Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RTS Liquidation - dark fantasy/sci-fi RTS inspired by Warcraft 3/Dawn of War

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://liquidationgame.com

With cartoony graphics. From Germany-based indie team Kiwi Brothers Studio, apparently formed by Warcraft 3 modders.

About
divider.png

Liquidation is an original Real-Time Strategy (RTS) game set in a universe that mixes elements of both dark fantasy and science fiction, with support for both single-player and multiplayer modes.

The game takes place in the dying plane of Veá, which has been repeatedly ravaged and drained of its very life essence over the course of a massive war that has been going on for centuries. Now, with the doomed world drawing its last breath, you arise as a lesser deity tasked with restoring the balance in Veá and ending this war before it’s too late.

But which one of the four warring factions are you going to lend your favour to in this war’s decisive moments? Will you even follow your task, or will you be the instrument that brings about Veá’s fateful end?

Command powerful commanders
divider.png

Choose from an arsenal of commanders and deploy these heroic units on the battlefield as they influence your armies and troops.

Powerful_Leaders.gif

Commanderlist.png

Build and fortify your base
divider.png

Conquer resource points, build your base and place fortifications to protect your unit production and research.

Fortify.gif

Game Features
divider.png

• Campaign:
    Learn more about the world of Liquidation and its characters through the non-linear campaign.
  • Master four unique Factions:
    Command the the remaining forces of the maniacal kingdom of the "Twilight Crusade", the insidious dwellers of the hollow earth of the "Scourge Alliance", the demonic "Nether Legion" or the all consuming "Ancient Corruption" each with their own distinct abilities, weapons,
  • Each Unit matters:
    Equip your units with different types of weapons or equipment, use the environment as cover and lead them to victory.
  • Skirmish against AI:
    Battle on a variety of themed maps against the AI. Solo or with friends, you choose the difficulty!
  • Ranked & Custom Online Multiplayer:
    Climb the online leaderboard or have a Skirmish with your friends in different game modes with custom settings!
  • Be a God:
    Customize your own Deity Avatar and send yourself into the heat of the battle!
  • Weather:
    Though at first, the weather system appears to be just a visual effect, the weather can have an impact on your gameplay. Just as rain can extinguish the fire of your buildings.
  • Day & Night Cycle:
    A visual effect which increases the atmosphere of the game but also comes with minor effects like affecting the line of sight radius of your units.
  • In-Game Jukebox:
    Witness the whole soundtrack of Liquidation composed by Johan Lindgren known for Magicka's & Helldivers soundtrack.
  • In-game Encyclopedia:
    Learn more about the background story of each character with the ingame encyclopedia which also provides detailed stats about each unit, ability and building of the game.
  • Observer & Replay Mode:
    Spectate matches, share replays, analyze or improve your gameplay.
  • Full Hotkey customization:
    Every action can be bound to a desired key to control and play the game the way you want!

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
You can clearly see the Warcraft 3 references. Sadly, this looks worse than WC3 despite being 17 years younger. I don't have high hopes for this, especially because it is a German game, but I love Warcraft, so I'll give it the benefit of a doubt. Is there a relase date available yet? I couldn't find anything on my short search in the web.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Feature-wise it sounds more like DOW, visually and artistically more like WC3
I don't get the DOW legacy at all. I guess the resource points rather than traditional bases? Other than that, looks exactly like wc3.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Jaedar Yeah this is what caught my eye,
  • "each unit matters" thing sounded to me like they're describing squads
  • environment/cover
  • commanders can influence troops (implies a morale-style mechanic?)
  • ultimate units ("deities")

Citizen

Feature-wise it sounds more like DOW, visually and artistically more like WC3
I don't get the DOW legacy at all. I guess the resource points rather than traditional bases? Other than that, looks exactly like wc3.

Dow had cover system, squads instead of individual units and squad customization on the fly (choosing weapons and mods for each squad individually). If they are copying that, I'm interested

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I see RTS with singleplayer, I wishlist. And even with Linux support.
nice.png

Feature-wise it seems interesting as well.

Here's hoping that they won't go too far in fruitless endeavours to appease the MP crowd and the campaign is actually interesting.
Either way, this is a pretty certain buy if the price isn't outrageous.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
That last WC3 inspired strategy turned out a MOBA dumpsterfire, hopefully this one stays true to its RTS roots

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I see RTS with singleplayer, I wishlist.

Yeah, singleplayer support is important. I like RTS in multiplayer but I'll stick to AoE2 which I know and am reasonably competent at, thanks. But I've played all the campaigns in AoE2 a dozen times already so I'm always open for new SP strategies.

And please for the love of god have a real single player campaign, not some forced co-op shit.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
From Steam froums: https://steamcommunity.com/app/896250/discussions/1/2572067496655899320/

Liquidation FAQ

Does Liquidation include base building?

Yes, Liquidation will have a grid based base building system similar to the classic RTS games.

Does Liquidation include a campaign?

Yes, Liquidation will include a non linear campaign mode which allows you to conquer the whole world of Liquidation with one of the 4 ruthless factions.

How many playable factions does Liquidation currently have?

Liquidation currently has 4 playable factions (Twilight Crusade, Scourge Alliance, Nether Legion and Ancient Corruption) each with their own unique gameplay and heroes.

Will Liquidation offer a specator mode?

Yes, we believe spectating matches and analyzing gameplay to improve your own gameplay style or to learn new strategies is a very important part of every RTS game. (Got requested by the Community)

I saw speechbubbles over several characters what does that mean?

Liquidation will offer you an optional speechbubble dialog system for important characters of the game. This dialogs will reveal more information about the game world, the characters and their relationships.

Will it be possible to customize your Hotkeys.

Yes.

Does Liquidation have defensive Buildings?

Yes, Liquidation will feature several defensive buildings like towers, barricades and mine fields.

Does Liquidation have hireable mercenaries?

Yes, you will have the option to hire mercenaries like dwarven soldiers of the Blacksteel Confederation faction.

I saw several units with different weapons what does that mean?

In Liquidation some of your units can be equipped with different weapons to make them more flexible in specific situations.

Is it possible to rotate the camera by 360 degree and zoom in and out?

Yes. (Got requested by the Community)

Does Liquidation have a Day & Night Cycle system?

Yes.

Does Liquidation have an ingame music player/a jukebox which allows you to listen to the whole soundtrack of the game?

Yes.

Does Liquidation have an ingame Encyclopedia which provides detailed information about each faction?

Yes.

Does Liquidation have an ingame Codex which provides detailed information about the lore of each character, resource, event and enviroment?

Yes.

I've noticed some rain in your environments will you have something like a weather system?

Yes, we have a weather system which controls the weather on each map.

I saw a character customization button what does that mean?

For a better game immersion the player plays a huge part in the story in Liquidation. Which means in Liquidation you play as a Deity which appearance is customizable to some extent.

Is it possible to rotate buildings?

Does Liquidation have pickupable items?

Yes, you can find and pick up several powerups like treasures and health orbs.

I don't like blood and gore in games is it possible to turn it off?

Yes, this feature is disabled by default and is totally optional. (Got requested by the Community)

Does Liquidation have a replay function?

Yes, you can watch saved replays and also share them with other people. (Got requested by the Community)

Is it possible to hide the Interface?

When will you release the game?

It isn't 100% decided yet. But one thing is for sure the release is a bunch of months aways because we want to take our time to provide a worthwhile player experience.

How much will the game cost?

The pricing isn't 100% decided yet. We are also currently thinking about it to provide a free demo which offers a part of the online PvP mode for free.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/896250/discussions/1/2572067496657749542/

Thanks for your interest in our game.

There wasn't an open beta phase yet since the game is still in the development phase. But we will reveal more information about the gameplay very soon together with several game trailers and gameplay videos.

But if I had to compare it with something I would say it is a weird mix between oldschool rts like for example the Warcraft & the Age of Empires series and games like Warhammer 40k Dawn of War 1 (Because we have some similar mechanics like the weapon equipment system and a simple cover system).

In that regard Liquidation is closer to Dawn of War 1 which didn't have a heavy hero unit focus. Our commander units act more like support units for your core army. So you won't see anything close to the Warcraft 3 Blademaster or the Demon Hunter in Liquidation.

But we will reveal more about them very soon.

Venser

Erudite
Hope it's good since Blizzard is dead and SC2 support has ended. Downloading the demo now...
But all my hopes are on Frost Giant Studios

Last edited:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

So this Kickstarter was going relatively well but they canceled the campaign due to lead developer's personal medical situation.

And then three months later this became a turn-based strategy.

But three months ago it's back to being RTS.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/896250/discussions/1/3198117312263610995/

Now this is being developed in the developer's free time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom