Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] 傳

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Aug 29, 2013.

1. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    I'm not sure what you're talking about. Nie Wuxing behaves like an impeccable gentleman. 9 out of 10 orthodox sect members agree.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  2. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    :lol:
    I know he had an impeccable public rep, but the man is an insecure, jealous slimeball underneath it all. Wouldn't be surprised if he were somehow behind the disappearance of Qilin's mother and get going cold turkey on Father Tianxie (best in-law ever :love: ), but that's just speculation.

^ Top  
  3. Kz3r0 Arcane Sad Loser

Kz3r0

^ Top  
  4. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Funny, that. If I recall correctly, you almost consistently vote for the choices that result in less Gao Ying. Like reloading and rolling back. And not going to see Shun.

edit: Okay, to be fair, you did vote to visit him once. :lol:

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  5. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    What couple of sword moves are we talking about?
    As far as I know, we only have this one:

^ Top  
  6. Tribute Arbiter

Tribute
    I was also intending to flop. Would that have done it?

^ Top  
  7. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Its length means that it's also less suitable for adapting the Minamoto moves that require you to draw and attack. It's a bit more unwieldy than the Yuchang Sword. Of course you'll probably want to be using the wodao for that where possible.

^ Top  
  8. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    We have the wodao for kenjutsu, so that's not a concern. If I recall correctly, we couldn't use the Yuchang with our kenjutsu either. So we're probably sacrificing the Deceptive Fish Stab and maybe the Gentle Leaf Dance.

^ Top  
  9. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    You could, it was just not nearly as efficient. The Chixiao Sword is even less efficient.

^ Top  
  10. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Then we'll just have to work on a suitable style for it. Unless Master Zhang will let us borrow the Kusanagi.

^ Top  
  11. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Kusanagi isn't shaped like a wodao. Besides, you already have one mythical sword plucked from the dead body of a giant snake.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  12. Kz3r0 Arcane Sad Loser

Kz3r0
    Let'spar with master Zhang with it then

^ Top  
  13. Absinthe Arcane

Absinthe
    AB for now. If we're the Emei rep, then we can wield the Yuchang Sword legitimately. It also works really well with our Taiji Sword technique. And turning Song Lingshu into a powerhouse would also do us good.

^ Top  
  14. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    What about CB, guys? I understand that we'd be forgoing our votes for the Conference, but we'd have three orthodox sect representatives (Qingcheng, Emei, Wudang) to the Douchebag Generation's two (Huashan, Taishan). If Nie Wuxing's goal is to win at the Huashan Summit and to dominate thoroughly, this could be an early way of stopping him. We give up resources for allies - might be worth it?

^ Top  
  15. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Wasn't it said that as we reach mastery, it would hardly matter?
    Does this still apply?

No, what is going to happen at the conference will most likely require our direct participation. It is too major of an event not to. If we intend to have a say in what is going to happen there even without a sword, we are probably counting on it turning into a chaotic bloodbath - because otherwise, we are nobody.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
    ^ Top  
  16. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    I don't think Lingshu's word carries any weight right now, since she's technically a run-away from a sect she doesn't even lead. If we want to go for maximum allies, then CC is the way. Emperor, Wudang and Emei on our side? Bros, please, we got this.

^ Top  
  17. Absinthe Arcane

Absinthe
    With the Chixiao Sword, Song Lingshu's word would immediately carry a lot of weight. Her claim as the qingcheng heir would also become a lot stronger. She would also become a much stronger fighter, and we will need all the powerhouses we can get in the near future.

^ Top  
  18. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    I'm talking about this Conference. She's technically a runaway bride that is involved in the murder attemp on zhang manxing, and an ally of Xu Jing. Wuxing will tear her apart politically. If we want to press for advantage, it doesn't get better than giving the The Emperor of China a sword for himself. Like, no one can beat that. Absolutely no one.

^ Top  
  19. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    The weight of one's word at the conference does not stem from belonging to a sect. The sword is what gives you a word.

What allies do you intend to make from giving it to Shun that you can't make from giving it to Lingshu? If Shun wants to be heard, he can do it without a sword.

I don't get your point at all.

Before which factions? Before Taishan? No surprise there. Before the Saint? Is he the one for politics? Before Wudang and Emei? Nope. Before Qingfeng and Lanhai? :lol:

Why do you think there is going to be some electorate to sway?

^ Top  
  20. Absinthe Arcane

Absinthe
    Wuxing can't tear her apart that well. Shaolin and Emei back us. Wudang will back us too when we return their sword (and maybe we get some points for Taiji too). Beggar's Sect here is sympathetic to us also. With the Chixiao Sword, she would also obtain much stronger support from Qingcheng factions. There is also the Sword Saint, and I'm guessing he'll be on our side for this.

2C is pointless because as the Emperor he doesn't need a sword to make his voice heard and if he wants, he could just borrow one for the occasion.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  21. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    Her word carried no weight after the Qingcheng debacle, but after the alliance at Shaolin, we have the potential for improving things on this front. We've managed to mend fences with the BRO sects, so if we give up our spot for Lingshu and cement our alliances with Wudang and Emei by providing them with their respective swords, they'll back her for sure. Remember that her reputation went down into the gutter because of us, too. So if we give back both swords and let her have the Chixiao Sword, then that makes us look like the good guy who wants to do right by the orthodox world. It improves our reputation, and by extension, hers.

That being said, I am still thinking about keeping the Chixiao Sword, because I'm selfish like that and I want in on the Conference.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  22. Absinthe Arcane

Absinthe
    I prefer 1A. Emei already recognizes us as their representative and we could use the sword, after all.

^ Top  
  23. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    AB.

I don't see what's to be gained by giving a sword to Shun. Like teaching him WQ, it just gets him some random relic of the jianghu that isn't very useful to him. Unless we want him to reveal himself at the conference and become the leader of the ten swords? Is that the plan? Does Shun want that? Why do we want that?

^ Top  
  24. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    I would rather we go as far as we can in mending relations with the sects. Besides, the Yuchang blade is borrowed and doesn't belong to us. At one point or another, they will ask for it back and we won't be able to refuse without really spoiling relations.
    The Chixiao sword belongs to us now, we own it and no one can claim it from us.

As for Shun, yeah, you have a point. The dude can just come in and ask to borrow someone else's for a second and claim the Xuanyuan.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.