Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] 傳

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Aug 29, 2013.

1. asxetos Augur

asxetos
    D1.
    Lets go to the sword summit with 4 of the 10 swords :)
    Plus, we need a replacement for the wodao.

^ Top  
  2. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    It won't exactly break the spirit of his restriction if you use Wuxiang Qiankun, since you'll still be using sword techniques you have, ah, 'learnt', if only temporarily. Zhang Jue isn't all about blind obedience after all, and he does appreciates a smart-ass who can back up his smart-assedness. But it's up to you whether you want to use it.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  3. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    The Fire Lord attacking Taishan along with the Fire Maiden. I wonder how it affects our promise to Shaolin.

I get the love for trollan, but now that we have accepted a responsibility and brokered an alliance, I think we need to be more careful of how we look like in the eyes of others.

^ Top  
  4. Elfberserker Liturgist

Elfberserker
    Apart from epic brawl E" will ensue, Miss Song and Yifang get bro points with Kunlun which might be important if Miss Song wants to get her sect back.

This is also good time to test our sword skills against many diffrent type of sword styles.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. profreshinal Arcane

profreshinal
    That masked man has another sheathed legendary sword.

3 swords are possible

Show Spoiler

Xuanyuan Sword
    A divine blade rumoured to be made of celestial copper by immortals during the Xia dynasty nearly 3000 years ago, it is rumoured that whosoever possesses this sword will gain Heaven's favour and rule the land. It is said to be able to split mountains and divide oceans with a single swing. No one knows the location of the sword, though it is rumoured to be buried somewhere deep in the mausoleum of the Yellow Emperor.

Chengying Sword
    A delicate sword with a light, flexible blade. Its maker is unknown, but the history of the sword dates back to the Shang Dynasty, more than two thousand years ago. In the hands of a skilled user, the blade appears almost invisible in action. It was rumoured to be in the possession of the Xiahou clan, a family of bureaucrats and scholars, but since the massacre of the clan the sword has gone missing.

Qixing Longyuan Sword
    An elegant blade made by Ou Yezi and Gan Jiang, and said to be their most beautiful work. Cooled in seven ponds that are laid out in a pattern resembling the Big Dipper, the Qixing Longyuan Sword is said to be so pristine that it cuts without staining its blade with blood. Currently in the possession of Wudang as one of their sect's treasures.

Each of these swords have problems with at least one of our allies so

B2

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Akkudakku Arbiter

Akkudakku
    Flop back to E1 for max points with Yunzi and Lord Zhang.

Also for max efficiency.

^ Top  
  7. Kipeci Arcane

Kipeci
    That's good enough for me. Voting E1>D1 again.

^ Top  
  8. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Here is how INT 8 Jing weighs the reputation effect on Taishan with each of the actions, if it matters to you guys.

From best to worst:

B>D>E>C>>>A

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  9. profreshinal Arcane

profreshinal
    Using WQS in this fight has really bad odds of keeping it hidden from the rest of the jianghu. I think it's best to keep it hidden for just a bit longer at least not to use it before the actual conference.

^ Top  
  10. asxetos Augur

asxetos
    E will be a clusterfuck. D is far better if we can pull it of (and i think we can in D1).

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Akkudakku Arbiter

Akkudakku
    Doesnt matter, they cant counter it unless they have unperceptible moves in their arsenal.

^ Top  
  12. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    E2.
    MAXIMUM (what the)FUCK.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Akkudakku Arbiter

Akkudakku
    Would you mind putting a zero somewhere in there treave? E would be around 0 right?

^ Top  
  14. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Yes, I would mind.

^ Top  
  15. ChumBucket Augur

ChumBucket
    Yeah, that would be TMI.

^ Top  
  16. Akkudakku Arbiter

Akkudakku
    Bummer. But then again it changes nothing because we will see a gigantic bandwagon

^ Top  
  17. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    The real danger will be in the sort of things that some people, such as the Zhang Clan that have funded Taishan, might attempt to do either to us or our companions before the Conference begins. There is plenty of potential for fuckery here before things even begin.

Hmm, well, having thought about it, I am loathe to help Taishan's Su Cheng and his disciple defeat this mysterious swordsman when it's already two-to-one odds and they've got the Taishan Seven around. On the other, while supporting the mysterious swordsman would be fair - and he seems like an awesome fighter - I don't want to renege on the promise that we made to Shaolin. The solution is clearly to take them both on, but the only way that we'll be able to do so successfully while fulfilling Master Zhang's conditions is to use Wuxiang Qiankun. Otherwise, we might be pressured to use our other skills.

E2

Last edited: May 29, 2014
    ^ Top  
  18. ChumBucket Augur

ChumBucket
    Ok, asxetos, you convinced me switching to D1.

^ Top  
  19. Akkudakku Arbiter

Akkudakku
    E1> D1 so both options have chances

^ Top  
  20. Absinthe Arcane

Absinthe
    E2 for now, lets get our party some practice.

^ Top  
  21. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    D1 for me too, I guess.

Though I am warming up to E2, too. I am not sure if MAXIMUM FUCK is preferable to a clusterfuck.

The girls are resourseful, and it is plain safer for us.

^ Top  
  22. Absinthe Arcane

Absinthe
    By the way, I wonder how long it's going to be until we add steps for Chaos Taiji. Considering Luanshi Wuchangdao, this seems to be the natural progression.

^ Top  
  23. Rex Feral Liturgist

Rex Feral
    B1>B2>D1

I'm not really keen on helping any masked men. He might be Zhang Manxing or Nie Wuxing for all I know (though I doubt that). Besides we ought to think about our reputation now that we represent the Fire Cult. It would be bad for our sects reputation if we further antagonize orthodox sects.

^ Top  
  24. Elfberserker Liturgist

Elfberserker
    I guess it depends how much we use Taiji and difficulties of opponents.

Sword confendary seems good place to start at least chaos Taiji sword style.

^ Top  
  25. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    The real upside for our party is that it improves Song Lingshu's reputation (while hurting our own a bit more than in D). It also seems like it's actually doable without Wuxiang Qiankun, so we'd at least by able to keep the technique a secret for just a while longer. With the Zhang Clan likely around, since they have a vested interest in seeing that this Conference benefits them, I'm sure our enemies will perk right up if they discover we have the Wuxiang Qiankun Skill.

profreshinal has mentioned which extra sword the Phantom of the Opera is likely to have:

A question to ask ourselves is: Which one is it? That could tell us a lot about this man. Either this man was involved in the massacre of the Xiaohou Clan, or he was involved in the theft of the Qixing Longyuan Sword. The Phantom of the Opera strikes me as the flashy, roguish type. A mysterious swordsman who wanders where he pleases has little reason to massacre an extended family of bureaucrats. However, I have a very strong feeling that he took the Qixing Longyuan Sword. I may not have proof here, but I think that this is a good hunch.

Based on this, what do you bros think about allying with mysterious swordsman here and then fucking him over so that Wudang gets their sword back? Might be a wiser move in the long run. Shaolin already knows that we have unorthodox methods, but good intentions, so if we get the sword back to Wudang, perhaps they won't mind.

(I understand, I'm talking as though we know for sure that this man is carrying the Qixing Longyuan Sword. I still think that it's the far more likely possibility)

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.