Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Lost Eidolons - Fire Emblem-inspired turn-based tactical RPG by Koreans

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
Are you ready to face some lovely creatures on the battleground? Can't believe it's already October! The official Release date is approaching very quickly!

FeCPWWqVQAAvWYl

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://oceandrive.studio/2022/10/06/the-tacticians-guide-to-artemesia-1/

The Tactician’s Guide To Artemesia #1​

Hello to all the brilliant Tacticians waiting to test out their wits in Artemesia!

Your friendly neighborhood ODS GeeK here. In case you don’t know me: I am the Digital Content Manager at Ocean Drive Studio, and am mostly known for my appearance on the monthly dev chat streams, as well as my heavy use of cat GIFs in our Discord server.

70afb95d712787a3f47ce6e28dea00f1ccd6502f.png

That goofy guy on the left, that’s me.

We are now officially a week out from Lost Eidolons’ PC launch, so the team at Ocean Drive Studio decided to run a series of brief posts to help you get ready for the journey you are about to embark on. You know, the Eidolons should be the only ones that are lost.

Today, I’d like to briefly touch on the various combat situations you can find in Lost Eidolons. You’ll encounter different scenarios on the battlefield, and each time you are faced with choices. Just like real life, right?

Here are some examples:

• You can rush the gate while being singed, take it slow for a harder siege, or…

Viturin must be a blazer of trails…

• Keeping Andrea undetected to reach the objective is an option… but you know you can always fight the enemy head-on.

Am I the only one who wants to give Andrea a cardboard box?

While I am only sharing a couple examples here, I hope you get to enjoy the full spectrum of all the different settings our battles come in! We put a lot of thought into creating them.

Seasoned tacticians will be able to employ various tactics and weather through these different combat scenarios with ease, while a rather reckless one (like the man writing this blog post) may make some irrecoverable mistakes. Well, I guess it’s time to undo my last 5 turns… and 5 paragraphs.

ODS GeeK out.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://oceandrive.studio/2022/10/07/the-tacticians-guide-to-artemesia-2/

The Tactician’s Guide To Artemesia #2​

Greetings all.

I’m ODS ThorThor, Ocean Drive Studio’s Communications Director, which is just a fancy way of saying I work a little bit on all the mediums used to present and talk to you about our games. Exciting, I know.

But today, I’m happy to be left alone at my desk to discuss the broad topic of characters in Lost Eidolons.

9-Ccomang-300x300.png

I’d much prefer to be alive, please.
If you’ve read this far, I think it’s safe to assume you’re interested in the game so you already know who Eden is and how he’s the protagonist of Lost Eidolons. You probably also have seen him in his gold-plated armor looking very commander-like, swinging a sword, and maybe crashing a thunderbolt or two down on someone’s head.

9-Commander-Eden-1024x576.png

And yes, that is our hero Eden. However, you can just as easily swap out his armor with a mage’s robe, put a grimoire in his hand, and have him cast healing spells. Or maybe put him in the furry shorts of a berserker and charge directly into the fray swinging a battle axe.

You see, in Lost Eidolons, no character is bound to any particular class.

There are five different archetypes (Hunter, Warrior, Wizard, Priest, and Knight) that are split into four tiers of classes for you to choose from.

9-Class-Tree.png

Eden, of course, has a special final class that would be easier to unlock through the advancement of the knight class but I prefer him in the berserker make myself.

All the characters you add to your army, through either natural story progression or recruit by cajoling and/or bribing, may say they’re naturally this or that class. Don’t listen to them. You’re the commander of this army, they will be what you mold them to be!

The business of advancing through the classes is a serious one. You have to be a certain character level and meet the mastery requirements of your weapon and armor. Just because everyone is equipped with a bow as a secondary weapon doesn’t mean you will master it enough to become a ranger. You really have to work on it both on and off the battlefield.

So when it is finally time to advance, an Advancement Ceremony is held where the advancing characters are announced and they trade in their old lowly armor to fancier duds.

I must admit that Francisco and Klara are my favorite playable characters. And aside from the story, my motivation to keep playing is to have them wear the outfits of each class.

But hey, Eden glows up pretty nicely too.

9-EdenImage-056.png

Though nobody will ever out-style Lord Pompom (real name: Lord of Pomelde). The man is the embodiment of fashun.

9-lordofpomelde.png

giphy.gif

Now, though I named Francisco and Klara as my favorite playable characters, if I were to consider the entire roster, Balastar and Chelcia will be in my top three. Sorry Francisco, but something about badassery tugs at my heart.

You will see plenty of Balastar and Chelcia both on and off the battlefield even if they’re not playable characters. If Eden has Klara, Balastar has Chelcia. Eden also has Marchelle and Balastar has Elena…but maybe I’ll save that for another day.

Did I mention these characters really come alive because they’re fully dubbed (in English)?

As someone who’s seen the game pre-VO and can compare to post-VO, the impact is truly amazing thanks to the talented cast I now list in no particular order.

CharacterActor
EdenStephen Fu
KlaraJennifer Losi
ChelciaCassandra Morris
BalastarChris Tergliafera
FranciscoDavid Cooley
GilbertKeith Silverstein
AndreaColleen O’Shaughnessey
GodfreyEvan Michael Lee
GuillermoJordan Reynolds
IsoroChristopher Smith
MarchelleBrittany Cox
LeonJoe Zieja
RobinBilly Kametz/Ricco Fajardo
AlbrechtChris Hackney
MertenKeith Silverstein
MaurinMick Wingert
RobereBill Millsap
JohannaSuzie Yeung
LinardErnesto Jason Liebrecht
Guard Captain / Karl / Imperial Army CaptainChristopher Bevins
KasparJarred Kjack
CristobalJason LaShea
ErisSuzie Yeung
HectorJason LaShea
ElenaErica Mendez
EliasRichard Epcar
RothJordan Reynolds
ViturinJarred Kjack
Merchant PorterDaman Mills
EdieErica Mendez
FontaineEvan Michael Lee
GioJohn Matthew
JoshDaman Mills
Sera/Cloaked WomanMara Junot
AbramoDaman Mills
LudivictusRichard Epcar
PavloDaman Mills
AurelioErnesto Jason Liebrecht
EnvoyChristopher Bevins
Lady EsperanzaMara Junot
Lord AbelardRick Zieff
Lord CarlosEvan Michael Lee
Lord EnriqueJason LaShea
Lord RodrigoJordan Reynolds
Lord RoyceMick Wingert
Ms. WellsColleen O’Shaughnessey
Old PuppeteerRick Zieff
There you have it–my ramblings of characters in Lost Eidolons. I wonder if I’ll be invited back to write again…

Bye!

ODS ThorThor

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://oceandrive.studio/2022/10/08/the-tacticians-guide-to-artemesia-3/
Breaking the Battlefield

What up, Ocean Drivers?

…Eidol-heads? Lost-o’s? I don’t know, we’re a new company, the verbiage is still a moving target.

My name’s Brandon. I’m the Localization Editor on Lost Eidolons, which means if you open the game and read some words in English, I probably touched ’em. (Unless you don’t like them, in which case…uhhhh…I didn’t touch those ones. It was a different guy. Who lives in Canada.)

ANYWAY. Today we’re here to talk about something that will make the dorky tactics nerds out there get all hot and bothered:

1f525.svg
❄
1f4a7.svg
⚡
1f4a8.svg
1f343.svg
TERRAIN EFFECTS
1f525.svg
❄
1f4a7.svg
⚡
1f4a8.svg
1f343.svg

Okay, so, you know how in a lot of turn-based RPG’s, you’ve got like 5,000 different elemental spells, but mostly all they do is deal damage (and, occasionally, deal slightly more damage)?

Magic in Lost Eidolons is built different.

As those of you who took part in the betas can attest, combat in this game is suuuper melee-heavy, with mechanics designed to imbue movement and positioning with greater strategic depth.

For example, you know that silly flanking-leapfrog thing other SRPG’s make you do? Yeah, there’s none of that here.

1-fft.gif

I’m lookin’ at you, Yasumi Matsuno >:0

Making that design philosophy work means taking a slightly more reserved approach to magic. This is not a game where your spellcasters will be whipping out 9-tile Thundagas 5 hours in. In fact, players may be surprised to discover that there are very few multi-target spells in the game at all.

So, what gives? How do you make your spellcasters melt the dumb sword guys?

That’s where elemental synergies come in.

In addition to doing damage, the majority of elemental spells in the game also have terrain-related aspects, altering the battlefield as you fight.

2-NIghtveil_v3.5.gif

Welcome to nightveil.

Naturally, elemental hazards will bestow punishing status effects on any enemy dumb enough to walk through them. But they also create the opportunity for clever 1-2 combos, and these serve as the primary means of doing area damage in Lost Eidolons.

Maybe that means shocking that puddle you just created, to zap a bunch of guys all at once.

3-lightning.gif

Linard and Albrecht with a tag-team special.

Or extinguishing an obstacle some other jerk set.

4-killfire.gif

FIRE SEASON’S CANCELED.

The result is a combat system where nuking multiple enemies with a single spell is intentionally a bit of a pain to pull off — but when you actually do it? It can swing the whole battle. And feels AWESOME.

Discovering these and other interactions is half the fun of progressing the magic classes. And in true SRPG fashion, your spellcasters become flesh-liquefying gods of death by the endgame.

That said, spells have a limited number of uses per battle, and spellcasting classes tend to be on the squishy side, so they won’t be winning the day on their own. But with a bit of clever play and careful planning, they’re a crucial tool for turning the battlefield itself to your advantage.

And trust me: you’re gonna need all the help you can get.

notpl

Arbiter
Has anyone who's been following this closer than me seen if units will have unique attributes/progression that push them toward one role or another? Meaning, will one person always be a better mage than a warrior, as in the fire emblem games?

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
The Tactician's Guide to Artemesia #3
Breaking the Battlefield

What up, Ocean Drivers?

…Eidol-heads? Lost-o’s? I don’t know, we’re a new company, the verbiage is still a moving target.

My name’s Brandon. I’m the Localization Editor on Lost Eidolons, which means if you open the game and read some words in English, I probably touched ’em. (Unless you don’t like them, in which case…uhhhh…I didn’t touch those ones. It was a different guy. Who lives in Canada.)

ANYWAY. Today we’re here to talk about something that will make the dorky tactics nerds out there get all hot and bothered:

⚡ TERRAIN EFFECTS⚡

Okay, so, you know how in a lot of turn-based RPG’s, you’ve got like 5,000 different elemental spells, but mostly all they do is deal damage (and, occasionally, deal slightly more damage)?

Magic in Lost Eidolons is built different.

As those of you who took part in the betas can attest, combat in this game is suuuper melee-heavy, with mechanics designed to imbue movement and positioning with greater strategic depth.

For example, you know that silly flanking-leapfrog thing other SRPG’s make you do? Yeah, there’s none of that here.

57e90dd6971882a81663475230707aafad206ec2.gif

I’m lookin’ at you, Yasumi Matsuno >:0

Making that design philosophy work means taking a slightly more reserved approach to magic. This is not a game where your spellcasters will be whipping out 9-tile Thundagas 5 hours in. In fact, players may be surprised to discover that there are very few multi-target spells in the game at all.

So, what gives? How do you make your spellcasters melt the dumb sword guys?

That’s where elemental synergies come in.

In addition to doing damage, the majority of elemental spells in the game also have terrain-related aspects, altering the battlefield as you fight.

60c00ce748a7eb9d78eaf26a4626f5045ef42234.gif

Welcome to nightveil.

Naturally, elemental hazards will bestow punishing status effects on any enemy dumb enough to walk through them. But they also create the opportunity for clever 1-2 combos, and these serve as the primary means of doing area damage in Lost Eidolons.

Maybe that means shocking that puddle you just created, to zap a bunch of guys all at once.

edb40ce09dcde8b8ce17b3d0d79e61c56a348ae8.gif

Linard and Albrecht with a tag-team special.

Or extinguishing an obstacle some other jerk set.

b2daec841d2187702ca7a9b1e99824b887c561bb.gif

FIRE SEASON’S CANCELED.

The result is a combat system where nuking multiple enemies with a single spell is intentionally a bit of a pain to pull off — but when you actually do it? It can swing the whole battle. And feels AWESOME.

Discovering these and other interactions is half the fun of progressing the magic classes. And in true SRPG fashion, your spellcasters become flesh-liquefying gods of death by the endgame.

That said, spells have a limited number of uses per battle, and spellcasting classes tend to be on the squishy side, so they won’t be winning the day on their own. But with a bit of clever play and careful planning, they’re a crucial tool for turning the battlefield itself to your advantage.

And trust me: you’re gonna need all the help you can get.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://oceandrive.studio/2022/10/09/the-tacticians-guide-to-artemesia-4/

The Tactician’s Guide To Artemesia #4​

ODS Orbit here! I’m one of the newest members here at Ocean Drive Games, so hello there! I was also told that I wouldn’t get my daily food rations if I didn’t write a blog post. I’m hungry so uhhh..HERE I AM! At this point, you may have seen some of the nonsensical stuff I’ve posted on our social media channels.

I’d like to apologize for them.
1f647.svg

I would typically be in charge of telling you to visit and add us on our social media channels like our Twitch, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook pages
1f60f.svg
, but not today (sort of)! I’m here to drop some knowledge on the campgrounds in Lost Eidolons! Don’t worry, there are no bears or mosquitos to bother you in our camps.

But fair warning. You might have to worry about mosquito-bears.

mosquito-bear.jpg

Trust me, they didn’t hire me for my photoshop skills

I’ve been a life-long fan of Tactical/Strategy RPGs so I would consider myself a veteran of the genre. This means I have played a TON of these over the years. While the turn-based combat and the character customization is the main course of TRPGs, it’s nice to take a little break from all the pixelated and polygonal violence!

giphy.gif

“Peace was never an option” – Albrecht, probably

In Lost Eidolons, the campgrounds can be considered a “hub area” where you take on side-activities and manage your troops. Here, you have direct control of Eden and can run around the camp to speak to NPCs and merchants.

giphy.gif

Drones were invented in this universe much earlier

However, one of the most important functions of the camp is the training grounds. Any character in the game can be ANY class in Lost Eidolons. We don’t limit your role-playing goals! Do you want to have Francisco (a “Tank” archetype) be a priest and fling around holy spells to smite your enemies? You can do that! The only limiting factor is the character’s equipment mastery level. You level up your character’s equipment mastery simply by using the assigned equipment during battles. So in the example above, Francisco would need to use Light magic spellbooks to gain experience and meet the required level to unlock the Priest class. However, you can expedite the process by placing characters in the training grounds! After a battle, the characters you’ve set in the training window will earn some EXP once you head back to camp. That’s free mastery EXP!

giphy.gif

The single player campaign is a long and challenging one, but you can also partake in optional missions as well! These optional missions are unrelated to the main story and take you to the battlefield. It’s the perfect way to grind some levels to boost up your troops without advancing the storyline! Keep in mind that there are a limited number of optional battles. We do want you to do the main campaign eventually.
1f609.svg

giphy.gif

optionalbattles.jpg

As a leader, you must also look over your camp’s needs and wants. Between battles, you can spend Leadership points to initiate special camp activities with NPCs. Having meals with your allies and giving them gifts for example require Leadership points. Spending time with the various characters in the game is quite important as it ties in with the Rapport system. Rapport is quite important, so we’ll cover this more in a future blog!

giphy.gif

The most important thing to note is that Leadership points get fully restored each time you come back to camp and any unused points will not carry over, so make sure to spend them in-between chapters!

leadership_points.jpg

Overall, there’s much more to Lost Eidolons than just the battles. Recruiting allies, setting up training for your troops, and completing optional battles is just part of the various activities you can do. You’ve taken on a leadership role in this rebellion, and it’s your duty to manage your troops effectively in the camp!

notpl

Arbiter
The camera zoom-in on the NPCs' totally unanimated faces before each attack is a weird choice.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://oceandrive.studio/2022/10/10/the-tacticians-guide-to-artemesia-5/

The Tactician’s Guide To Artemesia #5​

ODS ThorThor reporting back for duty.

Hope everyone’s off to a good start to the week on this fine Monday! As for myself, it’s actually Sunday night as I write this, and I am a bit tired as I sit here trying to be coherent.

Thankfully, ODS Orbit went over the big topic of the Camp so I get to zero in on the Rapport System. If you haven’t read that blog, highly recommend you give it a read so what I write here makes a little more sense.

Please excuse my breaking out the dictionary as if I were a middle schooler writing my first essay, but Meriam Webster defines “rapport” as: “a friendly, harmonious relationship. Especially a relationship characterized by agreement, mutual understanding, or empathy that makes communication possible or easy.”

So like, “friendship” but upgraded to sound cooler in-game.

IRL or in Artemesia, life is better with friends. And when you’re Eden, a budding general tasked with somehow leading a ragtag group of misfits into battle and winning a war, life is safer with allies by your side.

There are four states of rapport: Peer, Acquantaince, Close Ally, and Trusted Friend. (Though you’ve been life-long buds with your mercenary pals like Francisco, you still start as peers. Go figure.)

9-Rapport.png

There are a few different ways to build rapport. You can share meals, chat and run side quests, have spar sessions, and if all else fails you can’t go wrong with bribing…errr…gifting them some neat stuff you’ve collected.

Spar.gif

Sparring is a risky proposition. You risk bruising your ego by failing super simple finger DDR.

But the other ways of escaping the peer zone like sharing meals and gifting will only cost you time, Leadership Points, and the items you had saved in your inventory.

9-Sera1.png
9-Sera2.png

Why should you bother with building rapport, you ask? In real life, so that people will actually like you. In Lost Eidolons, so you can unlock things like new chats, quests, and rewards that will not only help you on the battlefield but will enrich the story. Well, some of them will anyway. Choose your friends wisely.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

It’s release week for us this week. Hope you check out Lost Eidolons and stop by our Discord to build some rapport with us Ocean Drive peoples.
1f609.svg

And on that rather cringe note–bye!

ODS ThorThor

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://oceandrive.studio/2022/10/11/the-tacticians-guide-to-artemesia-6/

The Tactician’s Guide To Artemesia #6​

FANTASY FACTS FOR WEIRDO NERDS

LE-Countdown-Blog-6.gif

What up y’all? I’m Brandon, Localization Editor at Ocean Drive studios, and today I’ve been strong-armed politely asked to bring you some piping-hot Content about something no self-respecting RPG would be complete without:

L O R E
1f4d4.svg
1f4da.svg
1f913.svg
(<– that’s you)

For those who haven’t been following the game since its wee baby days on Kickstarter, Lost Eidolons is a turn-based tactics RPG set in a fantastical medieval world which has recently come down with a bad case of mass feudal warfare.

In building the continent of Artemesia, where the game takes place, the team strove to create a setting that felt at once evocative and familiar, suggesting a world and history expansive enough to support a franchise, without burying players under a wall of made-up dates and proper nouns.

Cuz, yknow, some people enjoy a game with a good story, but they’re not here for a whole fictional history lecture.

These people are cowards. I do not respect them.

Nonetheless: to satisfy such individuals, Lost Eidolons keeps the worldbuilding brisk and broad. There’s an Emperor, Ludivictus. There’s an evil empire named after him, staffed up with crappy little lordlings and corrupt bureaucrats. Twenty years ago, there was a big war about all this. Lots of folks are still salty about it. And now that Ludivictus qualifies for the senior discount at Denny’s, they’ve decided to take another crack at killing him.

1_with-logo.png
Isoro of House Feniche, leader of the Benerian rebellion.

But for all the sickos out there who ENJOY reading fantasy tax policy and academic arguments about the origins of magic, we’ve got a codex with around 150 entries that unlock over the course of the game, ready for citation in the Reddit argument of your choosing.

2_with-logo.png
LAP IT UP NERDS. (It’s me, I am nerds.)

There are also around 70 in-game documents written by various characters, which you can find strewn about the game’s camp sections.

3_with-logo.png

Heck, we even have codex entries ABOUT the in-game documents!

5a_with-logo.png
you LIKE that?? you FREAK???

The goal is to present a game with a story that operates like a swimming pool: a shallow end for those who just want to splash around a bit, and a deep end for the weird kids who like to blow out all their air and hang out down on the bottom. Sitting. Contemplating sunbeams. Thinking about time. It’s so peaceful down there, away from the world. These mortals. The constant ping of their Jira tickets. Alas, the flesh is weak, and cries for air . . .

ANYWAY, ENJOY THE GAME

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Whoever self-describes as nerd, or uses it in plural in endearing fashion (ex: "Hello fellow Nerds!" "Letz Nerd together!") is to be looked upon with utmost disgust as either a Jew, or someone using Jewish mind magic to hypnotize normies. Side efect: severe cringe effects in stomach

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Whenever I see Infinitron posting, I know:
a) game is woke
b) game is shitty
c) all of above plus made by Obsidian
d) might be good or is good, but Jew needs to control both thesis and antithesis. All water supplies and wells need to be shat in. No true popular alternative to Jewish narrative can be allowed. Both sides need to be controlled

What I'm trying to say? I hope couple of bigga nuclear warheads hit directly Jerusalem

notpl

Arbiter
There are many fair criticisms to level at JRPGs, but if nothing else they are unlikely to be saturated with californian politics. When that stuff DOES happen, it is usually forcibly inserted by the western publisher/localizer, which isn't relevant in this game's case.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Half of soldiers are women, all have California tranny face structure and California cancer patient haircut, which was popularized to zoomies. Koreans are heavily under Western zeitgeist influence, and feminist political party in South Korea used to hunt down males on streets, and force them to smell their bloodied tampons. Not exaggeration. South Korea is demasculanized, feminine, woke country which is allowed to only hate America's enemies

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Whenever I see on 5+ screenshots of different battles, always pefectly equal, Western egalitarian 50/50 male/female split among soldiers, I cringe. It's such an obvious thing to see, unnatural to anyone who leaves his bedroom, follows any modern war including one in Ukraine and is out of loop with Woke Matrix 2022. Today's centrist is 2019's far left

Those female faces make me wanna punch the screen

notpl

Arbiter
Half of soldiers are women, all have California tranny face structure and California cancer patient haircut, which was popularized to zoomies. Koreans are heavily under Western zeitgeist influence, and feminist political party in South Korea used to hunt down males on streets, and force them to smell their bloodied tampons. Not exaggeration. South Korea is demasculanized, feminine, woke country which is allowed to only hate America's enemies
Where are you getting this? The characters, both male and female, look like the most generic stock Poser models I can imagine, and judging by the cast list fewer than 25% of the named characters are female. Furthermore, it's a fantasy SRPG - if you use the female party members at all, you decide their role, and can use them as strictly healers or support units if the idea of a chick using a sword when she fights a giant serpent monster bothers you. I just looked through the entire thread and the dev twitter account to be sure and didn't see a shaved head anywhere, can you point it out for me? And it looks like only male models are used as filler for the battle scenes, so I assume the female characters are strictly plot-relevant recruits.

Examples:

image.png

image.png

image.png

You see what I mean? Named lady, support/healer class, footsoldiers all clearly male. If you don't want to see women in any capacity whatsoever then I don't think you are looking for fantasy, the fact that they can do things they're not capable of in real life is part of the point.

Last edited:

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Ok, I hope you're right. I wanna this game to be good. Devs are too Callifornia minded, too many bad puns and self deprecation (side effect from being overdosed on shitty American sitcoms since childhood) but there are also good things I have seen, otherwise I wouldn't post in game's thread. I simply can no longer get immersed in anything that's in touch with mainstream narrative, which has been officially woke since ~ 2019. I get violent cringe attacks. That's why Expeditions:Rome, thou placed in one of my favourite historical periods, will never get a playthrough from me. 50% of your followers being female in Roman Republic and 50% of your centurion recruitment pool being niggers: those things ain't bugs, they are decisions. THQ Nordic is publisher and THQ Nordic is officially ESG company. In general, 95% of video games created in 2022 America, unless from few based indies and couple based indie publishers (New Blood, Hooded Horse) are safe to be ignored

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://oceandrive.studio/2022/10/12/the-tacticians-guide-to-artemesia-7/

Changes Since Beta​

Hello, Tacticians!

From the Kickstarter campaign to our launch on October 13, we’ve come a long way, and we would like to thank everyone that’s supported us from day one. If you have been with us since the beginning, you’ve seen how Lost Eidolons has undergone countless improvements, and your feedback has been tremendously helpful in that process.

Today, we would like to highlight some major changes we’ve made since the Betas.

The look:​

First and foremost, we’ve made huge changes to how our game looks and feels, from the start screens, to the battlemaps, and even the user interface in the settings menu. We’ve also made numerous visual changes to how the story and dialogue is presented in the game’s main campaign.

Start screen in Beta 1:

1.png

Start screen now:

2.png

Victory screen in Beta 1:

3.png

Victory screen in Beta 2:

4.png

A typical dialogue scene in Beta 1:

5.png

And now:

6.png

The battlefield is another area where we’ve put a lot of focus. In addition to gameplay and visual changes too numerous to count, the development team has radically overhauled the battle UI.

Battlefield during Betas:

7.png

Battlefield now, with improved texture and details:

8.png

Gameplay controls during Betas:

9.png

Gameplay controls now – Ability to use WASD to move around the battlefield added:

10.png

Languages​

Another aspect of the game you might not notice is the fact that we’ve added language support for several languages. We now support the following languages:

11.png

Voiceover​

As mentioned in a previous post, we’ve had some serious help from some serious actors to give our game the audio treatment it deserved.

A few of our major standouts are:

Stephen Fu as Eden
Jennifer Losi as Klara
Chris Tergliafera as Balastar
Keith Silverstein as Gilbert
Brittny Cox as Marchelle
Colleen O’Shaughnesssey as Andrea
Billy Kametz and Ricco Fajardo as Robin

…And so much more!

The game has undergone way too many changes to include in a short post like this, as you’ll see for yourself once you play it. From the bottom of our hearts, we’d like to thank the community for the role you’ve played in the game’s development. Your feedback, whether positive or negative, has been instrumental to us in getting the game to the highest level of quality we can, and we hope that you’ll enjoy the results.

See you all on the battlefield!

– ODS Roy

notpl

Arbiter
I don't mean to be a doomer but from everything I've read it really sounds like they have no idea what makes fire emblem fun. No unqique stat progression between characters so they'll be identical within the same role, no way to jack up critical hit/evade/similar percentile chances so you can't build them for specific roles, no doubleattack so the attack/defense calculus between two units is even more simple and boring... They've cloned the most popular SRPG franchise in the world but taken out virtually every one of its signature mechanics. The environmental magic interactions better be REALLY neat, because that appears to be all they've got.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
watched a bit of the game and looks modern sjws shit lol,will most likely pass unless i see some kodexers talk possitivelly about it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

https://oceandrive.studio/2022/10/12/the-game-is-almost-here-counting-down-the-hours-to-launch/

The Game Is Almost Here! Counting Down The Hours To Launch​

Hello Tacticians,

It’s tomorrow! Thank you so much for supporting Lost Eidolons and we cannot be happier that we finally get to announce more details about tomorrow’s release!
We are releasing a 1.0 version of the game, meaning it’s not early access, it’s the full game. In case you are wondering what the game offers:

[Game Content]​

• 30+ hours of content!
  • 27 Chapters of Single Player campaign
  • In-game rendered cutscenes with voice acting in English (subtitle for other languages)
  • Main Battle along with optional Side Battles, Main Story Quests, Side Quests
  • Three Different Game Modes: Story/Regular/Hard mode with optional permadeath (Maniac Mode)
  • Camp content between main battles, which includes training, rapport system, recruiting system, and more
  • Class, Equipment, Elemental Synergy, Weak Point System, Zone of Control for Strategic Battle
  • Full Controller Support
  • And more to come after the official release!
Please don’t forget to read the last bullet! We consider the official release as a starting point and will share plans to add more content to the game!

[SKU Plan]​

• Base Game: 34.99 USD / 34.99 EUR with regional pricing
  • Art Book (170 pages!): 11.99 USD / 11.99 EUR
  • Soundtrack: 5.99 USD / 5.99 EUR
  • Digital Deluxe Bundle: Base Game + Art Book + Soundtrack at 15% discounted price – 45 USD

[Official Release Time]​

• North America
    October 13th, 8 am PT, 11 am ET
  • Europe
    October 13th, 3 pm GMT, 4 pm BST, 5 pm CEST
  • Asia
    October 14th, 12 am KST
    October 13th, 11 pm CST
  • South America
    October 13th, 12 pm BRT
  • Russia
    October 13th, 7 pm MSK
(If your local time is not listed, please use online time converters like THIS or anything similar.

[Official Release Event]​

We have a free DLC gift to celebrate the first month of the release!
Please redeem your free DLC while you can!

White-Horse.png

Finally, the reviews of Lost Eidolons are starting to roll in! We’d like to share some with you while you are waiting for the game to get released.

Check them out! We really love these and appreciate them!

YouTube:

Press:

If you have any questions, please leave it in the community section or join us on Discord!

Discord: https://discord.gg/sNAqA9eHnK

Eden and crew eagerly await your presence!
LE-Epic-Store-Landscape-Store-Front-2560x1440-1.jpg

ODS Team

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://oceandrive.studio/2022/10/12/update-on-collectors-edition-production/

Update On Collector’s Edition Production​

Greetings, Tacticians.

With the PC launch of Lost Eidolons on October 13 upon us, we bring you an interim update on the collector’s edition today.

Collector’s Edition Schedule

The global supply chain issues led to unforeseen delays in production. We are still in talks with the manufacturer of the physical edition to secure a concrete schedule. What we can share at the moment is that the collector’s edition of Lost Eidolons will be delayed by several months and we are now looking at delivery in mid-2023.

The design work is completed, but it has been extremely difficult to secure the schedule for the actual print production. Please note that this delay only affects the delivery of the physical copy and not the digital copy. If you ordered the collector’s edition, you will get the digital version of the game upon release (no time lost!), and the physical copy later.

Collector’s Edition Preview

Since the design of the artbook and the vinyl are done, we were able to share some snippets during our last dev chat stream. In case you missed it, here are some images to give you a sense of how the extra content would look like when you actually get it in your hands.

image4.png

Design for the vinyl, sporting awesome artwork inside and out!

image2.png

Illustrations used in the very opening sequence of the game,
telling you the tale of the iron-fisted emperor Ludivictus

image3.png

Familiar faces to those who played through our beta and demo,
as well as definite proof that there are dogs(?) and cats(?) in Artemesia

We know this delay in production may come as a disappointment and we are very sorry to have to deliver the news. We are continually discussing with stakeholders to get the issues resolved and secure a concrete schedule as quickly as possible. This delay is also costing us more as the cost to print is rising all around the world. We promise to provide you with further updates as we get more details confirmed.

Once again, please note that this will not delay your access to the game or the digital assets (artbook and OST). It will only delay the delivery of the physical package containing the LP vinyl.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us via Kickstarter DM or our Discord server. We thank you for your continued support for Lost Eidolons and Ocean Drive Studio!

The ODS Team

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom