Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lord British's Mac & Cheese

Codex Year of the Donut
wanted to make sure this didn't go below the codex's radar
Kraft_The_Cheesiest_Lord_British.jpeg

OK: True story... I am a HUGE Macaroni & Cheese fan... specifically a KRAFT Macaroni and Cheese fan. However, I have my own special recipe... which IS, I said IS the best Macaroni & Cheese recipe. Now I'm not saying there are not some other wonderful variations out there. I too can greatly appreciate periodic additions of things like bread crumbs baked on top, or lobster pieces, and even occasionally some truffle... BUT, for basic everyday consumption, my recipe is the Lord British Certified Recipe, I hope you all try sometime.

Before I get to the recipe, I would like to share a bit about the depth of my love for Kraft Macaroni & Cheese. My passion for KM&C began long before college, but it became a staple there and has lasted to this day. Years ago, Kraft offered "The Cheesiest" T-Shirts to those that saved up about 20 box tops, and sent in something like $20. I thought "well, this is certainly the T-shirt for me", so I started saving box tops. After Some months, I had saved a few hundred, and thought "Now I will get a FEW T-shirts!" I sent in my money and box tops, but got a letter back, expressing that they were sorry, but the promotion had ended. Saddened, but not defeated, I decided to keep saving box tops until the promotion returned... It has never returned...

However, after years and years, a new promotion caught my eye. If you sent in something like 20 box tops and $20, they would print a CUSTOM box of macaroni with the picture of "your child" on it. By now, I had saved up LITERALLY THOUSANDS of box tops. So, I packed up THOUSANDS of box tops and a large check, for my hundreds of custom boxes of macaroni and cheese.

In a few days... a got a phone call from Kraft. They wanted to know who I was, and why I had been saving this vast amount of box tops etc. They were as excited as I was. They happily printed me cases of personalized Lord British "The Cheesiest" Kraft Macaroni & Cheese boxes. I gave them out as gifts to family and friends that year... A few may be in circulation as an extra rare collectible.

BTW... I still collect box tops... have hundreds if not thousands poked away in zip lock bags... still waiting for the T-shirt promotion to return.

Now... ON TO THE RECIPE!

First, ignore the instructions on the box. You will not need milk or butter... but you WILL require Kraft Cheese Whiz!

image0.jpg

Of course, begin by adding HOT water to a pot and putting it on to boil. Add some salt. The reason you started with HOT water, is so you can add the macaroni before it comes to a real boil. If your water is hot enough from the tap, the water and mac will come to a boil quickly, and you just saved an extra few minutes.

image2.jpg

Don't over cook the mac. Pour off (discard) the water with a pot side strainer, as imaged above, as soon as its just al dente. Pour off just what comes easily. the dampness that remains will both help make the powder mix well, but will also be absorbed by the mac soon enough.

Add the provided cheese powder.

image3.jpg

The MOST IMPORTANT STEP, is how much Cheese Whiz to add. Too little, and you can hardly taste it. Too much and your just eating lumpy Cheese Whiz. The right amount for 1 traditional box of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese is 1 well rounded dollop of Cheese Whiz. See illustration above. It is neigh but perfect.

image4.jpg

Now mix all together. Wait a minute and mix again, as it all absorbs. Then serve to yourself and your adoring fans, In this case, pictured above, Prince Ronin, who like his sister Princess Kinga, greatly enjoys this special recipe, and often request it. A request, I am always happy to oblige.

Of course, I keep the box top.

- Lord British
https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-mac-cheese-recipe.164446/page-2#post-1297280

NPC451

Literate
Even as a lover of trash packaged foods, KD is low tier garbage since they changed the formula.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom