Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

a cut of domestic sheep prime

On a side note, I'm surprised the whole possession by sword eating demon didn't bump our stats a little...

edit:
Yeah, those two are a bit more vital to the story, unfortunately. You guys went down the Qilin route, elevating her from side-story character to female heroine. And making things more complicated.
complicated = harem. harem = complicated. It's like that yin yang taoist thing treave was talking about.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
On a side note, I'm surprised the whole possession by sword eating demon didn't bump our stats a little...
Our SWORDS stats, to be precice.

Can we please let the demon sleep? The corruption is going to take a while, and I see no need to escalate the process.

For example if we went with the Cao'er route back then, her background would then have been more prominently tied into the main plot.
What was the ticket to the Cao'er's route? Staying at Emei when we had the choice? Avoiding Zhang Jue route? Inviting her with us outright when we decided what to do with her?

And the relationship is not complicated enough. I want my love dodecahedrons! The utter clusterfuck with schemes and intrigues for the first place, with poisons, snakes, knives and laxatives flying around.

Hopefully, the demon will get scared and runs away.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
What was the ticket to the Cao'er's route? Staying at Emei when we had the choice? Avoiding Zhang Jue route? Inviting her with us outright when we decided what to do with her?!

At the very least, staying at Emei. If not, not opting to throw her to safety. Also, I fear that it is impossible to totally avoid Zhang Jue route in this LP. Given, uh, the voters' fancies.

Again, a reminder: if there are any C votes, I'm filing it under B. So just vote B in the first place and refuse to marry Qilin because you will only want to marry her if it's along with all the other girls.

Nevill

Arcane
Again, a reminder: if there are any C votes, I'm filing it under B. So just vote B in the first place and refuse to marry Qilin because you will only want to marry her if it's along with all the other girls.
The reason you stated for B is what puts the people off, I'm afraid, that's why they prefer Lambchop's wording even though the choice is essentially the same. :)

a cut of domestic sheep prime

The reason you stated for B is what puts the people off, I'm afraid, that's why they prefer Lambchop's wording even though the choice is essentially the same. :)

TRUE LOVE HAREM CONQUERS ALL, they say. :M

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012

Fair enough. I'll still be maintaining B's reasoning, so in the end it makes no difference to me. :M

...After all, you can't have two number ones.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
That's the excuse. The reasoning behind it remains the same. As a delaying tactic.

Nevill

Arcane
...After all, you can't have two number ones.
Didn't we want to do away with numbers?
“I don’t go for every princess that happens to fall across my path. And stop with that numbering thing.”

“Why? How else would we rank our seniority among sisters?”

“Because… ah, because you are all equal in my heart?”
I get it, the girls might feel differently, but at the very least I want Jing himself to think that way.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You might not want numbering, but both the Wudu Cult and Fire Temple will be concerned about it. As the future head of the sect, Qilin can't be playing second fiddle, or be lowered to sharing a spot. As the Holy Maiden, it'd be an insult if Yunzi did not come first for the Fire Lord.

This issue isn't going to disappear just because you pay lip service to equality.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
As a side note: to beat the transcendent one we need to boost our int and wis. We need into tao scriptures.
Absorb our lacking part!

asxetos

Augur
You might not want numbering, but both the Wudu Cult and Fire Temple will be concerned about it. As the future head of the sect, Qilin can't be playing second fiddle, or be lowered to sharing a spot. As the Holy Maiden, it'd be an insult if Yunzi did not come first for the Fire Lord.

This issue isn't going to disappear just because you pay lip service to equality.

There is a saying in Greece that goes like 'If the bride(s) and the groom want it, the inlaws can shut the fuck up.'

Nevill

Arcane
Hm. I know just the right way out of this! :P

You are invited to eat together with the Chi family; Qilin and her father and Tulu Huodu’s spouse – Qilin’s aunt and her father’s sister – Chi Huishe. You had wondered why Chi Tianxie was not the heir apparent, and Qilin had told you that the succession was historically matrilineal. Chi Huishe had been the leader of the Wudu Cult, but upon marriage she had yielded the position to her husband – this was exceedingly rare, though no one spoke out against it as they all respected Tulu Huodu’s supreme skill at poison. However, as they had not conceived any children, Qilin was designated as the successor.
Since the succession in the Wudu Cult is matrilineal and the cult itself is somewhat of a matriarchat with Tulu Huodu as an exception, I propose that Qilin makes us her first husband, and we make Yunzi our first wife. There! Solved!

Qilin wears the pants in our relationship as the leader of her sect, and we are the man in a marriage with Yunzi as the leader of our own cult.

Everyone is happy! Especially since Qilin already plays us like a fiddle, so we don't even have a pride to lose. :lol:

Fangshi

Arcane
Nevill said:
Qilin wears the pants in our relationship as the leader of her sect

Do we... do we get to wear a dress at the wedding?

Will it be a pretty dress?

This is kind of important. :oops:

Last edited:

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Hm. I know just the right way out of this! :P

Since the succession in the Wudu Cult is matrilineal and the cult itself is somewhat of a matriarchat with Tulu Huodu as an exception, I propose that Qilin makes us her first husband, and we make Yunzi our first wife. There! Solved!

Qilin wears the pants in our relationship as the leader of her sect, and we are the man in a marriage with Yunzi as the leader of our own cult.

Everyone is happy! Especially since Qilin already plays us like a fiddle, so we don't even have a pride to lose. :lol:
nailed it! And Jing could have come up with this in his trolling ways :D

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
There is a saying in Greece that goes like 'If the bride(s) and the groom want it, the inlaws can shut the fuck up.'

I'll add that as an actual option C if you want. No problem. It'd have a real difference in outcome. :M

I propose that Qilin makes us her first husband, and we make Yunzi our first wife.

Hm...

Edit: On further thought, there might be an issue with the Fire Lord being subject to another woman that isn't God. Officially, I mean. Would have to do some creative explaining.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom