Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
How much time is left until dawn, anyway? You said that we could probably do the deed in about ten minutes, so how much time would that leave us with?

Assuming everything goes off without a hitch? The main living quarters aren't hard to find. Once you get Cao'er you should have close to an hour left. Given your high strength you can just carry her on your back, climb a handy building and leap over the wall with time to spare. That's the plan, at least.

I'd like to note one thing: one of the arguments for the unorthodox path back then was because people wanted the freedom to break from restrictive honour codes without penalty. :lol:

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Okay dude, what exactly do you expect here? We are on a mission to humiliate the orthodox sects by any means necessary as the Southern Maniac's apprentice, now we have to worry about everybody's feelings along the way? Not saying you are wrong in this assessment, but don't expect to succeed in Zhang's mission if you don't like stepping on a few toes. We have to go through eight people by the end of this, and a few of them are probably going to die.
I don't give a rat's ass about Zhang's mission if it oversteps the amount of ruthlessness I deem acceptable for Jing's character, and this is certainly the case. There is a line after which it is better to abandon Zhang, rather than continue with his apprenticeship. If he orders us to murder our liege, for example, we would certainly refuse the request. Murdering innocent people is stepping dangerously close to that line.

You mean Shun, our dearest and closest friend, who protected us after we attacked the woman-in-black? The guy who stood by for us even though our actions led to him getting hurt? That guy? If there is anyone we ought to be loyal to, it's Shun. Every indication that we've been given tells us that Shun is an awesome guy, why would we go against him? Freedom may have changed Jing's ideas a bit, but I don't understand this reaction against Shun, when he's been the most trustworthy person that we've ever known..
Yeah, that guy. I have nothing against him, really. But I do think that Jing does not properly excersice his ability to make his own judjement, instead relying on concepts of loyalty and whatnot to follow orders. Orders from Shun, orders from Yao, orders from Zhang. Some of them are worth following, some are not, and none of them excuse poor moral judgement on Jing's part.

In the current situation, following Yao's instructions to the letter is clearly not the optimal way to solve the problem, neither it is an appropriate way of showing gratitude, yet it doesn't bother Jing that much. He can always say he honored the letter of his vow, if not the spirit.

treave said:
I'd like to note one thing: one of the arguments for the unorthodox path back then was because people wanted the freedom to break from restrictive honour codes without penalty.
I remember something along the lines "no murder, rape and pillage allowed". I know I wanted for Jing to be an idealist with a practical approach to combat, not the Practical Incarnation himself.

Last edited:

Esquilax

Arcane
I don't give a rat's ass about Zhang's mission if it oversteps the amount of ruthlessness I deem acceptable for Jing's character, and this is certainly the case. There is a line after which it is better to abandon Zhang, rather than continue his apprenticeship. If he order us to murder our liege, for example, we would certainly refuse the request. Murdering innocent people is stepping dangerously close to that line.

Song Lingshu is innocent and it's not her fault that this happened. No disputing that. It isn't fair that she has to die for her father's indiscretions. The man is dead and Yao has taken his toll upon the man that wronged him. He's clearly blinded by his pride in this case. I'm not disputing that either.

Yeah, that guy. I have nothing against him, really. But I do think that Jing does not properly excersice his ability to make his own judjement, instead relying on concepts of loyalty and whatnot to follow orders. Orders from Shun, orders from Yao, orders from Zhang. Some of them are worth following, some are not, and none of them excuse poor moral judgement on Jing's part.

In the current situation, following Yao's instructions to the letter is clearly not the optimal way to solve the problem, neither it is an appropriate way of showing gratitude, yet it doesn't bother Jing that much. He can always say he honored the letter of his vow, if not the spirit.
I remember something along the lines "no murder, rape and pillage allowed". I know I wanted for Jing to be an idealist with a practical approach to combat, not the Practical Incarnation himself.

An idealist with a practical approach to combat. So, you mean, a man who values keeping his word and being loyal to those close to him above all else, which is what we'd be doing now if we kill Song Lingshu? Perhaps these aren't the ideals you want the character to have, but there's certainly something idealistic - and overall, very interesting - about carrying out Yao's orders in full and doing whatever needs to be done to ensure that we succeed.

If you want him to be more of an individual, cool. But if he isn't relying on concepts like loyalty, duty, etc. then he's not exactly an idealist either. If he's an idealist, well, what are the ideals that you want him to have? What does he value? As strange as it is to say, the Jing that will kill Song Lingshu is more of an idealist than the Jing that doesn't. A version of Jing who makes his own judgment and is individualistic is a man who lives for himself, and that kind of man by definition cannot be an idealist.

I'm not saying that it's better or worse, but it's not idealistic. I don't quite understand the vision of the character that you had from the beginning, but it sounded a bit contradictory.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I'm not saying that it's better or worse, but it's not idealistic. I don't quite understand the vision of the character that you had from the beginning, but it sounded a bit contradictory.

Think Chaotic Good, perhaps? An individualist with his personal moral code of what's right and wrong that may not fully match with society, but nevertheless aims to do selfless 'good' regardless.

That's the impression I got from most unorthodox voters.

Kipeci

Arcane
Are we really saying that it would have corrupted Jong to have gone with B1? He's reflexively murdered hundreds, he's not some delicate snowflake that will give in to the void after dirtying his hands a bit. I'm definitely butthurt.

Baltika9

Arcane
This is an innocent person we're talking about here, though. If we kill her, what is stopping us from killing more innocents, giving into our chaos and one day waking up covered in gore and intestines?

Where are you getting the "he killed hundreds!" statistic? There's an unspecified number with tye Secret Police, the bandits and Junior. Not the sky-high kill count you're implying.

Jester

Arbiter
This is an innocent person we're talking about here, though. If we kill her, what is stopping us from killing more innocents, giving into our chaos and one day waking up covered in gore and intestines?

Where are you getting the "he killed hundreds!" statistic? There's an unspecified number with tye Secret Police, the bandits and Junior. Not the sky-high kill count you're implying.
You have right we are FAR behind schedule.
:troll:

Kipeci

Arcane

While we did practice our killing on bound prisoners, people could be imprisoned for a lot of awfully petty things back in the day, so we've probably already done that a few times. As to what would stop us from more, I guess it would depend on whether or not someone we have sworn debt or allegiance to needs us to kill such a person or if it otherwise aligns up with our interests, it's not as if we're stabbing a school of orphans for the lulz.

Are you not prone to a bit of hyperbole yourself at times, especially when it's just a flippant remark from passing butthurt? He stabbed people until he could feel no hesitation whatsoever in doing it, not a single tug at his conscious restraining him, so I assumed it was a fair number, anyway.

Baltika9

Arcane
Fuck it, flopped to B1. Using our newfound rep, I say we go to the competition openly, as the Southern Maniac's apprentice. We'll remind our competitors that even if they win, we might pay them a visit too like we did to Qingcheng.
Biting back my reflex of being a smartass, we go to the competition, fight and show our techniques and then tell them "Yeah, by the way, I'm stopping by your schools soon. Get ready, I guess." That doesn't sound smart to me.

While we did practice our killing on bound prisoners, people could be imprisoned for a lot of awfully petty things back in the day, so we've probably already done that a few times. As to what would stop us from more, I guess it would depend on whether or not someone we have sworn debt or allegiance to needs us to kill such a person or if it otherwise aligns up with our interests, it's not as if we're stabbing a school of orphans for the lulz.
That's just the thing, though, I do not want to be anyone's pet Lithuanian hitman,. Simple as that really, and if it gets to the point where Shun orders us to kill innocents without any good cause except his pride, Jing has the precedence and inclination to say "No, what the fuck, dude?" That's the beautiful thing about unorthodoxy, "freedom of choice."
Are you not prone to a bit of hyperbole yourself at times, especially when it's just a flippant remark from passing butthurt?
I took you literally there. Point taken. :oops:
Isn't he just a social darwinist/survivalist that places the utmost importance on personal power, and not on some moral conduct or whatever philosophical mumbo-jumbo?

He does appear to me that way. He acts as if the weak have no place in his world unless they entertain him. If there is a higher idea behind his teachings, it haven't manifested itself yet.

Why do you think there is more to him than meets the eye, anyway? Apart from that you really want this to be the case.
Because if he would have been a "social darwinist/survivalist," he wouldn't give a crap if we killed the nuns, would probably instruct us to kill off the losers of our matches and try to bend us to his point of view. And yet, didn't. I'm just giving the guy the benefit of the doubt, "don't judge a book by it's cover" and all.
Remember the "Oh no! He'll make us an insane killing machine, JUST LIKE HIM!" and how that didn't happen?

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Cao’er and Miecao

The main quarters of the sect is easy to find; a brick and wood two-storey structure that lies near the center of the compound. From what Yao has said, Cao’er should be held on the second floor. You notice that only one room is still lit. A loud, exaggerated yawn and the sound of chatter comes from your side – there is a patrol coming. Wasting no time, you step onto the vertical pillars, using them as a foothold to reach the ledge of the second floor. You pull yourself up with ease. Holding onto the edges, you quickly move over to the window of the lit room. Staying close to the wall, you crane your neck and peer inside.

There is a girl lying belly-down on the floor, apparently reading a book. You quietly pull the window open and clamber in. As your feet touch the floor, she springs up suddenly to face your intrusion, her hand blurred in a throwing movement. You feel a sharp sting – looking down, you see two needles embedded near your pressure points. At those locations, it would cause swift paralysis… if you still had pressure points. You pluck out the needles, pulling down the cloth mask that covers your lower face as you do so.

“Your throwing has improved, Cao’er.” you wince. You hear a strange, choking noise in her throat.

She’s grown rapidly in the year and a half since you last saw her. You didn’t expect that short, stubby girl to grow into a lanky lass only half a head shorter than you are. Her rags, which once swaddled her almost entirely, now barely cover her knees and elbows. She appears to have added new clothes to that confusing collection of torn cloth, however, showing as islands of colour in a sea of faded tones. Her hair, however, still serves as a curtain that hides as much of her face as possible, though it appears slightly less messy and more silky nowadays.

“Cao’er?” you ask again, as she stands there frozen, as still as a statue. Her breathing intensifies quickly as her knees give way and she sinks to the floor. You rush to her side. “Are you okay?” you ask, checking her pulse. She looks at you and nods wordlessly, making a gesture that indicates she needs some time to calm down.

After some time, she manages to speak. The first word out of her mouth is your name. “Jing! Why are you…” Her croaking has grown slightly deeper and changed in tone, giving it a more husky effect that is not as unpleasant to the ear.

“I’m here to get you out,” you say simply.

“…what about the master? He’s in the prison… are we going to get him out?” She seems to have improved at speaking, thankfully.

“Not to worry, I’ve spoken with him. I’m to take you away first. That’s an order.”

“…ok. We’ll go… just, I was worried.” Cao’er stumbles over the words in a slight panic. You clap her shoulder twice, reassuringly. You need to flee now before your luck runs out. “So, how good are you at running nowadays?” you ask with a grin. She shakes her head, looking down at the floor. “…not sure.”

You sigh. “Luckily, I can run for the both of us. Is there anything you need to take from this room?”

She shakes her head again. Well, it’s time to begin, then.

You scoop her up in your arms – she’s only slightly heavier than she once was. She makes a startled look for just a second before she quickly puts her arms around your neck and clings on tightly. Stepping out onto the ledge, you look around. There are no patrols in the vicinity. You leap off the second floor. Cao’er’s extra weight causes your landing to make more sound than you would have liked, but no one appears to notice.

You make your run to the edge of the compound.

Suddenly, a patrol appears in front of you. Without stopping you change your direction, dashing behind a nearby building. You catch your breath, backing up against the wall. You can feel Cao’er’s warm breath tickling your neck, and you shift slightly so that it won’t disrupt your concentration.

“Did you guys see anything? I thought there was something ahead of us,” says one of the disciples. You move slowly towards the other side of the building.

“Must’ve been some cat or monkey.”

“Looked kinda big, though, like a human.”

“Maybe it’s the Shadow Wolf. I hear he’s been spotted in the region.”

“All the way out west, here? I heard he was last seen in Yangzhou.”

As the disciples gossip, you circle around the building, finding yourself a clear path to the wall. You’re almost at the finish line. When you reach the wall, you give Cao’er a boost. You use your hands as a foothold, pushing her up so that her jump reaches the top of the wall. After she has made it across, you back up a bit. Taking a running start, you manage three steps up before you leap, barely grabbing the edge of the wall with the tips of your fingers. You pull yourself up and over, landing on the other side where Cao’er is waiting for you. The night sky is turning light as the day slowly begins its encroachment. Grabbing her hand, you make your way down the mountain, to safety.

You find a place near the outskirts of Qingcheng where you can hide out with Cao’er. Exhausted from your exertions throughout the night, you fall asleep almost as soon as you hit the bed. When you awaken, it is already night time again. You find Cao’er looking down at you, stroking the white streaks in your hair. “…you’re slightly different now,” she murmurs. “...but it’s okay. Jing is still Jing.”

“I’m awake, you know,” you say, laughing. Her hand jerks back suddenly as she apologizes.

“Nothing to apologize for.” You pat her head. It’s a nostalgic feeling, and this time around her hair isn’t nearly anywhere as greasy as it was before.

There are things for you to do – Master Yao had said that he would be fine, but you are not so sure. He had said that the Emei nuns would come for him. You are not certain about leaving Cao’er alone, but she tells you that if you have things to do, she can take care of herself. You head down to Chengdu.

There, you find that Yifang is no longer around; she may have returned to Emei. You do not fancy walking up to them by yourself; if you get captured for any reason they can think of, that would be bad.

There are a few dozen Qingcheng disciples in the city, wandering about asking if any of them have seen a messy girl in rags. You walk into one of them, bumping your shoulder into his. “I’m sorry!” you say.

“Be more careful next time,” scowls the disciple as he massages his bruised shoulder.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry. It won’t happen the next time. By the way, sir, why are you looking for a girl?”

“Are you new in town? She is an apprentice of the Killer Physician, who murdered our old master. She somehow escaped last night.”

“I see, I see. What will you do with her when you catch her? Will she be put to death?”

“That’s up to the mistress,” snorts the disciple. “Her master will be executed for his crimes in two days, though. You can come up to the public square in Qingcheng if you want to watch.” You bow to him respectfully. “Of course, sir. I will be there, sir.”

As you make your way back to the hut, you begin thinking up plans to break out Yao should you get no news of his escape. You could strike tomorrow night, or perhaps plan something on the day of the execution itself…

The next day, you decide to begin preparations for your next move. When you leave the hut, however, you see a very strange sight.

Master Yao stands in front of you, his head shaved. He is dressed in the orange robes of a monk.

“…Master Yao?”

“My name is no longer Yao Shunshi. Call me by my Buddhist name, Fayi, kind sir,” he intones.

“Are you serious?”

Yao frowns and snaps at you. “Of course not. But I’ll have to be this way until things settle down with Qingcheng or I die of old age, whichever comes first.”

“That is not the way a monk should be speaking, Shunshi.” A stern voice calls out. Looking behind Master Yao, you see an old nun carrying herself with dignity and grace. She is tall and thin, almost as tall as Yao himself – from her features, she would have been quite the looker back in the day.

“Spare me the lectures, Lihua,” Yao grumbles.

“My name is Miecao now. And sooner or later, I will be calling you Fayi. Do get used to it; after all, you promised to do so in order to be rescued,” says the nun as she approaches you.

“You are Xu Jing, apprentice to this old fool and disciple of the Southern Maniac, are you not?”

“Yes, I am. Sister Miecao… Abbess Miecao of Emei? It is an honour that you have come all the way out here to my humble shack.” You give the leader of Emei Sect the respect that a person of her standing deserves, bowing with your hands placed together in salute.

She nods approvingly. “At least you have learnt manners. Although I have heard from Miaozhu that your manners are merely a way for you to catch people off guard.”

“Her praise is too kind. I do not think I have ever caught her truly off guard,” you say. A hint of a smile rises at the Abbess’s lips. “It is good that you know some restraint, and did not commit any foolish deeds at the behest of that silly old man. It could have complicated matters tremendously. Well, I suppose there are things you wish to ask me. I have some questions on my own too. Let us talk further inside the hut.”

As the three of you walk into the hut, Cao’er gives a nervous greeting. Abbess Miecao looks over the girl, and just for a brief instance the harsh look in her eyes soften. After all of you have taken your seats, she speaks.

“Let us first start with what will happen to Yao from now on. I have freed him from the prison without the knowledge of Qingcheng’s Miss Song, against my better judgement. To be fair, he has taken a life and should have paid for it. Still, since I made my way there, and did not find what I was looking for..." She pauses in embarrassment as Yao sniggers. It seems that he has managed to get one over the Abbess, and negotiated his own rescue. "Well, though it is not the right thing for me to do, by all rights Miss Song should have handed Yao over to the collective judgement of the Eight Sects, and not act on her own whim. For now, Yao will join a nearby monastery, Shizu Temple, and live as a monk to repent for his countless sins over the years.”

Yao snorts loudly. “Just because you chose to do that…” The Abbess glares at him until he looks away.

“When the time is right and emotions do not run as high, I will request that the elders of the Eight Sects convene to pass judgement on this matter. At that time I may request the both of you to attend as witnesses.”

You give her a quick nod. “We’ll be there if we can.”

“Very good. Now, we need to discuss the matter of Cao’er. I will take her in. She will learn the ways of the Buddha and the teachings of Emei. There, she will be safe.”

You feel Cao’er draw closer to you, clinging onto your sleeve just like she always did. She seems reluctant. Yao laughs loudly. “See? I told you, Lihua! She will not go with you. Being cooped up on a mountain with you nuns will just stifle her potential. She is meant to travel and learn about the world. That is the only way she can blossom.”

Miecao grits her teeth. “Shunshi, I agreed to split up the girls because you told me that you would keep her safe. And what did you do? You got her dragged into your own mess!” As she argues with Yao, her speech grows coarser.

“Yes, that’s my mistake,” grumbles Yao, “but there’s no need to drag her off to the mountain because of this. Besides, you already have one to take care of.”

“That is not the point, you horrible man,” grimaces the Abbess. Suddenly she turns to you. “That does remind me,” she says bitterly, “I do need to thank you for escorting Yifang to Chengdu safely. That girl is a real handful. She could have contacted Miaozhu after they got separated and told them to come for her, but instead she sends a message telling them she’s with you and attempting to save you from the cycle of karma, and that she would meet them at Chengdu. I will punish that girl for her recklessness. And Miaozhu’s team, for being too lenient on her.” The old nun pauses for a while, before glaring at you suspiciously. “You did not do anything ungentlemanly towards her, did you?”

Raising your hands, you back away. “Of course not! Perish the thought, Abbess! Defiling a nun would be the last thing on my mind!” Besides you, you hear Cao’er murmur quietly, slightly sulkily, “…Jing is a lecher… but it’s okay. I don’t mind being second… or third.” You suddenly remember that you have never corrected her misconception of you as a womanizer before getting dragged off by Master Zhang.

Yao’s loud laughter interrupts your thoughts.

“Lihua, the boy is too confused to take this all in. Perhaps you should explain it to them.”

She squints at the Killer Physician. “Can we trust him?”

“I’d trust him with my life.”

The Abbess clears her throat. “Cao’er, I have something to tell you. You are our granddaughter. Mine and Shunshi’s.”

You eye the window. Suddenly, jumping out of it looks like a very appealing option. You have read about these plots in two-penny novels bought on the street, but you had never imagined you would encounter such a generic twist in real life.

“You also have a twin sister,” says Yao. “She’s a nun at Emei, by the name of Yifang.”

“Well, I think it might be better if I allowed you three a happy family reunion,” you say suddenly with an awkward laugh as you stand up. This is too much for you to take in all at once. “I will be outside if you need me.

“Oh, you are as good as family, Jing,” grins Yao slyly. You do not like that grin. “I was going to betroth Cao’er to you after all.” The girl in question makes a strangled noise and turns entirely red, like a cat hacking up a furball.

“I was not told about this, Shunshi,” says Miecao menacingly.

“Well, it’s up to the young ones anyway. I’m just making a suggestion,” he cackles.

“Xu Jing, it is rude to leave after we have agreed to confide in you. Sit down,” says the Abbess coldly. You do so dutifully. She may not be one of the Five Great Pugilists, but her reputation is mentioned in the same breath. You can tell that she has the power to back up her leadership of one of the most powerful of the Eight Major Sects. With a great sigh, you resign yourself to their exposition, though it is told more for Cao’er’s benefit than yours.

It is a simple story.

When the Abbess was young, she was a powerful bandit queen and an adventuress. One day, her gang turned on her, betraying her as such scum are wont to do when they sense weakness. A young Yao, fresh from his studies, found her injured in the woods. He nursed her to health, and they inevitably fell in love.

At this part you had to stop them and beg politely that they skip the courting scenes.

Soon afterwards, the Abbess, then known as Lihua, became pregnant. They had a child, a daughter. However, Lihua’s past sins caught up to her. With the authorities and her enemies suddenly after her, they decided they had no choice but to send the child away for fostering. After an argument in which swords were drawn, Lihua became a nun to repent for her misdeeds, taking on the Buddhist name of Miecao. A bitter Yao, on the other hand, went on to cultivate his reputation as the Killer Physician.

They continued to keep a careful watch over their daughter whenever they could, however. She grew up, fell in love with a man of her own, a pugilist from a long family of pugilists, and eventually married him.

“Alright, could we stop?” you ask wearily. Yao snorts. “What, have you no patience?”

“No,” you sigh. “I just know where this is going. Your daughter gives birth to two girls, Cao’er and Yifang. Something happens to her and her husband; presumably killed or otherwise indisposed. Then, master, you picked up the girls and brought them to the Abbess. You decided to share guardianship of the children. Master, you recognized Cao’er’s potential, and took her with you. And so now here we are. Am I right?”

“The boy is smart,” murmurs Yao, impressed.

“No, I’ve just read many books with a similar storyline before,” you groan, rubbing your temples. “I just can’t believe… look, am I being messed with?”

“Are you saying our life experiences are a joke to you?” says the Abbess. Her eyes are sharp enough to dig a hole in your heart. You shake your head quickly. “No, of course not. Please continue.”

“There is not much left to say.” Miecao looks at Cao’er. “I just want her to know, so that she will come with her grandmother to Emei where I will keep her safe. Her useless grandfather here will be kept in a monastery for a while, so there is nowhere else for her to go anyway.”

“There’s no need for that,” says Yao quickly. “Jing can keep her safe, can’t you?”

“You cannot expect me to trust Zhang Jue’s disciple-“

“She just isn’t suited for life in a convent-“

As the two old people begin to argue, you look at Cao’er. She seems to be considering everything they have just said and revealed. Her face is furrowed, deep in thought; you cannot tell what she is thinking. “Well? Jing, what do you say?” asks Yao suddenly. "I think Cao'er will be more likely to listen to you."

You look at the Killer Physician and the Abbess of Emei.

A. Cao’er should go to Emei. She will be safer there than she is with you on the road; this is the only consideration you should think of.

B. Cao’er should come with you. You will look out for each other, and you cannot see her being comfortable with the nuns, to be honest.

C. You let Cao’er decide. It’s her life after all – what you should do is support her decision the best you can.

Last edited:

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I guess it all worked out. Whelp, I don't really want us to marry Cao'er, we're already promised to the Ashina tribe girl.

C

C.

But before she decides tell her we must return to the Maniac within a year and when that happens she will have to remain somewhere safe (possibly the Emei) for an unknown period of time. The last thing I want is to have here anywhere near that asshole. Who knows how he would react to that - he might kill her just for travelling with us.

Nevill

Arcane
Kipeci said:
While we did practice our killing on bound prisoners, people could be imprisoned for a lot of awfully petty things back in the day, so we've probably already done that a few times.

The leap from "may have killed an unspecified number of people of unknown culpability due to backstory" to "definitely murdered a guiltless person in their sleep by a conscious player choice" is a pretty big one to make.

Baltika9 said:
Because if he would have been a "social darwinist/survivalist," he wouldn't give a crap if we killed the nuns, would probably instruct us to kill off the losers of our matches and try to bend us to his point of view. And yet, didn't. I'm just giving the guy the benefit of the doubt, "don't judge a book by it's cover" and all.
Why would he kill the perfect training dummies? Why would he care about them, personally, one bit?
I don't judge him by his cover - he pretty much confirmed his willingness to murder Yao, Cao'er, the nuns that he allegedly cares so much about, and then us, if we didn't submit to him.

Baltika9 said:
Remember the "Oh no! He'll make us an insane killing machine, JUST LIKE HIM!" and how that didn't happen?
Ah, about that...
He made us a killing machine all right, and our sanity is rapidly waning. Look at the votes, we would have totally done the deed if we just had more time until dawn. Because massa Zhang gave us a task, and we have to oblige at first possible opportunity. Did you think it was even conceivable before? Look no further than Songfeng duel! Face it, the change in the psyche have already happened.

Right, the update.
It was a long time since I was equally satisfied with all options. We may lend Cao'er in the caring hands of Emei, allow for her rare talent to blossom and make her an unparalleled fighter and their best disciple, then murder her as a part of our mission. Or we may take her with us and have her spike people's drinks so we could gut them alive while they are asleep. The choices, the choices.

:butthurt:

I think I'll go with B. Flopped to A.

Last edited:

TOME

Cuckmaster General
“…Jing is a lecher… but it’s okay. I don’t mind being second… or third.”

Oh boy. Our harem is growing every update.

As your feet touch the floor, she springs up suddenly to face your intrusion, her hand blurred in a throwing movement. You feel a sharp sting – looking down, you see two needles embedded near your pressure points. At those locations, it would cause swift paralysis… if you still had pressure points.

And you faggots didn't want to go for thrown weapons. Fuck you.

C. But we really should tell her first about our situation.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
As your feet touch the floor, she springs up suddenly to face your intrusion, her hand blurred in a throwing movement. You feel a sharp sting – looking down, you see two needles embedded near your pressure points. At those locations, it would cause swift paralysis… if you still had pressure points.

And you faggots didn't want to go for thrown weapons. Fuck you.

For better or worse, our perception has never been good enough to pull that off. I'm not saying that the ability to harpoon people with broken bar stools wouldn't kick all kinds of ass.

Nevill

Arcane
* saved Yifang
* saved Cao'er
* Abbess of the sect is the lover of former Master
Looks at the character sheet

Emei Sect: -20 (Neutral)
Assholes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom