Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lost Ark Online

Gerrard

Arcane
Here's what AGS achieved with the last update:
  • Event timers don't display
  • Chat does not work for a large number of people
  • Running the game causes ntoskrnl to use 10-30% of your CPU
But hey, at least they fixed weekend adventure islands after 6 weeks. Zero compensation.
:hero:

Garyxeao88

Novice
MY OPINION ON LOST ARK:

Pros

Free (100% real)

Combat Action (more than expected)

Story (Spectacle and Variety of Charms)

Casual (Easy Start, Hard Master)

Visuals (Wonderful and beautiful continents and islands, characters and NPCs)

Cons

Lack of intuition, visibility (combat, buffs, icons, item routing, endgame puzzles)

Insufficient Guide

Takes a long time to get Gears

Ability Stone (Fun but annoying gamble)

Some weapons have a bad sound when hitting (one-handed sword, lance, sword, demonic weapon)

Last edited:

Sykar

Arcane
So the next new class to be released in april is "Glaivier", which I think is called "Spearmaster" in other versions. We also get a new continent, South Vern.
In May we will get the Destroyer warrior class. We MAYBE get some more raids, Deskaluda and Valtan.
That alongside some QoL features which I am too lazy to list atm.
Man that new class name is kinda...
:nocountryforshitposters:

Gerrard

Arcane
Not really any dumber than "Lancemaster" who doesn't use a lance.

Dexter

Arcane
Should have called her the "Pole Master":
yxxs3iupemr81.gif

Will prolly try when it launches, wanted to try one of the Martial Artist classes, but none really seemed particularly appealing.

things more dead then this game
Yes, the consistently third most played game on Steam with a daily peak in the hundreds of thousands is definitely "dead" because a bunch of people that tried it because it was free lost interest from when it had its F2P Launch two months ago and there aren't 20k Queues on Login anymore: https://store.steampowered.com/stats/Steam-Game-and-Player-Statistics

ElectricOtter

"third most consistently played game on steam"

>isnt third (lol csgo, dota 2, pubg)

>currently has 17k ppl on it (lol elden ring has more ppl)

>freefalling by the weeks despite being f2p

i predict ghost town by july! ^.^

hope that founders pack went far for u xd

Turbo normie

Scholar
Still playing the game.

Reached 1415 on main, 1370 on main alt, other alts are 1340.
In pvp I'm 2020~ only playing one class in ranked (wardancer)

I'm such a koreaboo.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I can't remember why I bought this game. I saw my steam updating this game for like an hour for some reason so I figured I'd give it a shot.

I'm not too terribly impressed so far, but it definitely feels like a diablo clone with flashier graphics.

Codex Year of the Donut
I can't remember why I bought this game. I saw my steam updating this game for like an hour for some reason so I figured I'd give it a shot.

I'm not too terribly impressed so far, but it definitely feels like a diablo clone with flashier graphics.
koreaboo game for koreaboos that like alien looking women

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I had an hour to kill and I didn't want to get hooked on a new game so I played the game through the tutorial and a few of the fetch quests.

The story is absolutely terrible. It reminds me of a generic fantasy movie for teens with all of your standard "chosen one" tropes.

With that being said, a diablo clone doesn't need a story. The point of these types of games is to grind gear and power up.

I've played more enjoyable diablo clones, but maybe it gets better later on.

The game feels too linear so far also. That's my impression from an hour of gameplay anyways.

Based on what I saw, I don't think the game is worth $20.

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
So I tried this game now guise.

Click-to-move is crap but you get used to it. Wish it could be like the gloariose Spiral Knights, though.

I liked the fact that it had actual cutscenes and a story that's seemingly making sense and doesn't require too much reading for no reason. What special about that? Well, I'd just been playing Tera for the first real time and its generic copy-paste quests with too much worthless text and nothing that resembles actual substance of anything gave me gigacancer. Lost Ark also feels generic and kind of fake but the superior presentation is at least refreshing compared to Terable. What kind of praise is that lmao

The bots are hilarious. I love them. Please don't remove.

The little talking lion is so adorable. I fucking love stupid little cute animals in these cringe money dumpster games UwU

Can't wait to penetrate a bunch of buff animals with my big sword OwO

Turbo normie

Scholar
Valtan was a cool fight. Even if I am above 1445 for HM. I chose to do the NM. The support shortage at 1445 make the LFG cancerous.

deama

Prophet
I went back into this again cause I don't have anything more to play.

I'm enjoying it more this time around, I'm at gear score 1050 now and have recently unlocked these gem thingies which add more customization.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom