Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Lost Eidolons - Fire Emblem-inspired turn-based tactical RPG by Koreans

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Codex Year of the Donut
I don't pay attention to all those various steamfests so I missed out on playing this. Is it good?

This is shaping up to be one of the better years for tacticool games RPGs in memory. King Arthur: A Knight's Tale, Daemonhunters, Homicidal All-Stars, Lost Eidolons. Anything I'm missing?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't pay attention to all those various steamfests so I missed out on playing this. Is it good?

This is shaping up to be one of the better years for tacticool games RPGs in memory. King Arthur: A Knight's Tale, Daemonhunters, Homicidal All-Stars, Lost Eidolons. Anything I'm missing?
Dungeons of Nahuelbeuk was this year or the last one?

Codex Year of the Donut

Dungeons of Nahuelbeuk was this year or the last one?

Modron

Arcane

Yeah you missed out Lost Eidolons was one of the standouts of this years Next Fest that wasn't a hold over from earlier ones. Demo was long 6+ hours 8 battles, with camp interludes with questing, dialog, influencing, a couple character recruitments, et cetera. Steam made a change to Next Fests such that companies could only submit to one festival so unless they bring back the demo full time you might not see it again.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://oceandrive.studio/2022/08/05/update-on-lost-eidolons-for-xbox/

Update On Lost Eidolons For Xbox​

Greetings, Tacticians.

We are deeply grateful for your continued support, and we believe that our way of paying back would be staying true to our goal of providing the best Lost Eidolons experience possible.

Based on the learnings from the Xbox closed beta, we identified that we have quite a few areas we need to make improvements in, especially with optimizing and polishing the game. We held multiple internal discussions and came to the conclusion that we needed to make some hard decisions.

Schedule

One conclusion we reached is that it would be better to delay the Xbox launch to Q1 2023. Closed beta taught us that Lost Eidolons is not yet presentable in the way we intended and requires much more optimization and polish. So we will take a little more time to be able to offer a game you can enjoy and we can be proud of. Our current plan is to release the PC version of Lost Eidolons first and launch on Xbox in Q1 of 2023. Once we have a firmer date, we will make sure we share it with you.

Platform

As we shared earlier in our development update, Lost Eidolons will only support Xbox Series X|S consoles. While our initial plan was to include the Xbox One family consoles, we concluded that we won’t be able to optimize enough to present our Xbox One players the seamless experience we want for all our players.

We sincerely hope that this message comes as a sign of our commitment to our goal of delivering the best gameplay experience we can provide, on each platform you find Eden and his band on.

Even though the Xbox launch is delayed, our work to deliver the best game we can continues.

You can find the latest development in our July 2022 Dev Chat stream.

We greatly appreciate your patience and continued support for Lost Eidolons and Ocean Drive Studio. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them in our Discord server.

The ODS Team

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://oceandrive.studio/2022/08/15/ocean-drive-studio-coming-to-pax-west-2022/

Ocean Drive Studio Coming To PAX West 2022!​

Greetings, Tacticians.

Today’s announcement is a first to us: Ocean Drive Studio will be at PAX West this year! We are super excited to meet fellow gamers and developers, especially with this being our first presence at offline events.

If you plan to be at PAX, make sure to stop by and say hello. We’ll be at booth #339, on the 4th floor of Zone 2. This is a big deal, so we have staff joining us all the way from Korea, including Jae Kim (CEO) and Jin Sang Kim (creative director for Lost Eidolons). We will also have demo stations set up, running a more polished build of Lost Eidolons. So you really need to stop by!

Make-Way.gif

Make room for Ocean Drive Studio!

While PAX is big news, please know that it is just one of the many ways you can meet the team. Feel free to reach out to us anytime on our social media channels (Twitter/Facebook/Instagram) or our Discord server.

We’re also planning a few announcements leading up to and during PAX, so make sure you stay tuned and don’t miss the action.

See you at PAX, or see you online!

The ODS Team

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/oceandrivestudio/lost-eidolons/posts/3597247

Lost Eidolons Is Coming to PC Soon!​

a9f94ba220defd9d488a1bcc16f7ef8a_original.jpg

Greetings, Tacticians.

We have some important announcements for Lost Eidolons today! Before we dive in, check out this quick message from Jin Sang, the creative director.

Release Date

You heard it from the man! Many of you have been waiting for this information, and we have finalized the date–the PC version of Lost Eidolons will be released on October 13, 2022. The team held multiple internal discussions to keep the wait as short as possible, but still ensure a schedule that allows us to bring you the best Lost Eidolons experience we can. For those of you catching up to Lost Eidolons news, please read this post to learn more about the delay with the Xbox version of the game.

Price

This required multiple discussions internally as well. We also took feedback from our community to explore many different options, then reached our conclusion: Lost Eidolons will be priced at 34.99 USD (subject to taxes, regional pricing, etc.). We’d like to add that the whole process was a blessing as we got to see how much our community valued Lost Eidolons!

Stay tuned for more updates as we get closer to launch. If you haven’t already, make sure you wishlist Lost Eidolons on Steam to get notified as soon as the game is available!

- The ODS Team

notpl

Arbiter
Wow. That, uh... that trailer definitely does not look quite like I was hoping in motion.

Vermillion

Educated
So it's Dynasty Warriors with extra steps?
It's Fire Emblem without the anime. Which is an incline. Dynasty Warriors is pushing one button over and over until you get to delete everything on the screen, or I'm mixing it up with all the other games that play more or less the same. This game presumably relies on some degree of thought, unless they completely fucked the balance.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://oceandrive.studio/2022/09/14/pax-west-recap-and-thank-you/

PAX West Recap And Thank You​

Hello Tacticians and Agents! (Now we are welcoming agents for the Blackout Protocol to the community!)
As you know, the team at Ocean Drive has been working hard to develop and deliver the best game possible, but we also worked many days and nights to prepare for PAX West. PAX West was our first major marketing push where we spent some budget, and there were a few reasons why we decided to be there.
  1. We wanted to meet players offline, and hear feedback on the latest build.
  2. We wanted to let our presence be known to the industry friends since we are virtually unknown in the gaming space.
  3. We thought the game announcements would be more impactful if people could actually see and play them.
There were concerns preparing for the show in parallel with game development as we have a fairly small team, but everyone at Ocean Drive made it happen and it was a great show for us!
Everyone rolled up their sleeves for the show, including Jae (CEO), Jin Sang (Creative Director – Lost Eidolons), Dong Soo (Creative Director – Blackout Protocol), and Minkyung (Project Manager – Blackout Protocol) who flew all the way out here from Korea!
embed-01-booth-setup_.jpg

Let us share our experience at the show with all of you!

1. Meeting Players and Getting Feedback​

We were initially concerned we might not have enough people demoing the game, so we designed a booth with a small number of demo stations. But the PAX West attendees were all awesome! Fans of our genres were finding us and lining up for both the Lost Eidolons and Blackout Protocol demos. At one point the wait time to play was over an hour, during which we got to chat with people and talk about our games. It was a great opportunity for us to engage with fans of the genres.
embed-02-long-line-01_.jpg
embed-02-long-line-02_.jpg
embed-02-long-line-03_.jpg

We ran challenges for both games too! For Lost Eidolons, clearing a designated chapter without losing any units won you a beautiful desk mat featuring Eden and his squad. For Blackout Protocol, joining a 3-person party that got to the boss stage within the time limit won you an awesome mat with an agent aiming a gun at you. And man, were people serious about completing the challenges!

embed-03-winners-01_.jpg
embed-03-winners-02_.jpg

We had a lot of people playing the game and providing feedback, which we logged to review. Both of our Creative Directors personally took feedback directly from the players for future improvements.

In general, we received a lot of compliments on how the games play and look, for which we are super grateful. We also saw lots of people return to try the challenges if they weren’t successful the first time, especially for Blackout Protocol. Players came back to get to the boss multiple times (not for the swag, just for fun!) again and again, and that was perhaps the biggest compliment of all.

2. Making Industry Friends​

We had a great time talking to game reviewers/editors and content creators. We were grateful that many editors who love RPGs stopped by to invest their valuable time at our booth.
Jin Sang expertly guided them through the demo (on Saturday, he had 8 demo sessions!!), and we have received great coverage from the media so far. We cannot wait for them to try out the final build for the official Lost Eidolons review.
embed-04-Jin-Sang_.jpg
Some articles from the editors who came by:

3. Key Announcements​

We announced two important pieces of news at PAX.
We announced the release date for Lost Eidolons—October 13th, 2022—and finally announced our second title, Blackout Protocol! Thanks to PAX West, we showcased our games on PAX West’s special promotion page on Steam, and got many gamers visiting our Store page and wishlisting!

embed-05-PAX-Promo_.jpg

Most of all, it was really fantastic to have our teams from Korea and US working side by side, talking to gamers interested in playing the games we are making!
PAX West 2022 left us exhausted, but we are proud to have had our own booth to connect with so many players.
As we recover from our exhaustion we are already thinking about possible future shows, in hopes of meeting with even more players in the future.

The ODS Team

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
The graphics do actually look pretty cool in that vid, but there's a bit of an art-design clash between the gritty mediaeval style of the characters the comic-book-like "Critical 30" stuff.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
The voiceover feels a bit... 2022 american too. Still, I'll give it a shot.

Blackout Protocol seems like an odd choice for a second release title, but I guess they wanted to branch out.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://oceandrive.studio/2022/09/21/lost-eidolons-comes-to-epic-games-store/

Lost Eidolons Comes To Epic Games Store​

An epic tale must have an Epic presence. We’re happy to announce that Lost Eidolons is now also on Epic Games Store!

Ocean Drive Studio team always strives to provide more ways to enjoy Lost Eidolons, reviewing our options to make the game available to turn-based RPG fans on different platforms.

If Epic is the game platform of your choice, make sure you wishlist Lost Eidolons right away. The launch date will be the same as Steam: October 13, 2022.

The team continues to work hard, looking forward to the day we get to share Lost Eidolons with you all.

The ODS Team

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom