Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] 傳

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    So... were we finally freed from the cycle? Is our soul not under Nuwa's 'jurisdiction' anymore?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    :bravo:

^ Top  
  3. ScubaV Prophet

ScubaV
    I thought for sure I would have to claim the non-canon God of War ending, but this beats it for sure. I didn't think D would work out, but it did beautifully. Looking forward to the post-mortem and either Hobo Rider or Cthulhu.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  4. skaraher Arbiter

skaraher
    :salute:

What happened to Yang Xue after his fight with Shun ? What really happened between him and the Frathouse ? Is he really both Xu Jing's and Yunzi's grandfather ?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Ah, yes, who were Xu Jing's parents? Why did Li Ming sought us out? Did he think to save the Tang Empire if we allowed Shun to kill us at the final showdown?

And who really did 9/2 Heihu Valley and Wufushan (and why they did the latter)?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Jester Arbiter

Jester
    Oh itc Cao will be the person fighting heaven. Overly attached girlfriend(?) will go all yandere on them. Poor bastards they are so screwed. Thats the fate worse than death.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  7. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Poor girl. :cry:

Her LCK stat is probably not much higher than ours.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    And, I've gotta say this, thanks bro. For the story, for the LP and for all the moments of trolling and fanservice. And for putting up with the retardation of our rollbacks.

Thanks, treave. I really do appreciate it.

• Brofist Brofist x 10
    ^ Top  
  9. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Yes. It was the finest entertainment I've had in the course of the whole year, bar none. I was seriously addicted to this stuff.

Many thanks, and I am looking forward to anything you would DM or write in the future.

:greatjob:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    I wonder how long of a rest treave will want, before he startes his next CYOA? I won't mind if he thinks he's deserved a couple of months of rest. I sure think he does. :hero:

^ Top  
  11. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Well, if you enjoy the ending as it is, I'll warn you in advance to avoid the upcoming, customary Another Epilogue...

• Brofist Brofist x 13
    ^ Top  
  12. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    :troll: treave strikes again.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  13. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    :lol: :troll:

^ Top  
  14. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    What could it be, I wonder...
    Oh.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  15. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Another Epilogue

The light subsides – it is still bright, but no longer blinding. Your first thought is that you are drowning in softness; as if you are immersed in a lake of cotton. Desperately, you claw your way up; your eye snaps open in a panic.

You find yourself staring at the ceiling. A bright circle of light hovers above you, attached to flat white tiles. It is a strange architecture that you have not seen before. You are in a room of some sort, lying on an extremely soft bed. Your senses are still blurry, your muscles unresponsive – with some effort, you manage to get your head to move. You see a girl staring at you, dressed in a weird outfit.

Yunzi?

She walks over to you, concerned.

Impulsively, you try to hug her.

Yunzi screams as the sheets fall away, revealing your full nakedness. Turning red, she attempts to shove you away desperately.

“Oh, don’t tell me you’re being shy now, after what we did the last time?” you laugh. Then, you pause. “Wait, your belly is…” You place your hand under Yunzi’s clothes, on her flat stomach, and she positively shrieks.

There is a loud shout and a metal tray slams into your nose. The tray breaks, leaving you unharmed but bewildered, staring at the other girl that had just attacked you. Qilin. Yunzi runs and hides behind Qilin, babbling in a foreign language that you are certain is not Tujue.

“What is going on here? I don’t really understand, but are the two of you playing a joke on me?” you ask, but your questions are answered by a barrage of blows from Qilin, who is shouting in the strange tongue. Even if you have just newly awakened from your stupor, you still find her attacks easy to intercept. Has she lost her touch? You turn the tables quickly – grabbing Qilin by the wrists, you push her down on the bed, straddling her.

“What’s going on here?” you demand. Things seem very wrong. Qilin blushes, and then scowls, before kneeing you in a place only the late Iron Shaft could defend. She rolls away from the bed while you are wincing from her well-aimed blow. She hurries to Yunzi’s side – the two of them whisper hurriedly, giving you dirty glances all the while.

Then, the door opens. A similarly attired girl walks in, and this time it is Cao’er, with her hair tied up in a bun and some sort of strange wires placed around her eyes. Qilin and Yunzi bow to her nervously while you stare in surprise at this unprecedented interaction between the three of them. Cao’er tells them something and sends the two girls running off. Once they are gone, she locks the door and cautiously steps forward until she is standing right by your side.

“Is this a joke, or a dream, or one of Nuwa’s pranks?” you ask tentatively. If it is the latter, you will have to find some way out of it. Without warning, and breaking your train of thought entirely, Cao’er throws her arms around you, burying her face in your bare chest. She is sobbing.

“…Cao’er?”

“Jing! Jing! Jing!” She starts crying your name over and over again. You can do nothing but hold her close to you.

It takes a long while before she composes herself enough to talk. “I… thought I would never see you again.”

“I was worried about that too,” you admit, “but where am I? And what is wrong with Qilin and Yunzi?”

“Well…” She explains carefully.

It seems that more than a thousand years have passed.

And that the Qilin and Yunzi you saw are actually your descendants.

Your face goes pale, realizing what you did. “I… I did that to my…”

“Oh… don’t worry,” smiles Cao’er wickedly. “After so many generations, they are no more closely related to you than they are to any man you pick off the street. It is okay, Jing. They will grow to love you too. I am sure of it.”

You don’t really think it is okay. It isn't... right?

“But… you are the same Cao’er that I left behind, aren’t you?”

“Not exactly the same… I think,” she smiles sadly. And true enough, though her appearance young as the day you left her, there is a tired look in her eyes. She must have been through a lot this past thousand years, and all by herself too. You cannot resist patting her head.

“It doesn’t matter,” you say. “It’s all the same to me.”

The world-weariness seems to vanish from her gaze in an instant. “I’ve missed that…” Cao’er beams.

“So, this means that you learned Xuezi’s immortality, right?”

Cao’er nods. “I’ve been searching for you ever since. It was only recently that we discovered how the Eternal Flame could have possibly warped time and space…”

Her explanation is full of words that you have never heard before, and you could barely follow it. Still, you understood the gist of what she thinks happened: to save you from Nuwa at that moment, the Eternal Flame sent you into the future. After centuries of searching Cao’er finally managed to deduce what happened and where you would appear. It seems that she was right.

“What will you do now, Jing?” Cao’er asks, resting her head on your shoulders.

“Well…”

After listening to Cao’er and understanding the situation you are in, you have come to a decision. Though this new world must be absolutely interesting to explore, there are three affairs in particular you would like to see through to the end.

Three loose ends you would like to tie up.

Free Shun from eternal banishment.

Teach the gods a small lesson.

Return to the time and place where you belong, to those that are waiting for you.

Succeeding in any one task would be a deed great enough to go down in legend, but you are Man Tiger Pig, after all.

Why settle for one, when you can do all three?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 19
    ^ Top  
  16. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    KANE LIVES! :salute: :lol:

:bunkertime:

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  17. Elfberserker Liturgist

Elfberserker
    :kwafuckyeah:
    FUCK YEAH!!
    Happy ending with Cao'er!!!!!!!!

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  18. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Tomorrow I'll begin to answer whatever questions I can, and we will start the vote on the next LP.

Unfortunately the choices may have expanded from two to three for that one.

• Brofist Brofist x 8
    ^ Top  
  19. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Where do you want your vacation to be? Speak so that we may serve, O Lord.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  20. Kashmir Slippers Magister

Kashmir Slippers
  21. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Hm.

Can we get a bonus to our neigong due to our newfound mastery of the Eternal Flame? :powergamer:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    FUCKYISSSSSSSS

Yolotyger4lyfe

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Elfberserker Liturgist

Elfberserker
    Neigon upgrade would be nice, but creating some sort of our fire technique would be cooler :Techniquewhoring:

^ Top  
  24. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Fire-based time traveling? I like the way you think. :cool:

^ Top  
  25. Elfberserker Liturgist

Elfberserker
    Don't forget manly lion dragon breathing technique and fireball palm dragon shooting technique:smug:

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.