Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Lost Eidolons is an upcoming turn-based tactical RPG from Korea

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Lost Eidolons; Ocean Drive Studio

The latest title in the ongoing turn-based tactical RPG renaissance comes to us from a Korean developer by the name of Ocean Drive Studio. Their game is called Lost Eidolons and it was revealed yesterday during Microsoft's ID@Xbox indie showcase. It looks like typical fantasy RPG fare about mercenaries and empires, with that idealized aesthetic that the Korean gaming industry seems to like. According to Ocean Drive's announcement, the game has been in development since early 2020 and will be coming to Early Access later this year. Here's the reveal trailer:

Greetings everyone!

It’s the day we’ve all been waiting for here at Ocean Drive Studio. We’re proud to announce our very first project to the public that we’ve been working on for quite some time now.

It’s finally time to present Lost Eidolons for all fans of western fantasy, tactical, and strategy RPG games!

Lost Eidolons is a single-player turn-based RPG that we’re planning on releasing as an Early Access title later this year on PC and later also on the console. The game features a brand new fantasy story and dozens of hours of strategic gameplay to immerse yourself in.

This kicks off what we intend to be a diverse portfolio of new IPs that our studio is creating, and is also one of the most ambitious ones to start things off. Inspired by a few of the iconic greats, our team’s take on the genre blends traditional thought-provoking gameplay with western fantasy lore and a modern art direction. Our goal is to carve out our own space in a genre that is known for beloved stylized visuals, stories with memorable characters, and gameplay which has you meticulously planning out each and every move to minimalize loss on the battlefield.

Lost Eidolons has been our main focus since early 2020 and we’re planning an extensive campaign to involve our community in the grand design of the game. We’re still a new studio in its infancy and we have much to prove to you all, however, we’re confident that our experience in this industry can deliver a memorable gaming experience for SRPG fans.

During the process of shaping Lost Eidolons, we’ll be providing frequent updates on the status of the game’s development and offer our community numerous opportunities to get involved by participating in Discord Town Hall events and live interviews with the game’s creative director. We want more than anything to create a timeless game for dedicated SRPG fans, and so ultimately that means making sure that our players have chances to share their feedback on what they do and don’t like. This means that as we make changes and create new features, that we keep our interested players informed so that they could provide their input and we could adjust on our end reflecting that. This does not mean that we don’t have our own vision for what we want Lost Eidolons to be! It simply means that we trust that fans of this genre know what they want and we can craft a unique gaming experience that leverages those wants alongside our creative liberties.

We have much more planned that we want to share with you all! Throughout the next few weeks, we’ll be presenting additional game trailers and feature blog posts that highlight several of the key aspects of Lost Eidolons, starting with a Story/Lore spotlight this upcoming Tuesday, March 30th here on our website.​

Lost Eidolons doesn't have a Steam page yet, which is probably another way you can tell that it's not a Western game. It's scheduled for release sometime next year.

Drowed

Arcane
It looks interesting and competent enough, especially for a game that came out of nowhere. Let's see how the Story/Lore spotlight will go.

But no doubt they should invest in a Steam page. Or even somewhere else, like GOG or wherever.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I see competition breeds quality.

No, i I don't mean this particular game but the fact that SP:s excellent recent streak of posting interesting news tidbits has forced 'tron out of his comfort zone as he cannot keep on posting only about Obsidian/Solasta anymore.

Nathaniel3W

Rockwell Studios
Patron
Developer
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I don't understand. How can this be a turn-based RPG if there are no waifus?

Seriously though the more realistic characters, armor, and weapons could be a nice change and could help set the game apart from the other recent turn-based RPGs. I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out and I hope it's good. But is their battle grid taken from a Unity plugin or something? I swear I've seen those slightly separated glowing squares in at least half of the turn-based tactical RPGs in the last 5 years.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Gameplay? Korean games tend to have high production standards, we know that already.

Ah I was wondering where the hook about this game was. The trailer looked to good to be true. Korean games tend to be ultra polished and shiny, but shallow and vapid as fuck.
I'd rather play a Chinese or Indonesian game, even though Chinese games tend to be overcomplicated with a gorillion options, and Indonesian games tend to be creatively bankrupt carbon copies.
If my prejudice does not deceive me this is a skip, unless this is magically the one Korean RPG with depth.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Korean games tend to be ultra polished and shiny, but shallow and vapid as fuck.
MLkwMot.png

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
Oh God! Not another MMO like game from Korea. At this point I wish these publishers would just pour battery acid down my throat, at least it would go down easier.

Sacibengala

Prophet
"idealized aesthetic that the Korean gaming industry seems to like" said it all. This kind of graphics sucks.

Dr Schultz

Augur
I usually avoid hasty judgments but, gosh, this really looks like a live action adaptation of Fire Emblem

Alpharius

Scholar
Well at least the artstyle is not pegi-8 like most of the recent tactical games.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
The only Korean game I liked was Guild Wars, a great MMO. Didn't like the WoW-ized sequel.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom