Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Ah, but if I manage to do it properly, you won't be able to tell the difference between madness and sanity. You don't have to want to go mad, you'll just slip into a state of one without knowing.

Absinthe

Arcane
Part of the trouble is that the burning man encounter in the fire temple primed us for this question in a bad way.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The entire paragraph itself was a vague hint. A sudden need to think hard about the question, followed by a sharp pain that causes him to become 'certain' of his answer.
Which could also be true if thinking about this question was the only thing that allowed him to regain his sanity for a brief while in the first place, and he would return to the hazy state and succumb to the pain if he stops thinking about it for a second. Especially plausible since the answer was something 'known' to him from the beginning.

I am not complaining about fairness, it was an undeserved mercy that we've got that many failsafes in place. It's just that line about being out of character stung a little.

I suppose a truly malicious GM (*looks at a certain person*) would not have posted the epilogue, instead letting us go on as if nothing happened and allowing us to think that we have found our one sane answer and fought off the demon with the Power of Love RESPONSIBILITIGER, especially since the answer have made the demon indistinguishable from our normal behavior. That might be the stuff for the Cthulhu LP, though. :)

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Ah, but if I manage to do it properly, you won't be able to tell the difference between madness and sanity. You don't have to want to go mad, you'll just slip into a state of one without knowing.
Yes. This.
I suppose a truly malicious GM (*looks at a certain person*) would not have posted the epilogue, instead letting us go on as if nothing happened and allowing us to think that we have found our one sane answer and fought off the demon with the Power of Love RESPONSIBILITIGER, especially since the answer have made the demon indistinguishable from our normal behavior. That might be the stuff for the Cthulhu LP, though. :)
And also this.

All kid gloves should be removed for the Cthulhu LP. These last two LPs were the warm up. We have no excuse for failure now. Also, personal horror and stuff.

ChumBucket

Augur
All kid gloves should be removed for the Cthulhu LP. These last two LPs were the warm up. We have no excuse for failure now. Also, personal horror and stuff.
That proves we are all a bunch of masochistic fucks, and man that is going to be one short LP.

Honestly, I was hoping to see Hobo Rider.

Fangshi

Arcane
Just to play the devil's advocate here. ;)

You know guys if we end the LP now and move on to the superhero one then Jing would make a great villain to fight... it would be really cool... he would be the type that brings down civilizations when they have grown corrupt and complacent and our superhero would have to stop him and save the world/city/etc.

Let Jing go Bros, let him take his place as a true badass.

Let him become Liam Neeson.

liam-neeson-batman-dark-knight-rises.jpg

Nevill said:
I suppose a truly malicious GM (*looks at a certain person*) would not have posted the epilogue, instead letting us go on as if nothing happened and allowing us to think that we have found our one sane answer and fought off the demon with the Power of Love RESPONSIBILITIGER, especially since the answer have made the demon indistinguishable from our normal behavior.

:lol: I have been nothing but fair with you Nevill. Now if you want me to get murderous that can also be arranged... Also, yes. Yes I would let you just keep on going... you could always stumble right back out of it again without ever realizing what happened... :smug:

Last edited:

Esquilax

Arcane
Hmm... both possibilities are tempting. Because I am cool with both, I would like to formally abstain my vote. 1 less vote on the A column, then.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Especially plausible since the answer was something 'known' to him from the beginning.

That's where my interpretation differs. I don't think he's ever truly understood why he fought from the start, or at least formed an actual concept. To be suddenly so certain of the answer, without going through anything to really solidify that understanding (like, say, having someone he cares about die before his eyes) was to me a warning sign.

All in the execution, I suppose.

/League of Shadows

Yeah, War God Jing's group is basically a full-fledged Evil Organization (TM). We have the Amesha Spenta as mid-bosses. We have an army of poisoners, assassins and a mysterious flame that never goes out. We even have the banners ready.

Hail Hydra

Absinthe

Arcane
Well with questions like these, we assumed that we were retroactively answering the question of Jing's true nature.

Esquilax

Arcane
Holy shit... treave, this might be a radical suggestion, and please feel free to ignore it... but that seems like an awesome set up for a future adventure. Could we perhaps - maybe not now, but sometime in the future - shelve this LP and set it at the time of Genghis Khan? We had the chance for a 25 year timeskip the time we died at Youxia City, though of course this is much more significant. Perhaps you're sick of the setting, but the combinations of a mysterious wuxia illumaniti, East meets West, involvement in places like Persia with the Khwarezmid Empire... I dunno, it seems pretty sweet and could be a fresh spin on things.

Though I suppose any vote for shelving it would automatically just be B.

Edit: ChumBucket, I'm pretty sure A is in the lead, because there were a bunch of A votes in this page and the previous one.

ChumBucket

Augur
Heck, Jing's organization would make great villains for the superhero lp. Maybe not the main one, but a major one.* I should stop this, I want the deadlock to continue...

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Well, if I come back to this after a B, I had planned on a time skip anyway. Hence shaking things up. Whether it'd be in the medieval era or not... well, it depends on whether I feel done with it yet at the time.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Double-checked Elfberserker's tally.

Baltika9 - A
Azira - A
Tribute - A
ChumBucket - A
Kz3r0 - A
Akkudakku - A
Kipeci - A
Nevill - A
asxetos - A
Lambchop19 - A
The Brazilian Slaughter - A
Rex Feral - A
Ganymede - A
kazgar - A

Esquilax - abstain

Smashing Axe - B
Elfberserker - B
archaen - B
tropic - B
Zwist - B
Absinthe - B
Fangshi - B
Tigranes - B
Grimgravy - B
XenomorphII - B
ScubaV - B
LWC1996 - B

Final tally:

A - 14
B - 12

Looks like we're continuing.

This bears repeating: You guys are a bunch of masochistic fucks.

Kipeci

Arcane
If chewing a bit of glass each time was necessary to participate in this stuff it'd still be a better entertainment experience than most of the crap I read. :M

Nevill

Arcane
I have been nothing but fair with you Nevill. Now if you want me to get murderous that can also be arranged... Also, yes. Yes I would let you just keep on going... you could always stumble right back out of it again without ever realizing what happened... :smug:
Now, see, it turns out that not only you are malicious, but also paranoid as hell. Of course I meant root! But it is good, I suppose, that you have revealed your true colors as well.
;) :P
As for your suggestion, I'd rather not end Iit now. It is not over until we are dead. From YOLOTIGER to RESPONSIBILITIGER and to the shameful depths of WQSTIGER we went, and we shall see it to the end. We may rise again, or we might plunge even deeper. It would be a pity to leave the rest of the story for the epilogue to fill in the blanks when we can write it by our own hands.

ChumBucket

Augur
If chewing a bit of glass each time was necessary to participate in this stuff it'd still be a better entertainment experience than most of the crap I read. :M
Yes, treave is a good master to us, and all pain he inflicts on us, we diserve.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Of course, as it turns out, this entire choice and the last update was all an hallucination the demon put us through to try and cause us to give up and give our will over to him. Congratulations, Codex, you win!
I wish.

Fangshi

Arcane
Nevill said:
As for your suggestion, I'd rather not end Iit now. It is not over until we are dead. From YOLOTIGER to RESPONSIBILITIGER and to the shameful depths of WQSTIGER we went, and we shall see it to the end. We may rise again, or we might plunge even deeper. It would be a pity to leave the rest of the story for the epilogue to fill in the blanks when we can write it by our own hands.

Fair enough but if we go from Ra's al Ghul to 'Dickless Jing' I am holding you personally responsible.

Nevill said:
Now, see, it turns out that not only you are malicious, but also paranoid as hell. Of course I meant root! But it is good, I suppose, that you have revealed your true colors as well.
;):P

Ah, if the shoe fits... :lol:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Nah, from here on out it's going to be waifu choices all the way down. It's not the story that you deserve, but the story that you need right now.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
If certain elements of the voting block were less repetative in their arguments, I'd go for A. That seems HIGHLY unlikely.
I have no really arguments and I didn't read anyone else's, so sorry if I'm repeating someone's sentiment.. I just want to play out the conclusion of the LP. We've invested a lot of time in the story and characters and I want to see an ending that has more to do with each of the characters and storylines we've come to know thus far. I think that that can only be done adequately over the course of a few updates. Don't let LP fatigue deprive us of a proper ending to the LP we've spent the better part of a year on.

I was just going to flip for you. Your insightful and entertaining arguments deserve no less. Glad your option won even though I missed the deadline.

Nevill

Arcane
Nah, from here on out it's going to be waifu choices all the way down. It's not the story that you deserve, but the story that you need right now.
I just hope it's not these kinds of choices.
I'd prefer to have you pick between saving Qilin, Cao'er or Yunzi.
And Qilin's fate is hardly assured if, say, both of the other girls are pregnant. :lol:
I don't think we need (or deserve) those ones yet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom