Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Squeenix Lightning has returned! Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Returns - Out for PC now

Discussion in 'jRPG Weeaboo Discussion' started by Crooked Bee, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Crooked Bee (no longer) a wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    I don't think Lightning is that popular, except with Toriyama. I don't play these games for the story, so I don't care much either way. Sazh is cool, though. Vanille is basically Rikku.

Every time it launches, as far as I can tell. Personally I always use cloud synchronization anyway, but it is a blatantly stupid decision on SE's part. I hope they look into patching it out.

^ Top  
  2. abnaxus Arcane Patron

abnaxus
    If you could only run during combat you would actually be able to take advantage of positioning. But Lightning can only slowly walk.

^ Top  
  3. Nikaido Arcane In My Safe Space

Nikaido
    Don't worry, they'll stop fetishizing the place after getting robbed and raped by Mohammed and Mouloud a few times and seeing nothing but niggers while they travel here as tourists.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    They listened: http://steamcommunity.com/games/345350/announcements/detail/72420586378760402

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  5. Jiggy Boobles TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™ Patron

Jiggy Boobles
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Funnily, last time I was in Paris I mostly saw about 90000000000000000 Japs doing peace signs, taking selfies and few Americans, all Texans for some reason, bitching about no one speaking MURICAN GOD DAMMIT!

This was in 2009, long before the word "selfie" even existed. And I wish it still didn't. Point is, the fapanese were already doing it. Actually some of the aforementioned Texans asked me to take a picture of them at the Place de la Concorde, in front of the obelisk. Imagine that, asking someone else to take your picture instead of using a retarded stick. Talking to other people, what is this, the dark ages?

Anyway, is RAITONINGU RETANZU FAINARU FANTASHI DOMO ARIGATO MISTA ROBOTO as horribly ported as the previous 2? The last post makes it seem so.

^ Top  
  6. Crooked Bee (no longer) a wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    ^ Top  
  7. amdus Arbiter

amdus
    According to comments on steam forums, to play the game steam cloud needs to be enabled even in offline mode. People that disabled cloud globally in steam client still can't play the game.

^ Top  
  8. deuxhero Arcane

deuxhero
    pseudo-DRM aside, how was the actual porting? I know the previous SE ports were super shitty.

^ Top  
  9. Crooked Bee (no longer) a wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Runs great for me. Definitely better than the FF XIII port.

I haven't tried the >1080p resolutions though.

^ Top  
  10. Crooked Bee (no longer) a wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    In other news, Lightning has returned... as a Louis Vuitton fashion model:

I approve.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  11. Utgard-Loki Arcane

Utgard-Loki
    this is just sad.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  12. Kruno Prophet Shitposter

Kruno
    The game is a fun action/adventure title. I like dressing women up like dolls and playing with them. :bounce:

^ Top  
  13. Martius Liturgist

Martius
    Alll that effort could go into entry with job system! :negative:

^ Top  
  14. Vikter Learned Patron

Vikter
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
    It is an entry with a job system.

In fact, it is one of the best job and combat systems in the franchise. Plus a kick ass soundtrack and Lightning is beautiful as a rose.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  15. CrimsonAngel Prophet

CrimsonAngel
    Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    That is the most Amazing stupid thing ever. I love it...

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. nil Cipher

nil
    At least she isn't doing a shitty reality show.

"Lightning Strikes Twice - A video game character turned factory worker's quest for higher pay"

^ Top  
  17. Malpercio Arcane

Malpercio

This article is BS. Everyone knows Lighting is Toriyama girlfriend.

^ Top  
  18. Martius Liturgist

Martius
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. HotSnack Cipher

HotSnack
    ^ Top  
  20. Crooked Bee (no longer) a wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    :fuuyeah:

^ Top  
  21. Vikter Learned Patron

Vikter
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
    I honestly hope Lightning appears everywhere, like FF7's remake and every other shit Square Enix. My reasons:
    • She's cool, pretty and I like her voice;
    • The thought of her appearing in any game apparently makes tr00 mature fans lose their shit;
    • Everyone is going to buy FF7 anyway. It won't matter if Square pisses a small minority off.
    Seriously. I dream that there will be a quest to ressurrect Aerith that will take hours, and then when you get her body to a magical river to ask for a goddess to revive her, Light's theme plays, she appears and tells us that we should let go. Then she joins the party and is basically Orlandu on steroids, so that everyone wants to use her.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Crooked Bee (no longer) a wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Took them long enough, but the Steam cloud is finally optional now:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Hirato Purse-Owner Patron

Hirato
    Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    I finally started playing it, and you can tell they definitely put a lot of effort into this port.
    Just have a look at the first tutorial screen that pops up.

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Jiggy Boobles TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™ Patron

Jiggy Boobles
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Same level of dedication as with the Daku Souru PC Porteru.

^ Top  
  25. abnaxus Arcane Patron

abnaxus
    Not like anyone reads tutorials, anyway.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.