Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] 傳

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Right. If WQ is improved sufficiently, it should be able for Jing to learn all of this simply by observation, correct?

If so, I believe Jing's focus ought to stay on the WQ skill, though I also very much see the merit in tropic's choices. A solid defensive, coupled with the possibly best counters known. Badass...

Still.

A
    X
    XI

Also, I do not really believe that Jing is in any danger of losing himself to meditation. He's much too interested in the physical world, as exemplified in his reaction when he became the Lord of Fire. Remember old Wang's disembodied voice? He expressed amusement that Jing found the secrets of the universe boring to contemplate.

^ Top  
  2. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    The one eye won't make the skill any less useful. Zhang Jue makes do with just one, after all. And yeah, level up enough and you'll be able to pick up techniques on sight.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    A VI VII +PER and laser eyes? Hell yeah!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Akkudakku Arbiter

Akkudakku
    I dint want to mess with your mechanics and all but shouldnt higher WQ and INT grant us more learning points? :p

^ Top  
  5. ChumBucket Augur

ChumBucket
  6. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    For those heretics that wish to skip the Lion's Roar:

^ Top  
  7. Elfberserker Liturgist

Elfberserker
    A

VI. You learn the Xiongshi Violent Roar (雄狮暴吼, Manly Lion’s Violent Roar) from Zhang Jue, a qi-based technique that blows away the enemy with a loud roar. The strength of the move depends on the amount of neigong that you have.

VII. You attempt to pick up Zhang Jue’s Jinshe Baojun Fiery Eye (金蛇暴君火眼, Fiery Eye of the Serpent Tyrant), an advanced technique that enhances perception and allows the practitioner to project qi from his eyes to immobilize or damage his opponent.

I was pretty determited to vote for defensive stuff, but then glorious Zhang Jue happened.

Edit: Changed laser eyes for earth steps.

Edit: Fuck it. I can't resist the temptation of eye lasers

Last edited: May 27, 2014
    ^ Top  
  8. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    And I wanted my Yuchang tech, but... eye lasors!

A VI VII

^ Top  
  9. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    treave, do our Master and our brosephs know that we are the new Giant Flaming Faggot/Firelord yet?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Kz3r0 Arcane Sad Loser

Kz3r0
  11. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Zhang probably knows by now through fighting you and observing Armaiti. Shun is smart enough to have figured it out shortly after the Youxia City report came in.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  12. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    But we didn't do anything that would implicate us as such back in Youxia... did we?

Unless it was Yunzi's erratic behavior that gave it away.

^ Top  
  13. Ifeex Scholar

Ifeex
    x X XI.

If we get 2 more levels in WQS we will be able to get techs just by looking at them.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Which is why by the time we get them we'll be fighting an army of Celestials led by superpowered zhang manxing.

Meanwhile, it would be nice not to suck too much at the conference...

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  15. tropic Scholar

tropic
    I think I know that WQS is really the best choice, but I'm just getting tired of it.

Also, we need three more levels of it to learn high-level techniques instantly. Two levels will only give us the basic levels of a technique.

^ Top  
  16. Akkudakku Arbiter

Akkudakku
    Im ammending my vote to A, VI VII - we dont know how long Lord Zhang Jue will travel with us so we have to learn those nao

^ Top  
  17. Ganymede Learned

Ganymede
    Vote IV and VII for MAXIMUM LASER EYE SYNERGY.

^ Top  
  18. Kipeci Arcane

Kipeci
    A X XI

The other techniques are rad as all get-out but that's why we need to try advancing fast enough in the WQS to try to pick them up early. We have the advantage of having taken almost every opportunity to pick the stuff up.

^ Top  
  19. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    VI X

the roar is a unique technique and we need many of those to avoid just being a copycat.

^ Top  
  20. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Bros, you do realize that WQS at lvl 4 allows us to instantly memorize techniques from opponents with lower neigong, right? I get it, WQS is fuck-all awesome, but we gotta learn some actually new stuff so that we're not sucking without it. Besides that, Lord Zhang is a mercurial and independent spirit, no telling when we will next meet him. The Serpent Eye and Conquering Roar are very advanced and useful techniques.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  21. Akkudakku Arbiter

Akkudakku
    Lazor eyes are imperative for further success!

^ Top  
  22. Absinthe Arcane

Absinthe
    A

X, XI We should aim for Rank 4 asap so that we can instantly learn all the techniques in time for the Huashan summit. With our qi leeching we can cause all of our buddies to have lower neigong than us anyhow.

A few more questions, treave: Is Cao'er going to learn techniques from Xuezi now? Is Yifang going to learn the Jueshi Wugong Sword Song? Can we warn Shun about the risks of losing yourself in meditation, never to return, and advise him that it is best to practice it a lot in matches - not to improve your understanding of the skill, but to keep your understanding grounded in practical applications and reduce the risk of losing yourself? Can we teach Wuxiang Qiankun to Yunzi?

^ Top  
  23. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    This is still a long ways away:

It took us two meditation sessions on our own to advance to level 2, and while WQS provides some badass MYSTARY! boosts (which is probably what we're going to get, not progression to Level 3), we aren't going to memorize lower level internal energy any time soon. Level 4 also isn't going to get us any closer to memorizing Master Zhang's techniques, because he has a ridiculous amount of qi flowing through his body. And well, as Baltika9 said, we don't know when we're going to run into him next. You can't memorize his techniques if you never see the guy.

The Manly Lion's Violent Roar is also perfect for a situation like the Conference:

Given that we'll be fighting multiple people, this is just the sort of thing that could give Jing an edge.

treave, I noticed the description for Master Zhang's Fiery Eye of the Serpent Tyrant is different than the others:

This implies that we might fail to learn the technique. Maybe if we learn it with the Yiyang Finger...

Voting A VI VII for now

^ Top  
  24. Absinthe Arcane

Absinthe
    Esquilax, we've practiced Wuxiang Qiankun quite a bit since then. We learned a new application of synchronizing qi with Yunzi and we used it against Armaiti recently. If we focus our efforts on Wuxiang Qiankun we should make a lot of progress.

^ Top  
  25. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Maybe. Yes. You will, after learning about that drawback from Shaolin's records. You could, but she won't find it easy to learn.

Nah, you'll learn it, just that it's an advanced technique so you might not instantly get super laz0r eyes.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.