Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Absinthe

Arcane
C could actually be bad on that front. BJ will be pissed if we risk exposing our tenuous alliance.

By the way, treave, really, what are those moves Xuezi taught our crew?

Esquilax

Arcane
Excellent. The Sword Demon thinks that he's got the upper hand, but we still have Wuxiang Qiankun in reserve.

He shakes his head. “No. I can sense your master watching us from somewhere. I do not want to deal with him just yet. Farewell, Man Tiger Pig! I will be coming for you! Ahahahahahahahaha!” Laughing maniacally, he sheathes his crimson sword.
The masked man’s name is Jian Yixiao, dubbed the Sword Demon. He has engaged plenty of swordsmen in duels, leaving behind a trail of bodies in his wake. It looks like his aim is to eventually challenge the Sword Saint and replace him at the peak of the world of swords.

Jian Yixiao doesn't seem to be the direct combat type. He's a good swordsman, of course, but these statements strike me as contradictory; how does he intend to replace the Sword Saint as the greatest swordsman when he seems completely unwilling to deal with Zhang Jue, who is roughly the same caliber of pugilist? I guess the most likely answer is through surprise, ambush and trickery. I suspect that all of these threats are a ploy to draw us out.

As for C, we may have lots of enemies there, but we have friends from Wudang and the Castration Nun crew around too. And Miss Bai, of course. It'd be a good way to meet up with some of our friends, and, if the Chengying Sword's wielder is part of the Zhang Clan, we might find it revealed through Nie Wuxing. I don't see why we shouldn't let Yifang contact the nuns either. Might be good synergy with C, too.

Tentatively going with AA

Last edited:

Elfberserker

Liturgist
BA

We have good stealth skills and it would be good to see Miss Zhou again.
We can also get some intel from local, who is in dept to us and maybe finally get that reward whatever it will be.

I think getting touch with castration nuns is good idea. Trading information and both knowing what each other are going to do in
conference is good foundations to coordinating our moves in the upcoming event.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Excellent. The Sword Demon thinks that he's got the upper hand, but we still have Wuxiang Qiankun in reserve.

He shakes his head. “No. I can sense your master watching us from somewhere. I do not want to deal with him just yet. Farewell, Man Tiger Pig! I will be coming for you! Ahahahahahahahaha!” Laughing maniacally, he sheathes his crimson sword.
The masked man’s name is Jian Yixiao, dubbed the Sword Demon. He has engaged plenty of swordsmen in duels, leaving behind a trail of bodies in his wake. It looks like his aim is to eventually challenge the Sword Saint and replace him at the peak of the world of swords.

Jian Yixiao doesn't seem to be the direct combat type. He's a good swordsman, of course, but these statements strike me as contradictory; how does he intend to replace the Sword Saint as the greatest swordsman when he seems completely unwilling to deal with Zhang Jue, who is roughly the same caliber of pugilist? I guess the most likely answer is through surprise, ambush and trickery. I suspect that all of these threats are a ploy to draw us out.

As for C, we may have lots of enemies there, but we have friends from Wudang and the Castration Nun crew around too. And Miss Bai, of course. It'd be a good way to meet up with some of our friends, and, if the Chengying Sword's wielder is part of the Zhang Clan, we might find it revealed through Nie Wuxing. I don't see why we shouldn't let Yifang contact the nuns either. Might be good synergy with C, too.

Tentatively going with CA
The fucker wants to grab as many swords as he possibly can - to get enough votes to win the Master Sword - and this way he is hoping it will boost his ability enough to kill the Sword Saint.

Also BA, we will need allies.

Baltika9

Arcane
I love how our Master went full CREEED/Just as planned here. I would love to see what he had conned up for this conference. :lol:

BA for now, since Zixia still owes us but can be persuaded to anything. treave, can we repair or wodao now?

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Huh. Am I glad we didn't ally ourselves with yet another lunatic.

I am not exactly sure what our goal would be if we go tr... talk to the orthodox alliance. Trolling is always good, but I don't know if we have time for it anymore. At least, A and B pursue something concrete that might actually be helpful to us.

Plus, I always feel better if there is someone to work with, and I estimate our chances for cooperation with Miss Zhou in the middle of the night to be higher than that of with Miss Bai in broad daylight - especially if the choice does not mention her at all.

As for Yifang and Emei... I don't know if there is anything to talk about. I am a bit wary of letting anyone from our group go near Huashan and their ilk. Still, if the Emei have any grievances about us holding their sword - and I don't recall them complaining about it for two years now - it is best to settle them before the conference.

BA for now.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Flopping to CA, just realized that this:
“T-t-t-t-h-aaaa… thaaa..” stutters Su Cheng, staring at you wide-eyed.

“Taiji?” mutters his disciple, frowning. “Why would Man Tiger Pig…”

“L-Let’s retreat for now, Qi,” says Su Cheng, getting to his feet quickly. “It’s too risky to fight here. Emei’s sword and Wudang’s technique in the hands of Zhang Jue’s disciple… something is strange about this.”
Could be bad news for the Bro Sects, I'd we ley Su Cheng spin his narrative on it. I'd rather take this opportunity to screw with our opponents' minds and get them paranoid or at least take some suspicion off of the Bro Sects. Ean knows they will be giving Emei and Wudang grief about it.

And Su Cheng's reaction was golden. What a wuss. :lol:

Jester

Arbiter
BA - techs or cool swords. In case it lack both, moneYYY for reforging wudao. Our spare sword is cool, infused with power of manly deeds and friendship.
Flop CA if we dont need more money for wudao.
As for that demon forkman he dont look like stealthy type of person, more like we fight and i kill you after your inevitable defeat.
From sword users currently our friend is Sword saint or Yandi wonder if he was ready to get title. Masked fork can kill whatever he want, other than that.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'd rather take this opportunity to screw with our opponents' minds and get them paranoid or at least take some suspicion off of the Bro Sects. Ean knows they will be giving Emei and Wudang grief about it.
I don't know if that works that way. Who do you think Wudang and Emei will support if it comes to it, you of Wuxing? If they don't publically reject any ties they might have had with you - and you can't expect, say, Guo Fu to do that - then your presence there will essentially confirm Su Cheng's allegations.

It might make the rift between the orthodox sects deeper, or it might throw a wrench in the plan of our allies to boycott Nie Wuxing (a plan they want to keep secret for now, or at least, that's what I gathered), but I can't really call it 'taking the suspicion off'.

Last edited:
BA

What the fuck just happened?
Man, that orthodox guy is a total coward.
And the disciple is a non-entity.
And the Sword Demon is a dramatical moron.
We should've just sicced Master Zhang on these fags.
Kill them all, let Ahura Mazdra sort them out!

Seems clear that's where the Sword Demon is headed next, its the most vulnerable great sword.
Also, Miss Zhou owns us a favor.
And we really need to meet up further with our Emei sises.

Tribute

Arbiter
Well, this BAndwagon seems as good as any. We should take care of this guy as soon as possible (and maybe get Wudang their sword back), and we also need to improve our Emei rep. Yifang and Song Lingshu aren't obligated to stay with us or anything the way our wives/future wives/Amesha Spenta would be.

GreyViper

Prophet
CA come on guys we skipped "brown wedding", but how can we ignore "interesting and amusing to tr… talk to them for a bit, while you can." Its just begging to be done.:smug:

Akkudakku

Arbiter
CA come on guys we skipped "brown wedding", but how can we ignore "interesting and amusing to tr… talk to them for a bit, while you can." Its just begging to be done.:smug:
I'd agree if there wouldn't be a murdering psycho going around the town, hunting as many legendary sword bearers as he can. That's why B is important - we get a chance to save someone.

A might be even better option, but the fucker has good qingong and will just run away when cornered.

Esquilax

Arcane
I'd agree if there wouldn't be a murdering psycho going around the town, hunting as many legendary sword bearers as he can. That's why B is important - we get a chance to save someone.

The person who holds the Chengying Sword is probably involved in the murder of Scholarbro's family - definitely not someone worth saving. But that might be even more reason to get involved in B, especially if that person is part of the Zhang Clan or did the deed on their orders.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom