Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Lost Planet 3

chestburster

Savant
Illiterate
Been playing the free version for a while now and genuinely surprised at the quality of the writing and the story!

It's 6AM here and I've stayed up the whole night playing this game because the dialogues and characters are so well written.

It genuinely captures that "oil rig/wild west/space colony blue collar" feel. The last time I saw something good in this vibe was in "Alien" the original movie, with the crew of Nostromos. Lost Planet 3 has great characters, funny dialogues (great humor, not the crass tasteless "humor" a la Borderlands) and an intriguing storyline. Everything about this game feels like a great sci-fi genre movie.

Oh and the graphics are so good. Some of the in-engine real time cutscenes are almost as detailed as Blizzard CG movies. I didn't know they could make UE3 look so pretty and detailed. Couple that with all around great facial animations and performance motion capture, I feel like I'm watching a proper sci-fi movie.

This is truly a story-fag's game. The most pleasant surprise of the year. If I was not so damn broke, I'd actually buy this game.

And you're killing alien bugs and fixing rigs so no "ludonarrative dissonance" here.

I'm 6 hours in and so far I'd put this game's writing in the same league as Max Payne, Half Life and Dead Space 1. Feels like a proper "interactive film".

(Gameplay is shit though. Didn't expect anything else. But at least they fixed the stupid controls of the previous Lost Planet games.)

Last edited:

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I shall 'acquire' it. I don't expect much, though. The first two games were total shitfests.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom