Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix Lightning has returned! Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Returns - Out for PC now

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Supposedly in 60 FPS, too.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/345350/

Lightning Returns is the concluding chapter of the Final Fantasy XIII saga and series heroine Lightning's final battle. The grand finale of the trilogy brings a world reborn as well as free character customization and stunning action based battles.

The world is sinking into a sea of chaos, and in thirteen days, nothing will remain. Though the planet is doomed, there is still hope for those who call it home. After centuries in crystal stasis, a hero has awoken—a legendary warrior on a god-given mission to save the souls of mankind. Her name: Lightning. Blessed with incredible strength and an arsenal of new weapons, she has everything she needs for the coming battle. Everything except time. And now she must make an impossible choice...

ACTION-ORIENTED COMBAT
A new battle system gives a level of direct control over the action unlike any FINAL FANTASY game, while having iconic elements that are known and loved throughout the series too.

DLC CONTENT FROM THE ORIGINAL CONSOLE VERSION
The PC release will also include all the amazing DLC content from the original console version*, including Japanese voice-overs and various costumes, shields and weapons.
*Except for “FFVII Aerith Costume”

A CONSTANTLY MOVING, BEAUTIFUL WORLD
Stunning artistic direction depicts a doomed world filled with choice and diversity. Living, expansive environments featuring a rising and setting sun provide unique experiences for every player.

USE YOUR TIME WELL
A world on a course for total annihilation presents unique challenges; where certain areas, missions, and people will only be available during selected periods. How will you use your remaining time?

Supports graphics options intended for high-end PCs:
- Rendering resolution
- Scaling of the display area
- Shadow processing
- Texture filters
- Colour correction
- Depth of field
- Lighting
- Glare
Supports full screen and windowed display modes
Supports a maximum frame rate of 60fps
Supports Full HD display with a maximum resolution of 1920x1080

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
lel there's no why to control the camera with the mouse, you need to use IJKL

:hahyou:

keep trolling, Squeenix

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I heard there is time limit but still might check (unless it weight more than 5GB) and see if combat is not automatic like most TPP combat games in this decade.

tumblr_mnzi81fc4T1rjx0d8o1_500.gif

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I put these GB out of my head. Had decent internet connection but with all these games in Steam Library (people call it backlog, silly I know) it's hard to focus on the one game.
But not gonna lie - I want some combat TPP with no relying on rolling. Everytime I get disappointed - Severance: Blade of darkness is reinstalled on my HDD.

Crooked Bee

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So I tested it and the game does require internet connection and Steam Cloud to launch. You can't launch it in offline mode. There is no information yet on whether this is a DRM-like measure by Square Enix (in which case it has failed as DRM, since the game has been cracked anyway) or something they will address in a patch.

We all knew Square Enix would mess up the port in some way.

Steam says it's 22GB.

22 GB is the required disk space; the actual download is around 14GB.

Perkel

Arcane
Tried it. Yep after garbage XIII-2 they even more fucked up story.

If there would be award for shitty story it FFXIII-2 and FFXIII-3 would get that award. At least FFXIII with their shitlong corridors had some story behind it that didn't felt like 5 year old wrote that (aside from 13 day mash up which was completely needles and confused simple story)

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
someone remind me why they pushed this nothing of a character so hard. did someone at square accidentally order too many lightning action figures they needed to get rid off?

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
someone remind me why they pushed this nothing of a character so hard. did someone at square accidentally order too many lightning action figures they needed to get rid off?

What do you mean? She's a female variation on their company mascot, Cloud.

Crooked Bee

Patron
Those were pay-to-win DLCs originally, so no surprise there. You aren't really supposed to use them on your first playthrough.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
First game probably was the most boring game I played ever and one of the rarest cases because I quited the game half way and never touched it again.
But I'd like to give this one a chance till I read this...

So I tested it and the game does require internet connection and Steam Cloud to launch. You can't launch it in offline mode.

Bloody hell...
Does it have to be connected all the time or only when it launches? I don't really like torrenting stuff (becuase I live in a cave...) but it seems like they've forced my hand.

HotSnack

Cipher

http://www.p4rgaming.com/motomu-tor...-to-dress-up-as-lightning-for-the-third-time/

Motomu Toriyama Frustrated by Girlfriend Refusing to Dress Up as Lightning for the Third Time
BY JACK · FEBRUARY 11, 2014

In celebration of the Western release of Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, director Motomu Toriyama once again made a request to his girlfriend to dress up as Lightning to which she declined once again.Even before the initial announcement of Lightning Returns, Toriyama was enamored with the idea of having Lightning become the new face of Final Fantasy. His request has repeatedly been denied, but his love for the character still remains. This is quite evident through the many complaints his girlfriend has made over the years. Toriyama himself seems to be unaffected by these complaints even going as far as repeating them in various interviews.

“Lightning is truly beautiful, not to say my girlfriend is not,” said Toriyama during a press conference aboutFinal Fantasy XIII-2 in 2010. Many in the press were surprised to hear that Toriyama managed to get a girlfriend especially after the fiasco in 2008 when Toriyama was arrested for soliciting prostitutes. He still maintains that he was not paying them for sex but just wanted them to dress up as Lightning.

“But my girlfriend does not like Lightning,” continued Toriyama, “She keeps asking me when I am going to give up on Lightning and make a real video game. Little does she know I am making a real video game called Final Fantasy XIII-2. I just do not understand why she has to call me such mean names because of my request for her to dress up as Lightning. I only asked her twice and I think that there are many men out there who ask their girlfriends to dress up as her. This is not a weird request.”

Members of the press in Japan today were surprised to hear that Toriyama has managed to maintain this same girlfriend even after hearing all of the complaints she made about him in the years before. Toriyama revealed his growing impatience with his girlfriend when talking about the Western review scores forLightning Returns.

“Seven out of ten is a wonderful score for this game because seven is Lightning’s favorite number,” explained Toriyama today, “I am glad that so many people in the United States and beyond can appreciate what Lightning has done for the video game world. If only my girlfriend understood. She locked me out of our apartment the other day when I asked her to dress up as Lightning to celebrate the release of Lightning Returns in the west. I thought the third time would work and it has been over three years since the last time I asked.”

“But to be honest, I am this close to breaking up with her,” said a frustrated Toriyama, “There is blame on both sides however. She refuses to dress up as Lightning, I accidentally called her Lightning a few times. We both have made mistakes. The most important thing is that my work does not suffer and looking at the review scores for Lightning Returns, I can truly say that I have made my magnum opus.”

After the interviews, Toriyama left the press area but came back a short while later to take away a large cardboard cutout of Lightning to presumably bring home.

ZoddGuts

Augur

Because Square-Enix other projects including their game engines that they made were a failure, so they ended up reusing assets for the quick cash in sequels to make some of the money back wasted on their other projects. FFXIII Versus was going nowhere, FFXIV MMO was a huge bust and their game engines were pain in the ass to work with. No wonder they're using UE4 for most of their newer games and a few of their other games use Unity for godsake instead of their own engine that they spend years on.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Because Square-Enix other projects including their game engines that they made were a failure, so they ended up reusing assets for the quick cash in sequels to make some of the money back wasted on their other projects. FFXIII Versus was going nowhere, FFXIV MMO was a huge bust and their game engines were pain in the ass to work with. No wonder they're using UE4 for most of their newer games and a few of their other games use Unity for godsake instead of their own engine that they spend years on.

XIII-2 was also kind of a signal to the fans that corridors weren't everything in future FF. I still don't know, why Lightning is so popular, even Vanille is more likeable.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom