Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

ScubaV

Prophet
C > B for now.

I'm torn between B and C. B would reveal our Kuanglang Step while C would reveal our claws (right?). Strictly speaking B would reveal less about us - there is no way for anyone to recognise our heavily modified qinggong technique, but somebody might recognise our main combat technique and realise we are the Maniac’s apprentice. With A we would probably lose now (we don't have the necessary endurance to outlast her), and I just don't want to lose at this point, even if it means revealing more info about us.

But what the hell - C just sounds so lulzy I can't resist, even if there is a chance it could get us kicked out of the competition (just because it is not explicitly forbidden doesn't mean the judges would find it as funny as we would, and they get the last word).

C > B for now.

edit: Make that B > C. We have enough enemies as it is, no need to make more of her, her sister and her entire sect if we can help it. While C sounds fun, B lets us win without making us look like a jerk.

Last edited:

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The dizziness is alarming. Trying to outlast her might very well backfire. C is amusing and entirely within character of Jing. Remember, we want to win this tournament, but that isn't our primary goal. However, we will certainly be dishonouring the sect by disrobing one of their best students. I'd like to keep the list of enemies short, so I'll be wanting

B

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
All right, now to the actual reasoning.

Bai Jiutian is certainly suspicious of us, since he questioned the young monk to the point that the latter almost spilt what he had sworn to keep a secret. This was a dick move by him, and it calls for a dick move of our own.

C would not win us a tournament if we were up against an adult. An experienced warrior does not concern himself - or herself - with such matters. They would fight stark naked, if the situation called for it. It would be silly to lose your life because of your top falling off in an actual combat, in fact, they might just as well make the best out of it and use it as a distraction to gain an advantage over their enemies.

But this is a tournament for youths. At the end of the day, Nie Mudan is just a young girl, and - how should I put this? - too proper even for her age. The worst taunt that she could muster was to call us a rogue who hides our face? Did she think she would get a rise out of us with just that? Apparently, she had a strict upbringing and a somewhat rigid view as to what is considered decorous and seemly. There is just no better target for our tactics. It should render her completely helpless.

Besides, the girl really has to watch her tongue. Doubting our manliness and challenging us to prove it? What would be a better retort to that than to have her demonstrate her own womanly charms before the eyes of a full stadium? Jing wouldn't be Jing if he allowed such a perfect irony go to waste.

The jury and the sects are not our friends here. It is obvious they disapprove of some out-of-nowhere fighter who keeps kicking the crap out of their best disciples. But the crowd loves us. We are a dark horse, a hot topic, a spice in a dish that had become somewhat stale. We provide the best entertainment, the kind of which they haven't seen in years.

If we win the sympathies of the crowd, then even if a fact that we are Zhang Jue's disciple comes to light, nobody will dare to as much as point a finger at us. People will think they are just jealous, and nobody would believe that such a charming and an easygoing fellow who can set people laughing is some kind of a creepy assassin. The crowd would be the only one to vouch for us when nobody else would. We are their idol, and we should not disappoint them.

All of this reinforces my desire to go C.

But what the hell - C just sounds so lulzy I can't resist, even if there is a chance it could get us kicked out of the competition (just because it is not explicitly forbidden doesn't mean the judges would find it as funny as we would, and they get the last word).
Oh, I dare them not to admit our win. They will only discredit their name in front of the people. The same people who would accept our victory unanimously because they'd love to watch this kind of thing more often in future tournaments.

Last edited:

asxetos

Augur
I think A is too risky here, since we have an average endurance of 5 and our buzzing head may cause us trouble.
I dont really mind exposing the Kuanglang Step. Who knows, the Ashina might be watching and come to us on his own.

B > C for me, in order not to risk A, but i may flop to C > B if there are good arguements that we can win and have some lulz in the process.

Nevill

Arcane
B > C for me, in order not to risk A, but i may flop to C > B if there are good arguements that we can win and have some lulz in the process.
Do you need proof that we can pull off the plan with the sash, or that we can win after that? Because from where I am standing, if we manage to strip her, our victory is assured. She won't be able to put up a remotedly decent fight after being humiliated like that.

Jester

Arbiter
Lets the show begin here goes the league of Draven!

I believe that B or C are winnig options. A is somewhat riskier. If i am correct we didn't use any powerful tech in this tournament so our performance so far should please Zhang.

Dmn if we will continue to ridicule this tournament and get speech about honor of non main school participants its going be interesting.

Treave does going with C will be accompanied by pig sounds? This arc need laud Qui in my humble oppinion!

Baltika9

Arcane
I'm going for B on this one; even though C is very, very lulzy, I'm not sure it's such a good idea: for one, we're underestimating the discipline of a sectarian here, she may have the self-control to go on fighting, better yet, she may be wearing underwear; on the other hand, this will probably piss her completely off and make her fight even harder and faster. Our head is already buzzing worse than after a hard night of drinking, one more push from her and we're done. We have to win this now, and the only option that allows us to finish this here and now is B, hence why I believe it is the best option of the three. Then, we're also feeling dizzy, so with her speed, she can hold us at bay while we grope for her clothing.
Also, if Lantu or Yunzi are really here, they will definitely recognize what it is we're using and hopefully come a-knocking sometime soon.

C because:
Kyūkyoku!! Hentai Kamen (究極!!変態仮面?, lit. "Ultimate!! Pervert Mask") The series tells the tale of a young martial artist who transforms into a bizarre hero of justice by wearing a pair of panties on his head.
lets power up : D
Really? Because if we're talking animu here, we'll only succeed in unleashing her feminine wrath with that move and lose,

“Man Tiger Pig is mysterious in his ways. He comes and goes like the wind, sometimes as a man, at other times a pig, even occasionally a tiger. I cannot call him a friend of mine. What of it?”
:lol:
This deserves a separate mention. MAJESTIC! I just wonder what this conversation would have been like if we came in as Zhang? A peek into the alternate reality, please, treave.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Baltika9 said:
I'm going for B on this one; even though C is very, very lulzy, I'm not sure it's such a good idea: for one, we're underestimating the discipline of a sectarian here, she may have the self-control to go on fighting, better yet, she may be wearing underwear; on the other hand, this will probably piss her completely off and make her fight even harder and faster.
When his opponent is not thinking clearly, Jing triumphs. This was the case in Songfeng, when we tempted Rong Jr to drop his Huashan technique, this happened to Yiling, when we lured her in with a seemingly clumsy display while she was desperate to win. And here we, too, will prevail.

It is a trolling move, and Jing excels at it by now.

Baltika9 said:
Then, we're also feeling dizzy, so with her strength, she can hold us at bay while we grope for her clothing.
But C specifically isn't about the strength.

Baltika9

Arcane
Just another enemy to add to our list. Why not?
Or to our harem. You'll never know with these love/hate relationships. It is a perfect occasion to get to know each other better.
I just realized, C has the potential to drive a bigger rift between us and Cao'er. Anything for that, I may just flop.
:troll:
Or it may drive her that much closer to the edge out of jealousy.

Nevill

Arcane
B-but she agreed to share!

And if we tell her that Mudan would be our forth wife, and Cao'er our third, it would still be within the realms of acceptable for her. I say our bond is stronger than that!

Baltika9

Arcane
B-but she agreed to share!
We're leching in everyone but her, of course it will make her jealous. Brings us that much closer to the "your harem has been slaughtered by a mysterious assassin with and needles, all their children killed in the womb" event.

Nevill

Arcane
Pah. She'll just make them look plain like Xiaoxiang with her acupuncture technique.
Which is why we need Qilin around, too.

You attribute too much bloodlust to a poor girl that had never killed so much as a chicken before.

Oh, and...
Baltika9 said:
We're leching in everyone but her
We need to fix this ASAP.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Mark my words, Cao'er will be the one to finally castrate us.

I daresay it's all the nuns have been teaching her, and she is a fast learner.

Nevill

Arcane
Which is why we need to make a move on her sister, too. Cao'er wouldn't want to deny Yifang the only joy in her otherwise pure and stale life, would she?

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Guise let's get a Khandom first so we can afford a harem, m'kay?
Exactly, let's not put the cart before the horse. Besides, we'll first have to convince Yunzi to go along with it, which will be no mean feat. She's a very territorial girl.
Mark my words, Cao'er will be the one to finally castrate us.

I daresay it's all the nuns have been teaching her, and she is a fast learner.
Of course her grandmother taught her that. As well as pesky ideas about monogamy and self-respect. Mark my words, she be crazy. Crazier than Zhang, he at least doesn't go all "Uhihihi" when he kills people.

Nevill

Arcane
Baltika9 said:
Mark my words, she be crazy. Crazier than Zhang, he at least doesn't go all "Uhihihi" when he kills people.
Well, she doesn't, either. Mainly because, y'know, she doesn't kill people for breakfast, or at all. I'll take that over a serial killer any day of the week.

Anyway, I am not in favor of B. Mad Wolf Step would be our ace in the sleeve against Yandi, where speed will decide the outcome. I would not want to expose that just yet.

BTW, treave, can we set up a match between Bai Jiutian and Yandi? Our guy went a long way to meet the previous champion, after all. Maybe they can agree to an unofficial duel, and we, as a mediator, would get to watch? I am interested in what kind of a man this Jiutian is, and if we can arrange for it before our match with Yandi tomorrow, the information would be invaluable.

Baltika9

Arcane
Anyway, I am not in favor of B. Mad Wolf Step would be our ace in the sleeve against Yandi, where speed will decide the outcome. I would not want to expose that just yet.
Except he isn't watching our match at all right now, being too focused on three hundred pounds of pure BRO that is Guo Fu. And his master is most likely watching them, too.
Edit: and there's no guarantee he'll win that one, either.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom