Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Akkudakku

Arbiter
I'd agree if there wouldn't be a murdering psycho going around the town, hunting as many legendary sword bearers as he can. That's why B is important - we get a chance to save someone.

The person who holds the Chengying Sword is probably involved in the murder of Scholarbro's family - definitely not someone worth saving. But that might be even more reason to get involved in B, especially if that person is part of the Zhang Clan or did the deed on their orders.
Well then - we kill ONE dickhead, and if the second one tries to come for this one then we kill him too. Efficiency!

Esquilax

Arcane
Well then - we kill ONE dickhead, and if the second one tries to come for this one then we kill him too. Efficiency!

The problem is, there are so many dickheads in this Conference that it's difficult to know where to begin. The only people we can trust are the Sword Saint and Lord Zhang. One thing I will say about Nie Wuxing is that he probably has studied from one of the legendary manuals, thanks to his Zhang Clan connections:

“The Eight Sects don’t look united under him at the moment, and Old Nie knows that. Rather than going to each wayward sect and making them properly submit, he just needs to showcase his strength at the Summit. It saves time and is arguably easier,” explains Qilin.

Yunzi looks at her with a slight expression of dissatisfaction. “Of course, he must be very confident in his skills if he thinks he will come out as the overall winner. That means Wudang, Shaolin and Emei are being cautious about letting it be decided with a simple tournament. You did not need to explain that, Miss Chi.”

It's strange that a man who was too much of a coward to fight Ahura even with the help of the greatest swordsman alive two years ago is now confident enough in his abilities to think that he can be the victor of the Huashan Summit. Some trolling might allow us to hit a nerve at the Conference and get Nie to show us those skills of his that I'm pretty sure he possesses.

We could also take the Demon's opera mask and go around harassing the other swordholders for epic trolling.
Blame Zhang Manlou.

This... is glorious. Flopped my original post to AA.

Esquilax

Arcane
Su Cheng suspects that the BRO sects are working with Xu Jing to undermine himself, Nie Wuxing and Liu Ye:

“L-Let’s retreat for now, Qi,” says Su Cheng, getting to his feet quickly. “It’s too risky to fight here. Emei’s sword and Wudang’s technique in the hands of Zhang Jue’s disciple… something is strange about this.”

Perhaps getting Yifang to contact the nuns might not be the best idea with this in mind. Just trying to put forth a counterargument to the bandwagon.

Absinthe

Arcane
I disagree. Emei will want to know what's up, and coordinating our movements with the bro sects has its advantages.

We have no intention of working with the Huashan alliance anyway. You might be worried about revealing our hand, but if we don't do this we might not even have a hand to play.

Baltika9

Arcane
Honestly, if we don't make too many moves to openly antagonize them at the moment, I don't think they'll even know that we got in contact with Emei. Yeah, it will look very bad on them if they catch them being all buddy-buddy with us, but considering that we have BJ somewhat on our side (depends on whether or not her pregnancy mood swings have kicked in yet), the Beggars here friendly to us and loyal to Qi Liuwu and no one really knowing our base of operations yet, I think we'll be good.

Just to be forward: my main goal in this is to get Shun the greatest of the Ten Swords back and make a public PR stunt out of it, so he can give us that royal amnesty for us and our Cult.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Our bad luck is going to kick in at the conference, since it hasn't really messed with us much before. It's meant to come in effect with great disasters, and we haven't suffered any of those yet. So. Predictions, all or some of these will happen:
  • Shun will be horribly maimed or killed at the culmination of the conference. Or he goes into a coma thanks to WQS.
  • Qilin and some of the other girls will be maimed or killed horribly
  • Zhang Manlou will be there to teach us another lesson in Orthodox morality
  • Zhang Jue will fight his last fight
  • BJ will turn out to be our sister. (We were separated from our birth parents very young, who is to say what became of them and their brood. BJ was an urchin before being taken in by Huashan)
  • Everyone laughs at us and we're exiled from the jianghu

kazgar

Arcane
Our bad luck is going to kick in at the conference, since it hasn't really messed with us much before. It's meant to come in effect with great disasters, and we haven't suffered any of those yet. So. Predictions, all or some of these will happen:
  • Shun will be horribly maimed or killed at the culmination of the conference. Or he goes into a coma thanks to WQS.
  • Qilin and some of the other girls will be maimed or killed horribly
  • Zhang Manlou will be there to teach us another lesson in Orthodox morality
  • Zhang Jue will fight his last fight
  • BJ will turn out to be our sister. (We were separated from our birth parents very young, who is to say what became of them and their brood. BJ was an urchin before being taken in by Huashan)
  • Everyone laughs at us and we're exiled from the jianghu

Pfft

• -1 SWORDS!!!

Esquilax

Arcane

I definitely think that our luck will play a role here:

As for the misfortune of your birth, the only thing they could determine was that the Taisha star shone upon you. You would bring about the downfall of the order of Heaven, sharing your misfortune with the entire country, but the scholars did not know enough to go into specifics. They said that they could be easily wrong about their readings; they were scholars after all, and not astrologers.

Lady Ji had appeared to you shortly before you left and recommended in her mysterious manner that you seek out the All-Seeing Astrologer, Hua Jin, if you desired to know your destiny. She does not know where he is now; according to her, it would be fate if you found him, and fate if you didn’t.

There are just too many loose ends going on here to make me think that fate isn't just waiting to pile on an avalanche of misfortune on us. We still don't really know the circumstances behind why Xu Jing was first brought to the Imperial Court to serve the Crown Prince, and there are a lot of unresolved questions about our past that we still have yet to answer. I'm also awaiting the Conference with a sense of dread, too.

Beware of any wacky fortune-tellers we may come across.

Absinthe

Arcane
About that... switching to NO PRAY.

As for the drought:
As you travel past fields and rivers, you notice constant building works occurring throughout the land. Apparently, the minor droughts that started during the previous Emperor’s time had only become worse, and the astrologers had no explanation for this phenomenon; surely it was unthinkable that the new Emperor – and by virtue of the way of succession, the entire dynasty – had already lost Heaven’s favour? Shun had not been idle, however, and with Xiahou Yu’s help he had quickly devised an irrigation and farming system that would alleviate the problems for the farmers throughout the country. According to the commoners that you conversed with along the way, the efforts of the past year were already bearing fruit. The people were optimistic that Shun’s rule would reverse the flagging fortunes of the empire thus far and bring them back into a golden age.

Lets not forget that a drought demon was used against Chi You before.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
BTW how many legendary swords are there? 10? So 10 votes then.
With B we hope to gain 1 more vote to our name. Not counting the Saints vote (and any others) that makes it a 3 way tie us-orthodontists-psycho.

With C I have no idea what we could gain, potentialy dangerous option for our pregnancy-alliance with Bai. I dont see any way to sway them to vote team Jing.

With A we are hoping to find the freak (might not work out) and kill him, gaining 2 additional votes. No idea if it will work out, but potentialy best gain option here, but risky.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Ahem. I may have missed something obvious, but where does the idea of the conference being a perfect democracy with swords instead of votes come from? I mean, in some cases it is understandable that one side or the other would have a backing of a certain sword wielder, and the swords serve as tickets to the conference, but why do people think they are anything more than that? The Sword Saint might support us over Wuxing, and if we manage to return Qixing Longyuan to Wudang, it is feasible that they would support us too. In these cases, the swords equal allies, or 'votes' (even though the conference is more likely to turn into a bloodbath than in a voting session).

But what would the Chixiao or Chengying swords do for us? Why is it that people think that the more swords we have, the stronger our position is? Well, the Sword Demon thinks so, but guess what, he is a lunatic. The swords aren't magical, they don't provide support just by having them in your backpack. Who do we give them to to make additional allies? Master Zhang? He does not need one to do as he pleases. Xiahou Yu? Maybe, but if things go south, he is just as likely to get killed, since he is anything but a swordsman. I guess it's going to be Yifang again. :lol:

What I mean to say is that not all of the Great Swords are equally of use to us. We might have some value out of pursuing the Qixing Longyuan sword or out of coming up with a solution for Qingfeng's and Lanhai's problem that would prevent them from giving support to the enemy camp, but that's probably it.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
As far as Jing understands it, the concept is for the wielders of the swords to choose a person who will get the Xuanyuan Sword and generally speak for them. It might not even need to be from amongst the current wielders, if they all agree on an outside candidate. Consensus is the main aim here. Having a sword gives you a voice in the conference. Having more swords doesn't make your voice louder except in the sense that you might be more able to beat down anyone who disagrees, and there would already be less sword holders disagreeing with you in the first place.

There's no telling if this understanding will remain valid once on the island, however.

ChumBucket

Augur
Heh. I just realized the Sword Demon is the personification of the Swords +1 argument. He must get ALL THE SWORDS to get the best bonus.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well, with the Sword Demon in play we can't crown the Sword Saint the master swordsman, but I guess he would not accept that responsibility in the first place, and he does not need another blade when his own serves him just right.

Wonder if we would be able to make a case for Master Zhang. :D

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Azira - AA
Esquilax - AA
Grimgravy - AA

Absinthe - BA
Elfberserker - BA
Akkudakku - BA
ChumBucket - BA
Nevill - BA
Kipeci - BA
Tigranes - BA
Fangshi - BA
The Brazilian Slaughter - BA
Tribute - BA
Lambchop19 - BA>CA
archaen - BA
Rex Feral - BA
kazgar - BA

Smashing Axe - CA
asxetos - CA
Baltika9 - CA
Kz3r0 - CA
Jester - CA
GreyViper - CA
root - CA
ERYFKRAD - CA

Final tally:

A - 3
B - 14
C - 8

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Wonder if we would be able to make a case for Master Zhang. :D

Zhang wouldn't be all that interested, and more liable to fight everyone in the room, but if Shun felt like throwing his weight around openly, he could just ask for Jing's sword (for courtesy's sake), walk in, introduce himself as the Emperor of All China and politely order their allegiance. They'd have no way to refuse a direct request like that from the Emperor, unless any of them are interested in declaring open rebellion against the throne.

Of course, he's not going to do anything to spoil Jing's fun like this until he scouts out the conference itself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom