and looking at the review scores for Lightning Returns, I can truly say that I have made my magnum opus.”

After the interviews, Toriyama left the press area but came back a short while later to take away a large cardboard cutout of Lightning to presumably bring home.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. ZoddGuts Savant

ZoddGuts
    Because Square-Enix other projects including their game engines that they made were a failure, so they ended up reusing assets for the quick cash in sequels to make some of the money back wasted on their other projects. FFXIII Versus was going nowhere, FFXIV MMO was a huge bust and their game engines were pain in the ass to work with. No wonder they're using UE4 for most of their newer games and a few of their other games use Unity for godsake instead of their own engine that they spend years on.

^ Top  
  25. vonAchdorf Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

vonAchdorf
    XIII-2 was also kind of a signal to the fans that corridors weren't everything in future FF. I still don't know, why Lightning is so popular, even Vanille is more likeable.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.