Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry Long Live Wizardry! (And The All-New Games By Ex-Wizardry Developers) - UPDATED: MARCH/07/2016

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Siliconera Gacha Wizardry devs said:
Regarding gacha mechanics, the developer mentions that while they will be present they also want to reward players for using strategy to defeat stronger enemies and bosses. That being said, the developers are considering leaning into a gacha mechanic that aims to make the experience more enjoyable, or even easier, for players.

This will be complete shit.
But if I want to live up to being a hopeless optimist, maybe it pulls a Romancing SaGa Re: Universe. The only reason why we in the West got so many SaGa console ports recently is that game pulling in massive bank from gacha whales.
So best timeline is Wizardry VA being shit, but making millions, and a proper full budget classical Wizardry is funded as a result.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
On a positive side note for every Wizardry fan out there in those dark times, I might release the first version of my translation for Busin 0 this month.

Last edited:

NerevarineKing

Learned
It's pretty insane that we have so many fan translation of Wizardry games since most of them are fairly niche.

Animagic

Literate
I signed up for this forum just to talk about DRPG’s and Wizardry series with like minded people after always being redirected here when looking things up about the games.
I know that free to play Wizardry game will be forgettable Gacha trash, but I’ll try it anyway. Maybe it will generate massive cash and we will get new actual games.

Now, back to lurking.

Silentstorm

Learned
A lot of gacha games make money but still don't translate into bigger games sadly, after all, if Gacha works so well, just make a new one or keep updating it.

Anyways, i bet this Wizardry will have a mechanic that will appeal to newcomers, automatic automapping, for those too lazy to make maps...or, you know, just look them up online.

Seriously, i hear a lot of people hate making maps or the idea of doing so, being why they are resistant to classic games or even more modern stuff like Etrian Odyssey(ignoring the fact that pratically all these games have maps online and you just get out of the game or look at your phone/tablet to check them up), so i can see the Gacha game just having whole maps...if they have places to walk through at all and aren't just battles and dialogue.

Silentstorm

Learned
I will admit, i haven't even looked at the trailer because Wizardry Gacha doesn't appeal to me, i just assumed you would have a party and something to go through, some Gacha games do that after all and Wizardry is a global classic series...heck, it's likely even more classic in Japan considering how many exclusive games they got, i thought they would put some more effort into Wizardry Gacha.

Animagic

Literate
This company making this mobile game owns Wizardry outright now, correct?

Not just the rights to make a mobile game?

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The most prestigious RPG franchise in hands of a shit mobile games company.

My hope this year is in Labyrinth of Yomi. Experience can give us Wizardry fans a great present.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
It's not even the first time it's happening. Wizrogue: Labirynth of Wizardry was originally a JP-only free to play mobile garbage, and the game description on Steam suggests that it's an official Wizardry title.

Silentstorm

Learned
My hope this year is in Labyrinth of Yomi. Experience can give us Wizardry fans a great present.
Ohhh, hadn't heard about that, and now i have something else to look forward to!

As for Wizardry...meh, it's sad but it's one game i will just ignore.

Animagic

Literate
The most prestigious RPG franchise in hands of a shit mobile games company.

Yeah, I’ll be getting that for sure. In the meantime I’m replaying the 1-3 PSX remakes.

mogwaimon

Magister
not to be an ass or anything, but you should really clarify that this Busin 0 translation that you intend on releasing isn't a translation patch, but rather a guide. I think when you say you're releasing a translation, most people might read into it and think it's a full patch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom