Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Lost Eidolons - Fire Emblem-inspired turn-based tactical RPG by Koreans

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The devs are collecting questions in their discord channel for tomorrow's "AMA" session.
So far they were pretty straightforward with their answers, so if you have a burning question, it's a good chance to get it answered.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The devs are collecting questions in their discord channel for tomorrow's "AMA" session.
So far they were pretty straightforward with their answers, so if you have a burning question, it's a good chance to get it answered.
How many elves can we kill?

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Considering how Subverse got 16 times more than their 100K goal, they must have done something right, haha.

Perhaps you could use a stretch goal to invite a guest writer to work on the project?
Like Chris Avellone, for example. He is not too busy lately.
Please stop saying stupid things.

My experience has been that any reasonably good-looking game, even one from an unknown studio, can raise $100,000 on Kickstarter if the developers have done their promotion right. Lost Eidolons definitely looks good, a bit generic perhaps, but it's probably not reaching its potential.
:shredder:

We've got a lot to learn in that department then, damn.
From what I can tell I think you just have to sell fans of Fire Emblem to your game, the initial hurdle is the fact the game has a realistic look which will deter people on first impressions. Maybe if you speak more on the story or the game's own features or strengths that could do a lot better. You also have another hurdle of convincing people into traditional medieval settings why they should play your game which is more like Fire Emblem. The strengths of that simpler format.

Maybe reach out to a few more YouTubers? FE or JRPG reddit, what might be crass to say but maybe put the women in more of the promo stuff?

The mix is very likely what makes optics so difficult. Most people into games that look like Lost Eidolons (especially Three Houses) have never played an SRPG and vice-versa.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/oceandrivestudio/lost-eidolons/posts/3175034

Town Hall 1st Edition

6e595b053470ffa599d1c6791e3e9eb9_original.png

Greetings, tacticians.

We're publishing our first Town Hall a day early! This is an officially curated series of questions answered by Ocean Drive Studio's Creative Director for Lost Eidolons, Jin Sang! Every week we take questions asked by our community about the game, studio, or the people working on it and put it together in an official format. As a note, in the future all Town Halls will be on Friday. Check it out below.

---

LetterDrone: Are there prerequisites to unlocking classes like in Final Fantasy Tactics or Fell Seal? Or is the system in Lost Eidolons more like Fire Emblem: Three Houses where it's more based on weapon proficiency to graduate into a different class?

Creative Director Jin Sang: There are prerequisites to unlock each class. This could include character's level and/or proficiency level. I'd rather say it's more like Fire Emblem: Three Houses in that matter.

---

Zeke: Have you guys considered dungeons? Stuff like Midlight's Deep in FFT or the bunch of them in TO:LucT like PoTD and San Bronsa Ruins.

Creative Director Jin Sang: I have not considered dungeons yet. I was more focused on story and the battles around it so far. I was asked similar questions like end-game contents like endless dungeons and so on after we revealed the game. I'm open to this, but I can't confirm for now, and it might be beyond our immediate scope currently.

Zeke: Are there going to be any obscure requirement to unlock some characters?

Creative Director Jin Sang: I don't think so. While I could have done that, I decided that there wasn't a need for those kinds of obscure requirements to unlock characters. Instead, we made this system where characters visit the camp at certain points of the game and you need to build up a friendly relationship with them in order to recruit them.

---

icyski: What are your thoughts on how the battle forecast layout in Lost Eidolons would work in combat? Will all information be shown to the player (like how much damage they will do, chance to crit, chance to miss) before they take an action?

Creative Director Jin Sang: I want players to have every single piece of information possible shown in an easy-to-digest format on the battlefield so that they can always make informed decisions.

icyski: Once the game releases will there be support for mods to the game?

Creative Director Jin Sang: Well, my ultimate goal is to support the mods and let users create the story and the battles as well! However we're constrained by resources right now, so I supposed it depends on the success of the game later on.

---
Tsu: I'm just wondering if there might be features similar to the Ace Combat series where there are main battles you would always fight but that diverging paths occur based on choices made that lead to different combat encounters.

Creative Director Jin Sang: Well, I wish I could add those kinds of episodes but I don't think we can currently for Lost Eidolons. Maybe if we make a sequel!

Tsu: Will there be battles or encounters that will be grindable for strengthening characters during the story/campaign or will the strategy aspect extend to planning out experience amongst your characters?

Creative Director Jin Sang: People can play the way that they want. There is a set amount of EXP that we intend for players to get, but for those who really want to grind, they can continue grinding EXP beyond that but at a much slower rate than the intended amount.

Tsu: Will classes be limited to one type of weapon or will we have the ability to customize what weapons we have to an extent?

Creative Director Jin Sang: Characters can equip any type of weapons as you wish. There's no limit on what you want to equip. However, you will have to choose wisely what to equip since there will be some advantages and/or disadvantages.

---

Severance Bane: Are there plans to add more classes, skills and class upgrades in later updates?

Creative Director Jin Sang: Currently there's 19 classes (not including two base classes) to choose. Originally there were 10 more classes we wanted to add. I had to make a decision to cut those for lots of reasons. If I have a chance to add those after the launch, I'll definitely some of them back in!

Severance Bane: Will we be able to swap from a top down camera angle to a "behind the shoulder" kind of perspective during combat?

Creative Director Jin Sang: You can zoom in and out and rotate the camera during the combat but not the perspective.

---

NoirValentine: How come there are only 3 backer options for being featured in the tooltip of unique weapons when there are 8 weapons?

Creative Director Jin Sang: Well, we decided not to give all 8 of them for backer options since there were some unique weapons related to the story that we wanted to keep the flavor text as vanilla as possible.

---

Nortar: Are there any elves or non-human races? Can we kill them? How many?

Creative Director Jin Sang: For now, we've decided not to add any non-human races. Humanity is at the mercy of its own kind, and occasionally that of more supernatural creatures.

---

MussoBro: What were some of the major inspirations for the story of the game?

Creative Director Jin Sang: I would say that there were two major inspirations. One came from the history and mythos of ancient China and the other came from the games I developed and played that include the Legend of CaoCao and Fire Emblem series.

---

Have a burning question that you definitely want answered at the next Town Hall? You can have your question featured at the next Town Hall by asking it in the #town_hall text channel on our Discord!

Last edited by a moderator:

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
So they have answered the elven question, even if in more generalized form.

No elves, no problem, no regrets backing the game.
My tactical finger is itching to send the troops into battle.

ph2F8kI.png

just a newfag

Literate
Hey all. I found this discussion on search engine and made an account on the site to jump in on discussions. I'm one of the guys from Ocean Drive Studio, the peeps making Lost Eidolons. If anyone has any questions or feedback (especially constructive criticism) along the entire route of the development process between now and the full launch of the game, and also beyond, I'm all ears and happy to answer, or yank our Creative Director to get answers on.
Fire Emblems were a lot of fun. Are there mechanics like biorhythms and characters who fight better when they are adjacent?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So they have answered the elven question, even if in more generalized form.

No elves, no problem, no regrets backing the game.
My tactical finger is itching to send the troops into battle.

ph2F8kI.png
Gods I hope you don't pick your nose with that hand.

ODS Pat

Arcane
Developer
Hey all. I found this discussion on search engine and made an account on the site to jump in on discussions. I'm one of the guys from Ocean Drive Studio, the peeps making Lost Eidolons. If anyone has any questions or feedback (especially constructive criticism) along the entire route of the development process between now and the full launch of the game, and also beyond, I'm all ears and happy to answer, or yank our Creative Director to get answers on.
Fire Emblems were a lot of fun. Are there mechanics like biorhythms and characters who fight better when they are adjacent?
There's nothing along the lines of Biorhythms, but there are synergy 'joint attack' mechanics for units that fight positioned near/next to one another. That mechanic appears starting in episode 17 though, so won't be present in the earlier battles. Also, we noticed a few of y'all here picked up a Kickstarter package to help support our campaign. Wanted to say big thanks for helping signal boost the campaign.

My experience has been that any reasonably good-looking game, even one from an unknown studio, can raise $100,000 on Kickstarter if the developers have done their promotion right. Lost Eidolons definitely looks good, a bit generic perhaps, but it's probably not reaching its potential.

From what I can tell I think you just have to sell fans of Fire Emblem to your game, the initial hurdle is the fact the game has a realistic look which will deter people on first impressions. Maybe if you speak more on the story or the game's own features or strengths that could do a lot better. You also have another hurdle of convincing people into traditional medieval settings why they should play your game which is more like Fire Emblem. The strengths of that simpler format.

Maybe reach out to a few more YouTubers? FE or JRPG reddit, what might be crass to say but maybe put the women in more of the promo stuff?

The mix is very likely what makes optics so difficult. Most people into games that look like Lost Eidolons (especially Three Houses) have never played an SRPG and vice-versa.

That last sentence is really spot-on. We wanted to carve out a niche by taking the route of making this kind of game with this kind of art direction, but perhaps there's a partial reason why the two haven't been approached under the same roof previously. We're adamant in our choice to make a game like this, but of course it doesn't come without its caveats.

We're waiting until a playable version of the game was available (soon™) before reaching out to YouTubers and streamers of the like as well. It's on our to-do list for sure.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/oceandrivestudio/lost-eidolons/posts/3175502

(Available Now) Monarch of the Empire & Outlaw of the Empire Backer Tiers

5563ec0857d1161aeb7c6c9151435096_original.png

Greetings, tacticians!

As we had mentioned earlier this week, we've elected to increase the quantity of one of our higher backer tiers as well as add a new one. This comes mainly from community request, from current and interested supporters who wanted a strong incentive to support the campaign but weren't interested in the existing medium packages or what they wanted sold out before they had a chance to pick it up (as a reminder, our two top backer tiers sold out within the first hour, and top three backer tiers shortly after that).

The following backer tiers are now available to either pick up for the first time or to change your current pledge to.

---

Monarch of the Empire (Rd. 2)

• Quantity: 10
  • Throughout your journey you’ll encounter characters in the camp who may share a comment with you. Name a camp NPC and write a short blurb that they’ll say to the player.
  • Digital Deluxe package of the game on PC or Xbox console, including digital concept art book, OST, and high-res world map.
  • PC beta access during the development phase for both PC & console backers.
  • Your name in the credits as a backer.
  • 'Monarch' role on our Discord on request.
---

Outlaw of the Empire

• Quantity: 30
  • We'll put your face or icon on a wanted poster on a bulletin board in the camp. You can provide the picture or draw it yourself, and we'll stylize it on the bill parchment. Your bounty of 200 gold pieces (higher for those who pledged bonus support), as well as a name and reason for being wanted that you provide.
  • Digital Deluxe package of the game on PC or Xbox console, including digital concept art book, OST, and high-res world map.
  • PC beta access during the development phase for both PC & console backers.
  • Your name in the credits as a backer.
  • 'Outlaw' role on our Discord on request.
Note: Image or likeness must be of your own or your own creation. We obviously don't have the rights to use copywrited images or faces.

Note 2: For those who ended up backing extra, the excess pledged amount will go towards increasing the bounty on the bill parchment. For example, for someone who backed $300, their bounty will reflect this amount as 300 gold pieces.

---

We refrained from doing too many over-the-top backer rewards as we intended to keep the game and the overall campaign fairly straightforward and vanilla. It'd be rather abstract to go through the game and see too many out-of-place names, images, etc. We are still looking into doing a limited run physical copy of Lost Eidolons as an optional add-on for all existing backer tiers. When we have more information of if we're doing it and what the contents would include should we do it, we'll share it with everyone immediately!

Siveon

Bot
Jeez, biorhythm. I forgot that was a mechanic in the Radiant games.

That last sentence is really spot-on. We wanted to carve out a niche by taking the route of making this kind of game with this kind of art direction, but perhaps there's a partial reason why the two haven't been approached under the same roof previously. We're adamant in our choice to make a game like this, but of course it doesn't come without its caveats.

We're waiting until a playable version of the game was available (soon™) before reaching out to YouTubers and streamers of the like as well. It's on our to-do list for sure.
Good luck! A creative slice could be enough to get a lot of people looking at your work.

This may be a longshot for the team, but making this slice publicly available may also help.

Sykar

Arcane

Considering how Subverse got 16 times more than their 100K goal, they must have done something right, haha.

Perhaps you could use a stretch goal to invite a guest writer to work on the project?
Like Chris Avellone, for example. He is not too busy lately.

Sex sells.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/oceandrivestudio/lost-eidolons/posts/3176378

Story: Brothers in Arms

5063b3d22b0033516f4f923a97664892_original.png

Greetings, tacticians.

Today we're continuing our spotlight of Eden's mercenary crew. Earlier this week, we introduced you to Robin and Robere. Now get ready to meet our hero's two closest friends and brothers-in-arms: Leon and Francisco.

---

Eden's childhood friend and confidante, Leon is often mistaken for a sibling. While they may not be literally related, their bond runs deeper than blood; years ago, Leon's mother took an orphan Eden in, and treated him like a second son. Since her passing, the pair have become inseparable.

Though he can often come across as grumpy or aloof, Leon cares about his friends deeply. With a quick wit and a barbed tongue, he has a knack for gently reprimanding those he disagrees with, while bringing down the temperature in heated confrontations. Through sheer necessity, he's also developed his talents with an account book, as well as a needle and thread — both surprisingly useful skills in a mercenary company, particularly when Francisco is around.

The group’s go-to muscle, Francisco is strong as a boar and just as short-tempered; he likely would have landed in jail years ago if not for Eden. But the reverse is also true: without Francisco, Eden probably wouldn't survive the particular brand of high-risk do-gooding he can never seem to resist.

When he's not thumping skulls on the battlefield, Francisco enjoys training and gambling. He's also been known to write and sing his own verse, but that fact is a closely guarded secret.

As Eden's journey carries him out of Lonetta and into the wider world, Leon and Francisco will be there every step of the way, helping to keep him anchored. Though Eden's propensity for charity often drives them to complaint, in truth, it's why they follow him at all. Like any who have experienced more than their share of hungry nights, these rowdy ruffians learned at a young age one of life's most valuable lessons:

Having friends you can trust isn't an idle luxury. It's a matter of survival.

---

That concludes today's story entry. With this, the stage is set for the band of rugged mercenaries and their controlled fate among one another. This week we had met the lifelong allies of our protagonist. Next week, you will get to meet some of the key figures that Eden will encounter once the wheels are set in motion in Lost Eidolons' events.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
Nobody can ever accuse this kickstarter of not having enough updates, although this is a short one: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/oceandrivestudio/lost-eidolons/posts/3179867

Story: Paragon of Justice

Greetings, tactician.

In the previous week's updates, we met the lifelong friends of Eden that comprise his ragtag band of mercenaries at the onset of Lost Eidolons. Circumstances as they play will force Eden to enlist the aid of powerful new allies to overcome difficult hurdles ahead of him. Today's story revolves around one of the first of the fiery compatriots that Eden will encounter once chaotic events spur into motion: Marchelle.

---

In the Ludivictan Empire, power corrupts, and corruption pays. Nowhere is that axiom more on display than among the ranks of the Inquisitors. Mid-level bureaucrats tasked with auditing the local officials who oversee the provinces, Inquisitors are theoretically a safeguard against corruption. In actuality, most are as dirty as they come, earning more in bribes than they draw from their salaries.

Then there's Marchelle.

Highborn, educated, and deeply principled, Marchelle is the embodiment of dignity and grace. Hailing from the Imperial capital of Leroyaure, in the Province of Floriant, she is an excellent administrator, experienced at fighting lopsided battles with little resources or support.

But trying to fix a corrupt system from within is no easy task, and might even be downright impossible, a moral conundrum Marchelle is soon forced to confront, with a little help from a certain young mercenary.

As Eden is drawn into broader conflicts for the future of his people, Marchelle will become one of his closest allies and most dependable advisors: ready, willing, and able to bring justice to a land sorely in need of it.

---

That concludes today's story entry. Later this Saturday, we'll meet one of the key figures of Lost Eidolons, and one whose face has already been seen a number of times: Balastar.

Friend of the Project: Elementallis
We also wanted to take moment to shout out a friend of the campaign, Elementallis! They just started their Kickstarter campaign today and we wanted to signal boost an awesome 2D Zelda-like game where elements are the main theme. The Legend of Zelda is among many of the games a lot of us grew up with so we liked what we saw the moment we laid eyes on their project!

4a41ba15542fd78edea6e8d9d4ccbb77_original.gif

Just like in Lost Eidolons, you can manipulate your surroundings to devastate enemies with powerful combinations of magic.
In Elementallis you'll explore their handcrafted world and complete the trials of its temples to be able to restore the elements. Then, you’ll be able to use the elements in fights, to solve puzzles or to progress on your adventure. Freeze your enemies, grow vines to climb to higher places, light up dark places with fire or clear pits thanks to the power of the wind. You can even combine elements to maximize their impact!

Elementallis will be coming to Steam, Nintendo Switch, PS4/5 and Xbox. You can check out their game trailer here.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/oceandrivestudio/lost-eidolons/posts/3179905

Physical Collector's Edition Now Available + Dev Update Stream Tomorrow

5563ec0857d1161aeb7c6c9151435096_original.png

Greetings, tacticians.

We have a couple of awesome news to share today!

PC Physical Collector's Edition (add-on)
First and foremost is that per popular request, we're working with a partner to deliver a PC physical copy Collector's Edition to the add-ons for backers. This means that you can select to obtain a physical Collector's Edition to own regardless of the current tier that you are via add-on. Orders for the Collector's Edition are available now!

4f5df60b8861e3bdef4b161b8e53bee7_original.jpg

As you can see above in the concept, we plan to include the following in the physical edition:

• A special Collector's Edition box that houses it all.
  • Vinyl record (2 LPs) (each record holds a certain amount of music, due to the length of the soundtrack being too large for one vinyl).
  • A collector's edition art book which contains original art for the game as well as additional commentary.
  • A case with a Steam code copy of the game (the medium decided is TBD).
To include the Physical Collector's Edition, please choose the type of pledge and you can select it as an add-on.

If you are an existing backer who wants to add the Collector's Edition, you can click change pledge, and choose the same pledge reward and you will see the add-on there.
The above image is the concept for the physical edition and should just be used as a reference. We intend to deliver something of similar or better quality! Once we start to work on the design, we will be sharing them with the backers!

As mentioned above, this is for PC only. As of this time, our partner that we're working with can only create this bundle for PC. We may return to this idea for console players at a later date.

The price of the package for Kickstarter-only is $69 including shipping (DDU). After the Kickstarter campaign, we may continue to sell the Collector's Edition for $69.99 plus shipping. The price we will be paying for the shipping for most of the countries will be $20 and few countries at cheaper rate. Also note that as progress on all of the artwork and the soundtrack are ongoing work, that we will only deliver the physical Collector's Edition once both are complete, meaning, unlike other packages the physical edition will be delivered when the game is ready to launch in 2022.

Monthly Dev Update Stream Tomorrow!

Secondly, we'll be holding a Livestream this Thursday, April 6th at 3:00 PM PT. This is part of our goal to bring a monthly stream to our community to highlight the latest updates to the game and also hold a live Q&A session for attendees. It essentially serves as a video format of our weekly Town Hall while also providing new information about the development of Lost Eidolons!

Join us on our official studio Twitch channel!

Localized Times:

• 3:00 PM PDT (UTC -7)
  • 6:00 PM EDT (UTC -4)
  • 11:00 PM BST (UTC +1)
  • 7:00 AM KST (UTC +9), April 7th
You can see the previous Livestream we had last month below as well:

Do you have a question that you definitely want answered by Creative Director Jin Sang? You can ask it in our Discord server in the #town_hall channel and we'll definitely answer it during the stream.

Can't make it to the Livestream? Don't worry about it. The day after, we'll be posting a recap with a video for people who couldn't make it here and on our YouTube channel.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
Transcript from this week's town hall and dev stream... https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/oceandrivestudio/lost-eidolons/posts/3182433
Town Hall 2nd Edition (Recap)

6e595b053470ffa599d1c6791e3e9eb9_original.png

Greetings, tacticians.

This week's Town Hall took place during our monthly dev stream! One town hall out of the month will always follow this format. This is an officially curated series of questions answered by Ocean Drive Studio's Creative Director for Lost Eidolons, Jin Sang! Every week we take questions asked by our community about the game, studio, or the people working on it and put it together in an official format. Check it out below.

---

❈ Town Hall |Alex14ac: "Is there any way to edit any of the characters' features such as face, hair, or body proportions?"

• CD Jin Sang: "The answer is no. I wanted to, but I didn't get a chance to."
  • CM Pat: "I think it's okay. Every character that can be recruited has their own place in the game's story. Modifying their look from the original design could alter the immersive feeling of each grounded appearance."
---

❈ Town Hall |Bodin: "Will the units interact or speak with one another during the story or will they mainly only interact with the protagonist Eden?"

• CD Jin Sang: "Mainly they'll be interacting with Eden, but sometimes you might approach some people talking in the camp and overhear some of the residents talking, almost as if you're not supposed to be listening in."
  • CM Pat: "Oh! This is a question from me then. If certain characters are supposed to have specific dialogue among one another, is it possible to miss dialogue by not recruiting certain characters?"
  • CD Jin Sang: "If that happens, yeah that conversation just skips. But you can't miss mandatory/main sequence dialogues because they'll be dealt by characters that the game gives you through the story."
  • CM Pat: "Well that's cool. Might encourage some replayability since you can't recruit all the characters available in the game in a single playthrough."
---

❈ Town Hall |NoirValentine: "We're nearing the funding goal. What stretch goals do you have in mind after Permadeath? Will the community be able to vote on which stretch goals they want?"

• CM Pat: "We did have a plan for stretch goals, but we may modify them as we approach the last stretch (pun not intended). Besides for Permadeath, we had Hell Mode and something called the Debug Menu, but we're open to ideas from the community pending viability."
  • CD Jin Sang: "Hell Mode wouldn't just be an increase to HP. They'd receive new skills which could largely impact their overall AI and behavior on how they attempt to defeat the player."
❈ Town Hall |NoirValentine: "Will people be able to continue to back the project after the campaign has ended?"

• CM Pat: "This is TBD. We know there are some services that allow pledges to be given after a campaign has already ended but it's tentative."
---

• CM Pat: "How does working from home affect the team and development of the project?"
  • CD Jin Sang: "As a developer, you need good tools, and having to remotely connect to the office to access everything is just slow and a hassle."
  • CM Pat: "We've been working from home for how long now?"
  • CD Jin Sang: "Like a year? A year and a half now?"
---

❈ Town Hall |Saint Furfur: "Are there any plans to have monsters playable in the future? If not, can it be considered later in a future update?"

• CD Jin Sang: "While I've thought about other playable races, there isn't really intent on making monsters a playable type of unit. Maybe in another installment, or a sequel."
  • CM Pat: "Wouldn't it be a logistical nightmare to have playable monsters? Don't they occupy multiple grid cells?"
  • CD Jin Sang: "Depends on the monster. Some are small and occupy one cell, some occupy multiple."
---

❈ Town Hall |jord: "Are there any plans for a photo mode for people who want to take artistic screenshots?"

• CD Jin Sang: "Hmm, never thought about that..."
  • CM Pat: "You never looked at your project and thought, hey this is a pretty good looking game?"
  • CD Jin Sang: "Well it's not really an open-world RPG so I hadn't given it much consideration while building the game. Anyways, we'll think about that feature."
---

❈ Town Hall |Tsu: "Aside from stretch goals, will Lost Eidolons continue to receive content support after the launch? For example seasonal/holiday updates?"

• CD Jin Sang: "As far as I'm allowed to say, I'm willing to add more features and possibly story contents focusing on characters other than Eden."
  • CM Pat: "We're operating on relatively tight deadlines trying to deliver the game in early 2022 in its fullest. Maybe not everything we want to do can be done at that stage and we might want to finish the spit-shine and polish post-launch."
---

❈ Town Hall |Severance Bane: "Will there be any randomized battles either during or after the campaign to extend playtime?"

• CD Jin Sang: "Outside the main story, there will be battles for level grinding and those will have some form of randomness."
  • CM Pat: "It's good to recap that there's an intended amount of EXP we plan on players to be able to get from grinding. But it doesn't actually hard-stop anyone from really grinding out levels if they have the patience."
❈ Town Hall | Severance Bane: "Are there any class-specific items to equip? What about character-specific?"

• CD Jin Sang: "There are some specific items where you need to be in a certain classes, for example magic spelltomes can generally only be equipped to mages. There are certain items that are specific to characters per the lore but they don't actually have a restriction on who can wear them."
  • CM Pat: "Good ol' past time of stealing all the cool unique items and putting them on your favorite characters."
❈ Town Hall |Severance Bane: "Can you upgrade or expand the camp?"

• CD Jin Sang: "As the story goes on, camp will be expanded and more of the camp's features will be unlocked."
---

❈ Twitch Chat | xxnoirvalentinexx: "Will we get to see any additional gameplay footage with commentary of combat battles or interaction scenarios with the companions/general camp life with the lore of the game etc before the Kickstarter ends :)?"

• CD Jin Sang: "Probably not during the remaining two weeks, no."
  • CM Pat: "It's not like we'll stop giving updates though after the campaign has ended."
  • CD Jin Sang: "Hopefully soon, maybe next month we can show more gameplay."
  • CM Pat: "It's not like we'll stop giving updates though after the campaign has ended. That being said, status on the thoughts on the first playable demo?"
  • CD Jin Sang: "We're building it now. I think we're planning by the end of May? It won't be fully-featured but it'll have a bit of gameplay of the camp and battles. Two episodes maybe? And no difficulties to pick from yet."
---

❈ Twitch Chat | TobenRacicot: "In a similar way to how Fire Emblem and Final Fantasy pulls in weapons from mythology like Caladbolg, etc, will Lost Eidolons pull in weapons from myth, maybe Korean mythology?"

• CD Jin Sang: "I've never thought about doing something like that, but it would be really cool to include really famous weapons from history. Especially with things like the family heirloom unique weapons."
  • CM Pat: "It would be cool. Famous weapons like that you know are always badass. Like you see something called Excalibur, you know that's the real deal."
---

❈ Twitch Chat | benatsu: "can you play as companions in the camp? would you be able to participate in any activites like mock battles or mini games in the camp?"

• CD Jin Sang: "Only as Eden."
  • CM Pat: "It's very centric around the protagonist."
---

❈ Twitch Chat | thegreatskeletor: "will there be a weapon durability system?"

• CD Jin Sang: "No durability."
  • CM Pat: "It's always a hassle and often doesn't add much to gameplay."
  • CD Jin Sang: "There is skill/magic durability in a way though?"
  • CM Pat: "Oh yeah, skills and magics have limited use per battle so you can't just spam them. You have to actually carefully use them depending on the situation. It's not like you're bringing your spells and skills to a blacksmith to repair though."
---

❈ Twitch Chat | icy_skizors: "will the demo be available to all, or just Kickstarter backers?"

• (In Chat) Global Operations Director Jungsoo: "To everyone!"
  • CM Pat: "Demo will be available for everyone, though the demo isn't as robust as the beta test we intend to have later on that all Kickstarter backers will have guaranteed access to. Also we know that a lot of y'all were hoping we'd reach out to more influencers; probably by this point we will once we have something tangible to put in their hands!"
---

❈ Twitch Chat | benatsu: "just from previous - is there actual like life skilling / time sinking activities in the camp or is that TBA"

• CD Jin Sang: "What does time sinking activities actually mean?"
  • CM Pat: "It means walking over to a tree in the camp and cutting it down."
  • CD Jin Sang: "Aha... there are some simple quests objectives that you'll have to do a few menial tasks but otherwise nothing really."
  • CM Pat: "Simple enough. I think if people want Lost Eidolons to be a time sink it should be trying additional playthroughs or challenge runs or the like."
---

❈ Twitch Chat | jiyva00: "Are the races you said could be playable include races like Centaurs/Minotaurs with equipment restrictions?"

• CD Jin Sang: "Probably not no."
  • CM Pat: "It's pretty grounded isn't it? Besides for the mythological creatures, humanity is all that there is and humanity are pretty its own oppressor."
---

❈ Twitch Chat | benatsu: "can you play cards with the boys, is OceanDrive planning to go witcher style and invent a mini game or is there like anything sort of 'casual and light' in nature lol"

• CD Jin Sang: "Ah, The Witcher. It's kind of like that, but kind of different. I want to add mini-games similar to this. The Witcher did Gwent, a card game, I wanted to do something like an in-game board game that simulated battles that had a separate set of rules from the normal combat."
  • CM Pat: "Strategy game-ception. I really, really hope you'd have to collect the figurines to use in the board game from the main game."
  • CD Jin Sang: "You challenge an NPC and their team of figures."
  • CM Pat: "You challenge them and beat them and take their figures right? Like Triple Triad from Final Fantasy 8."
  • CD Jin Sang: [laughs]
---

Have a burning question that you definitely want answered at the next Town Hall? You can have your question featured at the next Town Hall by asking it in the #town_hall text channel on our Discord!

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
A new batch of Q&A.
Edit: I was too slow to post it.:)

But what's up with people keep asking about playing as monsters. Is it a feature in Fire Emblem or something?

Siveon

Bot
A new batch of Q&A.
Edit: I was too slow to post it.:)

But what's up with people keep asking about playing as monsters. Is it a feature in Fire Emblem or something?

not in fire emblem, but I think there was some controllable monsters in Tactics Ogre
It's a common feature in SRPGs to be able to control monsters. Disgaea, Ogre, and Final Fantasy Tactics (orator)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/oceandrivestudio/lost-eidolons/posts/3183390

Story: The Lion of the Rebellion

Greetings, tacticians.

Today's update has us meeting one of the two main iconic characters of Lost Eidolons, Balastar. The lion of the rebellion, he is a man of great ferocity driven by powerful conviction, and one of the primary driving catalysts which will push Eden towards his own path in the story.

-----

Some heroes, like Eden, are thrust into greatness. Others are raised for it. Such is the case for Balastar Feniche, a man forged in the flames of war, with everything to gain and nothing to lose.

3bb57f195dd77b2ad4cdc8144eac82b8_original.png

Hailing from the seaside country of Benerio, Balastar is the heir to the prestigious House Feniche, and the son of a beloved war-hero (the late General Amadeo Feniche). Much of his family was claimed by bloodshed at a young age; as a result, Balastar was brought up under the wing of his uncle, Isoro, another well-known general who has spent years laying the groundwork for rebellion against the Empire. With a sword in hand and steel in his heart, Balastar is a charismatic battlefield leader and a fierce warrior in his own right, though his passion sometimes gets the better of him.

Having witnessed the horrors of war and the suffering that followed, Balastar holds a deep resentment towards Emperor Ludivictus and the tyranny of his reign. As a commander in the rebel army, Balastar is loyal to his uncle's mission, but driven by his own convictions. He seeks nothing less than the absolute destruction of the Empire, and to be the sole individual to bring it down to its knees, a duty he considers his destiny.

50b13fcefa02d8fffaaee6391d3c29ec_original.png

Though his heart is a carefully guarded fortress, he does occasionally open the gates to those who gain his trust. It's rumored that once in a while, his roars of laughter can be heard bellowing throughout the camp.

-----

That concludes today's story entry. You've now learned of some of the key figures that Eden has yet to meet that will play a major role in shaping his destiny in the impending conflict. Next week, we'll share some of the wider conflicts that play a part in setting the stage for the events of Lost Eidolons.

Old Hans

Arcane
Asians always do such a good job when they do serious western style armor. Meanwhile games like dragon age try to make their fantasy armor as gay as possible

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/oceandrivestudio/lost-eidolons/posts/3185525

Story: Isoro & The Rebellion

Greetings, tacticians.

Last week we met the lion of the rebellion, Balastar, as well as a beacon of justice amidst a land of corruption, Marchelle. These characters will play a vital role in shepherding an age of change in Artemesia. And for that, we must delve deeper into the wider conflicts of the world and what has led them and our protagonist Eden on this march towards their destinies. Today, we're learning about Isoro, one of the great commanders leading the insurgents against the empire and his connection with Balastar.

---

A proud family with a storied history, House Feniche is one of the oldest noble bloodlines in the Province of Benerio.

For centuries, the Feniches served as the loyal sword of House Orsio, the former kingdom's ruling power. In the family's glory days, Amadeo Feniche (Balastar's father) acted as Benerio's chief protector, and was widely beloved by its people.

Tragically, House Feniche's flame was snuffed during the Unification, when Amadeo was killed in battle, the royal family was massacred, and Benerio fell. In the years that followed, the Feniche family's influence has waned, and their fortune has been all but obliterated under vindictive Imperial taxes.

Nonetheless, the embers of a once-great name still burn, as does the dedication of another famous Feniche:

Amadeo's brother, Isoro.

An aging general who rose to prominence during the war, Isoro is known among Benerio's people as a skilled commander who fought valiantly to keep his homeland free. Nonetheless, his efforts fell short: a defeat that earned him the shameful nickname 'The Broken Blade', which he has carried ever since.

Yet against all odds, Isoro has clung to his honor, carefully speaking out against Imperial corruption while biding his time, amassing his forces, and laying the foundation for rebellion. Now those efforts have paid off, and the broken blade has drawn blood, with an explosive series of overnight victories that have taken the Empire by surprise.

After years of preparation, House Feniche is now poised to explode from the ashes... and unleash the fires of hell on its enemies.

---

That concludes today's story entry. With a better understanding of Balastar's lineage, we have more perspective of his motives and what drives him on his hellbent warpath, as well as a better outlook on the moving parts that are driving Artemesia's greater conflicts. What do you think of the setting of Lost Eidolons and its characters thus far?

Tigranes

Arcane
There's nothing along the lines of Biorhythms, but there are synergy 'joint attack' mechanics for units that fight positioned near/next to one another. That mechanic appears starting in episode 17 though, so won't be present in the earlier battles. Also, we noticed a few of y'all here picked up a Kickstarter package to help support our campaign. Wanted to say big thanks for helping signal boost the campaign.

CRPG Kickstarters have a good tradition of signal-boosting each other. You should consider reaching out to other developers and ask whether they might tweet / otherwise spread word about this - e.g. Legends of Eisenwald, Josh Sawyer, Brian Fargo, Sven Vincke. Might also be worth reaching out systematically to Fire Emblem communities like Serene's Forest, and yes, Youtubers as well. Everything we know from successful CRPG Kickstarters last 10 years is that you have to be doing this 24/7 for the entire month.

Backed it.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If you have any stretch goals, it's time to post them on your campaign page.

ODS Pat

Arcane
Developer
CRPG Kickstarters have a good tradition of signal-boosting each other. You should consider reaching out to other developers and ask whether they might tweet / otherwise spread word about this - e.g. Legends of Eisenwald, Josh Sawyer, Brian Fargo, Sven Vincke. Might also be worth reaching out systematically to Fire Emblem communities like Serene's Forest, and yes, Youtubers as well. Everything we know from successful CRPG Kickstarters last 10 years is that you have to be doing this 24/7 for the entire month.

Backed it.

We've been trying to network quite a bit with other developers in the space! But in the case of YouTubers, we felt like it'd be hard to keep them interested without offering a demo build. We're hoping we'll have a demo soon, but it won't be available in time by the end of the campaign.

If you have any stretch goals, it's time to post them on your campaign page.

I'm wondering if it's better to include them in the last few days of the project or to present them after reaching 100% funded.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom