Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Long Play - Dark Souls

Perkel

Arcane
C-C-C-C-C-COMBO ! 3 x 20-30min episodes !

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Long Play - Dark Souls - Part 023 - Upgrading Equipment
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Long Play - Dark Souls - Part 024 - The Catacombs
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Long Play - Dark Souls - Part 025 - The Catacombs Boss
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok. Since i failed at New Londo i decided to go into graveyard area near Firelink Shrine. I was bit overpowered for that part but... welll i died once or twice. Area design is kind of mediacore in catacombs but there is some lovely animated textures art. I mean bugs crawling slowly all over place. I remember something like this in Silent Hill series which was awesome. Then i met with another blacksmith (fire ascesion for weapons !) fucked around with my new fire Flamebarge (fitting name) but ultimately it was shit.

As of enemy design generally weird area. Those monks that were raising skeletons over and over were cool idea but those moving blowing up heads ? Nope. And there are those wheel skeletons. Weird design as fuck but at least it was "different" than your usual skeletons. That black knight placed there with his axe also did pummel me.

In hunt for loot i managed to find randomly summon sign for some overpowered dude. With him Pinwheel boss was easy as fuck. That dude essentially did most of damage and without me he would be able to kill it.

Father mask i great but not needed for now.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
In hunt for loot i managed to find randomly summon sign for some overpowered dude. With him Pinwheel boss was easy as fuck. That dude essentially did most of damage and without me he would be able to kill it.
Pinwheel is probably the easiest boss in the game, regardless of whether or not you have help. Not sure what the designers were thinking there.

SUPAR SECRET TIP: You might wanna go back to Anor Londo and re-explore various places now that you've gotten certain items. I think you also missed a rather significant secret there, but I won't spoil it.

Perkel

Arcane
Pinwheel is probably the easiest boss in the game, regardless of whether or not you have help. Not sure what the designers were thinking there.

SUPAR SECRET TIP: You might wanna go back to Anor Londo and re-explore various places now that you've gotten certain items. I think you also missed a rather significant secret there, but I won't spoil it.

Yeah he was easy as fuck.

As for Supar secret. Probably will go there (since there is critical vendor). Though as you might notice i don't search for every secret because it is Long Play and recording whole hour of nothing would be bad.

PocketMine

Savant
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
As for Supar secret. Probably will go there (since there is critical vendor). Though as you might notice i don't search for every secret because it is Long Play and recording whole hour of nothing would be bad.

but you already noticed one of the SUPAR SECRITS in Anor Londo it just did nothing.

Aeschylus said:
As I recall the key is to kill each one really quickly, for which it's useful to use an item that boosts stamina regen. It's also useful to put on some heavy armor so you can mostly forsake blocking/dodging

Thanks for the tip. With this knowledge i beat the four Kings on first try without seeing more then two kings at once. Bitch died around same time as third king died. didnt even use the crest shield had it in other slot in case they start spamming spells but they didnt have chance. Used Grass Crest shield instead for faster stamina regen.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Yeah I realize. I only mentioned that particular one because it happens to
hide an armor set that's pretty useful against the four kings.

Perkel

Arcane
Dark Souls - Long Play - Part 026 - Tomb of Giants

Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope. Tomb of Giants is single most amazing "level" so far. Though i feel like i am cheating somewhat (because i found that lamp in upper Catacombs). Still it is fucking amazing design. Also shit ton of places to die easily.

It would be awesome if someone would create games with such design as core. Something like underground castle exploration where you would have either need a torch in one hand preventing you from using cheesy shield or clinging to any light there is and fighting at full power.

Thanks Myrcul i had bow and skill to use it. That archer would violate me so hard without it.

Perkel

Arcane
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Long Play - Dark Souls - Part 027 - Nito The First of Undead
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That fight was... awesome. First i though duuuude i have no chance with all dat skeletons coming at me and with this pile of bones shooting at me this spike. Then i noticed he does damage to own skeletons.

So then i noticed and can't cheese him with bow nor i can simply use standard block and look for opening tactic. I needed to maneuver, block and attack at the same time.

Changed a bit gear for more magic protection and rest is history. Awesome, awesome, awesome fight.

Perkel

Arcane
Long Play - Dark Souls - Part 028 - The Four Kings

Fuck yeah. Who could have thought that i'll beat it without helper. I wanted to try last time before i'll go down to blightown and i said: "Fuck it, i'm going alone."

Fight was quite easy actually. For some reason he/they didn't attack me in group and rarely they used magic attacks and without those two long grabs i dodged most of things.

Just one more to go.

PocketMine

Savant
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Fuck yeah. Who could have thought that i'll beat it without helper. I wanted to try last time before i'll go down to blightown and i said: "Fuck it, i'm going alone."

Fight was quite easy actually. For some reason he/they didn't attack me in group and rarely they used magic attacks and without those two long grabs i dodged most of things.

Just one more to go.

Without helper you killed the kings in time before next one appeared. Who could have thought they have less HP without helper.

Btw will you fight DLC bosses?

Perkel

Arcane
I'm playing blind now and i don't use gamefaqs or help. If i find them probably i will beat them

edit:

Less HP ? I though simply i did much better than previous tries. I mean i got for whole fight grabed only twice and i got hit like few times without any serious hit.

Perkel

Arcane
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Long Play - Dark Souls - Part 029 - Exploring Blightown
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Long Play - Dark Souls - Part 030 - Demon Ruins + 2xBoss
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is awesome place. First, everything is in lava. Then, need to kill boss to get lava out of this place. Then you fight multiple earlier bosses i boosted form. Area design also is amazing. IT looks like a cave with big sort of bell buried in near that cave surrounded with molten rock.
As lava moves away after killing boss you move down and down through old bosses to reach gate of some sort of church where there waits for you old fellow in buffed form. Both fights were quite easy really.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
I'm playing blind now and i don't use gamefaqs or help. If i find them probably i will beat them
I'd recommend trying to find the DLC area, it has some really awesome bosses. In all likelihood you won't find it just playing through the game normally though, as the way to access it is kind of weird/possibly buggy unless they patched it since I played. If you want to access it for your playthrough...
You have to actually quit and reload the game in a side-area past the boss in Darkroot basin to make an enemy appear, which will start the mini questline to access the DLC location.

Perkel

Arcane
You're gonna eventually do DS2 playthrough as well?

Yep.

I'd recommend trying to find the DLC area, it has some really awesome bosses. In all likelihood you won't find it just playing through the game normally though, as the way to access it is kind of weird/possibly buggy unless they patched it since I played. If you want to access it for your playthrough...
You have to actually quit and reload the game in a side-area past the boss in Darkroot basin to make an enemy appear, which will start the mini questline to access the DLC location.

Let's see if this will happen on my playtrough. Even if i will miss it there is always NG+

PocketMine

Savant
Patron
Less HP ? I though simply i did much better than previous tries. I mean i got for whole fight grabed only twice and i got hit like few times without any serious hit.

Count the number of hits it takes to kill one with and without helper if you dont believe me. Atleast for me it was most visible in your fight again Vagina Dragon where you summoned two helpers while i went and killed him alone.

PocketMine

Savant
Patron

I looked it up because i heard bosses are awesome and its true. Artorias was best Boss fight in the game for me. Its your choice but this LP doesnt look very blind to me anyway.

Perkel

Arcane

I looked it up because i heard bosses are awesome and its true. Artorias was best Boss fight in the game for me. Its your choice but this LP doesnt look very blind to me anyway.

Nah currently totaly blind. Up to O&S fight i knew few things as i beat O&S earlier (near release on ps3). I don't know where exactly even DLC start and as you probably already noticed i don't really explore every single treasure.

As i said even if i don't find it on my play-trough i plan to beat it on NG+ when i won't be anymore RPing my playtrough.

edit: bit of trouble uploading my next EP. If things go well it should be in 8-10hours.

Perkel

Arcane
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Long Play - Dark Souls - Part 031 - Lost Izalith
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Long Play - Dark Souls - Part 032 - Bed of Chaos
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whoa. I love this area. First you have ton of lava everywhere and then you actually notice you are inside of that bell which i saw in Demons Ruins. Those enemies looking like corpse of Trex were bad though. Didn't even bother fighting them all. Then i got to actual city and its design was fucking awesome. It looked great sort of Aztec like. Helped Fat bro but then i got to this looong as bridge over lava and at the end of it was faced with SunBro with weird looking head. I gues Sunbro also hollowed in the end. I will miss him.

Now Bed of Chaos was unexpected. Died a lot.
giving it health bar was fucking awesome move

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Helped Fat bro but then i got to this looong as bridge over lava and at the end of it was faced with SunBro with weird looking head. I gues Sunbro also hollowed in the end. I will miss him.
Well, it's possible to save him, but it's not really practical before NG+ (takes 30 humanity).

And nice job on that damn boss -- simultaneously the easiest and most annoying in the game.

Perkel

Arcane
30humanity ? That is not a lot considering you can just buy it for 5k a pop from aqueduct vendor + as you see i use them frequently.
But it is interesting you can save him. Will do some research after my playtrough.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Well, the aqueduct merchant only sells 1 so it's not exactly trivial without PvP, but it's probably doable. Just easier in NG+.

Perkel

Arcane
Wait he sells only one ?

And i though i found good vendor if shit will happen.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom