Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lionheart: Stupid question

Anonymous

This is probably a very stupid question but i cant seem to find an answer anywhere.

Is lionheart combat turnbased like it was in fallout ?

Jed

Cipher
This is one of those situations where the question is quite reasonable, but the answer is...unfortunate.

J

Jed

Cipher
Being that the SPECIAL rule-set was designed for TB, I don't why they don't just mimick the FOT:BOS paradigm: Give us the option.

Spazmo

Erudite
Because that didn't work too well, either. FOT was designed with CTB in mind, but SPECIAL was designed with TB in mind. The simple fact of the matter is that SPECIAL games should be turn-based. Then again, God forbid we should get anything but a fantasy real-time RPG.

Jed

Cipher
Don't mistake me: my preference by far is pure TB. I just know that the market-driven nature of gaming combined with the perception that TB isn't popular means the best we can hope for from a non-Indie developer is probably real-time with a TB option tacked on.

Jed

Deathy

Liturgist
The problem here is that this game is shaping up to look like an Infinity Engine clone.

They run into trouble balancing real time combat, so they implement a pause.

Next, you'll have them run into trouble coding NPC companion AI, so they'll give you full control of your NPC companions.

I've been sick of the Infinity Engine since Baldur's Gate.

Rosh

Erudite
Now, if the pathfinding is utter shit, it definitely will mean a few things.

Namely that Reflexive's engine is most likely geared up for Fallout 3, since that is essentially what Fear-Gut has wanted to skullfuck it into.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom