Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ Looking through your gaming history

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Sometimes I look through my Steam library "last played" date and reminisce about the times I play computer games.

Do you do that?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I need to launch Steam to do that. I just turn my head to the shelf with game boxes and see that at least half of them is still not available and probably won't be because they are not popular enough for GOG and right holders to care...
Lot of long games that nowadays I have no time, mostly.

pippin

I actually did this a few days ago, mostly because I was looking for a game I thought I had played recently and it turned out I did but in 2015

sser

Arcane
Developer
The ones furthest from last played are Half-Life 2 and all those games that started with Steam. But the one above those is Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45, which I bought at a Walmart back when PC boxes were still fairly popular. Had a little Steam logo on it. Installed it, launched from the Steam library. I reminisce in not playing the game, but in the context of the game's own time period -- when I was younger and life wasn't so complicated. My Steam Library, sorted by time, is in essence a capsule of periods in my life. I can see the late high school, university, women bedded, women lost, economic depressions, psychological depressions, etc., all pegged by games with no metaphorical relevance, shit like Geometry Wars and Titan Quest and STALKER and Audiosurf.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How do you see this though?

I only see recently played and that only shows a few games.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
I keep a notepad at my desk and often take little notes about things that I want to remember, or just things that i like. Quotes I like or I'll sometimes draw little pictures and things. It kind of becomes a series of snapshots of what I liked about the game, and especially after a long RPG I'll sit for a while and leaf through it and reminisce about the crazy adventure that just unfolded. I find it to be a good way to end a game, kind of like just sitting and pondering about the message and tone of a novel after I've finished it

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ah cool stuff. Started with Half-Life 13 years ago, Valve forced us to Steam to be able to play Day of Defeat :)

I have some sick gap between games in the early days. Could play one game for months.

2003: Half-Life
2006: SiN, Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45.
2007: Half-Life 2, Episode one & two.

I seem to have begun buying games more seriously around 2012 on Steam(and playing them), but nothing really as memorable as the first couple of games.

My major gaming time comes from later years actually, usually it's the other way around. Maybe it's just a symptom of having more money and less interesting games to play, I mean games don't last as long.

This is nostalgic stuff!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom