Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Little details in RPGs that please you

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Being able to throw daggers through bars and kill things behind them. I can't think of any other CRPGs than Dungeon Master and Chaos Strikes Back that have such a radically advanced physics engine. Other old real time blobbers surely don't, and neither do the TES games (unless Skyrim).

No random encounters in Nahlakh. How problematic will this be for people whose concept of good planning is finding the perfect grinding spot? I'm really looking forward to the CRPG Addict playing this game...

Last edited:

Zariusz

Arbiter
When after buying something from the merchant and later killing him you can loot most if not all your money back. And when available goods exist in game in some storage or smt. Also separate cloak item slots.

Arbiter

Scholar
A game world that does not revolve around the player, for example availability of items in stores is not based on character's level. Decent gear should be available in stores from the very beginning, as long as the player has money to buy it and can reach locations with better stores safely. I hate stores with inventories that are updated with PC level progression.

Üstad

Arcane
A game world that does not revolve around the player, for example availability of items in stores is not based on character's level. Decent gear should be available in stores from the very beginning, as long as the player has money to buy it and can reach locations with better stores safely. I hate stores with inventories that are updated with PC level progression.
Sounds good but the games are about us and they would rather give impression of living world and economy, rather than actually functioning one. Because it's easier and non-player centric setting, especially economy might suck.

curds

Magister
Being able to throw daggers through bars and kill things behind them. I can't think of any other CRPGs than Dungeon Master and Chaos Strikes Back that have such a radically advanced physics engine. Other old real time blobbers surely don't, and neither do the TES games (unless Skyrim).
TES games from Oblivion onwards physics engines can do that AFAIR. There just isn't any throwing weapons in those games. Pretty sure you can shoot arrows through bars, though.

0sacred

poop retainer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
The inclusion of big, burly races. Half-Giants, Half-Orcs, Lizardmen etc.

It's much easier to believe they can clobber big things to death when armed with magic weapons. Having manlet characters that do tons of damage like Faery Ninjas, sneak attacking Halflings etc. is cringe and immersion breaking.

It's a little better when the manlets are magic users, but even then I'd prefer a regal Elf.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom