Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] 傳

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    All I want to know is how to use WQS to get out of this conundrum. There must be a way!

Oh, and no, we'll go on a wedding tour later, visiting Tufan, Guizhou, Yao's Mansion and Qingcheng in turn, and arriving to the Huashan Summit just in time to marry Bai Jiutian.

Edit: Uh, and you just had to add this...

Alright. We'll do it in the seniority order.

Screw it! We'll marry all the girls at once! And I mean all the girls. YOLOTIGER OR NO TIGER AT ALL!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
    ^ Top  
  2. Ganymede Learned

Ganymede
    No brainer. A

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    The triumphant return of the demon-possessed hero! Yay!
    Where's the fireworks? Foolish mortals!
    I wanted to make them honest women, but now?!

ABSTAINING LIKE A COWARD-PLAN IS GO

^ Top  
  4. C. Reveal that you are the new Fire Temple Lord and explain that Qilin has brilliantly arranged for you to marry the Holy Maiden as well in a power play that will strengthen the Wudu Cult and that there must be a dual wedding to avoid offending their sect.

1. The wedding will occur as soon as possible.

2. The wedding must be delayed until after the summit.

C2 :M

edit: actually, I have a feeling Yunzi would run at this point...so C2 is best for now...

edit: This is now what B is going to be about as treave said it was a better excuse than he had thought up. Also, if we use this excuse it's actually a valid reason for the delay as treave says Yunzi is still underage and can't be married until later.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  5. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Hm, I suppose that's an option. Alright.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Hm. I like the plan to appeal for power and potential profits that the Wudu seem to value above proper ceremonies... but isn't it going to invalidate the choice?

Isn't it just B, delaying it under some kind of a pretence?

^ Top  
  7. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    It's still better than the excuse I thought up for B, I suppose. But you can't have the Fire Temple marriage early because Yunzi is still underage.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Well, I always wanted it to be a dual marriage, because of our previous talk of how the girls are all equal in our heart and all that.

I just didn't know it was possible.

I guess that would be ideal for me. C2.

^ Top  
  9. Elfberserker Liturgist

Elfberserker
    Flopping to C2

We must make DOUBLE WEDDING REALITY!
    Or will it be
    triple wedding? Or quadruple?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Can't forget Cao'er and Armati...and Yifang...and Song - Bai ain't gonna marry her.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    It is possible, but how well will they buy the excuse is another thing. I'll file the C votes under B.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Can somebody explain why C2 is preferrable to C1?

It would be nice for epilogue purposes, I suppose, but can't we have a bit of happiness in the LP itself?

Especially since we'll probably need our factions strongly tied together before shit goes down. We want the Wudu Cult to be there when the Fire Cult will inevitably get assaulted. So it stands to reason we might want to get into an alliance by marriage sooner rather than later.

Well, I am more interested in keeping our party together than in the effects it will have on our political alliances. The former will have a more direct and immediate effect, and if one of them runs off, the political consequences are going to be disastrous as well.

On that front, can't Jing figure something up to keep the girls relatively happy with the outcome? He didn't swallow that silver tongue of his, did he?

^ Top  
  13. As far as excuses go, "I can't because I your daughter wants me to marry another girl too" is pretty original. Brown wedding of excuses and all that.

edit: Nevill, 1) Yunzi is underage and can't be married now, 2) Yunzi would probably bolt anyway.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Absinthe Arcane

Absinthe
  15. Elfberserker Liturgist

Elfberserker
    Well it depends how Yunzi will response.
    Last time when we revealed something about possible wedding she ran off.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Are you saying there is not enough Happiness in the LP so far? :rpgcodex:

I thought the common complaint was that Jing wasn't cursed enough.

Only two of them would care about who would be first, and I suppose you can say the relationship is not that simple now since you guys didn't send Qilin away.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Cao'er, Yifang and Lingshu get no love. :( It's always wife No.1 vs wife No.3.

And we haven't patted Xuezi on the head in a while.

^ Top  
  18. "Please, sir, I want some more."
    "More? MORE?!"

Seriously, Nevill, don't make him mad! :lol:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    But I am a masochist. I want him mad!
    Show Spoiler
    Well, not really. Not really mad, that is - I won't refute the masochist part.

^ Top  
  20. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Yeah, those two are a bit more vital to the story, unfortunately. You guys went down the Qilin route, elevating her from side-story character to female heroine. And making things more complicated.

For example if we went with the Cao'er route back then, her background would then have been more prominently tied into the main plot.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  21. On a side note, I'm surprised the whole possession by sword eating demon didn't bump our stats a little...

edit:
    complicated = harem. harem = complicated. It's like that yin yang taoist thing treave was talking about.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Our SWORDS stats, to be precice.

Can we please let the demon sleep? The corruption is going to take a while, and I see no need to escalate the process.

What was the ticket to the Cao'er's route? Staying at Emei when we had the choice? Avoiding Zhang Jue route? Inviting her with us outright when we decided what to do with her?

And the relationship is not complicated enough. I want my love dodecahedrons! The utter clusterfuck with schemes and intrigues for the first place, with poisons, snakes, knives and laxatives flying around.

Hopefully, the demon will get scared and runs away.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    At the very least, staying at Emei. If not, not opting to throw her to safety. Also, I fear that it is impossible to totally avoid Zhang Jue route in this LP. Given, uh, the voters' fancies.

Again, a reminder: if there are any C votes, I'm filing it under B. So just vote B in the first place and refuse to marry Qilin because you will only want to marry her if it's along with all the other girls.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  24. Akkudakku Arbiter

Akkudakku
    C2 BROs. Lambchop you are a genius :D

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.