Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

List of the best games of all time

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
A lot of people seem to be forgetting that the Jagged Alliance series apparently don't count as RPGs ...
Of course they count, and JA2 is on both of our Top RPG Lists.
I searched this page for "Jagged Alliance" and only found 1 hit, under the Wasteland 2 entry. Oh, there it is, #14, in non-searchable text. I guess these so-called commentators don't know you should mention a game when writing about it. :argh:

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
A lot of people seem to be forgetting that the Jagged Alliance series apparently don't count as RPGs ...
Of course they count, and JA2 is on both of our Top RPG Lists.
I searched this page for "Jagged Alliance" and only found 1 hit, under the Wasteland 2 entry. Oh, there it is, #14, in non-searchable text. I guess these so-called commentators don't know you should mention a game when writing about it. :argh:

Because of fancy graphixx, Ctrl+F doesn't work on the Top 101 RPGs article. Here's a more user-friendly list (maybe include it in the vote thread felipepepe?)
Planescape: Torment
Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game
Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn
Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
Fallout 2
Fallout: New Vegas
Deus Ex
Gothic II
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Age of Decadence
Dark Souls
Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Jagged Alliance 2
The Witcher III: Wild Hunt
Underrail
Gothic
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords
Baldur's Gate
Wizardry 8
Neverwinter Nights 2
Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar
System Shock 2
Icewind Dale
Betrayal at Krondor
Pool of Radiance
Might and Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven
Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut
Wizardry VII: Crusaders of the Dark Savant
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
Ultima VII: The Black Gate
Divinity: Original Sin
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Kingdom Come: Deliverance
Dark Sun: Shattered Lands
The Witcher
Ultima Underworld I: The Stygian Abyss
ELEX
Mount & Blade: Warband
Might and Magic IV-V: World of Xeen
The Temple of Elemental Evil
Realms of Arkania II: Star Trail
Dragon Age: Origins
ATOM RPG: Post-apocalyptic indie game
Pillars of Eternity
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire
Wizardry I: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord
Darklands
Battle Brothers
Alpha Protocol
Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar
NieR: Automata
King of Dragon Pass
The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Dark Souls II
Arx Fatalis
Knights of the Chalice
Elminage: Gothic
Mass Effect
Dark Souls III
Dungeon Master
Might and Magic VII: For Blood and Honor
Anachronox
Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga
Kenshi
Might and Magic II: Gates to Another World
Icewind Dale II
Wizardry VI: Bane of the Cosmic Forge
Diablo 2
Neverwinter Nights
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
Ultima V: Warriors of Destiny
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
Sengoku Rance
Diablo
NEO Scavenger
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Quest for Glory IV: Shadows of Darkness
Prey
Geneforge
Star Control II: The Ur-Quan Masters
Expedition: Vikings
Wasteland
Drakensang: River of Time
Space Rangers: HD
Heroine's Quest: The Herald of Ragnarok
Tales of Maj'Eyal (ToME)
Wasteland 2
Divine Divinity
Gothic 3
Realms of Arkania I: Blade of Destiny
Ultima Underworld II: Labyrinth of Worlds
Undertale
Tyranny
Might and Magic X: Legacy
Ultima VI: The False Prophet
Lords of Xulima
Pools of Darkness
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Wizards & Warriors

vindication, yay

Deflowerer

Arcane
Don't understand why console games are restricted when the list is not focused on PC exclusives.

Retarded poll.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
WHy can't I include as many chinese anime games as possible on my prestigious list, please send help and donations!>!!?@

Deflowerer

Arcane
PC gamers can also emulate other platforms. What's the difference?

They weren't made for PC? This really isn't difficult dude.

I would understand the list being restricted to PC games if the purpose of it is to limit it to "monocled" classic games & genres that have flowered mainly on PC: sims, strategy games, adventure games etc. Thus, restrict it to exclusives (or PC first releases). However, in the last few years we have not only seen a lot of console ports to Steam from earlier console generations, it's also blatantly clear that most multiplatform games have been designed with consoles in mind anyway. I could currently add to my picks Ace Combat 7 but not 04, even though the former is as popamole as 04. So what is the purpose of limiting it as is, unless you're compiling it for some retard who can't into emulators (in which case I would question the person's ability to operate a computer).

It'd be the same as if we conducted a poll on not the best albums of all time, but best albums available on Spotify.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I would understand the list being restricted to PC games if the purpose of it is to limit it to "monocled" classic games & genres that have flowered mainly on PC: sims, strategy games, adventure games etc.

You're overthinking it. The vast majority of people here are PC gamers, and they want the list to reflect that. How monocled it is will depend on the votes. I saw tons of votes for more modern stuff that is also on console, like my own high ranking for Dishonored.

If PC Gamer did a top 100 would you want to see Super Mario Bros. on it? Think of it like that.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Most popular game of all time: Uhhh. . DotA 2? Fortnite? Minecraft?
Most polished game of all time: Half-Life 2
Best sold game of all time: Wii Sports Actually, Wikipedia says Tetris
Most profitable game of all time: World of Warcraft
My personal favorite: Dark Souls

Best game of all time: None, they all suck in some way.

Making a list of the best games ever is some childish shit IGN would do. At most you could do the best of a genre like FPS or Strategy.

Also, it's already apparent what the best game of all time is. It's so obvious. It's Pen and Paper Roleplaying with your friends. :obviously:

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Making a list of the best games ever is some childish shit IGN would do. At most you could do the best of a genre like FPS or Strategy.

Also, it's already apparent what the best game of all time is. It's so obvious. It's Pen and Paper Roleplaying with your friends. :obviously:
Umm, isn't it obvious that "best game" means "according to your opinion"?
Therefore, "best sold gaem" and shit like that is totally irrelevant for the question.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Umm, isn't it obvious that "best game" means "according to your opinion"?
Therefore, "best sold gaem" and shit like that is totally irrelevant for the question.
That was my point.

zerotol

Arcane
Patron

So polished that it turned into a turd

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm angry that the poll has a reasonable rules and limitations. There should be no rules mannnnn and everybody should just like say what's ever in their hearts. Like that one game, where you have the part where you're crossing the swamp on the back of a turtle by lassoing frogs, that part, I mean, not the part where you get turned into an ogre and you're trapped underground, not that part, but the swamp part, that was like amazing. So I vote for that part. I mean that game. Except for the ogre part. That's the best game, like top 10 for sure. Put that on the poll.

I think Felipe's original proposal was the best, also no console games, but other computers count (which would include Japanese computers, so no SNES EVO, but PC-98 EVO could go in), and no games on any of the other best RPG lists (so no Dark Souls, Jagged Alliance 2 or Star Control 2)

Question is, should everybody be able to vote, or only people who've been on this site for at least a year?

Also, how long do we keep this open, 1 month, 2 weeks?

No console games (or arcade games) in a general Best Video Games list is even dumber than the no console games in the RPG list...which has console games in it.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I think Felipe's original proposal was the best, also no console games, but other computers count (which would include Japanese computers, so no SNES EVO, but PC-98 EVO could go in), and no games on any of the other best RPG lists (so no Dark Souls, Jagged Alliance 2 or Star Control 2)

Question is, should everybody be able to vote, or only people who've been on this site for at least a year?

No console games (or arcade games) in a general Best Video Games list is even dumber than the no console games in the RPG list...which has console games in it.

Good then that it's called Best PC Games and not Best Video Games

That's not what the thread is called.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

That's not what the thread is called.

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/rpg-codexs-top-non-rpg-pc-games-vote-thread.132183/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom