Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Lost Eidolons now on Kickstarter

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Lost Eidolons; Ocean Drive Studio

Last month we learned about Lost Eidolons, an upcoming turn-based tactical RPG from Korean developer Ocean Drive Studio. The game's announcement was followed by numerous development updates on its official website. It turns out they were building up towards a Kickstarter campaign, which launched today. The pitch video seems to be identical to the game's reveal trailer, so here's a video they published yesterday introducing key members of the team.

「Greetings tactician. We're Ocean Drive Studio, a new video game start-up based in Seoul & Los Angeles working on creating memorable single-player experiences on PC and consoles. This is our first project, and we're deeply vested into making this a project worth being called our flagship. The project is already fully-funded, and we've come Kickstarter not just to raise visibility on the our studio and the game, but to also build a larger community of players who can provide us vital feedback and develop the game alongside us through that feedback. We've set our first goal of $45,000 modestly, and the moment we reach it we'll send in the word to unlock the Permadeath optional toggle feature by Early Access in October. It will be our first major milestone to overcome collectively!」

- The ODS Crew

Lost Eidolons is a classic turn-based tactical RPG that places you in the shoes of the mercenary leader Eden in his bid to seize back the empire for his people. Strategize through an episodic campaign by planning out each action before and during every battle.

Key Features:
  • Meticulous turn-based tactical combat. Maneuver your units across the grid and claim control of the battlefield across 27 episodic campaigns (16 available initially in Early Access).
  • An in-depth management system between major campaign battles. Setting up your allies for greatness in battle. Gear up, train to strengthen your mettle, and recruit powerful new units to your army.
  • Engineer your own victories. Take advantage of more than a dozen different classes to design your foe’s overwhelming defeat.
  • Gorgeous modern high-fidelity graphics set in a low-fantasy world.
  • A carefully crafted classic story revolving around the bonds formed between comrades struggling for freedom in a continent marred by war and political turmoil.
  • A beautiful live-orchestrated soundtrack by the talented composer Clark Aboud, the brilliant mind behind the score of beloved games such as Slay the Spire and Factory Town.
  • English voice acting with text language support for Korean, Russian, German, European Spanish, and Brazilian Portuguese.

As stated above, Ocean Drive are looking to raise $45,000 towards the development of Lost Eidolons, but it's getting made regardless. Right now you can secure a copy of the game including beta access for $25. The estimated release date on the Kickstarter page is October 2021, but as explained in the Early Access FAQ on the game's Steam page, the final release will actually be a year later.

I love the fact that ten years ago I was starved for turn-based tactical games and I thought we wouldn't get any more of them from "mainstream" developers, while now I can even afford to be picky about which ones to play.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
I love the fact that ten years ago I was starved for turn-based tactical games and I thought we wouldn't get any more of them from "mainstream" developers, while now I can even afford to be picky about which ones to play.
wrong place to say it but in similar way I do like that I dont have to pretend (as in fooling myself) that I like party based rpgs anymore

Dr Schultz

Augur
wrong place to say it but in similar way I do like that I dont have to pretend (as in fooling myself) that I like party based rpgs anymore

Now that you mention it, these days I've an easier time appreciating pure tactical games and immersive sims than "full-fledged" CRPGs.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The character portraits are much better than in the usual kickstarter RPG project. The armor and weapon design is also not bad. So, Fire Emblem/Final Fantasy Tactics with a Western CRPG presentation?

Dr Schultz

Augur
The character portraits are much better than in the usual kickstarter RPG project. The armor and weapon design is also not bad. So, Fire Emblem/Final Fantasy Tactics with a Western CRPG presentation?

99‰ Fire Emblem. It looks and feels like a live action adaptation of the last installment of the series.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I would go even further as a Fire Emblem man and say it is directly inspired by the lates game: Three Houses. I see skills you can use in the battlefield, I see the army presentation in the background.

I don't mind a korean realism grab at it though. I sort of bawked at first cuz it felt a little generic, but it's pretty unique as far as Japanese-style SRPGs are concerned.

I also like them being forthright about the length. I'm very much interested, Three Houses is good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom