Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Preview Lionheart - Wielder Faction

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Eric Dallaire; Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader; Reflexive Entertainment

Our first part in our guide to factions in Lionheart. This installment features a faction called The Wielders. It contains background information, perks, and much more!

Apprentice Wielder

Description: You have been accepted into the secret society of the Wielders, a group of heretical outcasts who embrace the taint of magic. To prepare you for the hardships and prejudices the Wielders must endure, your master has cast a permanent enchantment that grants you additional powers. Your Cold, Electrical and Fire Damage Percentages are increased by 4, and you receive +5 Hit Points (increasing your maximum hit point total).

Requirements: Accept Invitation to join the Wielders

For more info, click me!

Courtaud

Novice
Nice work, Saint!
Very interesting preview. My interest level just went up considerably.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
After reading it, I have the sudden urge to be a Wielder in the game. Not so much for the perks, but the backstory is wicked cool. It's kind of interesting how they worked Galileo in to the story of The Wielders as well.

Ausir

Arcane
I know for certain that Byzantines are still in the game world (although not in Byzantium anymore), but i don't know about the game itself.

Chicago. And damn anyone who is not the same.
Constantinople.
And frankly, I think the Mongol excuse is a little weak. Even though there is some great pasture in Thrace, Greece & Anatolia would make going anywhere besides Thrace impossible for a Mongol army.
Anyway, as I have alredy said, I am pretty sure the Byzantines are in- the Palogian flag and all, not to mention the classical ruins.

Sabotai

Liturgist
This rich background sounds absolutely amazing. I think as from now I won't read anymore teasers and previews of Lionheart. The less I know about the background the bigger the surprise(s) while playing.

It'll be a bit like old times, the time before internet, previews, hype and anticipation: You find a newly released game in the gameshop you haven't heard or read anything about and which turns out to be incredible.

Jarinor

Liturgist
Or utter crap.

At any rate, I've been very interested in Lionheart for a long time (it caught my attention when they claimed they'd have the best CRPG graphics, soon after Morrowind was released) but I'm not there for the graphics. No, I'm interested to see how much of a bloodthirsty feralkin I can be.

Actually I just made that up then. But it would still be cool to check out.

Whipporowill

Erudite
I'm looking forward to this game... but is quite annoyed that almost no dialogue has been shown in the screenies (although I'm certain there's quite a lot). It's pitched as a combat game, just as ToEE is. Publisher's be damned!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom