Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Lost Eidolons - Fire Emblem-inspired turn-based tactical RPG by Koreans

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm wondering if it's better to include them in the last few days of the project or to present them after reaching 100% funded
Hell, do it at 95%.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Chapters:
00:00 - Host introductions.
00:26 - Kickstarter campaign progress!
01:12 - First look at cutscene development.
01:37 - Second type of cutscene.
02:12 - Animated 2D art cutscene.
03:10 - In-battle cutscene dialogue.
04:44 - New skill animations.
05:55 - Run and sprint animations.
06:58 - How many playable characters are there?
07:55 - Are playable units graded by strength?
08:23 - Provoke skill animation.
10:07 - Armor and clothing showcase.
11:05 - Face design showcase.
12:24 - Mini-map design.
13:35 - Town Hall Q&A Discord questions.
14:17 - Editing character physical features?
15:07 - Units interacting with each other?
17:19 - Stretch goals for the Kickstarter.
21:43 - Supporting Lost Eidolons after Kickstarter.
23:16 - Playable monsters?
24:25 - Photo mode?
25:19 - Content support after launch?
26:40 - Random encounters?
28:52 - Class or character-specific gear?
30:22 - Expanding the camp?
31:37 - More gameplay before Kickstarter ends?
32:44 - Famous mythological weapons?
34:05 - Playable demo when?
35:03 - Playing as companions in the camp.
35:41 - Durability system?
36:36 - Demo access to all, or...?
37:06 - Timesink activities?
38:36 - Playable races?
39:18 - Mini-games?
41:30 - Closing words.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/oceandrivestudio/lost-eidolons/posts/3186743

May Dev Update Recap Video!

d0967a64cda2cb92a20cb2feecd0c354_original.png

Greetings, tacticians!

For those of you who missed last week's dev update livestream for the month of May, we've edited a cut version of it onto YouTube, chaptered off for your viewing convenience! The Q&A section we recapped in a previous update, but this video also includes all the content we covered including:
  • Four types of cutscenes in Lost Eidolons (cinematic, static, 2D animated illustration, in-combat)
  • New skill animations
  • Camp walk/run/sprint animations
  • New armor/clothing designs
  • Face designs
As a reminder, you can always have your question featured in our town hall updates by asking them in the #town_hall channel on our Discord server. We welcome all questions about the project and studio, so don't be shy!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/oceandrivestudio/lost-eidolons/posts/3189850

Story: Benerio Province

5063b3d22b0033516f4f923a97664892_original.png

Greetings, tacticians.

Earlier this week we covered the famed general Isoro and his role in the brewing rebellion against the Ludivictan Empire. Today, we wanted to shed some light on the homeland of many important characters in Lost Eidolons. It should serve as a vital piece of information to provide context on how many of them ended up where they are in present day.

---

To understand what makes a hero, it can be helpful to take a step back and explore the world they live in. From Eden and his mercenary pals to Isoro and the rebels, the heroes of Lost Eidolons come from varied walks of life, but most have one thing in common: their homeland, Benerio.

Located on the southern coast of Artemesia, Benerio is a sun-drenched domain of bustling ports and sprawling castle towns. Prior to its conquest by the Empire, Benerio was an independent kingdom, ruled by the noble House Orsio, who were in turn protected by House Feniche. During this time, Benerio prospered as the trade capital of Artemesia, with a flourishing economy, a rich artistic culture, and a high standard of living for its common people.

However, since the Imperial Unification, fortunes in Benerio have withered. With the Orsios annihilated and House Feniche weakened, what’s left is a deeply troubled land, toward which the Empire takes a position of callous neglect. Trade is weak, taxes are high, and the roads are plagued by monsters.

But by far the most prevalent issue is corruption. While other provinces are allowed to maintain at least a semblance of independence through the humiliating fealty of their former royal families, Benerio’s royal family was obliterated without a trace. For this reason, day-to-day affairs are largely governed by puppet nobility selected from the major cities. As in all provinces, Benerio's leaders are closely monitored by the ranks of the Imperial Inquisitors.

Despite this harsh treatment, Benerio has been relatively free of the sort of organized uprisings occasionally known to occur in other provinces, likely because it has had few unifying figures capable of rallying the common people. However, with the reemergent House Feniche now calling for open rebellion, this quiet seaside kingdom has become a dangerous powderkeg, awaiting a spark.

95d55641b6b73108e660d2682748b728_original.jpg

---

That concludes today's story entry. This was the second to final installation of the story features designed to give you, the reader, insight onto the characters of Lost Eidolons, the settings, and the greater conflicts that intertwine their fates. Next Tuesday will be our last feature story, which will go over the enemy which binds our heroes together; Ludivictus of House Zerpial.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
won't back but will be watching this game. kinda tired of kickstarter at this point with maybe very few exceptions like codex's members promising campaign like monomyth

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/oceandrivestudio/lost-eidolons/posts/3189902

The home stretch! Final Kickstarter week!

eab9b88cdf9462369c25a4f70eb003cd_original.png

Greetings, tacticians!

The final week is upon us. With just 4 days to go, our campaign is currently funded 92% by 806 backers! Thanks to our growing community's support, we're now on the cusp of reaching our campaign goal in its entirety. But you know, this campaign was never about raising funds, but rather was about creating a steady foundation of passionate gamers that wanted to help develop a new and exciting turn-based strategy RPG alongside us. What we mean by this is, even had the campaign not succeeded, Lost Eidolons would have been created regardless. However, thanks to the Kickstarter campaign and everyone's support, we can immortalize early supporters within the game, as well as get to fund awesome stretch goal features that weren't part of the base game.

To that end, we should go over the stretch goals, as we've made some adjustments to them.

b2f4d445f7763feeafcdfcb48dea108c_original.png

• $45,000 - Primary funding goal. Unlocks togglable Permadeath feature at Early Access.
  • $50,000 - First stretch goal. Unlocks Hell Mode difficulty at Full Launch, providing the ultimate challenge for strategy enthusiasts. Greater risks and new takes on the existing encounters. The Hell Mode will be involving new passive/active skills and improvements in AI not only increasing the stats of the enemies you encounter!
  • $60,000 - Second stretch goal. Inspired by a similar feature seen in games such as Kingdom Hearts, Hades, and Dragon Quest, this unlocks the Debug Menu post-launch, giving players greater degrees of customizing their playthrough the way you want it. You tailor game parameters to create your own unique experience through Lost Eidolons.
For those who had seen our previous Stretch Goals graphic before the campaign had launched, we've re-evaluated the milestone amounts to be more reasonable to achieve with what time we have left in the campaign. Let's spread the word about Lost Eidolons and reach for the skies!

ed990c3da4eea0c0828afc53eefcb627_original.png

Next, we've also made adjustments to our Social Goal milestones. Most notably, we've removed the Facebook Shares goal and added Steam Wishlists, and reduced the milestone goals of each section considerably. In turn, we've increased the goal requirement slightly for the early community rewards, and removed the previous 10 Goal reward which was Q&A with Creative Director Jin Sang, which we've turned into a regular recurring monthly livestream anyways! A reminder that Social Goal milestones will persist even after the Kickstarter campaign has ended. A few of these goals have already been achieved (100 Retweets, 1000 Steam Wishlists)!

43874812ce1a89122384869fb837ac51_original.jpg

We'd also like to remind folks that this is the last chance to pick up a discounted Collector's Edition of Lost Eidolons! The bundle contains multiple physical memorabilia of our first major project including Vinyl soundtrack(2LP), collector's art book, artisan box, an additional digital code for Lost Eidolons, and game case. After the campaign is over, limited sets of the Collector's Edition will still be available, however we will no longer be covering the cost of shipping with the purchase of these.

---

This has been a wonderful learning experience for the team at Ocean Drive Studio, whom despite having collectively worked decades within the game industry, had never tried their hand at running a Kickstarter campaign before. We're humbled that a new start-up with little to no repute prior to this managed to drum up the support of so many of you to nearly fund $45,000 towards our ambitions.

Let's make Lost Eidolons a memorable game in the genre!
---

Finally, we'd like to take a moment to shout out our friends at Midnight Tower. This is a little different from our usual shoutout, as the folks over there are creating The Prophecy of Nine Omens Trilogy, a book (available in softcover, hardcover, or digital) with up to 160 pages spanning three classical fantasy RPG adventures for the fifth edition of D&D, suitable for characters between 1-20, but aimed at those level 10-12. Ocean Drive Studio is filled with tabletop RPG enthusiasts, and D&D is no exception to this.

Midnight Tower has already smashed their Kickstarter goal by 1,000% with about a week and a half to go in their campaign. Do check them out!

bc956693e6240c82d0df52aa46a42172_original.jpg

The Prophecy of Nine Omens has foretold that three legendary orbstones will cause death and destruction throughout Eastern Farraway.

The orbstones must be destroyed to avert the prophecy and stop the cataclysm.

You have to cunningly steal the orbs from a heavily protected vault and transport them across the sea to the secret location of the sunken city of Sirenholm. Only there, in the heart of the underwater Temple of Tanaaris, can the orbstones be obliterated.

Gather your companions. Bring your swords. Choose your spells wisely.

Are you ready to save Eastern Farraway?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/oceandrivestudio/lost-eidolons/posts/3192161

Composer's Log #1: Inside the Mind of Clark Aboud

5885de31e862fa47f9b8ca54899a583c_original.png

Clark Aboud is a renowned composer and producer in the video game space and the brilliant mind orchestrating the original soundtrack for Lost Eidolons. His unique and varied style has been seen blending ominous orchestral colours with unique synths in the hit indie game Slay the Spire, in the mix of sampling, lo-fi synths & beats for the BAFTA winning Kind Words (lo fi chill beats to write to), and bringing lyrical strings and woodwinds to the flowing score of Make Sail. While it's still a little too soon for him to share some of the music that he's been working on, he wanted to share a few words about his creative process.

---

"For me, one of the most exciting things about composing is writing themes. Melodies that can join the characters on the ups and downs of their journeys. Lost Eidolons is full of those characters and journeys, opportunities to take humble themes to heroic heights for victories in battle, or to twist them into something darker as the story develops."

"That story needs a soundscape that can both paint the bigger picture of the world of Artemesia and focus in on individual narratives. To capture this, the soundtrack will be recorded with a 40-piece string ensemble, alongside unique instruments like woodwinds, early era strings, and percussion to build out the world with grit and texture."

"And to support the action of the gameplay, Lost Eidolons will take advantage of dynamic music, to shape the score within the game. Dynamic music allows the soundtrack to adapt as the battle shifts and turns, whether growing in intensity for heroes’ attacks or introducing more ominous tones for the enemy turn."

"I’m psyched to continue composing the soundtrack, writing, recording and working with the stellar team at Ocean Drive Studios, and am looking forward to everyone playing and listening when Lost Eidolons releases."

- Clark

---

We'll be sharing some of the tracks with everyone as they're completed so that community members can get an idea of the kind of soundtrack Lost Eidolons will feature (especially those who picked up a physical Collector's Edition, which will house the entire OST on 2 LP vinyl records). We're excited to see how Clark can command a live orchestra to help bring the game to life!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/oceandrivestudio/lost-eidolons/posts/3193408

Story: The Empire

5063b3d22b0033516f4f923a97664892_original.png

Greetings, tacticians.

Last week we covered the great general Isoro and the coastal province of Benerio. Today, we're sharing the last story feature, and the one that ties all of our heroes together. We're going over the backstory of the ruling empire, headed by mighty conqueror Emperor Ludivictus.

---

A generation ago, Artemesia was a land of seven neighboring kingdoms, which coexisted in relative stability. Now it's the Ludivictan Empire: an oppressive and tumultuous landscape of seven provinces teetering on the brink of all-out civil war.

And the man responsible for it all? Emperor Ludivictus of House Zerpial.

Prior to the Imperial Unification, House Zerpial was the humble royal family of the Kingdom of Liviyu, a remote nation that largely kept to its own affairs. Then Ludivictus was born, and everything changed.

Ambitious by nature and driven by authoritarian philosophies, Ludivictus became convinced of the need for a unified continent, with himself as its leader. In a matter of years, the cunning young lord had sold his family's modest holdings to cobble together an army of bandits, pirates, and other unsavory characters. Before anyone knew what was happening, the world had been turned upside down, and Ludivictus was crowning himself Emperor.

Instrumental to this campaign of conquest was Ludivictus's right hand: Kaspar the Viper.

A senior general in the Imperial Army, Kaspar is an infamously skillful warrior and leader, considered the Emperor's secret weapon. Respected by his men and feared by his enemies, Kaspar leads from the front. He is known as 'The Viper' for his tendency to strike only after careful consideration, but always with flawless precision and deadly effect.

Though he wears the trappings of aristocracy like old money, he in fact began life as a commoner. As a result, rebel sentiment toward Kaspar is divided. Some view him as just another Imperial serpent. Others believe him to be a noble man who sincerely believed in Ludivictus's mission, now caught on the wrong side of history.

In any case, today House Zerpial reigns supreme, issuing an endless stream of oppressive edicts from the capital city of Leroyaure. Kaspar continues to serve as the Emperor's sword, commanding the might of the Imperial Army in battle, and stamping out dissent wherever it arises.

7ae4e53d74f9cacdc325edb9e456d265_original.jpg

But as Ludivictus's absence from the public eye grows increasingly prolonged, whispers and speculation have begun to abound... and the ever-present embers of uprising now threaten to become a wildfire.

---

Thus, ends the last story entry in this mini-series. This was put together by our writing team to provide additional context to the people, events, and places in Lost Eidolons, without spoiling any of the game's story. From the onset of Eden's campaign in the game, you will encounter new faces, discover new secrets, and ultimately uncover his fate in the grand ordeal that he and his allies are dragged into. What did you think of the bits of game lore? Let us know in the comments and in our community channels!

ODS Pat

Arcane
Developer
Hey folks. Earlier today, our campaign hit the 100% funded goal of $45,000 towards development of additional features. I wanted to take a moment to personally thank y'all here at RPG Codex. Kickstarter's dashboard lets us see where the traffic is coming from to our project and more than a handful of the backers directly came from these forums.

Thank you guys for your support, for spreading the word to your friends or family, and for giving us advice and feedback along the way. There's still a long road ahead to making this game a solid one in the genre, but we're confident that with people like you guys being part of it that we can make something great. Cheers!

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Hey folks. Earlier today, our campaign hit the 100% funded goal of $45,000 towards development of additional features. I wanted to take a moment to personally thank y'all here at RPG Codex. Kickstarter's dashboard lets us see where the traffic is coming from to our project and more than a handful of the backers directly came from these forums.

Thank you guys for your support, for spreading the word to your friends or family, and for giving us advice and feedback along the way. There's still a long road ahead to making this game a solid one in the genre, but we're confident that with people like you guys being part of it that we can make something great. Cheers!
Here's to a strong last two days!

santino27

Arcane
Patron
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/oceandrivestudio/lost-eidolons/posts/3194282

We did it. 100% funded, and beyond!

eab9b88cdf9462369c25a4f70eb003cd_original.png

Holy smokes.

We made it! Thanks to the generosity of over 900 of you that had faith in a brand new studio with no prior repute, we managed to drum up over $45,000 to realize awesome new features for Lost Eidolons. We were already excited to bring Lost Eidolons to fans of the genre, but now we can allocate the needed resources to make Permadeath happen for the Early Access, and there's still time to reach the first stretch goal to gain the funds to develop the Hell mode difficulty.

By far though, the best part of this campaign was to gain so many supporters that know about our game and our studio. We always had the funds to make the base game, but it was nerving, uncertain, and outright distressing at times knowing that for many of us, we were starting from zero by forming Ocean Drive Studio. It's something that every new studio has to go through. Now not only do we have funds to make a few bonus features, but we have a community of backers and enthusiasts who want to see us succeed in creating amazing game experiences.

We want to become more. We want to become a studio that people can recognize for their games, so we're going to put our sweat and soul into making each game as great as it can be, starting with what we're hoping to be our flagship title that you're all supporting today, Lost Eidolons.

There are about 40 hours left in the campaign. If there was anyone who might've been on the fence about supporting our project, now's the time to let them know,

"These guys funded their campaign, and there's some cool stuff that we can still work towards".
a103b1290d8d049205ef007aa856e334_original.png

We're beyond grateful for what you've all supported us with so far. No matter if you invested in us by backing a tier, or so much as sent a Tweet about us, or told your friend over Discord about our project. Everything meant the world to a humbled studio that just wanted to get out there.

The team at Ocean Drive Studio is looking forward to developing Lost Eidolons with your support, feedback, and involvement in the project. Make sure to join our Discord to join in on the conversations with each update!

Last edited by a moderator:

santino27

Arcane
Patron
Live streams for the end of the campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/oceandrivestudio/lost-eidolons/posts/3194344

Upcoming livestreams! Gameplay showcase & end of campaign!

0c1b83f9ea2f422dfeca554dac441ec3_original.png

Greetings, tacticians!

Another merry congratulations on reaching 100% funded, and even approaching the first stretch goal at $50,000! Per popular request our dev team has whipped up some unedited gameplay footage for us to share! We'll be holding a livestream to showcase this footage while Creative Director Jin Sang provides live commentary of it.

We'll also be live during the final 50 minutes of the Kickstarter campaign to hold Town Hall this week and celebrate the success of the campaign! We'll even be joined by Ocean Drive Studio CEO Jae Kim for the finale and have him share a few words to our community.

Check out the details below for both livestream times!
Livestream #1: Gameplay Commentary Livestream
What: An unedited look at gameplay of Lost Eidolons including combat and outgame with live commentary by Creative Director Jin Sang!

When:

• 6:00 PM PDT, Thursday May 20 (US West)
  • 9:00 PM EDT, Thursday May 20 (US East)
  • 2:00 AM BST, Friday May 21 (London)
  • 10:00 AM KST, Friday May 21 (Korea)
Livestream #2: Campaign Ending Celebration
What: A countdown to the end of the Kickstarter campaign as well as our weekly Town Hall to answer questions about the game and studio! Featuring ODS CEO Jae Kim as a special guest near the end!

When:

• 5:00 AM PDT, Friday May 21 (US West)
  • 8:00 AM EDT, Friday May 21 (US East)
  • 1:00 PM BST, Friday May 21 (London)
  • 9:00 PM KST, Friday May 21 (Korea)

Last edited by a moderator:

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

It was by the skin of your teeth, but I had no doubt you guys were gonna make it. I wish you the best of luck.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/oceandrivestudio/lost-eidolons/posts/3196136

And that's that! The campaign was a GREAT SUCCESS!

5563ec0857d1161aeb7c6c9151435096_original.png

Greetings, tacticians!

We're proud to announce that as of 5:50 AM Pacific time, the Lost Eidolons Kickstarter campaign was successfully funded to 115% (what a nice round number), having raised $51,989 of the original $45,000 goal! The efforts of our community in supporting the campaign—whether you backed a tier, told your co-worker at the water machine (while social distancing), or let your cat know—allowed us to successfully meet our goal while also successfully meeting the 1st stretch goal as well.

This is, with absolute certainty, nothing short of a great success!
To celebrate the end of the campaign, ODS Community Manager Pat, Creative Director Jin Sang, and Founder Jae Kim got together to answer some questions and hang out with the community in the closing moments. You can check out the VOD below!

So, what comes next?
Bonus game features are now selected for development!

First, we're happy to confirm that due to the success of the Kickstarter, we'll be developing the Permadeath togglable option to be available by Early Access come October this year, as well as the enhanced Hell mode scenario difficulty by full launch in early 2022. As we have additional details and update progress on this, we'll share it in regular updates.

Fulfillment survey will be coming soon, and your friends can still pick up a copy of the game (+beta access privilige) early!

Next, regarding fulfillment, our studio will be working with the well-known BackerKit. All backers should expect to see a survey in a few weeks (maybe two or three from now) with questions needed to handle fulfillment, such as what platform you want your copy of the game to be on. If you pledged a tier and didn't get to pick up a physical Collector's Edition and still want to, please wait for a separate survey which will let you pick up the original discounted version of it per order request.

We'll shoot out reminders everywhere once we've done this!

Through BackerKit, we're also able to continue allowing people who missed the campaign to pick up an early copy of Lost Eidolons, or a physical Collector's Edition. This will only be available for then next 32 days, ending on June 22nd. On BackerKit for those who missed the Kickstarter campaign, early bird specials are not available, and the physical Collector's Edition is at full price now(69.99 usd + shipping) for anyone who didn't back the project initially. But you still can get the beta access and also the digital deluxe for the special Kickstarter pricing!

You can find us on BackerKit here: http://bit.ly/LEBackerkit

Keep spreading the word to your friends if they missed the Kickstarter campaign!

We will continue to provide Kickstarter updates on the development progress!
During the Kickstarter campaign, we sent out updates nearly daily. As much as we'd like to be able to do that, it's a bit excessive, and it'd probably eventually get filtered as spam in your inbox. So, update posts will slow down a bit, first once or twice per week and later on down to a few times per month. There are a few programs that will be consistent from now until further notice.

• Town Hall: Will be scheduled for every Friday, where we curate new questions and feedback that our community has about the game or the studio. On any given week where there aren't a lot of questions, they'll roll over to the next week until there are enough! You can submit questions and join in on the discussions on our Discord server!

• Monthly Milestone Livestream: Every month, we'll have a key livestream showcasing all the new things that our team is working on and accomplished. We'll be looking for your feedback on them so that we can adjust along the way. For example, in the most recent gameplay showcase, one of our community members noticed the animation for the firing of a bow from an archer unit was unrealistic and had too much excessive motion, which we plan to adjust!
We may share additional updates of miscellaneous things along the way, such as if there's fan art we can share or other fun things!

Where are we along the development stage? What's next?

We'll be sharing more information on the upcoming roadmap for Lost Eidolons soon! Stay tuned!

---

Overall, while we're elated at Ocean Drive Studio, for today's a day of celebration for a successful campaign, there is little time to rest. We have a game to make, and great expectations from our community to meet. We're aiming to get this game in yours hands in a reasonable timeframe, so you better bet we're going to put our heart and soul every day into realizing our passion project.

Thank you to all the backers and supporters, no matter how grand or how little the gesture, your encouragement has given us a tremendous morale boost.

---

382b775840274dcb15aaf539cd654b9b_original.png

Lastly, in the spirit of Kickstarter, we want to take a moment to shoutout another project. Our friends at Crytivo Games recently launched their campaign for Farlanders, a turn-based strategy game that will challenge you to successfully colonize and thrive on the hostile landscape of Mars. Use specialized tools to terraform the planet, build residential areas for your colonizers, and construct resource-producing factories in an effort to become a self-sustaining society. Be wary of making your colonists unhappy as their satisfaction is of the utmost importance! Failure to keep the masses happy may result in devastating consequences.

Check out their Kickstarter campaign here!

Game looks good, aesthetically and feature wise. Glad you got it funded. Congratulations. This will be on my radar.

PS: Please make it Linux compatible. There's not reason not to use Vulkan.

Tigranes

Arcane
Good to see it made the goal. Hope that's going to be enough to make what they need to make.

we're happy to confirm that due to the success of the Kickstarter, we'll be developing the Permadeath togglable option

This is probably the most Codexian stretch goal ever

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Demo in June, beta in August: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/oceandrivestudio/lost-eidolons/posts/3196251

Status of Game Dev #1

d0967a64cda2cb92a20cb2feecd0c354_original.png

Greetings, backers and future tacticians!

Since we have successfully completed the Kickstarter campaign (again, thanks to all of you!), we would like to provide important game development updates as frequently as possible! Today, as the first "Status of Game Dev" we intend to share future plans up until the Early Access launch of the Lost Eidolons.

What we are currently working on:
b892fab514e25a6fd9840e7785b66ab9_original.png

#1. Demo Build

As we're previously mentioned, the team is working hard to get a demo build for the community. The demo build will include the following contents:

• Episode 7 Combat
  • Camp Actions (outgame) between Episodes 7 and 8
  • Episode 8 Combat
We are trying to include most of the outgame features, but some of the features won't be complete for the demo build. We'll share more details about the demo build within a few weeks!

2853b4b3e66f5009cf2c89128bb80a6b_original.jpg

#2. Story Development

Currently, the writing team is finalizing the script for Episodes 9 and 10. Meanwhile, the localization team in the states have been busy building a Lost Eidolons Codex to provide highly detailed background stories of every character and house.

As you have read through our story features in the Kickstarter updates and the blog, we are putting a lot of effort into creating a proper world backdrop that Lost Eidolons takes place in, filled with many nuanced stories and details to help flesh out the setting. Story development will be ongoing non-stop until we have the complete game!

#3. Steam Integration

The team has been also putting in a lot of effort into implementing the Steam platform. The demo will be provided via Steam and we're nearly finished with Steam implementation.

#4. The Original Soundtrack & Sound Effects

Shared in Composer's Log #1, we mentioned how Clark has been working on the orchestrated soundtrack! Clark has already completed mock-ups for the camp and combat tracks, and we're discussing how we can leverage dynamic music cut-ins during the close-up actions.

Also, we've started to work on the sound effects. As we make progress with the soundtrack and sound effects, we'll share them with the community so that we can get your input on it!

For those who attended any of our recent livestreams, you might've heard a sneak peak of some of the mock-up tracks already!

#5. Feedback Process in Discussion

We're working internally to set up a process to efficiently keep track of all the feedback coming from various different community channels. As our goal is to work on the game with the community, and being transparent with our decision on the game, we will get this established soon so that we can keep organized and on top of everyone's comments!

f0589e6c8971c6b20627dda5b31f83a1_original.png

#6. Core Content Development

We won't be sharing these in detail in this post, as we will have a "monthly dev update stream" to showcase them. Pretty much, you can expect that every month we'll have a specialized livestream (that will of course be archived and uploaded) to show the newest developments we've made in the game!

Future Abridged Roadmap:
#1. Demo Coming Soon

Sometime in June, we will provide a demo build that will be available for everybody! Please stay tuned for more news.

#2. Closed Beta

In August, we're hoping to hold the first and the only beta we will be holding prior to Early Access. This will be a more feature-rich version of the demo. We still need to review the development progress to assess the timing, but the goal is to let the community try the game and provide us feedback for us to improve the build before Early Access! This build of the game is available to all Kickstarter backers who backed at $25 or higher. Those who didn't back will still be able to register to partake!

#3. Early Access

We are scheduling Early Access for October, but again this can be changed based on the development progress and the feedback from the closed beta phase!

We are pursuing the form of open development, and as such we hope to get a great deal of feedback from you - all of the backers - and other communities as well. Please join our Discord server to join the conversation!

And as a final note - please make sure to wishlist the game on Steam, and share news of it with any of your friends who loves similar types of turn-based RPGs! You can also subscribe to our YouTube, where we recently uploaded the one hour of gameplay commentary!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/oceandrivestudio/lost-eidolons/posts/3209259

Town Hall 3rd Edition (Recap)

6e595b053470ffa599d1c6791e3e9eb9_original.png

Greetings, tacticians.

This is a recap of the 3rd edition of our Town Hall series, where we answer questions directly from members of our community! This is an officially curated series of questions answered by Ocean Drive Studio’s Creative Director for Lost Eidolons, Jin Sang! This town hall occurred last month as a celebration livestream at the end of the Lost Eidolons Kickstarter campaign. In addition to that we’ve added questions that were asked up until now in our Discord. Check out this edition’s questions asked below.

❈ Town Hall | yomalovah: “I had a general question based on an observation I have made over the years of gaming. A lot of Asian developed games have Greek terms in them. I heavily noticed this in FF games etc, and now I see that you have a Greek word on your title. Care to share if there is a reason behind this or what was the thought process behind choosing the name of the game?”

• CD Jin Sang: “I guess it’s because most developers grew up playing Japanese games more than western games. I, myself, played lots of Japanese roleplaying games such as Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, etc. I don’t think devs intend to use or prefer using the Greek terms over others, but perhaps it simply may just be what they are used to from their playing habits or memories.”

❈ Town Hall | Severance Bane: “Do you guys plan to add more depth than what we currently know about? For example, runes or weapon sharpening, etc.”

• CD Jin Sang: “Currently, we do have some plans on adding more depth. Like you just mentioned, runes or weapon sharpening is already in the queue and I’d love to add those features, but I just can’t really say when I will be able to add them if at all. Also, I’ve mentioned that I’d like to add more depth by adding online features, but this isn’t planned for now, and we’re solely focused on the single-player experience until it’s perfect.”

❈ Town Hall | Remco: “By leveling up, units gain aptitude points in their different stats up to a max level of 50.” How will it be decided which stats will increase with a level up? Is that based on growth rates á la Fire Emblem, or is there another system?”

• CD Jin Sang: “Simply put, it would be randomly distributed until each stats are maxed out at max level for that particular unit. If one is to gain up to 100 strength at max level, it would be randomly gained along the way until it reaches 100 (no matter what happens, this character would always reach 100 strength, but in one playthrough they might gain it a different rate than another).”

❈ Town Hall | Alex14ac: “There’s a lot of people who have asked about romancing options in Lost Eidolons since it was a really popular feature in Fire Emblem and there seems to be some form of affinity-building in Lost Eidolons. Would the development team consider this?”

• CD Jin Sang: “I really loved that feature in the Fire Emblem series as well. However, I found that it isn’t as easy as I thought it would be. N to M relationship with all kind of dialogues is very complex and hard to come up with (respect to the FE team). So, what I’ve come up with is that we would come up with 1 to N, with N being really small. So Eden may have some relationship dialogues which will make his relationship deeper with some of the characters. It’s kind of like a simplified version of affinity, maybe more similar to something like Mass Effect in respect to how the relations focus on the main character.”

❈ Town Hall | Taffy Cub: “Will there be flying units?”

• CD Jin Sang: “Nope.”

❈ Town Hall | Dee: “Noticed one thing when it comes to animations, that doesn’t make much sense to me: archers pull their bow forward when releasing the string which would completely derail the arrow in real life. How realistic are you looking to be with animations in general? Or does the visual of the animation matter more than realism?”

• CD Jin Sang: “It’s always hard to make things realistic when you are given limited resources. I had to make choices where it is hard to implement or it would take up too much resources to make things look more real. But, well, our goal is trying to make as much sense as possible. But I’d like to go back and check that arrow thing, and resolve it…”

❈ Town Hall | Rob the Game Guy: “I noticed when the combat pans down to eye level during a critical hit for example that suddenly new combatants appear to be fighting all around, where there are far fewer combatants present in the top down view. This makes the zoomed in mode seem more thrilling but feels like it misconstrues the amount of fighting participants in the encounter. Have you heard this feedback before and what were your design considerations with implementing this feature?”

• CD Jin Sang: “This is the first time someone has commented on this feature. If you look at the combat map and individual units placed on it, you’ll notice that the characters are huge compared to the houses and others objects in the background. What it means is that characters aren’t the same size as the background. When the combat actually happens, it zooms in to show the actual size of the characters and soldiers who assumed to be following your characters. Design decisions were made so that we can show this isn’t just hero vs. hero action but rather army vs. army. We had a lot of options to choose from such as huge characters with small (ant size) soldiers on characters’ feet or total war like real army without any huge characters, etc, etc. I thought the way we implemented is one of the best way to show what we are trying to show.”

❈ Town Hall | Argonaut: “In the upcoming Demo will there be intermission / camp gameplay? I mean between the missions. And if yes what features?”

• CD Jin Sang: “In the upcoming demo will there outgame content between the episode 7 and 8 battles. We are trying to have some interactions with characters along with a few simple quests. There’s also the training system mini-game that you can try out.”

❈ Town Hall | Argonis: “The game will voiced in English right? Will there be any big name recognizable voices?”

• CD Jin Sang: “Yes, the game will be partial-voiced in English (not every single dialogue will have voice acting). But I am not sure about the big name recognizable voices yet. The demo won’t have voice acting in it yet.”

❈ Town Hall | Dee: “Do you plan on having special animations for critical hits? The shown gameplay so far only showed a bit of screen shake and the word “crit!” on the screen.”

• CD Jin Sang: “Time slows down during the whole animations as well additional screen shake and critical! effect on the screen. As for the special animations, we aren’t considering this since it would take too much assets. Instead, my original idea which hasn’t been put in yet is to add some screen effects such as the camera lens being broken (glass shattering effect?) and/or blood being splattered on the screen. We could also try cut-in animations with characters screaming but I’d rather add this for skills!”
❈ Town Hall | Dee: “How much playtime are you guys aiming for for Lost Eidolons?”

• CD Jin Sang: “I am aiming for minimum of 30 minutes to a maximum of 1 hour for each episode in an average playthrough. We are going to have 27 episodes and that would be 13.5 hours minimum to 27 hours maximum just for the episode alone. There would also be be some extra battles for level grinding and sub-stories. With these in mind, I’m aiming for 30-40 hours on average of a full playthrough.”

❈ Twitch Chat | StartgameSocial: “With that said, about the investors- I have to ask. Since this is all extra income from KS, will the stretch goals still be implemented?”

• CM Pat: “In respect to the funding, Permadeath was succesfully funded, so we’ll try to have that ready by Early Access. Hell Mode was also successfully funded, and we’ll try to have that done by Full Launch, and not a post-update.”

❈ Twitch Chat | Dangercreed: “The game seems pretty done, what kinda stuff is even left to do?”

• CD Jin Sang: “The battle itself may look done, but a lot of polish is still needed. We’re also working on cutscenes where all the stories are told, and that’s already a lot of work.”
  • CM Pat: “There’s definitely still a ton to do. Fonts, music, polishing, voice acting, all of the scenarios (you guys have only seen episode 7 and 8, and not even the outgame portion of it).”

❈ Twitch Chat | midkemianavenger: “So progress towards the last listed stretch goal from it?”

• CD Jin Sang: “We’re going to work on the Permadeath togglable option and Hell Mode (extra hard difficulty) on top of our existing priorities. Additional features beyond that may or may not be implemented depending on the situation, workload, and timeline.”

Have a burning question that you definitely want answered at the next Town Hall? You can have your question featured at the next Town Hall by asking it in the #town_hall text channel on our Discord!

You can also wishlist Lost Eidolons on Steam now!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/oceandrivestudio/lost-eidolons/posts/3215562

June Milestone Livestream

0c1b83f9ea2f422dfeca554dac441ec3_original.png

Greetings, tacticians!

It's about that time again where Community Manager Pat & Creative Director Jin Sang meet with community members to showcase all of the new developments our team has made towards the creation of Lost Eidolons.

This month, we're showcasing some new area renders, new skill effects, UI/UX improvements, and more! Join us on Twitch.tv at 7:00 PM PT today (7 hours from this post)!

Ocean Drive Studio Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/oceandrivestudio

If anyone has any questions that they want answered during the Q&A section, please feel free to ask it in the comments!

And as always, we'll be providing a local recording afterwards on our YouTube channel!

New trailer on June 15th: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/oceandrivestudio/lost-eidolons/posts/3213526

Lost Eidolons at the GameSpot 'Play For All' Showcase!

06f8f1575ac07053df552adabf64c756_original.jpg

Greetings tacticians,

Our team's excited to announce that Lost Eidolons will be present at this year's GameSpot Play For All Showcase, a virtual event presenting new and exciting games! This showcase highlights new games that are charting the path for a brighter, more inclusive video game future. It will feature more than 20 games that have been hand-selected by GameSpot's curators, Lost Eidolons being among them.

Tune in to catch a brand new trailer for the game including footage of gameplay and developments that we haven't yet shared, as news on the upcoming early playable demo on Steam!

The event will take place on Tuesday, June 15, at 3:35 PM PT / 6:35 PM ET (time subject to change).

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/oceandrivestudio/lost-eidolons/posts/3219152

Town Hall 4th Edition (Recap)

6e595b053470ffa599d1c6791e3e9eb9_original.png

Greetings, tacticians.

This is a recap of the 4th edition of our Town Hall series, where we answer questions directly from members of our community! This is an officially curated series of questions answered by Ocean Drive Studio’s Creative Director for Lost Eidolons, Jin Sang! This town hall occurred last month as a celebration livestream at the end of the Lost Eidolons Kickstarter campaign. Check out this edition’s questions asked below.

❈ Twitch | Dangercreed: “Do spells ramp up? Like fire to Elfire or mega fire type stuff?"

• CD Jin Sang: “You have a basic fire skill and then a stronger fire skill, and then the final fire spell in the branch wouldn't be as strong as the second one but rather cover an area.”

❈ Twitch | StartgameSocial: “Can you customize stats on armor, as well? Such as upgrading stats or socketing?

• CD Jin Sang: “Stats on items won't be random; any specific item will always have a specific set of stats. For now, we aren't creating a jewel socketing system, but we have designs for a similar system perhaps for a future campaign or section of the game.”
❈ Twitch | StartgameSocial: “Will there be certain troops counter others? Such as axe being more effective against spears, ect.?

• CD Jin Sang: “Not quite like Fire Emblem, which is mainly based on weapons, but there will be an advantage/disadvantage flow between types of weapons and armor. For example, an axe might be good against plate armor, or a sword against cloth.”

❈ Twitch | thegreatskeletor: “What will you be able to equip? Like just a weapon and armor, or will we also be able to equip shields, accessories, etc.?”

• CM Pat: “There's weapon, there's sub-weapon, there's armor, there's accessory I believe... there's mount. Actually not sure if there's accessory, but there's consumable. I believe there's shield too right?”
  • CD Jin Sang: “Yeah you can do one-hand and shield. And there'll be a class where you can wear two swords.”
  • CM Pat: “What about two shields?”
  • CD Jin Sang: “Uh, no.”
  • CM Pat: “Got my hopes up, thought I could play it like a door man in Dark Souls.”

❈ Twitch | Dangercreed: "how advanced is the AI? ie. AI focusing weaker units or more advantages fights maybe combo's just like the player?”

• CD Jin Sang: “The AI focuses on weaker units in which they can get more damage in.”
  • CM Pat: “It seems like they focus on killing blows too. I lost a unit in my playthrough that I carelessly placed.”

❈ Twitch | TobenRacicot: “I wanted to ask, are most map objectives to clear all enemy units or are there other win conditions beside rout?”

• CD Jin Sang: “There will be some escort mission, or missions that have a turn limit that require you to traverse to a specific part of the map within that limit. Or they will be a defending mission which requires you to survive to a certain number of turns.”

❈ Twitch | Argonaut: “will there be green units like AI friendly”

• CD Jin Sang: “There will be some.”
  • CM Pat: “In certain scenarios, huh.”

❈ Twitch | thegreatskeletor: “will there be "hopeless missions" in which you're meant to lose? and if so can you actually win those battles?”

• CD Jin Sang: “I can't really say it's exactly the same but... there will be something like that. Yo-”
  • CM Pat: “Without spoiling anything!”
❈ Twitch | thegreatskeletor: “what is your're favorite weapon types in a strategy game?”

• CM Pat: “I always like spears, but I always feel like people find them a little cheap since they often can attack from more than one tile away.”

❈ Twitch | Dee: “will allies have bonds with other units? will these bonds have buffs?”

• CM Pat: “It's done in a specific way where the bond that you have is between Eden the protagonist and his fellow allies. The bond is not developed between the allies themselves.”

❈ Twitch | icy_skizors: “Is there any planned ost tracks we will be able to listen to before the game releases?”

• CM Pat: “Yes there will be! Clark is working hard. The track you're hearing right now is a mock-up of one of the tracks. As we finish the tracks we'll share them with the community for feedback. The track you're hearing now is a mock of the camp music. ”

❈ Twitch | Dangercreed: “can you upgrade weapons?”

• CM Pat: “So can you upgrade a weapon from wood to iron, or iron to steel, or +1 or +2?”
  • CD Jin Sang: “Closest thing would be the gem socketing system we talked about previously.”
Have a burning question that you definitely want answered at the next Town Hall? You can have your question featured at the next Town Hall by asking it in the #town_hall text channel on our Discord!

You can also wishlist Lost Eidolons on Steam now!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/oceandrivestudio/lost-eidolons/posts/3220254

Lost Eidolons Demo Available Tomorrow!

7b240dd6ef200a5ddbac16c47e461ccb_original.jpg

Greetings, tacticians!

The team at Ocean Drive Studio is very excited to share that Lost Eidolons will be available to try out for everyone during the Steam Next Fest demo event starting tomorrow, June 16th at 10:00 AM PST!

It will be available to play until the following week, June 22nd at 10:00 AM PST.

This demo is our first available playable one that our team worked hard to get prepared for this event. We wanted an opportunity for our community and backers to get their hands on the game so they could have an idea of what to expect in the future!

You'll jump right into the fray with Eden and his comrades on their campaign to overtake key enemy strongholds. The demo features the combat portions of episodes 7 and 8 along with the camp outgame section.

You'll also be able to see a few of the cutscenes fully animated, however, note that voice acting has not yet been implemented in this build and the graphical fidelity is also not final. Saving is not yet available so during the course of the demo, a temporary button has been provided that allows you to skip sections of the game. If for example, you want to skip directly to the combat portion of episode 8, you will be able to do that for this demo. Additionally, while additional language options may be available, some text strings are incomplete and may still be in English.

Overall, this is an early look at the game and is not representative of the final build later on!

383570f511221fa170b6f535cbbfc318_original.png

Units will be provided to the player that the game team has thought would be appropriate for this stage of the game. At this time, only one standard difficulty is provided, which is the game's 'Challenging' difficulty.

Within the camp after each episode, you'll be able to complete a few small sidequests, check out a few shops, see the job advancement tree, train your units, and improve your relationship with a few of the camp's inhabitants. This is an early look at just some of the camp activities that can be done between each episodic battle.

We'll also be streaming on the first day on the Steam store page as well starting at 10:00 AM PST as opening up new sections in the community discussion boards for feedback and bug reports!

We hope to see you all try it out!

ODS Pat

Arcane
Developer
Hey guys! Been a hot minute since I stopped by. Thank you so much for keeping this thread updated.

Our first demo goes live tomorrow on Steam. It's a super early look at the game, and really a lot of polish will be needed. But we're hoping that it can at least show that we're making progress as fast as we can. We'll work hard to apply the spit-shine based on the feedback we get from it. You guys can post any feedback y'all have about the game here. I'll make sure to regularly read it. You can also ask me anything about it and as I see comments I'll respond.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom