Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware LOL ELECTRONIC ARTS: The EA Thread

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://www.techspot.com/news/78606...ld-v-sales-declining-mobile-business-see.html

Disappointing Battlefield V sales and declining mobile business see EA's shares plummet

While Battlefield V was the flagship game for showing off the real-time ray tracing features of Nvidia's RTX cards, the latest entry in the franchise didn’t perform as well as hoped. EA’s COO and CFO, Blake Jorgensen, said 7.3 million copies had sold worldwide to date. That might sound like a lot, but it’s still one million fewer than EA was anticipating. Additionally, it didn’t help bring in as many Origin Access Premier subscribers as expected.

EA’s mobile business disappointed, too, recording a 23 percent year-on-year decline. This was blamed on the slow uptake on Command and Conquer Rivals, the delay of an unnamed game (probably Star Wars: Rise to Power), and "changes to broaden Madden Mobile's appeal" that failed to improve monetization.

EA recorded a total net revenue of $1.289 billion for Q3, but had been looking for $1.375 billion. The results saw its shares fall as low as $74.71 in late trading. The company has now lowered its outlook for revenue during this quarter, despite the initial popularity of Apex Legends, which gained one million players in under eight hours following its launch, and the upcoming release of Anthem.

2019-02-06-image-2.jpg

vonAchdorf

Arcane
ActiBlizz had an even worse performance than EA during the last year and their stock tumbled yesterday 10% as well on the EA news. Fortnite sucks up all the time, attention and cash.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
ActiBlizz had an even worse performance than EA during the last year and their stock tumbled yesterday 10% as well on the EA news. Fortnite sucks up all the time, attention and cash.
At least something good had come from the fortnight fad.

Mustawd

13% in day....amazing EA
NRbkRHb.png
I did hear that EA insiders were caught selling off stock early. I'm guessing something is coming, something big and bad.
Any arrests for insider trading yet?

It’d only be illegal insider trading if an insider trades after the trading window for insiders is closed.

There’s nothing wrong with selling stock if you’re an insider. My last company I received stock and I’d always sell it ASAP cuz I knew the company wasn’t generally headed in a good direction.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
LoL everyone and their mum is selling shit.

ptTPPON.png

Put in money,that is around 184 millions in sold shares. Also their share volume is a little bit more than 30 millions.

Edit: Looking at that shit, a fast buy and sell could make some money for people. Their stocks will jump the moment Anthem hit the market,if you buy now and sell it then you could make a few bucks.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Soon Fortnite will fallow :bounce:

df7IUd5.jpg

Apex Legends is a EA game, fyi. Still N1 on Twitch after like 2 or 3 days now. That game has too much potential, if they play their cards right that game can be as (if not way, way more) popular than PUBG and possibly only second to Fortnite.

Solid Snail

Learned
I think the last game I purchased from EA was Dead Space 2, used for 20€ on PS3 after it released.
Between Ubisoft and EA I don't know which is the worst honestly: both create games around marketing researches and targets, and I end up on not giving a single fuck on their released because they all feel the same game.
From time to time I use to spend 4€ on Origin Access to play something which could be interesting like Unravel or Fe, but even with those I end up disappointed. Fe was a chore to play, it's all the same and even if it's like 4 hours long you do the same stuff from the start to the end, and the same applies to Unravel, which at least has a nice art direction.

Drakron

Arcane
Apex Legends is a EA game, fyi. Still N1 on Twitch after like 2 or 3 days now. That game has too much potential, if they play their cards right that game can be as (if not way, way more) popular than PUBG and possibly only second to Fortnite.

Its flavor of the month, I am torn as in one hand that would completely fuck Epic little retarded adventure if suddenly they became PUBG 1.03 as on the other hand its fucking EA. But regardless its still way too earlier to say.

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
I think the new 'moneymaking' scheme will be F2P shooters that draw streamers and their audience, then sell vanity items so the streamers, and through them their audience, buys cosmetics and thats the next revenue stream (pardon the pun)

The upshot is, you have to make a stable game to sell that shit on, the rest however is banal shit boring more of the shame shooty mc shoot shoot and launchers as far as the eye can see.

Turjan

Arcane
By the way, if you look at the numbers behind BF5's "failure", you may be somewhat disappointed in what "failure" means in this case. The game sold 7.3 million copies during the initial phase, which means a million less than originally projected. It's still a failure in the eyes of investors, but it doesn't exactly look like imminent bankruptcy, as some may have hoped.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They did pump up those sale numbers by slashing the price in half after a week and so on.

Turjan

Arcane
Sure. Let's see how Apex Legends does in the long run. EA stocks rose 16% in one day after they reported 10 million initial players.

I wonder when people will start having enough of yet another battle royale game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom